• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help!!My HD7950 got a bad bios update

swordiel

i flash my hd7950 with atiflash, the original bios version is higher,and i flash an lower version bios, after restart my computer, the computer self-check cant pass and the monitor is always black, i find another video card and start the system, no matter ATIWINFLASH in windows or ATIFLASH in dos, the system cant organize the video card and display ADAPTER NOT FOUND ERROR:0FL01 how could i do ,please~~~

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
System Name H2o Box
Processor Intel(R) Xeon e5-2690 v2 Stock 3.300 GHz stock
Motherboard MSI X79A-G43 Plus (MS-7760) v3
Cooling CPU EK & Phobya G-Changer 360 V2.0 RAD H2o VGA "AlphaCool M18" Hybrid [pump replaced 18/8/21]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 16Gb 11-12-12-32 2T @ 1866Mhz [locked]
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP EXTREME
Storage HyperX Fury 120GB & Savage 480GB SSD, Seagate 250GB,250GB 7200rpm Kingston 64GB SSD
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG32VQR 2560*1440 165Hz VA Panel
Case Corsair O-800D
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Be Quiet! [Dark Power Pro 11] 1200W CM replaced [7-4-2017]
Mouse Zelotes T-90
Keyboard K66 Mechanical US Layout
Software Win 10 Pro 64Bit v 20H2 / OS [build 19043.1237] WFEP 120.2212.3530.0
Hi

Welcome to TPU

What were attempting to do?

That was silly; lets see if we can fix that go here read guide by @bngchucky see if this works [**if this dose not work]

**go here fill in full system specs manufactures Make, Model Numbers and OS [reply to post]

atb

Law-II

System Name Some computer stuff
Processor Mostly Intel or AMD
Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Storage Plenty Platters or SSDs or USBs
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Audio Device(s) There's one for my M7 Gene, Oh I have 3-4 PCI 5.1 ones.Sabrent! lol
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Keyboard Used ps2 from garage sales
Software Yeah
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/schmuckley/#Hardware_Library http://valid.canardpc.com/rbjpbg
There should be a little switch on the power-plug side of your card.

swordiel

Hi

Welcome to TPU

What were attempting to do?

That was silly; lets see if we can fix that go here read guide by @bngchucky see if this works [**if this dose not work]

**go here fill in full system specs manufactures Make, Model Numbers and OS [reply to post]

atb

Law-II
thank you and i have tried the way in the page you give me, i have send it to the seller, they may have some solution or replace the bios chip

i just want get a 900mhz->925mhz advance and i failed......i have send it to the seller,hope them can fix it, may be they have some tools to reflash the bios

Hello Swordiel, Nooooo. Please please please dont update your bios without contacting us first. Unfortunately, flashing or modifying your bios will void your warranty. There was never a bios update for the 7900 series as it wasn't needed and a UEFI bios was never released. Fortunately, i should be able to find the original bios and you can flash it back. That should resolve the issue.

Non-reference cards should never be flashed unless specifically notified by the manufacturer. Please PM me the serial # and ill start digging around.

XFX Support

Thanks

Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Audio Device(s) There's one for my M7 Gene, Oh I have 3-4 PCI 5.1 ones.Sabrent! lol
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Software Yeah
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/schmuckley/#Hardware_Library http://valid.canardpc.com/rbjpbg

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
If you PM him the serial number,Your warranty will definitely be voided.
I would try a blind flash with this: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/137984/xfx-hd7950-3072-120927.html
Maybe you can use a diff GPU or onboard graphics to do it.
Oh common man, do you think xfx troll sites just to get serial numbers to void a warranty? Those guys have better things to do then be dough bags!

XFX is asking so he may help a fellow out and not go ahh haa busted ya ya little prick lmao!

These guys have the tools to help resolve problems, I'd know, I had issues back a few years ago and xfx were awesome to deal with.

At the OP, send him the number so he can identity the exact card and pull the proper bios up and they'll send it to you with detailed instructions on how to fix the bad flash ;)

PS, they only void if the card has a different bios/ a bricked card. They won't void the card if it has the proper bios installed, the xfx rep is offering help that's all.. Thanks xfx dude!

