• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

MightyRufo

I was also in this situation where the driver would not load unless i manually selected the disable driver enforcement while Windows was correctly in test mode.

To fix this, after I manually copied the patched nvlddmkm into system32, I rebooted and ofcourse driver enforcement was on so windows looked totally broken due to no driver. I simply ran the install.cmd again so that it could now re-run through the disabling of integrity checks and re setting up testmmode and then restarted and I now I dont have to hold shift for every restart.

Alternatively, you can run bcdedit from the command prompt to force driver signature enforcement off on every boot, but thats what the install.cmd is supposed to be doing. I would run the command just to verify that you know it is turning on.

Command prompt with admin access - bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

reboot

I'll give this a go, but I think I did try this already. I'll post back. If it works, I'll update my tutorial too.

EDIT: I have confirmed this doesn't work on Windows 10 Pro Build 10240

Last edited:
System Name Cooler Master Elite (case name)
Processor Amd 1090T X6 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
Cooling oversize fans
Memory 16 gigs ddr3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 - nvidia gtx 560's sli 2 gigs each video memory
Storage 6 - terabytes sata
Display(s) samsung syncmaster 2330 hd monitor
Case coolermaster elite
Audio Device(s) realtek on-board
Power Supply coolermaster 1000 watts
Software windows 7 64- bit enterprise
Benchmark Scores not available at this time.
Last edited:
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Appreciate the thanks! this stuff with windows 10 will hopefully get sorted out eventually.

rumcayz

Hey!
Could anyone re-upload patched driver for 353.62 64bit Windows 10 driver? Unfortunately I can't download it from gamesfront (downloading don't even start)

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I don't have windows 10 myself, so unlike the windows 7 drivers, I can't test this driver out, but the download stats for the original link (about 20 downloads so far) have downloaded this driver, I haven't seen any
complaints about this driver myself (other then actually getting it installed due to windows 10 having seemingly tighter security on drivers). Once you get it installed properly, it should work fine, this is based on
the lack of complaints on this forum.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'm still running windows 7 64-bit, I have no immediate plans to upgrade to windows 10, the windows 10 video driver can be patched just fine on windows 7, I checked the download stats for the windows 10
driver, around 30 people have downloaded it, I haven't seen any complaints on this forum saying the patched driver doesn't work, windows 10 does have tighter restrictions on installing 'test mode' drivers,
but once it's installed, it should work just fine.

-----------------------------------------------------

These instructions were posted by MightyRufo.

Here's specific instructions on how to install the windows 10 driver:

I've figured it out! But unfortunately, it leaves us with a painful solution. I've done all the steps, driver installed and SLI is working (YES!!).. However, in order to get it to work. Windows Driver Signature Enforcement must be disabled, as we already knew. Problem is, in order to actually boot with DSE off.. You must access the startup options of Windows 10 to boot into the advanced startup menu and then choose 7 to boot with Driver Signature Enforcement off... Every time you boot.. I've also went ahead and tried to disabled this permanently, through cmd with some commands.. Apparently doing such has been removed or disabled in Windows 10. It cannot be turned off permanently. I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 thing but I did read somewhere that, that is the case.

So, the process is as follows for us Windows 10 users.
1. Install drivers from Nividia
2. Check for Windows Updates. Let Windows download 353.62 display driver form Nvidia
3. Restart your computer (Usually windows will prompt you to restart upon installing this driver)
4. Download DifferentSLIAuto (1.3.1 as of today) and then extract it wherever: https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases
5. Download Jbailey8's 353.62 patched Nvidia driver: http://www.gamefront.com/files/25142902/nvlddmkm35362-win10.rar
6. Put the patched Nvidia driver into your DifferentSLIAuto folder.
7. Locate the Install.cmd file, then right click it and run it as administrator
Once it's finished, it should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/u5KDvSC.png
However, sometimes it's not able to copy the driver into your system, resulting in this: http://i.imgur.com/2D5l09x.png (0 files copied)
If it did not copy the driver over, move to the next step. If it did, move to step 10
8. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and locate the file named nvlddmkm.sys
9. Rename this file, doesn't mater what you rename it. But keep in mind, you can use it as a backup. I renamed mine nvlddmkmBACKUP.sys
9. Copy the nvlddmkm.sys patched driver in your DifferentSLIAuto folder to the same folder where you renamed nvlddmkm.sys
10. This part is a little tricky. Click Restart while holding shift until you see "Please Wait". You'll get an advanced menu.
a. Click on Troubleshoot
b. Advanced Options
c. Startup Settings
d. Then click Restart
This guide may help and the process is the same for Windows 10: http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/
11. When shown the advanced startup menu, press number 7 on your keyboard. (NOT F7, which doesn't seem to work for me)
12. Windows will start with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled. (You must repeat step 10, every time you boot windows, otherwise windows will NOT load the patched driver. Even with Test Mode on)
13. Right click on your desktop and click on NIVIDIA Control Panel, then check to see if you can enable SLI and then enable it, of course. (Not all motherboards will work with this, it's a hit or miss)
14. Verify it's working. In the Nvidia Control Panel, click 3D Settings (NOT Manage 3D Settings) at the top, next to Help and Desktop and click Show SLI Visual Indicator.
15. Run a SLI compatible game of your choice. You should see a bar on the left side of your screen. The greener the bar, the better SLI is performing. Do these same steps to disable it.
And wallah, enjoy!

