• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zalman Z11 Plus - Moddated case

I voted 9/10 because:

Great improvement and effort put into it. If people can vote 10 on very "creative" cases, then I surely can give this project a 9. :)

System Name 50RIN's Zalman Z11
Processor AMD X3 3,3 GHZ Triple Core
Cooling 120mm Cooler Master 2000RPM
Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce GT620 2gb/128bit
Storage Western Digital 500GB HDD
Display(s) Samsung H5500 40"(101CM) Full HD
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi 5.1 Usb
Software Windows 7 64BIT
Keep in mind that it's not about RPM alone, it is the airflow that counts! Also, fewer RPM means less noise, so you shouldn't have any problems if you do replace those fans at some point. As for your latest picture... OMG! :eek: That is awesome!!! I just now realized something... you may call me stupid, but I never knew you modded that acrylic side panel! :oops: You should list that in the gallery under "performed mods". As I've taken great interest in your progress, I checked out Zalman's homepage, and - well, there's a totally different case from what you have got now! :laugh: Also, congratulations for fitting your old fan controller into that side panel... did you have to cut anything out to fit in in there? It - looks - GREAT! :clap:
You've made great progress, take a look at the first pics you posted and then, that last one - you can totally be proud of your work! :toast:
I think it's high time I dust off my old machine & show you some pictures of it ;)
Take care, Heaven7.

Thank you very much Heaven7, i happy that you like it!
Yes, i've cut the plexiglass panel a litle bit to fit the cables and the mini panel wich has the "Zalman Z11 Plus High Perfomace" write on it, to fit the fan controller. It was a litle bit risky but totally worth it :D
Yep, i've replace'd the side panel with an plexiglass panel.

I'll wait for you to some me your Computer :D

Cigala

I've just registered in this forum just to tell you how amazed am I. My case is a Z11 plus and I would like to have a big window like yours, so please help me to get started. I can figure that you separated the attachment from the left cover, then you bought a transparent plastic board. Given that you would need to fit the plastic board with the case, you made a template based on where are going to go the screws. And finally you cutted the plastic board to achieve the same dimensions of the board and polished the edges :3

BTW, I bought a fan of 200x200 witch is toooo big. I have no idea where to put it. Do you?

2015-02-06 02.02.37.jpg

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
1.jpg
I've just registered in this forum just to tell you how amazed am I. My case is a Z11 plus and I would like to have a big window like yours, so please help me to get started. I can figure that you separated the attachment from the left cover, then you bought a transparent plastic board. Given that you would need to fit the plastic board with the case, you made a template based on where are going to go the screws. And finally you cutted the plastic board to achieve the same dimensions of the board and polished the edges :3

BTW, I bought a fan of 200x200 witch is toooo big. I have no idea where to put it. Do you?

View attachment 62448

Well hello there, i'm happy that you like it, :D
The most interesting thing is that you need a plexiglass panel 6mm thick 45cm * 42cm, you wont find a panel with this size but you can cut it.
I've caught the panel in 3 screw and didn't made any holes, you can see in the picture where those screws ware put in .
In the edges of the penes is adhesive tape..black colour.
The attachment from the left panel is caught with screws by the plexiglass panel, bu be carfull here.. you need to distroy almoust every hole from the screws cause they are not on the same level as the panel.. if you can make holes in O shape in the panel you don't need to cut them.

And the 200mm fan controller that you have you can put it on the left panel..but here is a lot of work for you to cut so good the cooler's shape.
I'm sorry my english isn't very good.. i hope you understood.

Thanks, have a nice day :D

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
I want that look. Fixing to buy Gaming case tomorrow. Mine will be a middle of the road gaming case.

I want that look. Fixing to buy Gaming case tomorrow. Mine will be a middle of the road gaming case.
Glad you like the look, Sorin Taran put a LOT of effort into making it look the way it is, as you can see :D Looking forward to seeing your new case!

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
Thanks you waspman3 and Heaven7 :D.

