• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Global Warming & Climate Change Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Out of Curiosity Sulfur dioxide one of the worst green house gasses how much does man pump into the Atmosphere each year
and in contrast how much does Nature pump into the Atmosphere each year

AND AS A GREEN HOUSE GAS explain this
Volcanoes releasing sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere are the reason behind the temperature not rising as high as expected between years 2000 and 2010, according to a new study.

Ryan Neely, lead author of the study, said that sulfur dioxide emissions rise up to some 12 to 20 miles into the stratospheric aerosol layer of the atmosphere. Here, the gas reacts with other compounds in the aerosol and forms sulfuric acid and water, which later fall back to earth. These water particles reflect sunlight and cool the earth.

WEl WELL well ain't that confusing a green house gas that cools and not raises temps
AIN'T SCIENCE WONDERFUL

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap

dorsetknob

How many of the worlds Volcano's are what they call Sulfur dioxide emmiters
there is Mt Erebus in Antarctica Popocatepetl in mexico. some in the Philippines
the Ring of fire
Nature is its Own polluter each of those volcano's are major Sulfur dioxide emmiters with outputs measuring 10's thousands of TONS each year

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
from Wiki...

The element's largest commercial use (after mostly being converted to sulfuric acid) is to produce sulfate and phosphate fertilizers, because of the relatively high requirement of plants for sulfur and phosphorus. Sulfuric acid is also a primary industrial chemical outside fertilizer manufacture. Other well-known uses for the element are in matches, insecticides and fungicides.

sulphur is pretty useful stuff, another one of natures miraculous balancing acts.
it is more amazing that we are here in the first place rather than we "possibly" fukd it all up.

System Name Some computer stuff
Processor Mostly Intel or AMD
Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Storage Plenty Platters or SSDs or USBs
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Audio Device(s) There's one for my M7 Gene, Oh I have 3-4 PCI 5.1 ones.Sabrent! lol
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Keyboard Used ps2 from garage sales
Software Yeah
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/schmuckley/#Hardware_Library http://valid.canardpc.com/rbjpbg
Umm..
Carbon Dioxide makes plants grow.
If you were say..trying to grow some kind of unspecified plants..
They would need Carbon Dioxide, and the more they got,the better they'd grow and the more oxygen they would produce.
There is no global warming;Contrary to the "green-oriented" "kids" shows that replaced Saturday morning cartoons.The facts say it's not happening.

dorsetknob

Umm..
Carbon Dioxide makes plants grow.
If you were say..trying to grow some kind of unspecified plants..
They would need Carbon Dioxide, and the more they got,the better they'd grow and the more oxygen they would produce.
There is no global warming;Contrary to the "green-oriented" "kids" shows that replaced Saturday morning cartoons.The facts say it's not happening.

Illegal growers of pot/maryjane/weed/reefer have been known to grow in sealed polytunnels with elevated levels of CO2 to promote higher and faster growth with a Better end Product.

Just saying not recommending :):peace:

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I don't know where everyone gets the idea that money meddles with science.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2011...sts-push-the-consensus-its-not-for-the-money/

That is a bit of an older article but it helps explain the insanity of claiming such a position.

Claiming money corrupts science is insanity is it? Really? How naive.

That article explains why the scientists are in it for the money, but I never said they were. However, money, politics and especially, power over others, go hand in hand, so it's in the politician's interests to push this crap down our throats and claim it's man-made so they can peddle austerity measures of one kind or another at us, including being extremely anti-car (emissions). I don't claim to know the mechanics of how all this goes on, but one way or another people are profiting off the "climate change" hype.

All I do know for certain is that the climate does seem different and it does seem warmer than I remember. Also, I keep hearing of weather extremes records being broken in the weather news, so something is happening all right.

Why exactly it's happening, whether totally man-made, totally natural, or more likely, a blend of the two, I don't know. From what I understand, no scientist can definitively tell you that it's man doing it either, so I certainly can't make that claim.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
@qubit, you're correct. Until Scientists can all be self-funded, the results will always be skewed toward the government, political group, foundation, or university which funds the research through grants. Unless someone has worked in the field of grant writing and approval, they would have no idea that yes, researchers do indeed write up their requests for money to support their research by aligning with the goals of the person or persons with the money strings. Otherwise, they shan't part with the money.

In addition, in no way shape or form, should we attribute a neutral, altruistic mentality on all scientists. Many of them have their own theories, ideas and beliefs, and research tends to support that direction, so even being self-funded would not end any bias in research.

System Name Not named
Processor Intel 8700k @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Assassin II
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) Zotac 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
Storage Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) 24" Dell IPS 1920x1200
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Watt Fully Modular
@qubit, you're correct. Until Scientists can all be self-funded, the results will always be skewed toward the government, political group, foundation, or university which funds the research through grants. Unless someone has worked in the field of grant writing and approval, they would have no idea that yes, researchers do indeed write up their requests for money to support their research by aligning with the goals of the person or persons with the money strings. Otherwise, they shan't part with the money.

In addition, in no way shape or form, should we attribute a neutral, altruistic mentality on all scientists. Many of them have their own theories, ideas and beliefs, and research tends to support that direction, so even being self-funded would not end any bias in research.

There's too much to respond to here in this thread so I'm just picking this as it's the most recent.

Quite often people misunderstand what is actually being researched while research is being done. If I was working at my local university in the earth sciences I would propose something along the lines of "CO2 tracking between the periods of x to y". Depending on the results maybe I then do more research "Possible causes for CO2 changes at z location between periods x and y". Granted at each step of the progression my work is being peer reviewed to check for errors in methodology. You then get dozens, possibly hundreds of similar studies on the matter, in which case you start getting more collaborative works that reference the prior works.

With the exception of a few large international/multi-institution collaborative mega studies such as the IPCC the vast majority of support comes from smaller studies with data points all going in the same direction.

The system isn't perfect, but it works no way like the people here imply it does as far as the scopes of studies that are usually done, and it is greatly underplayed how difficult it would be to get that many scientists and that many studies in that many different areas to agree on approximately the same thing.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
@magibeg, you are correct, all research is going in the direction that the climate is changing. It is on the issue of why that said research is subject to the whims and beliefs of who is funding it, and thus the "why" is not conclusive. It could be man made. It could be one of the thousands of up and down climate changes the Earth has always gone through. Or it could be a combination.

Also, I would not spoken about the influence of grant suppliers if I didn't have some insight into the subject. Suffice it to say, the holders of the money only rarely support research for the purposes of finding an answer, no matter what it may be.

System Name Not named
Case Fractal Design R5
@magibeg, you are correct, all research is going in the direction that the climate is changing. It is on the issue of why that said research is subject to the whims and beliefs of who is funding it, and thus the "why" is not conclusive. It could be man made. It could be one of the thousands of up and down climate changes the Earth has always gone through. Or it could be a combination.

Also, I would not spoken about the influence of grant suppliers if I didn't have some insight into the subject. Suffice it to say, the holders of the money only rarely support research for the purposes of finding an answer, no matter what it may be.

This is true. Though I would still argue about where the influences lie. The fossil fuel industry is orders of magnitude larger than green energy, and I would argue based on policy that the government itself isn't bias towards global warming being real so much as it's trying to react to it now. I'm just not understanding what the government incentive would be if global warming existed that wouldn't upset the also held belief that the same governments are also in the pocket of big oil.

System Name X99
Processor 5930K @ 4.7GHz @ 1.323v
Motherboard Rampage V Edition 10
Cooling EK
Memory Dominator Platinum 32GB
Video Card(s) 2x Gigabyte xtreme gaming 980ti
Storage Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 850 Pro & WD320
Display(s) Tempest X270OC @100Hz
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply 120-G2-1600-X1
Mouse Mamba 2012
Keyboard K70
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6823139
Scientific data is always fudged when it has to do with climate change, GMOs, cancer research, alternative energy technology, etc. When it effects giant coporations pocket books they pay scientists to lie, omit and delete data.

Our society in a whole is ruled by sociopath oligarchs. :*(

System Name Not named
Case Fractal Design R5
Scientific data is always fudged when it has to do with climate change, GMOs, cancer research, alternative energy technology, etc. When it effects giant coporations pocket books they pay scientists to lie, omit and delete data.

Our society in a whole is ruled by sociopath oligarchs. :*(

So what you're telling me is that all the worlds scientists are in on this and the data is always fudged. So in your opinion what would it take to prove anything to you? It appears you just discounted effectively all research done on nearly any topic.

System Name X99
Cooling EK
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Audio Device(s) On-board
Mouse Mamba 2012
Keyboard K70
Software Win10
Not all but many are seduced by money. When it has to do with effecting big corporations they will find a way even though other scientific data that goes against the bough data is overlooked. Monsanto bought out Bill Nye to be on the side of GMOs.

You really need to grasp the reality that money and greed are a very dangerous thing when it effects the planet that sustains our very lives.

Do some research on a guy called Royal Rife & the AMA. Also look at the Pharmaceutical Industry that will release a drug deemed to be safe then later have to recall that product. The world we all live in is full of lies and deseption on the part of the big players that effect everything.

System Name Not named
Case Fractal Design R5
Not all but many are seduced by money. When it has to do with effecting big corporations they will find a way even though other scientific data that goes against the bough data is overlooked. Monsanto bought out Bill Nye to be on the side of GMOs.

You really need to grasp the reality that money and greed are a very dangerous thing when it effects the planet that sustains our very lives.

Do some research on a guy called Royal Rife & the AMA. Also look at the Pharmaceutical Industry that will release a drug deemed to be safe then later have to recall that product. The world we all live in is full of lies and deseption on the part of the big players that effect everything.

I'm actually PRO GMO's to be honest. Royal Rife didn't have a cure for cancer and his methods don't make sense.

You are much more conspiracy theory than you realize.

System Name X99
Cooling EK
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Audio Device(s) On-board
Mouse Mamba 2012
Keyboard K70
Software Win10
Enjoy the poison & you need to research out side the box for a change.

I guess you enjoy modified food from a chemical corporation? You do know Monsanto is responsible for many, many bad things.

Why do you think Monsanto spends so much money lobbying congress so they dont have to lable there franken foods to the public?

Agent Orange, PCBs, the list goes on.

System Name Not named
Case Fractal Design R5
Enjoy the poison & you need to research out side the box for a change.

I guess you enjoy modified food from a chemical corporation? You do know Monsanto is responsible for many, many bad things.

Why do you think Monsanto spends so much money lobbying congress so they dont have to lable there franken foods to the public?

Agent Orange, PCBs, the list goes on.

We can't have a meaningful discussion on this. By your very nature anything i bring to the table you will claim is falsified data. If GMO's were good for you for example, what proof could i even possibly bring to the table that you would accept anyway?

Last edited:
System Name X99
Cooling EK
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Audio Device(s) On-board
Mouse Mamba 2012
Keyboard K70
Software Win10
You can't because the long history of Monsanto plus all the data that proves they harm the environment and its inhabitants. The fact that nature is better off without humans farking with it is a good argument plus the horrible things Monsanto has developed and been a part off and has willingly ignored the health of millions for their chemical profiteering. You would make a good lobbyist or politician.

Why did Congress do this? Why would Monsanto need protection?
http://www.ibtimes.com/monsanto-pro...ng-things-know-about-hr-933-provision-1156079

http://bestmeal.info/monsanto/company-history.shtml

http://www.chemicalindustryarchives.org/dirtysecrets/annistonindepth/toxicity.asp

http://earthjustice.org/features/ourwork/timeline-monsanto-s-chemical-romance#

Go find some good stuff about Monsanto, I doubt you can.

Monsanto, killing softly since the 1900s.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
We can't have a meaningful discussion on this. By your very nature anything i bring to the table you will claim is falsified data. If GMO's were good for you for example, what proof could i even possibly bring to the table that you would accept anyway?

Golden rice is a pretty good thing. That's GMO.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Psssst...the debate on GMO is over.

Estimates of the numbers of meals consumed by feed animals since the introduction of GM crops 18 years ago would number well into the trillions. By common sense alone, if GE feed were causing unusual problems among livestock, farmers would have noticed. Dead and sick animals would literally litter farms around the world. Yet there are no anecdotal reports of such mass health problems.

As Dr. Steven Novella notes
We now have a large set of data, both experimental and observational, showing that genetically modified feed is safe and nutritionally equivalent to non-GMO feed. There does not appear to be any health risk to the animals, and it is even less likely that there could be any health effect on humans who eat those animals.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonenti...-is-over-thanks-to-a-new-trillion-meal-study/

Here is a comprehensive list of animal feeding studies.

System Name Not named
Case Fractal Design R5
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Omg.... it has happened. We are in agreement lol
Oh I know we agree on several things. It's just that one little issue that we're gonna have to say that old saying..."We'll just have to agree to agree that I'm right." XD Or something like that.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
"Britain braced for mini-ice age as temperatures are set to drop to a 300-year low" reports a news article.

But it won't save us from global warming, apparently.

Have a read and see what you think. With so much politics and money meddling with the science, I still don't know what to believe when it comes to global warming. All I can say with some certainty, is that the weather seems a bit different to what I remember as a kid and that can happen by natural weather changes as well as man made.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/bri...-set-to-drop-to-a-300-year-low-11363988285992

It's better phrased as "Climate change"

Washington state seems to be getting the warming bit of it though. It was 100F here the other day, and 90F today. That's sick and wrong on a level that should only be reserved for Californians.

Status
Not open for further replies.