NOTE: This guide is ONLY for version 353.62 of Nvidia's driver. However, this guide may still work providing you use a newly provided DifferentSLIAuto and Nvidia driver instead.

My conclusion.. As of now, loading an improperly signed driver in Windows 10 is a royal pain. But if you go through the steps to make it work, it DOES work. This'll be a temporary fix until I upgrade to an Intel motherboard.

------------------------------------------

As you can see, it's a tedious procudure, the best I can offer is download the patched
windows 10 driver and give it a try.

Last edited:
System Name Auriga
Processor Ryzen 7950X3D w/ aquacomputer cuplex kryos NEXT with VISION - acrylic/nickel
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Res/D5 Combo •• Corsair XR7 480mm + Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS radiators •• 7xNF-A12 chromax
Memory 2x 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB @ 6200MHz, 30-40-40-28, 1.35V (F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X w/ Bykski waterblock
Storage 2TB WD Black SN850X ••• 2TB Corsair M510 ••• 40TB QNAP NAS via SFP+ NIC
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (3440x1440, 10-bit @ 139Hz)
Case Thermaltake Core P8
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Razer Viper V2 Pro (FPS games) + Logitech MX Master 2S (everything else)
Keyboard Keycult No2 rev 1 w/Amber Alps and TX stabilizers on a steel plate. DCS 9009 WYSE keycaps
Software W10 X64 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/c3rxw7
crap! i can't believe i only found this now. AFTER i paid a $100 premium for a microATX board that supports SLI. oh well

Processor i5 3470
Motherboard Gigabyte G3A-B75M-D3H
Cooling Stock Intel
Memory 8 GB DDR3 transcend
Video Card(s) GTX 660 2GB DDR5
Storage 500GB
Hello, I have a gtx 660 and an i5 3470 and my mobo is gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H and I'm not sure if it supports SLI as I'm planning on buying my friends old gtx 660 for 100$ .I am on windows 10 and just wanted to know if hyperSli would work?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite

MightyRufo

So, I've been noticing that using SLI results in more issues than just using a single card. Now, I came from using CrossfireX on an Asus Crosshair 5 Extreme motherboard (Which is currently the one running SLI now) anndd.. I'm noticing more issues with SLI than Crossfire.. And I'm wondering if it's related to my motherboard. But I mean, my motherboard should be more than sufficient.. Some games perform better, some don't. As to be expected. My results were quite the same when running Crossfire. But I feel like SLI doesn't do as good of a job. Suppose I can't judge SLI on hardware that's not necessarily approved for.

Also, who's the one who initially wrote the program and such to sign and install the driver? I'm wondering because, I'd hate to see this method die eventually as things change.

Wish I could code, I'd totally help. But networking is more my thing.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
EmberVulpix is the one who did the actual coding, I wouldn't mind helping out, but the issue there is I need a relatively recent version of ida pro, and it's expensive (around $3000 or so), I don't want to
pirate it, so that's out. The driver is signed as 'differentsliauto' I think. As far as sli performance goes, that's mainly dependent on how well the game your running uses or scales with sli, some games
use almost 100% while others barley do anything I seriously doubt it's because the driver has been patched, all that does is enable sli mode, I don't think it degrades or improves performance per say,
it simply activates sli mode on systems it wouldn't normally be available.

MightyRufo

EmberVulpix is the one who did the actual coding, I wouldn't mind

helping out, but the issue there is I need a relatively recent version of ida pro, and it's expensive (around $3000 or so), I don't want to
pirate it, so that's out. The driver is signed as 'differentsliauto' I think. As far as sli performance goes, that's mainly dependent on how well the game your running uses or scales with sli, some games
use almost 100% while others barley do anything I seriously doubt it's because the driver has been patched, all that does is enable sli mode, I don't think it degrades or improves performance per say,
it simply activates sli mode on systems it wouldn't normally be available.

Right, I don't think the driver causes any issues because it's been patched. I just wonder if, because I am running cards that are newer, and this motherboard is at least 2 years old, if that's an issue. I do know that both ATI and Nvidia are doing more communications through the PCI-E instead of the actual bridge connected to both cards. Eventually, we won't even need a bridge. But that's not until a while later. I'm not sure, I've also noticed more issues when games change resolution and refresh rate for a game. Windows 10 doesn't seem to like that very much.

Anyways, thanks for the info. It's a shame that it's difficult to work on this further.

Also, a little advice. When uploading drivers, or anything really. Try using a multi-host uploader. This way your driver will be uploaded to various sites, and will last longer before getting taken down.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks!

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Here's the download links for the patched 355.60 64 bit win7 & win10 patched drivers:

This driver is for windows 7, 8, & 8.1 64-bit

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25172827/nvlddmkm35560-win7-64bit.rar

alternate download link:

http://turbobit.net/cqxuq297zdr2.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25172828/nvlddmkm35560-win10-64bit.rar

alternate download link:

http://turbobit.net/fz4qa7p57aeh.html

For now at least, I'm going to provide only 1 set of alternate download links, this seems to be
good enough, I checked a few multi-host upload sites, but they have restrictions on
copyrighted material (among other things), and this driver might be considered as such,
if a link goes bad or something, just tell me here and I can re-upload to the same site.

Last edited:
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite

NerdShowAndTell

Just wanted to say I'm running Windows 10 Pro with a Crosshair IV Formula with two EVGA GTX 980SC cards in 2-way SLI and a 3rd GTX 650 currently for Physx only.. Thanks to this driver and thread I'm able to use SLI with this motherboard.. Thanks for the information!

I'm powering 6 monitors off of the two GTX 980SC cards, and just toggle SLI around from all monitors to an individual depending on the game, config, etc. I want to run.

Also, to note, everything currently seems to be set without having to change anything on each boot. Only thing I see is that it's in "Test Mode" on every boot.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
There's nothing that can really be done (without a lot of trouble) to fix the 'test mode' text on your desktop, that's because when the driver was patched, that canceled the certification from microsoft and nvidia
so windows goes into test mode, the patched driver would have to be 're-signed' from a source windows trusts, I'm afraid I don't count.

Glad everything is working for you!

volumes

Hey jbailey8, will you be keeping the Win 8.1 version up to date also? I only see win 7 and win 10 at the moment.

Thanks!

Also, I was wondering do I need to uninstall the old driver version of your modified file before installing the new one?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I probably need to update the file name in future posts, the 'win 7' version of the patched driver will work on - windows 7, 8, & 8.1, the win10 driver is only for windows 10
both drivers are for 64-bit operating systems only.

The quickest way to update the driver is just download & install nvidias' official drivers and then install the patched driver over that installation. The old patched driver will be overwritten.

System Name Workstation
Processor Intel Xeon E3 1246 v3 @ 3.50Ghz
Motherboard Asus P9D-WS
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu CPU, 3 x 180mm case intakes
Memory 32GB ECC DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x nVidia GTX 780ti (Asus, EVGA) 3GB
Storage Sandisk SDSSDXP240G
Display(s) LG 34UM95
Case Silverstone Fortress FT-02
Audio Device(s) Realtek on-board
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 860W
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard IBM Model F 106
Software Windows 8.1 Pro X64 Update 1
Since we are describing where we are able to get DifferentSLI working:

It works great with my ASUS P9D-WS Mobo (Crossfire only) with two Nvidia GTX 780ti, Win 8.1 Pro.

Thanks to jbailey8 for keeping the patched drivers current.

-GG

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Glad things are running ok for you! Appreciate the support! Don't forget to also thank ember for his work too!