• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Jarrett

Generally, if you see "patching successful!" it worked, but you ran that program on my already patched file, so you might do well to re-download it and just run the install.cmd (with your antivirus off).

hey man it worked, how ever now windows8 is stuck in test mode, not sure if that really hurts anything, I know test mode just means I believe that you can install unsigned software in test mode, so there is no way to run this out of test mode then?? cause I tried turning it off, then the driver just dont work what so ever.. but it does work .... :)..

System Name Cooler Master Elite (case name)
Processor Amd 1090T X6 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
Cooling oversize fans
Memory 16 gigs ddr3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 - nvidia gtx 560's sli 2 gigs each video memory
Storage 6 - terabytes sata
Display(s) samsung syncmaster 2330 hd monitor
Case coolermaster elite
Audio Device(s) realtek on-board
Power Supply coolermaster 1000 watts
Software windows 7 64- bit enterprise
Benchmark Scores not available at this time.
My computer says it's in test mode also, it won't really hurt anything though, just don't turn off test mode or the patched driver will stop working.

Tomcatciller

Hello

After ages i made it finally to make my 2nd GTX580 installed on my X48 Board. The problem now is i cannot get Hyper Sli to work. I have installed the two GPUs and the latest driver working with Hypersli (335.23)

Hardware

Intel X3380
Asus Rampage Extreme X48
2x GTX 580
8 GB RAM

Software

Win 7 Prof 64 bit
Nvidia 335,23 Driver

My problem is i cannot install HyperSli 1.0. There are question marks everywhere in installation prozess.

Imho I have disabled UAV and Anit Virus Software....

How to install HyperSli ?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Don't bother with hypersli anymore, it hasen't been updated in a long time, and the latest drivers it supports are very old, the current nvidia drivers are 347.52, get differentsli here:

https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases

get the 1.3 release, be sure to read my earlier post for instructions or read the readme in the zip before installation. also re-run the hypersli installer and uninstall hypersli before
installing differentsli, turn off your antivirus temporarily while running differentsli, once your done installing video drivers and everything, you can turn your antivirus
back on. after you uninstall hypersli, be sure and reboot before doing anything else.

Tomcatciller

Thx very much for reply. I want to stay at "HyperSli" because imho "differentsli" dont support Hardware Mode and use the CPU to make Sli possible. So I would lose CPU Power on my allready CPU weak system.

If "differentsli" would support a "Hardware Mode" without Software und CPU usage I will switch to "differentsli", but imho atm this software cannot do this.

Btw. Hypersli is working now. I seems so HyperSli 1.0 is only for Win 8 and HyperSli 0.96 is for Win 7.

I will benchmark HyperSli 0.96 with 335.23 vs DifferentSli 1.3 with newest Driver. It will show what I mean or prove me wrong. But the user "IMweasel" made that comparision and showed the disadvantages of differentsli:

I did a comparison session to determine if it was worth it to upgrade to the latest v344 Nvidia graphics driver and use DifferentSLI 1.1, or instead stick to v335 and HyperSLI 1.0.
The hardware vitualization mode of HyperSLI proves to outperform it's software mode in any benchmark, and also DifferentSLI which performs in software mode as well.
I tested this with 2x Asus GTX660DC2T
Results:

DifferentSLI with Nvidia driver v344 - HyperSLI with Nvidia driver v335/software - HyperSLI with Nvidia driver v335/hardware

3Dmark 1.3.708

Fire Strike 6999 7265 7597
Sky Diver 18937 19806 20937
Cloud Gate 20646 18272 20691
Ice Storm 73066 103202 118342
Conclusion:
Considerations on which combination to use are really a personal thing here.
Different hardware setups could yield very different results.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Ok, glad you got it going! You should use what your most comfortable with...

KneeArrow

thank a lot,anatolymik,my alienware m17x r2 have work fine with 670mx sli~~~
thanks for develop the HyperSLI & Different SLI Auto:):):)

hi anatolymik, Thanks again , i found run farcry 3 &Tomb Raider could cause blue screen,i use the Debugging Tools for Windows(x86)find ntoskrnp.exe cause the issue(maybe not)
does anyone else have the same issue?:confused::confused: i use hypersli 1.0 and 347.52 driver
do you have any way to fix that ?:):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeArrow

Ok, glad you got it going! You should use what your most comfortable with...
Hello,jbailey8, i found run farcry 3 &Tomb Raider could cause blue screen,Diablo III BioShock Infinite and other games are fine
do you have the same issue?:confused::confused: i use hypersli 1.0 and 347.52 driver
do you have any way to fix that ?:):):):)

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
How are you running hypersli with later video drivers? I had to stop using that program and go with differentsli because if I installed anything past 335,23 hypersli stopped working for me.
Have you tried differentsli? but to answer your question, none of my games cause blue screens (usually) the last time I had that happen, I reinstalled my video drivers and that
seemed to fix it for me.

