• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cdn hosting or not?

Hi guys the question is the next. I just launched a new website. The website is built on Wordpress and we have made every effort to make it load faster. I have enabled the right caching and reduced the file size.
Still, some similar sites have lower load times. Is a CDN a good answer? I've read articles demonstrating that cdn decreased a websites rankings. Even found this one to try. Is there a better CDN to use?

Thank you in advance.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
The two biggest ones I know of are Amazon AWS and Akamai. Amazon is probably the better option for small websites.

What helps the most is inlaying small images in websites and linking them to the full image. Using the size parameters in CSS/HTML scales the image down for displaying but the entire image still has to be downloaded to show it so it doesn't improve performance.

Additionally, picking the lossless (PNG) and lossy (JPG) formats for the content also really helps. Lossless is great for images that have large areas of solid colors where lossy is better for everything else.

Beware of JavaScript. It can not only slow a website loading, it can halt it entirely. Only use JavaScript where absolutely necessary.