• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

laracroft225

@laracroft225 in Install.cmd delete lines 9 and 10.

I switch to windows 7 64bit today everything runs fine! I think install.cmd is not correct on windows 8.1 operating systems thats why command promp says '' Please Run this as administrator!'' but I will try again with deleting that lines 9 and 10 I come back soon later!

thanks!

Last edited:

raysol

i have the same problem in windows 7 x64 should i do the same with lines 9 and 10?

Remix

I have the same problem...
what's wrong?

...hey guy´s im trying use in a GTX660TI+GTX660 and get this sms...Driver 347.09...Windows 8.1...

View attachment 61457

Rsport20

Wow, it worked flawless on my old non-SLI motherboard ASRock p55de3 with 2x MSI 660ti !! (latest Nvidia 347.52 drivers)
Thank you very much !

raysol

I switch to windows 7 64bit today everything runs fine! I think install.cmd is not correct on windows 8.1 operating systems thats why command promp says '' Please Run this as administrator!'' but I will try again with deleting that lines 9 and 10 I come back soon later!

thanks!
it did work yes it did.......
now, i realy like to ask you do you think windows 7 x64 it is better for different sli? because i am thinking to use windows 8.1

UZ901

Hello All,

I wanted to say I successfully got this working in the Windows 10 Tech Preview build 9926. The install.cmd successfully patched the file, but could not copy it back over in to the system32/drivers folder afterwards. I had to go in to safe mode and manually copy the patched file back in. Two different cards running in Windows 10!

laracroft225

it did work yes it did.......
now, i realy like to ask you do you think windows 7 x64 it is better for different sli? because i am thinking to use windows 8.1

there is no difference between performance only different layout theme with new futures, I like the work flow of Windows 8.1 it has amazing new futures except metro interface disabled with stardock start8 utility.
all old games works under 8.1, I recommended it!

UZ901

there is no difference between performance only different layout theme with new futures, I like the work flow of Windows 8.1 it has amazing new futures except metro interface disabled with stardock start8 utility.
all old games works under 8.1, I recommended it!

Win8 is terrible because of Metro and the awful start menu, but Win10 is pretty much everything nice about Win8, but with a usable start menu. I would say it is even a nicer experience than Win7.

Is anyone experienced with the SLI-Bridge-Chip on Dual-GPU cards?

My question is can we conclude some information from Nvidia's onboard dual-gpu sli bridge chips allow the capacity for quad-sli support?

Wasn't all Nvidia reference dual-gpu cards capable of Quad-SLI? Didn't most of these if not all reference dual-gpu cards use the same or similar SLI-Bridge-Chip?

As we have concluded earlier it may very well be possible to Quad-SLI 2Win GPU's. Has anyone tried this? Or does anyone have two 2Win's laying around to try using DifferentSLIAuto?

I don't know or have the DEV ID of the GTX460 2Win because it's not in the list on post #1.

I suspect this to very well be possible and to potentially work as intended.

Suggestions and Discussion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

MediaFire pulled DifferentSLIAuto v1.2 because of a DMCA copyright complaint despite the fact that it contains absolutely no copyrighted code, nor does it circumvent copyright protection. NVIDIA® Internet Defense Force is out in full force today! I'll have it rehosted somewhere else since MediaFire is so spineless and update the OP with the new link.

bloodman376

Could anyone re-upload the DifferentSLIAuto v1.2? I just reformatted my computer for an SSD :/

CasseroleTransplant

Hello,

I would like to use SLI on an old motherboard with the Intel 975X chipset (Specifically the Asus P5W DH Deluxe).
This is a crossfire board, and does not officially support SLI, however other users have reported success in the past with hacked drivers.

The graphics cards I want to pair will be identical, Geforce 7950 GX2 (A dual GPU card, so this will be quad SLI).

I read the entire thread to see if anyone had a 975X Chipset board, but there were none. I understand if nobody knows whether this will work. If there were a solution, is DifferentSLI the tool I should be looking at, or is there something better for my situation?

Thank you.

laracroft225

is it possible to put gtx670 and gtx780 in sli with these hack? it is different series but somebody say it is possible with these hack?

cygnosv2

i can get the old method 320.18 to work flawless but i tried 1.2&1.3 on the latest drivers and i keep getting this same error... let me know whats up! thanks

EDIT: i did get this working using 1.2 with the latest drivers

Last edited:
Version 1.3 doesn't work at all but 1.2 works fine.

I was able to Quad-SLI Dual GTX 460 2Win's but I get a message says "Please Connect SLI Connector For Proper Performance". I did connect an SLI Connector so it's clear there is no electrical communication between the SLI Connector and the rest of the circuitry.

If I don't have a bridge how can I get it to scale on GPU #3, and #4? I tried forcing it and it appears to scale only on #1 if I force 3-way or 4-way SFR/AFR. However 2-way SLI on one card works.

Does anyone know how to force apps to actually hit on the 3rd and 4th core without a bridge?

Apparently there are old drivers that allow BRIDGELESS SLI but does it work on GTX 460's? the first driver for the 460 was in the 295-298s I believe.

Thanks

is it possible to put gtx670 and gtx780 in sli with these hack? it is different series but somebody say it is possible with these hack?
I think anything is possible as in Nvidia Control Panel will say yeah it's working. However getting it to scale across the cards is a whole different story.

@chris189 I reverted some v1.3 changes, please redownload from the releases pages and try.

Thanks I'll check it out but I'm super annoyed about these 2Win's they are 2Losers because you can't Quad-SLI them and get proper 4-way scaling.

Now they just spin at full speed with no post. It's crazy hard just to get post at the BIOS. There are 3 DVI's and I'm not sure which one is the right one to plug in to, to get BIOS post.

If anyone can help get true scaling on all 4 or a circuitry mod to solder a wire from the sli bridges on each card to the proper resistor/ whatever to get it to function properly?

laracroft225

Thanks I'll check it out but I'm super annoyed about these 2Win's they are 2Losers because you can't Quad-SLI them and get proper 4-way scaling.

Now they just spin at full speed with no post. It's crazy hard just to get post at the BIOS. There are 3 DVI's and I'm not sure which one is the right one to plug in to, to get BIOS post.

most motherboards recognize the first pci-e slot as standard for the display adapter but you can change that in Bios.

most motherboards recognize the first pci-e slot as standard for the display adapter but you can change that in Bios.

These cards are just tricky but I got them working properly now lol ... they are great. However if we knew how to connect the SLI Connector with a Conductive pen on the PCB to get proper scaling would make this a perfect combo.

I'm on 347.25s win7 x64 ... Actually its working perfectly on all 4. I set SLI Count to AUTOSELECT and it's hitting all 4 nicely wow the fps on x4 460's is really awesome.

Also in global profile this made a hell of a difference... WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_MODERATE_PRE_ALLOCATION

It appears it has 3 DVI ports per card and it only seems to post on a specific dvi port. There are two stacked and one alone. You must plug into the top DVI of the Stacked DVI ports basically. I got them both working and under-volted/ under-clocked them to get some nice temps and really nice performance I must say.

Last edited: