• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

felipaopl

It is a software/driver combo. You can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p6uz4qi1yeojv11/DOLBY.rar

SOURCE: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=a76255781f509a207689b8433cfc92a0&t=392085

Quick guide:
DOLBY.rar contents:
Dolby PCEE Drivers x64.msi
Dolby PCEE Drivers x86.msi
Dolby Home Theater v4.msi
Dolby Advanced Audio v2.msi

Installation:

1. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers or NVIDIA or ATI HD Audio drivers. Reboot.

2. NOTE: For Win 8/8.1, Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

3. Install "Dolby PCEE Drivers x64.msi". During installation process, choose "DHT(release)" for Home Theater v4.

4. Install "Dolby Home Theater v4.msi". Reboot.

5. After restart go to Control Panel -> Audio -> Select Digital Output -> properties -> advanced properties -> from the dropdown menu select Dolby Digital -> apply/accept and close.

6. Enjoy :)

It will work with Win7 & Win8, currently not working on Windows 10.
Thanks. Looking forward to this method too, more options are always welcome.

Andrei

Now there are two possibilities with Home Theater v4 Advanced audio v2 Bundle :
1. Dolby Digital Output is actually DDL unnamed properly. which is ok
2 Dolby Digital is just a fake stereo to 5.1 just like Dolby headphone which sucks bigtime. My receiver can also do this conversion.

PS: My motherboard came with Dolby Home Theatre v4, same for my laptop but this is basiclly just an equalizer.

Last edited:

sunshinewelly

I have an asus rock z77 extreme 4 MB. It has optical out. I have purchased a pair of turtle beach headsets to use with my xbox and hopefully my PC.

Now i have had a look at this thread and some report having succcess in openinng up the realtec audio to out put Dolby Live (which the turtle beach requires).

Will this work with my MB

Processor i5 4690K
Motherboard Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10
Video Card(s) HIS R9 270X
Display(s) TC-L37X1
Case NZXT S-340
Audio Device(s) Z-5500 Optical / Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-650TX
Software Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Now there are two possibilities with Home Theater v4 Advanced audio v2 Bundle :
1. Dolby Digital Output is actually DDL unnamed properly. which is ok
2 Dolby Digital is just a fake stereo to 5.1 just like Dolby headphone which sucks bigtime. My receiver can also do this conversion.

PS: My motherboard came with Dolby Home Theatre v4, same for my laptop but this is basiclly just an equalizer.

Dolby Advanced Audio V2 IS NOT THE SAME as Dolby Home Theater V4.
(The interface of DHTv4 will work with the Advanced Audio v2 driver and also with Dolby Home Theater driver)

The Dolby.RAR content has inside "Dolby PCEE Drivers x64.msi" which can install both DAA (Dolby Advanced Audio driver) and also DHT (Dolby Home Theater driver) -you should pick "DHT (release)".
The main difference being Dolby Digital Output on DHT driver that is basically Dolby Digital Live, and of course if your source has 2.0 audio it will "fake" 5.1 which is good isn't?
aavsht.jpg

Screen of Wolfenstein outputting real 5.1 digital through spdif:
olb.jpg

I have an asus rock z77 extreme 4 MB. It has optical out. I have purchased a pair of turtle beach headsets to use with my xbox and hopefully my PC.

Now i have had a look at this thread and some report having succcess in openinng up the realtec audio to out put Dolby Live (which the turtle beach requires).

Will this work with my MB

You will have to try it yourself, even with similar hardware the hack doesn't always work.

Last edited:

sunshinewelly

I tried the dolby theatre workaround but it says my device is not supported when i try to select dolby and i can only run my hdmi output through my gpu in 2 channels. as there is now a new version of the realtek drivers is there a new unsigned driver we can use to get in with the original method

darkspireULTIMA

so do microsoft know that the 5.1 optical is buggered?. as i said im using the windows 10 240 build. i am willing to stick it out like.. just hope they fix it soon,. its a big enough reason to go back to 7 lol

sunshinewelly

OK now got this to work using the 2.71 guide on page 1 (crackerjacks method at post 8) - although i am waiting for headphones to see if it actually outputs any sound.

what i did was download the unsigned driver and copy over the dll onto the realtek 2.71 real driver and run the set up.

