• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Now knowing the performance of Fury X, what would you choose?

Now knowing the performance of Fury X, what would you choose?

• 980 Ti

Votes: 88 42.1%
  • Fury X

Votes: 41 19.6%

Votes: 7 3.3%

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • 390X

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 280X,280,270 960 and all other cards

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • potato, i am not buying anything!

Votes: 38 18.2%

• Total voters
System Name Desktop
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk D4
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 5x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Keyboard Deathstalker Pro
I love hearing all this back and forth from people that would never buy a GPU in this price range to begin with...... this arguing and fanboyism is pretty petty..... you like what you like and keep it at that. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you should flame them for it.... very few civil debates and discussions lately....

Also I see a lot of these keyboard engineers...... Most of you probably don't know how to read a spec sheet or really know what goes into making such products..... I mean you see a block diagram and some slides and soon all are experts.....

Both cards are engineering feats given that 28nm was not supposed to last this long... Kuddos to both sides for making the most with what they have.

I owned a 980Ti (reference) for a few weeks and now I have my Fury X, I would be pleased with both. I just am drawn more the to Fury X for aesthetics and noise. The card is audible... no whine, no noise, no anything. It is silent. I could hear the 980Ti's fan rev up from time to time but nothing crazy and that was with my headphones on. Even with them off you could tell the fan was on but nothing off putting.

Both cards are good and both are more than capable of playing whatever AAA titles are coming out this year and the years to come.... unless you really are looking for that 4K monitor but until they are 120hz/144hz, I will pass... I am spoiled by the high refresh rates I have now...

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I can't tell if you're trolling, or just too lazy to read the rest of it.
ng650.jpg

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
@kiddagoat ..completely off topic but possibly more interesting, is your avatar a Hubble pic or Chandra?

Oh my god, people still going on how R9-285 was released to replace R9-280X... No, no no no. No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Then why wasn't there any other silicon to replace R9-280, R9-270 and all the lower models? Why it never replaced the R9-290?

I mean c'mon people, am I the only one who has seen test cards with new tech being released during the time when old ones are very much actual and being sold? It really isn't the first time this happened...

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk D4
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 5x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Keyboard Deathstalker Pro
@CAPSLOCKSTUCK ...... I do not remember actually.... It has been my picture for awhile....

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I love hearing all this back and forth from people that would never buy a GPU in this price range to begin with...... this arguing and fanboyism is pretty petty..... you like what you like and keep it at that. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you should flame them for it.... very few civil debates and discussions lately....

Also I see a lot of these keyboard engineers...... Most of you probably don't know how to read a spec sheet or really know what goes into making such products..... I mean you see a block diagram and some slides and soon all are experts.....

Both cards are engineering feats given that 28nm was not supposed to last this long... Kuddos to both sides for making the most with what they have.

I owned a 980Ti (reference) for a few weeks and now I have my Fury X, I would be pleased with both. I just am drawn more the to Fury X for aesthetics and noise. The card is audible... no whine, no noise, no anything. It is silent. I could hear the 980Ti's fan rev up from time to time but nothing crazy and that was with my headphones on. Even with them off you could tell the fan was on but nothing off putting.

Both cards are good and both are more than capable of playing whatever AAA titles are coming out this year and the years to come.... unless you really are looking for that 4K monitor but until they are 120hz/144hz, I will pass... I am spoiled by the high refresh rates I have now...

Very well said!

Unfortunately it won't end the debate due to the title "What would you choose", which is completely subjective. I'm pretty sure the debate will continue from both sides.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
Actually, in 1080P in over half the benchmarks didn't the 980Ti and sometimes even the 980 beat it? So that's not a "destroyed everything." At least that's what I remember from W1zzard's benchmarks.
Destroyed everything=games thrown to it :cool:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard MSI B350 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Kingston FURY Beast, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Cerberus GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Advanced Edition
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB (M.2), Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB (SATA)
Display(s) 27" Ozone DSP27 Pro
Case Fractal Design Define S2
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR444
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12II-620 Evolution
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO SE
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Home x64
Oh my god, people still going on how R9-285 was released to replace R9-280X... No, no no no. No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Then why wasn't there any other silicon to replace R9-280, R9-270 and all the lower models? Why it never replaced the R9-290?
Tonga replaced everything Tahiti, that includes both R9 280X and R9 280. Pitcairn (R9 270) is still competitive and so replacing it hasn't been worth it. As for Hawaii, Tonga's not powerful enough and AMD probably didn't want to spend their limited R&D funds on designing a replacement when Hawaii can still compete with GTX 970/980 in raw performance.

