• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Cooperative PC games thread v 2.0

I'm a big fan of Killing Floor, however I'm excessively biased towards it because I've clocked in hundreds of hours. One of the few games where the devs have actively supported and updated it for YEARS after release. Will remain and absolute classic to me and my friends

In reality, the perk level up system is immensely slow, and a key reason why not so many people still play it. Can't wait for KF2, I just hope they tone down the perk level up requirements a bit so people stick around for longer.

Oh, nevermind, I was thinking of Lost Ark for some reason. Graphic styles looked similar. Still looks cool as balls.

Actually, the slow perking is what kept me grinding all the bastards and it was cool to hang around, trying to do specific job to perk up. Now that I'm LVL 6 on all perks, it kinda lost the charm. And even though I admit I got bored now a bit, I've been playing it non stop for like 2 years. If they'd extend levels to LVL 10 or beyond and add new weapons and stuff to those perks, it could be interesting again.

And the Unreal Engine 2.0 is a bit dated. Not from visual perspective, I was actually fine with it. It's gritty, sharp and looks cool, it's the performance on massive open maps. UE 2.0 just wasn't designed for it and it shows here. Especially with hundreds of monsters marching around. Taht's why I'm waiting for KF2 so eagerly. UE 3.0 will instantly mean better performance by itself, despite being more demanding engine as a whole.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Clandestine, savior of modern day splinter cell nonsense.
Conviction was a blast two player..

VINDICTUS
solo, story mode with 1-4 players, pvp, raids up to 10 players
free to play..pay to win and look awesome while you do it
gameplay is intense and nothing you would quickly forget
Steam, Nexon, Source Engine, Win7-8, DX9, plays best on Intel cpu's

We remembered it the other night when someone was talking about Archeage and Black Desert Online. Vindcitus is several years old now however thanks for reminding me that it's more than just an a-typical MMO.

However if I recall it uses that Akamai service? Can that be circumvented? I noticed you can download the game installation files on their own, or you can install the Nexus program which is Akamai...

Killing Floor. It's a players vs Ai monsters in waves and it's jolly fun. Especially since there is no upper player limit. More players just means more monsters. It also has perking, so, for the new players it's super exciting because you're unlocking new weapons and abilites and you have to rely more on teamwork. And each player class has own leveling.

Can't wait for Killing Floor 2. It'll be an instant buy for me when it comes out.

Something about the first one irked me, didn't go over well. We are definitely looking at the sequel though with anticipation.

@Ford

CoJ: The Cartel was a good suggestion and of course E.Y.E. is awesome if you can find people with the patience for it. It takes a lot of time and testing to figure out what the heck every thing does character wise.

Processor FX6350@4.2ghz-i54670k@4ghz
Video Card(s) HD7850-R9290
no akamai is used. it just has a nexon game manager plugin for your browser but it is a little different now. there is a nexon launcher now that is similar to like arc and steam if you download it from nexon. I have not found a direct launch in the game files but when I was playing it on steam they always included a direct launch in the game files.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Well I tried the Nexus suggested program and it immediately wanted to install Akamai, so I'm going for the manual files.

Processor FX6350@4.2ghz-i54670k@4ghz
Video Card(s) HD7850-R9290
um.. maybe it is regional or something. are you sure your getting it from the right place? its nexon not nexus.

I have other games that use akamai but none of them are installed currently and there is zero akamai files anywhere or showing up as processes.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
System Name In the works
Processor 4670k
Motherboard ASUS Z87
Cooling 5x120mm
Memory 8GB Sniper Gskill 1833
Video Card(s) MSI 970 Gaming
Storage 2x 240gb SSD's + 1TB seagate
Display(s) 27" Acer 1920x1080
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply OCZ Power 600W Modular
Keyboard Corsait K70 with red switches
Software Win10
As per the title, please list whatever cooperative titles you can think of. This is obviously for PC only, though I would ask that you clarify the following :

• Title
  • Supported amount players
  • Supported services (Steam, Tunngle, Hamachi, Gamespy)
  • Windows version known to work on(e.g. if it was originally a DOS game, or Win95, is there a GoG copy?)
  • The specific type of connection method it supports, TCP/IP, LAN, IPX, etc. If multiple modes are offered i.e. Local LAN And 'online' LAN then make a note of that.
  • A brief comment about the game play and particularly about the cooperative game play. It's helpful to know if it differs from the single player experience (as in it has no campaign mode, rather a series of 'maps' or mini missions)

I started making a bookmarks folder for any cooperative games I could find, though it's getting too long now.
I don't know what happened to our old Cooperative thread, maybe we can populate a new one.

Thanks

RCoon if this takes off, maybe we can get it stickied.

May we see your list? You could just throw it up on your original post.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
What the OP is asking for ,you can get it all here :
http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html. I tested some games from that websites list,in about 4 years time,and i found some errors,but 90% it's all good.
The list of coop games that i've played is to long. The most recent one is Borderlands Pre Sequel in LAN 2 players. We laugh and laugh all the way.What more can you ask from a game then to bring joy in your life.
If it does not make you happy, don't play!
And still playing Diablo 3 on PS3 local coop 2 players(me and my friend on a couch) And it's very very good! The camera is super good and everything else. We managed to get to the start of Act 4.
Alone i would not have played Diablo.You kill mob after mob and nothing happens. But with more people,and you can play up to 4 players local on a PS3....it is very fun!
Word to the wise: Do not play Diablo 3 on normal or hard mode.Mobs die very easily.Even for players with no experience. Go for Expert mode the first time. You will not regret.