• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Does Trust its CPUs After all, to Offer Intel on Project Quantum as Options

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
the biggest question is... will AMD CPU bottleneck with dual fiji ??? that was simple question for buyer right now... :confused:

with directX 12, probably not. DX12 should change a lot of things.

I posted a link to this thread in the last discussion for that exact purpose.
:laugh: good one, because visitors from search engines will read comments? some just read the search result & dont actually click

the title of the old page should change, including the SEO

while i'm rambling, why do people keep saying powerful/multi gpus are a waste on 1080p!? some people (not me yet) are trying to do 120fps... double 60 means double demanding, 4k means double 1080, both of them need the exact same extra power from the gpu, while 120fps is going to run into cpu limits A LOT, especially on amd at the moment... now we also have incoming VR, welcome to the high fps needing a powerful gpu even though it's not 4k club

& another thing, how is 30fps single gpu not 4k capable!? that's FINE considering many benchmarks are still using high or max settings at those numbers, this is coming from someone who wants locked 60fps including minimums... but we're not there yet so who cares, you're also free to get a second card for those games that actually scale, or just be patient like a sane person & go through your backlog of older games... there is nothing wrong with amd putting it on the boxes (besides, you cant do that on dvi, so the boxes have a dual meaning with display outputs + performance)

i read a nice quote a few hours ago:

In all honesty, how many readers get heated up when a 2015 or 2016 model is changed when compared to the original one launched in 2013, for example? If we were talking about cars, nobody gives a d*** if a car manufacturer did not change the complete car 12 months after the launch. For example, my 2013 Cadillac ATS actually fares better than a 2015 Coupe version of the said car, since they reduced the size of rear-view mirrors to a ‘here they are’, rather than a usable mandatory safety feature. What to say about 2014 Tesla Model S, which had an August 10th switchover between “your car can drive automatically or not”, or this year’s “from April 2015, Model S has Tegra 4 and supports 4G LTE,” and before that – you’re SOL. Where are droves of negative comments that a lot of car manufacturers openly lied about its cars to useless organization called NHTSA, which ultimately led to deaths of hundreds of people, rather than running a few framerates more?
seriously, we gotta stop being so worked up about the luxury of games, it's a distraction from actual nasty companies & problems of the world... so many people act entitled, a few days ago i got downvoted on reddit for pointing out someone that suggested you pirate GTA5 cuz boohoo he had trouble launching the game for 2 weeks until they patched it EVEN THOUGH he had a workaround, like wtf, that's no excuse for a vendetta, there are families that live on the hard work that developers put in (yes i'm aware of the nonsense in batman's launch)

:laugh: good one, because visitors from search engines will read comments? some just read the search result & dont actually click

the title of the old page should change, including the SEO

I don't understand the implication here.

If it's the fact that a google search will lead to a false title, we've had that discussion. The author told the critics that he could wipe his butt with their opinions. I'm not holding out for any changes to the click-bait title.

If it's the fact that people are too lazy to read, then who cares? They won't be offering an opinion if they can't even be bothered to read more than the title.

If it's about TPU somehow having a huge sway on public opinion, really? There are websites that will say anything, repeat FUD endlessly, and we're somehow changing the world? You'll excuse me, but that sounds preposterous.

I may agree (you'll note my first comment here was asking if the title would change), but I'm realistic. The best you can do, without seeking personal rectification, is to demonstrate when people are in error. This is a forum, so the only way that can be done is to link to facts, and hope people will follow the logic. Arguing against this is only tiring me out, and eating each other is for SJWs. I'm just going to kick back and watch this crap burn itself out.

Agree. The reality is, at 4k (why else would you need 2 Fijis) there would be virtually no FPS difference between an 8350 and a 4790k (or 5960x).
This, pretty much. AMD could certainly use the profit made off of suckers

Because at 4K multi GPU is required, and that's where AMD are handicapped.

Firstly the drivers don't support command lists and even if they did dispatch time wouldn't be great.
Have u guys ever compared the difference in L3/L2 latency between a Vishera and an i7? Not really a competition.