I think it's fairly clear if you look at AMD's 300 series lineup. Pitcairn (R7 265) is still there as R7 370, Hawaii is still there as R9 390(X), but there's no Tahiti in R9 380 because at that spot they now have Tonga, which is cheaper to produce and performs almost as well with fewer resources.

I personally think that Tonga (R9 285) was both a technology experiment (it did contain actual improvements, at least the compression magic) and a replacement for Tahiti (R9 280(X)).

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
It is 2015, but 99,99% of games are still DX11, meaning you'll have all the bullshit. Things will only change with DX12...
I really do not understand what that means, as a response to my comment.. or was it actually a response?

That's all lovely but have u ever looked at AMD crossfire support . You have 290x CFX now, what did u have before. They never have 0Day support, would u like to see a list of release note known issues listing games without CFX support...?

Man just look at Batman....AMD usual fix....disable Crossfire. Same "fix" as always. They sound like broken record.

From the last ten years, I've had the following in two way setup : GTS 640, GTX 295, Radeon 4870, 4870x2, 6950s, 6970s, and even GTX 670 with hybrid SLI GTX 680.

No cards have day 0 support - at least not when you have to wait six months for a drive improvement (or accumulated improvement) to give you the performance it should have when it comes out. As I said before, this waiting on drivers is a sham and something that has to change about GPUs.

This isn't a multi GPU specific issue and certainly not limited to any brand.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
The 980 Ti is the better card, let's stop beating up on AMD and their partners and move on.

WelshJester

I ended up ordering a 980Ti, AMD seem to be marketing this card to 4K where it performs best, but imo performance isn't there to justify it and won't be for quite some time with single GPU setups. At that kind of resolution users will need to upgrade far more often to keep up with newer games.

Performance of the Fury seems quite decent at 1440p, still not up to 980Ti standard though, and falls behind even more @ 1080p.. And with prices as they are now it isn't much more expensive to get a good 980Ti over a Fury x.

I'm also not interested in dual cards or multiple GPU's until micro stuttering doesn't exist anymore, so until that happens i will always go for the best for the money single GPU.

Last edited:
I think the reason for Fury to suck at lower resolutions is the lack of ROP units. Can't explain it any other way. They did work on the bandwidth heavily, but they left ROP count the same where GTX 980Ti increased the ROP count significantly. Seeing how GTX 980Ti performs a lot better than GTX970/GTX980 in lower res, that can be the only explanation imo.

I still like Fury, but it really doesn't make all that much sense for my situation. I too would benefit more from getting a GTX 980 or GTX 980Ti. Hell, R9-390X seems like a better option even. That's why I'm wondering where will vanilla Fury fall in. That's really the last thing I'm waiting for. Hearing how the R9 Nano will be focused on efficiency over performance doesn't give me allt hat much hope for performance over my current card...

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Well with any aftermarket cooler the same could be said...However for starters Asus did a 0gb R9 390X cooler so its still possible (The idle power usage is the same across the board so its the same possibility as with the GTX 980ti) in the long run (At least maybe on the regular Fury, though I had not heard they were completely denying the Fury X from having other coolers as well).

We aren't talking about the 390X, the Fury X will not have aftermarket coolers, AMD has already said reference designs only.

To top that off 30db area is considered to be whisper quiet, so I doubt either of these cards are noticeable enough at idle in a case to be a real bother. Plus idle is only when your browsing the web or doing something of low intensity, load is where the noise is going to be since your gaming in which the cooler is still quieter than the EVGA card...

It definitely isn't whisper quiet, I've heard a Fury X in a case, I just built a system today with one. The rest of the PC is silent at idle, the pump is loud as fuck. Almost as bad as annoying coil whine. Except coil whine is usually covered up by fan noise under load. At idle, the noise is very noticeable. Not to mention when the card is under load you either have headphones on or the sound from the game coming from the speakers to cover up the sound of the computer. At idle that won't be the case a lot of the time. So I'd say quiet at idle is a lot more important than quiet at load. And besides, if we are going by your website, a 3db change is "barely perceptible". So, in other words, no difference.

Point is, the area where these cards sit at idle is already low enough to not bother anyone in a standard computer environment. 0db is really nice at idle and will be possible as well on a Fury card later on but the cards are already so quiet at idle in this day and age its pretty irrelevant.

Again, no it won't be possible on a Fury X card later on. And it definitely is audible when idle.

Additional ~3dB means double the loudness (mileage may vary depending on the frequency of the noise). I wouldn't say "barely perceptable"...