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<

WTF

Hello Swordiel, Nooooo. Please please please dont update your bios without contacting us first. Unfortunately, flashing or modifying your bios will void your warranty. There was never a bios update for the 7900 series as it wasn't needed and a UEFI bios was never released. Fortunately, i should be able to find the original bios and you can flash it back. That should resolve the issue.

Non-reference cards should never be flashed unless specifically notified by the manufacturer. Please PM me the serial # and ill start digging around.

Thats the XFS support Rep
do you think he is offering support without some sort of official Background

I DON'T THINK SO

XFX is asking so he may help a fellow out and not go ahh haa busted ya ya little prick lmao!

These guys have the tools to help resolve problems, I'd know, I had issues back a few years ago and xfx were awesome to deal with.

Good for ya

Yeah, for the record, I've only had to void a warranty once (over 15,000 RMA's through the door)... it was a batch of 7950s that had been flashed to 7970 low power states/max efficiency settings and mined on for over a year. Luckily i was able to repair all but 1 of the faulty cards by flashing them back or replacing fans and thermal paste. The person was getting ready to sell them after his mining operation went down and realized they weren't stable on normal 3d benchmarks. go figure.

Anyway, If i can get the original bios for your serial #, it may solve all your issues, if not, flash it back to the original and if its still faulty, we can RMA it. Let me know

-Mark
XFX Support

swordiel

inh
Yeah, for the record, I've only had to void a warranty once (over 15,000 RMA's through the door)... it was a batch of 7950s that had been flashed to 7970 low power states/max efficiency settings and mined on for over a year. Luckily i was able to repair all but 1 of the faulty cards by flashing them back or replacing fans and thermal paste. The person was getting ready to sell them after his mining operation went down and realized they weren't stable on normal 3d benchmarks. go figure.

Anyway, If i can get the original bios for your serial #, it may solve all your issues, if not, flash it back to the original and if its still faulty, we can RMA it. Let me know

-Mark
XFX Support[/QUOTE

-Mark
XFX Support
I backup the bios before I flash it but arid lash doesn't work so no matter how much bios file i couldn't make the flash work. in all thank you for your help I'm waiting for the seller 's response

swordiel

yes
I would try a blind flash with this: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/137984/xfx-hd7950-3072-120927.html
Maybe you can use a diff GPU or onboard graphics to do it.[/QUOTE
yes thank you for your supply,I backup my bios before my card broken but atiflash doesn't work even I have diff gpu so let the seller deal it ,I ask him and he said he can made it

Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Software Yeah
Warranty is voided,Let me know if you would like to find a GPU you can use..I'll provide it to you @ cost..on the house.
Sometimes people don't care about making a profit;It's about taking care of people.
PS:Fuck XFX..yes they are as good as Dell for the warranty.. and they gimp the OCing on the hardware level on purpose.. :twitch:
No CHiL...some bs they put on there
XFX=The Dell of GPUs..Know that for next time.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Feel Better now that you had your little rant

-Mark
XFX Support

Warranty is voided,Let me know if you would like to find a GPU you can use..I'll provide it to you @ cost..on the house.
Sometimes people don't care about making a profit;It's about taking care of people.
PS:Fuck XFX..yes they are as good as Dell for the warranty.. and they gimp the OCing on the hardware level on purpose.. :twitch:
No CHiL...some bs they put on there
XFX=The Dell of GPUs..Know that for next time.

Mondays...

I am not here to sell XFX, promote XFX or discuss most XFX related business, i'm here to offer support. I spend a lot of time actively reaching out to the community trying find XFX related issues that i can help with. Ultimately, this means I shouldn't defend or comment on opinions regarding XFX, just provide support for those in need.

With that being said, Schmuckley, I'm sorry you had issues in the past. If you are having any issues with your warranty or have had an issue with your warranty in the past, please PM me and I will gladly take a look to see if i can help resolve it.

Thank you

XFX Support