OfXaos

I voted 10/10 because:

You did a great job on the fan controller on the side... looks amazing, also the inside wire job (where the mobo/psu/etc.. is at) looks great, lol the otherside is something that's left to be desired however not too many will actually see that side so yea! GREAT JOB!!!!!

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
I voted 10/10 because:

You did a great job on the fan controller on the side... looks amazing, also the inside wire job (where the mobo/psu/etc.. is at) looks great, lol the otherside is something that's left to be desired however not too many will actually see that side so yea! GREAT JOB!!!!!
Thank you very much :D. I want this case Zalman Z11 Plus to be an example, to be the best Z11 there is, i have done a lot of work but it's not ready yet, there are some things to come! :D Thank's again.

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
Thank you very much :D. I want this case Zalman Z11 Plus to be an example, to be the best Z11 there is, i have done a lot of work but it's not ready yet, there are some things to come! :D Thank's again.

The next thing i want to do is to move the 12led cooler on the processor in front of the case, i want to do that because if it's on that "no panel" effect it's gone, and i don't like that. If it's on you can see that plexi glass panel, i want to create a "no panel" effect :D.

The next thing i want to do is to move the 12led cooler on the processor in front of the case, i want to do that because if it's on that "no panel" effect it's gone, and i don't like that. If it's on you can see that plexi glass panel, i want to create a "no panel" effect :D.
I didn't quite get what you meant there, did you mean the Apollish creates reflections in the plexiglass and you want that panel to be as invisible as possible? Hmm... if so, I sure will miss this centerpiece. ;)

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
I didn't quite get what you meant there, did you mean the Apollish creates reflections in the plexiglass and you want that panel to be as invisible as possible? Hmm... if so, I sure will miss this centerpiece. ;)
Yes, that's exacly what i'm trying to say :D. I've move'd the Apollish on the bottom of the case, and you'are right.. that should be the center peace but i don't like at all those reflections. I didn't put in the front of the case cause you couldn't see it.. just some blue light..

I wonder if there's any way to remove those reflections? :( I totally agree with you, hiding the Apollish somewhere you can't see it would be a waste. However, I am sure you will come up with a new creative way to improve your Z11 ! :D

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
Yes, that's exacly what i'm trying to say :D. I've move'd the Apollish on the bottom of the case, and you'are right.. that should be the center peace but i don't like at all those reflections. I didn't put in the front of the case cause you couldn't see it.. just some blue light..

I've updated the Gallery.. i'll change all the picture soon. In reality looks a lot beter but my camera is not very good.

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
I wonder if there's any way to remove those reflections? :( I totally agree with you, hiding the Apollish somewhere you can't see it would be a waste. However, I am sure you will come up with a new creative way to improve your Z11 ! :D

When i bought the plexi glass it was perferct, but now it's not new and has some scracthes on it, you can't see them without those reflections.. that's the problem. I can solve it with a new plexi glass, but that will mean not to clean it :))

When i bought the plexi glass it was perferct, but now it's not new and has some scracthes on it, you can't see them without those reflections.. that's the problem. I can solve it with a new plexi glass, but that will mean not to clean it :))
I see. I don't know how much a new panel would cost or if it's worth it for you... Are there any alternatives? Might be a stupid thought of mine, but how about a glass panel? Not that I would know about any such thing, though... :D

Memory 4GB 1600MHZ
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Software Windows 7 64BIT
I see. I don't know how much a new panel would cost or if it's worth it for you... Are there any alternatives? Might be a stupid thought of mine, but how about a glass panel? Not that I would know about any such thing, though... :D
Ain't much, that's not a problem.. I tought at alternative's but i can find one.. A glass panel it's an option but not a very great one.. i can cut it my self, that's 1, and 2 if i want to make changes in the panel i can't cause every time i need to take it somewhere where someone can cut it. For example if i had an glass panel i couldn't cut it my self for the second fancontroller..