I think I know what I'll do now. Sleep with the devil. I've thrown my eyes on ASUS GTX 980 Strix OC and I think I'll just go and pick one next week. In my scenarios, it'll perform as good as the Fury X, cost less, since it's Strix it's also incredibly silent and well, it scored perfect 10.0 on TPU review.
I'm not a big fan of NVIDIA, but I have to admit it here, the most impressive is the performance/noise ratio. I know not many people really look at this, but I sleep in the same room as I have PC and noise is incredibly important. And with 30dB and load, it's very hard to beat.

It'll cost me 655€ which is a bit, but I'm not that mad at changing cards every year and I think I'll have plenty of headroom + proper DX12.1 support. So I guess it can justify it.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
THis time I'm switching to Nvidia 980Ti, sorry to leave u behind AMD

I've been on Radeon cards for several generations now, maybe it won't be bad to give NVIDIA a try again. Only reason why I'm not going with GTX 980Ti is because the reference ones are 720€ and with aftermarket coolers go for over 800€ and that's a bit ridiculous and they aren't even the ones I want. For 655€ I'll get an aftermarket OC-ed version of regular GTX 980 which I think is a decent value. Then we'll see with Pascal and Arctic Islands...

met

picked this up 2 weeks ago and i am beyond happy! haven't shut up about it! so you buy your "high end" cards that play games not even CREATED for it yet and the games which are, can be played on MB video of ANY NEW PC. i'll play old and current games with enjoyment and still not the least bit upset i paid $20; thats how planned obsolescence works! you will find out, but it cost YOU$650 LMAO! but the scary, THE REAL scary thing? is probably 99% of you used AOL, and cant even diagnose or actually USE a computer for what it was intended! in case you missed it, it wasn't made for playing games! side effect of sitting there with a deck of cards versus putting the card game in to the system. seriously solitaire is the first game on the PC (next to maybe minesweeper) because it wasnt made for "this". it became this from FREAKSLIKEYOU!

The SAPPHIRE DUAL-X Radeon R9 280 is powered by the latest AMD GPU to take your gaming to the next level. Based on AMD 28nm GCN architecture and boasting support for DirectX 11.2, the Radeon R9 280 VPU gives you the power to drive today’s hottest games — and tomorrow’s, keeping you in the fight whatever the circumstances. With Ultra Resolution Gaming you can leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. Whether using a 4k monitor or combining multiple HD monitors, you’ll get an expansive experience that’s truly out of sight. A rich set of AMD innovative technologies is included, such as App Acceleration, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore, and AMD HD3D technology. With these technology advancements, you'll get more than one way to elevate your gaming experience.

SAPPHIRE Dual-X Cooling Technology Dual-X is a highly efficient multi-heatpipe cooler with dual fans that provide quiet and very cool operation during normal operating conditions, and superb cooling performance even under extreme loads.

Mantle There’s optimization, and then there’s Mantle. Games enabled with Mantle speak the language of GCN architecture to unlock revolutionary performance and image quality. It’s a game-changing innovation developed by AMD.

AMD PowerTune Technology AMD PowerTune is a breakthrough technology that sets an entirely new direction for maximum performance at TDP. It allows the GPU to be designed with higher engine clock speeds which can be applied on the broad set of applications that have thermal headroom.

AMD Stream Technology Accelerate the most demanding applications with AMD Stream technology and do more with your PC. AMD Stream Technology allows you to use the teraflops of compute power locked up in your graphics processer on tasks other than traditional graphics such as video encoding, at which the graphics processor is many, many times faster than using the CPU alone.

AMD HD3D Technology Enjoy the most immersive experience possible with full support for High Definition Stereoscopic 3D, a technique that presents 2D images (movies, games, photos) in a format that creates the illusion of three-dimensional depth when using compatible 3D displays/glasses/software.

SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100373L Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$150 after rebate!! and just in case for you "rebate people" :

We are pleased to inform you that your rebate, with the Basic you selected has been processed and approved on 06/24/2015.

Your Amex® Reward Card will be mailed within 5-7 weeks. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

SPEND YOUR MONEY THE ECONOMY NEEDS IT!!

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
System Name ROG 7900X3d By purecain
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7900X3D
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Memory 64Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 neo RGB 6400@6000mhz@1.41v
Video Card(s) Aorus RTX4090 Extreme Waterforce
Storage 990Pro2Tb-1TbSamsung Evo M.2/ 2TbSamsung QVO/ 1TbSamsung Evo780/ 120gbKingston Now
Display(s) LG 65UN85006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
Case Thermaltake CoreX71 Limited Edition Etched Tempered Glass Door
Audio Device(s) On board/NIcomplete audio 6
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS 1000w 80+
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard K95 RGB Platinum
Software Windows11pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]
well I will get a month to play with the card, if I don't like it... back to the shop it goes... tbh im more likely to mod the cooling with a better fan at the very least... maybe even switch out the radiator for the one im using on my 290x...

