• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

xfx r9 290 no signal problem

donohue100

The power cable came loose on the TV and now the card won't output any signal. The GPU appears to still be alive as I booted with another card and can run stress tests on it and the card installs. Help. Power surge via HDMI?

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Any Display Output on DVI ? or other display outputs ?

donohue100

Any Display Output on DVI ? or other display outputs ?
No output on either DVI or HDMI, tried new monitor, new cable, different PCI-E socket, an old VGA card works fine. I have had the power cable come out of many monitors over the years with no damage. I can view the cards specs in GPU Z, are there any other tools I could use to throttle the card up. I used Sandra to run some benchmark tests on the card and the fans throttled up in response to the heat generated.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
what is odd is that the card will produce a hash rate in a coin mining program, so the GPU is functional.

All that indicates is that the card has Signal output problems again i refer you to above post
Graphics Card Still under warrenty ?
Contact @XFXSupport

donohue100

All that indicates is that the card has Signal output problems again i refer you to above post
Graphics Card Still under warrenty ?
Contact @XFXSupport
thanks, I have contacted the person you linked too. The card is under 6 months old and as I have fit a non stock cooler I will see what is said when I RMA it. During my house move I have lost the box and a single screw that goes on the stock heatsink. If I have to bite the bullet and get another I could possibly crossfire the one with the dead signal output or sell it as a mining card.

Thanks for bothering to help and putting me in touch with the other guy,

Paul.

Tony-B

I had this issue with an XFX 290 from scan earlier this year and had to RMA the card. Everything has been fine since.

My circumstances were a little different though. The PC couldn't even detect the fact that the card was there at all.