I have not had any unsigned driver messages though when i restart which i understand i should be getting.

I dont know whether crackerjacks method is the alternative method or not - i simply downloaded bad's unsigned driver 2.71 and used the dll inside that (once it had been extracted)

i understand that i should actually replace the original dll once the dolby live output has been enabled.

so i understand that this does not work with windows 10,

Shiroyasha

What do you have in the Dropdown menu?

Look also in Control Panel-> Sound->select Digital ouptup->properties-> advanced-> see the dropdown menu.

PS: This version of driver is not form Realtek website. Am I right ?

I found settings in the drop down menu you said to look into, I found DTS Interactive 5.1 and DD Live 5.1, However when I select them and play though one of them 5.1 does not play, I also do not have that option in my RealTek hardware manager drop down menu.

So something went wrong I guess.

Also if select 5.1 from control panel the way you said to 5.1 does not play 5.1 its only stereo sound.

I'm now even more lost than before.

Attachments

• nodtsorddlinrealtekaudiomanager.png
    nodtsorddlinrealtekaudiomanager.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 3,236

Andrei

To which output do you have your speakers connected?

Can you play the test sound when selectong DTS or DDL?

HeyWheresMySnack

So I have everything installed correctly in Windows 10, but I can't play the test tone, and 5.1 surround sound doesn't work. Anyone figured out how to get around that?

Hi Everyone, finally got through the thread!! :)

In my experience, Aorus laptop with W8.1 and latest Realteck HD driver installed this is what I get:

- I have DHT v4 installed and working
- I loose the Realteck drivers
- Then I have great speackers but cannot use my Audio/Micro jacks.
- I I reinstal Realteck drivers over the DTH install, then the DTH has a driver version issue...

Could not find away to by pass that point.

Any idea? Any solution?

Shiroyasha

To which output do you have your speakers connected?

Can you play the test sound when selectong DTS or DDL?

I have it connected though my Digital Coaxial cable looks like this. I can play a test sound but its not in 5.1, It comes in as DTS or DD when I select it but does not play in 5.1.

Attachments

• 750-SPDS3_detail2.jpg
    750-SPDS3_detail2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 931

Andrei

The test sound will not play in 5.1 because is stereo. You need to start a game to get 5.1.
You can get also music in all the speakers by activating dolby prologic 2

TomONeill

So I have everything installed correctly in Windows 10, but I can't play the test tone, and 5.1 surround sound doesn't work. Anyone figured out how to get around that?
Nope :(
The weirdest thing is that you can actually test DTS and Dolby seperatly (see pic) and then the test tone DOES work! But you can't make it so that it'll work for the test tone on the "Advanced" tab or anything else for that matter.

Shiroyasha

The test sound will not play in 5.1 because is stereo. You need to start a game to get 5.1.
You can get also music in all the speakers by activating dolby prologic 2

I dont have Dolby Prologic 2 as an option in my RealTek Manager thats the problem.

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
The weirdest thing is that you can actually test DTS and Dolby seperatly (see pic) and then the test tone DOES work! But you can't make it so that it'll work for the test tone on the "Advanced" tab or anything else for that matter.
That's because this test is testing what the decoder supports, i.e. it is testing encoded Dolby Digital and DTS Audio (like you'd have from a DVD/Blu-ray). That's why the Supported Formats test is always available regardless of whether the sound card supports DDL or DTS:I

arsalanpro

Hi,
I was able to unlock the Realtek HD Audio driver, and make both Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive available.
(Note: DTS Interactive is marketed as DTS Connect when bundled with DTS Neo: PC)

Unlocked options you will get:
- Dolby Digital Live
- DTS Interactive
- Dolby Home Theater (Dolby Virtual Speaker for 2 speakers, Dolby Pro Logic II for >2 speakers)
- DTS Neo: PC

This will work on ANY Realtek HD Audio codec. (Edit: Excluding ALC2xx under Windows 7)

