• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

rspkers

Doesn't seem like anyone is getting any questions answered anymore but I'll try anyway.

I want to run 3x gtx 580s on 8x/8x/4x Z77 board with Ivy bridge CPU. Ofc, it only detects 2 gpus and forces the 3rd to be physx. I run it on Win 7 64 bit.

I got it to run 3 way SLI, but instead of getting an increase in performance, I got a MASSIVE decrease.... 20 fps in games that I normally get about 100fps in. What's going on here? I looked at my pci busses and for some reason one of them is listing as pci e 2.0 x1 instead of x4. How do I force them all to run proper? Need some help. :(

Last edited:
Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 660 ti SLI
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Case Corsair Vengeance C70
Audio Device(s) Audigy RX 7.1
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Mad Katz STRIKE 3
Software Windows 8.1
Edit: Fixed, uninstalled then re-installed default drivers, also for some reason I needed to reinstall the cert for the install.bat

Code:
[CODE][I] : Welcome to DifferentSLI Patcher v1.3 by Ember 2k15!
[I] : Press "Patch!" to patch your driver.
[E] : Could not find patch #1. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[E] : Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[I] : Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #1
[I] : Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #2
[I] : Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #3
[I] : Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #4
[E] : Could not find patch #4 at all. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[C] : Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found.
[/CODE]

I don't know why, but when I try to patch nvlddmkm.sys I get this, so I am just posting this for advice and because it says to.

Last edited:

seithan

Can anyone reply with assurance if the 980 is compatible with 970 to SLI them?

Jeffrey

Hey,

I just upgraded my wifes computer, I figured I would take the other GTX260 that we had left over and run SLI in my Computer. The enable SLI is not showing in the control panel. I have changed the cards around. I have tried the bridge forwards, back words, and on either finger on the cards.

I have also removed the cards from the device manager and allowed windows to reinstall them. They always come up as successful and ready to use. I have installed the Drivers multiple times. I updated the BIOS to the newest version, The bios is showing both cards at 8x. Can't really install it incorrectly in this board there are only 2 slots.

Here are the cards I am trying to set up SLI.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Motherboard: Intel DP45SG

The voltage changes all the time on the one being used. The one that is sitting idle never changes unless I plug the monitor into it.

Here is what my control panel looks like.

know it is an old system I think I built it back in 2006 but hey have to work with what you have.

I was told about DifferenSLIAuto Yet i can't get it to work. I am getting this.
Autosli.jpg

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
Hey,

I just upgraded my wifes computer, I figured I would take the other GTX260 that we had left over and run SLI in my Computer. The enable SLI is not showing in the control panel. I have changed the cards around. I have tried the bridge forwards, back words, and on either finger on the cards.

I have also removed the cards from the device manager and allowed windows to reinstall them. They always come up as successful and ready to use. I have installed the Drivers multiple times. I updated the BIOS to the newest version, The bios is showing both cards at 8x. Can't really install it incorrectly in this board there are only 2 slots.

Here are the cards I am trying to set up SLI.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Motherboard: Intel DP45SG

The voltage changes all the time on the one being used. The one that is sitting idle never changes unless I plug the monitor into it.

Here is what my control panel looks like.

know it is an old system I think I built it back in 2006 but hey have to work with what you have.

I was told about DifferenSLIAuto Yet i can't get it to work. I am getting this.
View attachment 65391
Hi Jeffrey,
The fix should be really simple, it looks like you forgot to copy the nvlddmkm.sys into your folder. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ then find the file named nvlddmkm.sys and right click and copy it into the folder where you extracted different sli, it is important that you only copy and not move it. Once done click on DifferentSLIAuto.exe then patch. Ensure that UAC is disabled on you computer (requires a restart when done) then double click install.bat. (To disable UAC go to control panel, then search UAC) The .bat should complete and the number next to errors must be zero or else something went wrong. If it is then it worked and you can restart and enable sli upon next boot-up assuming the sli bridge is in.

If you want a better explanation the read the readme.md that is in the zipped folder. Click on it and open with word pad or note pad. Also the first post on this forum has an explanation too.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

cmoneytheman

dont work no more when i had the 1.2 sli driver it worked this one dont i followed the same steps as with that version but this new one deleted the whole nvidia driver for some strange reason can somebody reupload that older ver 1.2 sense that one works

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
dont work no more when i had the 1.2 sli driver it worked this one dont i followed the same steps as with that version but this new one deleted the whole nvidia driver for some strange reason can somebody reupload that older ver 1.2 sense that one works

That happened to me too, you need to fully uninstall your video driver with a graphics uninstaller program, then reinstall it and delete the old certificates (there are two) for different sli

cmoneytheman

i deleted em looked seen another post that said to delete the registry keys to but i couldnt find any so i tried installing it agian and the patch did the same thing test mode enabled to

Last edited:
Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
i deleted em looked seen another post that said to delete the registry keys to but i couldnt find any so i tried installing it agian and the patch did the same thing test mode enabled to

Try rolling back your drivers to one that worked (if any). I have dual 660 tí sli which worked on The GTA driver, then I tried to install sli on that version. Once it worked I tried updating the drivers again, deleting the certs and it worked.

Can you post a screen shot of the output from the bat file and the patching of the nvlddmkm.sys if what I said above doesn't work or if you don't want to go through the effort of doing that. Also when updating or re-installing drivers, always restart the pc and re-copy the nvlddmkm.sys

Last edited:

cmoneytheman

its workin now thanks but its not usin both like 1.2 did i clicked show sli and its not doing showin so it must not be using both

Last edited:
Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
its workin now thanks but its not usin both like 1.2 did i clicked show sli and its not doing showin so it must not be using both

What do you mean exactly if it isn't using both then it didn't work. Unless you did not enable sli /maximum performance

cmoneytheman

i told u before when it used to only be 1.2 of this it worked it showed it with the sli indicator thats how i know both working with this one it dont show that i click it but when i close the window its unchecked i dont really kno why its doin this i dont understand

Last edited:
Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
i told u before when it used to only be 1.2 of this it worked it showed it with the sli indicator thats how i know both working with this one it dont show that i click it but when i close the window its unchecked i dont really kno why its doin this i dont understand
Can you post a screen shot please

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
wha u want me to show u
Never mind I reread you post, are you clicking apply after enabling it, also try running the control panel in administrator

cmoneytheman

for the indicator u dont have to click apply its at the top its just should stay checked but it dont and i tried to run as admin didnt make a diff

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
for the indicator u dont have to click apply its at the top its just should stay checked but it dont and i tried to run as admin didnt make a diff

Can you screen shot the window because when I enable sli, I have to hit apply in the bottom right corner

This is an example picture from online and is outdated so it may look different, but you see once enabling sli (now sometimes maximum performance) you need to click apply

Last edited:

cmoneytheman

i got it workin !!! thats pretty good man thats my ver of sayin thanks im diff thats all it didnt work with the gta driver for some reason but until i updated to the driver we all use who have 970 and 80 it started workin both my cards working agian and it shows the indicator

Last edited:
Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
i got it workin !!! thats pretty good man thats my ver of sayin thanks im diff thats all it didnt work with the gta driver for some reason but until i updated to the driver we all use who have 970 and 80 it started workin both my cards working agian and it shows the indicator
Cool

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
They are the same GPU's..... not different?