KneeArrow

How are you running hypersli with later video drivers? I had to stop using that program and go with differentsli because if I installed anything past 335,23 hypersli stopped working for me.
Have you tried differentsli? but to answer your question, none of my games cause blue screens (usually) the last time I had that happen, I reinstalled my video drivers and that
seemed to fix it for me.
1 enable intel virtualization technology
2 enable test mode
3 install hypersli 1.0
4 start windows 7 x64 hypersli
5 install 347.52 driver
6 copy nvlddmkm.sys to the differentsliauto1.3 folder
7 run the differentsliauto1.3, click patch,run install.cmd
8 restart the computer,go to nvidia control panel and open the "sli/phyx" window,click on "maximize performance", reboot
should i change the driver or try the hypersli 0.96??

Last edited:
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
If I understand your post properly, your running both hypersli AND differentsli at the same time, you can only run 1 of these programs, not both, re-run the hypersli installer and uninstall hypersli and then run only
differentsli, that's probably what's causing your bluescreen issue.

KneeArrow

If I understand your post properly, your running both hypersli AND differentsli at the same time, you can only run 1 of these programs, not both, re-run the hypersli installer and uninstall hypersli and then run only
differentsli, that's probably what's causing your bluescreen issue.
thank you,the issues are fixed

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Glad you got things running!

System Name Sweet Dreams
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Intel DP67DE B3
Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO
Memory 2x Kingston 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) Zotac GeForce GTX 970
Storage Corsair Force GS 128GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Display(s) Samsung TV Monitor T22C310 + Samsung SyncMaster B2030N
Case Thermaltake Commander MS-I Black
Audio Device(s) Durabrand VS-214
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse CoolerMaster Storm Recon White
Keyboard Aerocool Templarius Arma
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5029427&postcount=880
Still working with actual drivers? It works on a x4 lane?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'm not sure I understand your post, differentsli works properly with current nvidia drivers. How fast your pci lanes are probably wouldn't matter, mine are x16, but when I put 2 video boards in, they dropped to x8.

System Name Sweet Dreams
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Intel DP67DE B3
Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO
Memory 2x Kingston 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) Zotac GeForce GTX 970
Storage Corsair Force GS 128GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Display(s) Samsung TV Monitor T22C310 + Samsung SyncMaster B2030N
Case Thermaltake Commander MS-I Black
Audio Device(s) Durabrand VS-214
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse CoolerMaster Storm Recon White
Keyboard Aerocool Templarius Arma
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5029427&postcount=880
I'm not sure I understand your post, differentsli works properly with current nvidia drivers. How fast your pci lanes are probably wouldn't matter, mine are x16, but when I put 2 video boards in, they dropped to x8.

I see people saying nVidia only supports SLI in x8 lanes or better. :~

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I've never heard of that, in my opinion, the best thing to do is run differentsli with the current nvidia drivers and see what happens, the worst (probably) that will happen is you will only run on 1 video board even if you have
2 installed, if that happens, then you will have to upgrade your motherboard probably.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I found this on nvidias' site:

SLI MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System
> Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
> Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit

Motherboard
> An SLI motherboard is required for all SLI configurations. NVIDIA recommends a PCI-E 2.0 x16 motherboard for the best performance. Please make sure you have updated your motherboard SBIOS to the latest version.

> Dual-GPU graphics cards such as GeForce GTX TITAN Z cards do not require an SLI motherboard and work on all compatible motherboards.

System Memory
> 2GB is required (4GB is recommended for 64-bit operating systems).

------------------

It doesn't say anything about X4 lanes not working, just higher speed lanes for best performance.

lostmic

I found this on nvidias' site:

SLI MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System
> Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
> Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit

Motherboard
> An SLI motherboard is required for all SLI configurations. NVIDIA recommends a PCI-E 2.0 x16 motherboard for the best performance. Please make sure you have updated your motherboard SBIOS to the latest version.

> Dual-GPU graphics cards such as GeForce GTX TITAN Z cards do not require an SLI motherboard and work on all compatible motherboards.

System Memory
> 2GB is required (4GB is recommended for 64-bit operating systems).