Unlocked Drivers:
Download Realtek HD Audio Codec Driver and replace the relevant file with the file provided:

Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 - 32 bit and 64 bit - R2.71 M1:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ohd11k
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/78849394/file.html

Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 32 bit and 64 bit - R2.73 M1:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zrwyeh
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/2155117/file.html

Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 32 bit and 64 bit - R2.71 M1:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m59vre
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/34731542/file.html

Note for 64-bit Vista / 7 / 8 users:
This is an unsigned driver, you must do one of the following for the driver to load:
1. Press F8 before each boot and select "Disable driver signature enforcement".
2. Test-sign the driver and enable Test-mode.
3. Patch the kernel to permanently enable unsigned drivers.

Alternatively, here is another modification that does not require breaking the driver signature, and instead modifies one of the user-mode DLLs,
Unfortunately, usually Windows PUMA (Protected User Mode Audio) will check the digital signature of the user-mode DLL and will refuse to play ("Failed to play test tone"),
even so, PUMA will only re-verify the DLL signature after a system restart.

Because of that, and because Dolby Digital Live / DTS Interactive settings are used regardless of the DLL being loaded,
you can still replace the DLL and go to Control Panel > Sound, set the output format to Dolby Digital Live / DTS Interactive, and then switch back to the original DLL,
the Dolby Digital Live / DTS Interactive output setting you have set will still be in effect, even after a reboot.

Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 32 bit and 64 bit - R2.71 A1 (Alternative method):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7xp03j

If you have issues:
Please Report:
- OS (including whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Motherboard
- HD Audio Controller Hardware ID (You can find this in device manager, see image below)
- HD Audio Codec Hardware ID (You can find this in device manager, see image below)
Hello sir, thankyou for this method. I tried this on my 1150 codec and it worked fine on Dolby Digital Live 5.1 on Windows 8.1. But ever since I started using Windows 10, it doesn't work I can't even test sound as it says "Failed to play test tone". Can you help me out here please? Thankyou.

I wonder how people manage to have dolby into the sound control Panel.

When I manage to get DHT v4 installed an d working, I loose the functionality of audio and micro Jacks, and I do not have Dolby appearing in the sound properties... neither as a tab, neither in the drop down...

arsalanpro

You'll find that an extra step is needed for this to work in all games which involves patching directX files. I mentioned this a few steps back.

I'm unsure how this would work for Windows 10 and DX12.
Sir is this for Windows 10 Pro?
2.73 worked great on Windows 8.1 but ever since I have switched to Win 10 it's not working.

arsalanpro

I've tried every setups and versions of installation presented in this thread, but nothing is working, every time after successful installation, I'm choosing DTS Connect or DDL and then "Failed to play test tone". I've heard someone got this error too, but what should I do with it, I cant find solution. Can someone help me, please? I do really need 5.1 sound via SPDIF.
I am having the same problem, but on Windows 10. Can you help me out?

arsalanpro

Anyone had any luck running this on Windows 10 insider preview? (build 10074 here) There appears to be an additional form of audio protection which causes the notorious 'Failed to play test tone' error when using DTS/DDL.

Realtek control panel and Windows though will register the existence of DDL & DTS, the driver will function normally if used in any other modes.

This will apply to using both the M1 and A1 methods for installing the drivers, as well as the awesome registry workaround which disables PUMA as stated by mkanet, and applies to all of the versions of the modded driver that we have available such as 2.71, 2.73 and 2.75.

For the M1 method I have tried multiple things from test signing the driver to disabling DSE.

I have used both hotswapping files in the installer and hotswapping in system32 for methods of applying M1.

Thanks

----------
Some specs for comparison/information :

Motherboard : Z87-G45
Audio Driver : ALC 1150
OS : Win 10 IP (build 10074 / latest at time of writing).

Edit : For reference, both A1 and M1 work perfectly on Win 8(.1) x64.
Exactly my issue here, can't play DDL or DTS on Windows 10 as it says "Failed to play test tone". Is there any solution for this? :(

arsalanpro

Exactly my problem here (on Windows 10), have you solved this?