• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The ATI under-clocking tool?

H

hat

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro and downloaded the ATI tool in the hope of squeezing out those extra few 3D Marks out of my card. However, after installing the tool I cannot get it to “Find Max Core”. When I hit the tab it goes up a couple of Mhz and then just keeps going down. I left it run for a while one time and it under-clocked my card to around 50 Mhz leaving my display a right mess. My default settings are 275 Mhz for the core and 250 Mhz for the memory. I have checked this with the cards specifications and these figures are true. Am I doing something obviously wrong or is this tool just not working on my card? Any help would be much appreciated. H

PS: I have a very well ventilated case and even have a PCI exhaust under my graphics card

N

nightelf84

Try getting a similar card and test it again using ati tool. I'm thinking your card is unstable at stock speeds.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
Yeah underclocking is teh shiznit. I LOVE PLAYING DOOM 3 AT 6 FPS!!!!!

Gambit

You cld try and just set clock and then just scan for artifacts, going up little at a time, let it heat up with the box spining and then scan ect...................????