------------------

It doesn't say anything about X4 lanes not working, just higher speed lanes for best performance.

lostmic

So I first wanted to say thank you for allowing this to be possible. I tried to install using the first method using Different SLI and it kept blue screening on me, after I got it to stop doing the blue screen loop that I was in. I saw hyper SLI, I tried that and it installed correctly I think. But the question is now is how do I know that it's working? At least with the different SLI set up I was able to go into the Nvidia control panel in see that it was an SLI mode right before a blue screen, now I just have a blue box at the bottom right corner of my screen and I'm not sure how to check to see if it's an SLI mode with my 480 and 580 GTX, can you please help me to know that it is working thanks.

Last edited:
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Hyper sli doesn't support current video drivers, that's why it isn't working, re-run the hypersli installer and uninstall it, if you had hypersli installed when you tried different sli, that's probably what was causing
your blue screen, re-install different sli and follow the instructions, it's working perfectly for me with current video drivers, you will know it's working when you can go to your nvidia control panel and activate
sli mode with no issues showing up, if your running windows 7, you should see in the lower right-hand corner of your desktop the words 'test build windows 7'.

Willyiv

Hey guys, posted this elsewhere so i'm also trying in this thread...
Ok, finally bowing my head in temporary defeat and asking for help... I had everything running flawlessly until I decided to update my gfx card drivers as I picked up GTAV yesterday. I had DifferentSLI working great with 347.88 drivers.
I have 2 EVGA 6600TI. The cards are identical, everything matches.
My motherboard is the 890FXA-GD70. Crossfire board I know but Different SLI worked like a charm initially. So I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers via the control panel. Rebooted in safe mode and used Display Driver Uninstaller. (In safe mode.) I used Regedit to delete the relevant keys as mentioned in the related post on here. I used Ccleaners registry check to delete and fix any errors. Then I installed (clean install) both the 347.88 and the 350.12 drivers and did everything mentioned above between each install so zero left over files could have caused the install to fail.
In a nut shell, I've followed the readme, and any posts on here that pertain to my situation to a T and i'm having no success installing and activating SLI with Different SLI.
The DifferentSLI patcher crashes and says could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #1,2,3,4 etc.
I have test mode On. At this point i'm literally repeating all the aforementioned steps in the hopes my futile attempts suddenly yeald success lol.
Thanks in advance guys.

Also just physically uninstalled and swapped cards in slots, swapped sli bridge to other tab. Fresh driver install 350.12, DifSLI 1.3, all fresh and clean, no residual files and the patcher still crashes and says cant find patch 4 blah blah blah. I don't get it.
Just found a dl link to DifSLI 1.1 and 1.2. Tried fresh installs with both of them, following the same uninstallation/cleaning methods as before and still no dice. I can't figure out what has changed in my system to cause DiffernetSLI to suddenly stop working besiders the installation of the new 350.12 drivers. Interestingly if I go back to the previous drivers 347.88 which had DifferentSLI running perfectly now won't work either. 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 all crash during the patch process. The install.cmd still completes sucessfully with all 3 versions but on reboot with everything set appropriately SLI is still not an option in the Nvidia control panel. I don't know if i'm missing something really simple but at this point i'm stumped. I'm 99.999% sure i've done everything right (basically did everything as I did originally when I got it to work). I'm on the verge of trying to return both 660s and swap for a single card. I love SLI, I've had 6800gtx sli, 8800gtx sli and GTX295 and never had any issues. This is the first time. I know It's not an SLI MB but for 5 days I was playing with it enabled and it worked like a charm. Saw significant frame rate increases and things ran very smoothly for 5/6 days until I upgraded to the new drivers so I know it has the potential to be awesome...

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'm running differentsli 1.3, you can get the source code on github, I've successfully patched the current video drivers (350.12 I think), and I have sli available in the nvidia control panel, you can
go here:

https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases

download the 1.3 zip, follow the instructions as before and patch the current video drivers and then run the install.cmd.

Willyiv

Thanks for the reply jbailey8. So I downloaded 1.3 again, uninstalled the nvidia drivers. Ran displaydriveruninstaller in safe mode, ran Ccleaners registry cleaner, removed all residual registry entries of DifferentSLI with regedit. Did a clean install of 350.12 then tried the patch and i'm still getting the crash and "could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #1,2,3,4". I don't understand why it was working before and now it literally won't work no matter what I do. Even if I go back to the previous driver release which worked fine, it won't patch and crashes. I've tried 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 multiple times with no success.