• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Fiji XT Pictured Some More

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard MSI MPG Z790I Edge WiFi Gaming
Cooling be quiet! Pure Loop 240mm
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 (G95SC)
Case LANCOOL 205M MESH Snow
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on schitt Modi+ & Valhalla 2
Power Supply ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L 1000W
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Worse comparison made of all time.

Why exactly? Im curious because at the moment only flag ship cards costing several hundred dollars a piece in multi GPU configurations can sustain the FPS necessary to play most popular games at high detail levels. This makes it impractical for the norm not to mention it simply hasn't been pushed hard enough to be much more than a novelty item for the market. Likewise while current GPUS including flag ships have DP outputs most of these connections coincide with the high resolution high Hz monitors they would "look best on". However Monitors in even high price segments are still made with even VGA which as outdated as it is is still used in the majority of affordable monitors and TVs. DVI didn't even manage to take its crown.

I would like your input on why exactly 4k gaming and DP only GPUs are not only somehow superior for all intensive purposes in today's saturated 1080p market but also why you might think the market is full enough of these products to warrent such a change from DVI?

I will ask @EarthDog as well. Reviewing aside of course. I did that as well and consumerism and elitism are very different things.

System Name Games/internet/usage
Processor I7 5820k 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS X99-A2
Cooling custom water loop for cpu and gpu
Memory 16GiB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) Radeon Rx 6800 XT
Storage Samsung XP941 500 GB + 1 TB SSD
Display(s) Dell 3008WFP
Case Caselabs Magnum M8
Audio Device(s) Shiit Modi 2 Uber -> Matrix m-stage -> HD650
Power Supply beQuiet dark power pro 1200W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Win 10 Pro
I still use DVI on my monitors they are 22" IPS displays. Both of which are still over $100 a piece. I don't use VGA anymore but I also see DP as the 4k of gaming. rather gimmicky. I see both sides of the fence but I would have to say DVI stands somewhere in between and should at least still be included. even if its with 1 header.
The signal from an HDMI plug is identical to a DVI-D single link signal, it will come with a HDMI to DVI_D converter in the box. A Display Port can also run in legacy mode, outputting a single link DIV-D or HDMI picture.

I would like your input on why exactly 4k gaming and DP only GPUs are not only somehow superior for all intensive purposes in today's saturated 1080p market but also why you might think the market is full enough of these products to warrent such a change from DVI?

DP ha a better plug than DVI, VGA or HDMI, the packet based signaling allows for greater flexibility in the display output (see freesync/G-sync) and also allows for multi-stream transport and it being used in USB-C connectors.

In short; Display Port is life , Display Port is Love.

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Why exactly? Im curious because at the moment only flag ship cards costing several hundred dollars a piece in multi GPU configurations can sustain the FPS necessary to play most popular games at high detail levels. This makes it impractical for the norm not to mention it simply hasn't been pushed hard enough to be much more than a novelty item for the market. Likewise while current GPUS including flag ships have DP outputs most of these connections coincide with the high resolution high Hz monitors they would "look best on". However Monitors in even high price segments are still made with even VGA which as outdated as it is is still used in the majority of affordable monitors and TVs. DVI didn't even manage to take its crown.

I will ask @EarthDog as well. Reviewing aside of course. I did that as well and consumerism and elitism are very different things.
4K is not a gimmick. There is nothing 'gimmicky' about the resolution or what it offers over 1080p.

DP is also not a gimmick. It works, its not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. It has a smaller plug footprint (MEH) and see the post above.

Now, you are talking about how much it costs to run these high res monitors and such and trying to parlay that into support for your point of those technologies being gimmicks, but, it doesn't work that way. Is there a NEED for it at lower resolutions, no, there isn't. But to say it is a gimmick, like there isn't a need or some positives for using it, I feel you chose the wrong descriptor (or perhaps I am taking it too literally).

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX 1.1
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Memory 2x 32GB Fury DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) 2x Dell U2412M
Case Phanteks P400A
Audio Device(s) Hifimediy Sabre 9018 USB DAC
Power Supply Corsair AX850 (from 2012)
Software Windows 10?
its metallic, so basicly reflections, the DICE picture is from a light swedish office building, the newest one in this article seem to be from inside a dark place :p
Why the shell color is black ?
Other photos are grey color...

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Case Phanteks P400A
Software Windows 10?
You do know there is such things as HDMI to DVI or DisplayPort to DVI adapters right? Good bet that the card will come with one of those...
yeah, why do people want DVI, its ANCIENT, even HD 5870 included DP to DVI/HDMI adapters

DisplayPort supports 8k@30fps, FreeSync, Daisy chaining , MST Hubs, DVI/HDMI Active Adapters and has smaller cables and everything

DisplayPort is the computer standard, HDMI is the entertainment standard

i surly hope the DP on the new fuji card is DP 1.3, that would be sweet

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
yeah, why do people want DVI, its ANCIENT

Well, because my monitor, which I totally am satisfied with is a DVI connection. Not all people have the money to go buy a new high-quality monitor just because arbitrary industry monitor connections change.

Well, because my monitor, which I totally am satisfied with is a DVI connection. Not all people have the money to go buy a new high-quality monitor just because arbitrary industry monitor connections change.

You can connect a HDMI to DVI adapter to the GPU's HDMI port, it will probably come with one just like previous cards came with DVI-VGA adapters after VGA became very dated.

A DVI port/cable is essentially (but not literally) a VGA and HDMI port/cable in one, once AMD dropped the VGA support with the 290X it was basically just a massive HDMI port so was wasting space, people may be sad to see it go but it first appeared on cards in the 20th century, this is 2015, let it go.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5900X
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Case Phanteks P400A
Software Windows 10?
You can connect a HDMI to DVI adapter to the GPU's HDMI port, it will probably come with one just like previous cards came with DVI-VGA adapters after VGA became very dated.

A DVI port/cable is essentially (but not literally) a VGA and HDMI port/cable in one, once AMD dropped the VGA support with the 290X it was basically just a massive HDMI port so was wasting space, people may be sad to see it go but it first appeared on cards in the 20th century, this is 2015, let it go.
yeah, i remember my 3870,4870 had a pair of HDMI>DVI adapters... and 5870 had DP>DVI or HDMI