I don't get coil whine as I use vsync when playing games....

if the performance of the card proves to be poor, well then i'll just buy another and another... the joy of not giving a damn and having plenty of cash on the hip.... makes life much more fun... :)

although if thats the case, this will be the last time I support AMD. you have no idea how much I wanted a 980ti....

btw... if I had gone with a 980 ti it would of arrived this morning... :cry:

also if you think the performance is bad then check how it performs in real time in 8 gpu intensive titles. theres nothing in it.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
picked this up 2 weeks ago and i am beyond happy! haven't shut up about it! so you buy your "high end" cards that play games not even CREATED for it yet and the games which are, can be played on MB video of ANY NEW PC. i'll play old and current games with enjoyment and still not the least bit upset i paid $20; thats how planned obsolescence works! you will find out, but it cost YOU$650 LMAO! but the scary, THE REAL scary thing? is probably 99% of you used AOL, and cant even diagnose or actually USE a computer for what it was intended! in case you missed it, it wasn't made for playing games! side effect of sitting there with a deck of cards versus putting the card game in to the system. seriously solitaire is the first game on the PC (next to maybe minesweeper) because it wasnt made for "this". it became this from FREAKSLIKEYOU!

The SAPPHIRE DUAL-X Radeon R9 280 is powered by the latest AMD GPU to take your gaming to the next level. Based on AMD 28nm GCN architecture and boasting support for DirectX 11.2, the Radeon R9 280 VPU gives you the power to drive today’s hottest games — and tomorrow’s, keeping you in the fight whatever the circumstances. With Ultra Resolution Gaming you can leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. Whether using a 4k monitor or combining multiple HD monitors, you’ll get an expansive experience that’s truly out of sight. A rich set of AMD innovative technologies is included, such as App Acceleration, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore, and AMD HD3D technology. With these technology advancements, you'll get more than one way to elevate your gaming experience.

SAPPHIRE Dual-X Cooling Technology Dual-X is a highly efficient multi-heatpipe cooler with dual fans that provide quiet and very cool operation during normal operating conditions, and superb cooling performance even under extreme loads.

Mantle There’s optimization, and then there’s Mantle. Games enabled with Mantle speak the language of GCN architecture to unlock revolutionary performance and image quality. It’s a game-changing innovation developed by AMD.

AMD PowerTune Technology AMD PowerTune is a breakthrough technology that sets an entirely new direction for maximum performance at TDP. It allows the GPU to be designed with higher engine clock speeds which can be applied on the broad set of applications that have thermal headroom.

AMD Stream Technology Accelerate the most demanding applications with AMD Stream technology and do more with your PC. AMD Stream Technology allows you to use the teraflops of compute power locked up in your graphics processer on tasks other than traditional graphics such as video encoding, at which the graphics processor is many, many times faster than using the CPU alone.

AMD HD3D Technology Enjoy the most immersive experience possible with full support for High Definition Stereoscopic 3D, a technique that presents 2D images (movies, games, photos) in a format that creates the illusion of three-dimensional depth when using compatible 3D displays/glasses/software.

SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100373L Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$150 after rebate!! and just in case for you "rebate people" :

We are pleased to inform you that your rebate, with the Basic you selected has been processed and approved on 06/24/2015.

Your Amex® Reward Card will be mailed within 5-7 weeks. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

SPEND YOUR MONEY THE ECONOMY NEEDS IT!!

Please, enlighten us with the rest of the online shop info. I love reading it... / sarcasm

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Didn't notice W1zzard already did a review on the Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 gaming two weeks ago, but so far it looks like the best single GPU to go with. It almost doubles the FPS of one 970 in some games at 4K. Just averaging 15% better than a ref 980 Ti though makes it well worth the extra $40.

Gigabyte does it again. I can't believe it's only 11.6" long too. Should even fit in a lot of micro cases.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
Very well said!

Unfortunately it won't end the debate due to the title "What would you choose", which is completely subjective. I'm pretty sure the debate will continue from both sides.

well at last my dilemma ended ... i didn't choose it :D i did won it ... altho i would prefer a Fury X the pricing in Switzerland killed it ... it range now from 730chf to ... :laugh: 1730chf :laugh: (c'mon what do they smoke ... 1730 really??? )
so i have to go with a 980 for my 290 upgrade (due to a giveaway :D sad it's not a Ti but still a good card ) see ... i am sided to none ... but i tend to support a bit more AMD for me the best is the Fury X (if the pricing would be different ... ) and the best contestant the 980Ti .... both are on a equal foot for me... i let the Titan X out of that ... it's not a card ... it's a trophy to put a "look i have money and i can show it" (imho and only imho ;) )