• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream 6 GB

System Name Diablo | Baal | Mephisto | Andariel
Processor i5-3570K@4.4GHz | 2x Xeon X5675 | i7-4710MQ | i7-2640M
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77 | HP DL380 G6 | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Cooling Swiftech H220-X | Chassis cooled (6 fans + HS) | dual-fanned heatpipes | small-fanned heatpipe
Memory 32GiB DDR3-1600 CL9 | 96GiB DDR3-1333 ECC RDIMM | 32GiB DDR3L-1866 CL11 | 8GiB DDR3L-1600 CL11
Video Card(s) Dual GTX 670 in SLI | Embedded ATi ES1000 | Quadro K2100M | Intel HD 3000
Storage many, many SSDs and HDDs....
Display(s) 1 Dell U3011 + 2x Dell U2410 | HP iLO2 KVMoIP | 3200x1800 Sharp IGZO | 1366x768 IPS with Wacom pen
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D | HP DL380 G6 Chassis | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD | None | On-board | On-board
Power Supply Corsair AX850 | Dual 750W Redundant PSU (Delta) | Dell 330W+240W (Flextronics) | Lenovo 65W (Delta)
Mouse Logitech G502, Logitech G700s, Logitech G500, Dell optical mouse (emergency backup)
Keyboard 1985 IBM Model F 122-key, Ducky YOTT MX Black, Dell AT101W, 1994 IBM Model M, various integrated
Software FAAAR too much to list
I'd like to know that as well, but mainly because I'd like to know if an aftermarket reference waterblock will fit. :)

Based on the high-res pictures, the holes look to be in the exact same positions, and the same size. The VRMs also seem to be pretty much identical too, minus some very minor placement changes to some low-heat componets..

The EVGA SC+ card on the other hand seem to be indentical to the reference card, right down to the empty pads on the PCB, so you may prefer those instead depending on availability/customer service/pricing.

The cards in question:

Reference
EVGA SC+
Palit Jetstream

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
The EVGA SC+ card on the other hand seem to be indentical to the reference card, right down to the empty pads on the PCB, so you may prefer those instead depending on availability/customer service/pricing.

Thanks for pointing that out.

In terms of silicon lottery, I suspect that the cards from EVGA aren't as much fun as the cards from other manufacturers simply because they offer binned chips in their higher tier cards (e.g. Kingpin). All the ASICs that fail the binning process for said cards had to go somewhere and I'm pretty certain that is their lower tier cards like the SC+. :rolleyes:
Maybe I'm wrong here, but thats the impression I get when I read that a company offers special binned versions of something.
Besides that, I don't particularly like EVGA as a company, especially since the rivatuner incident and how they handled it.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
So the "JetScream" nickname seems to be gone for good :)

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Right, so I learned my lesson, and no more internet ordering for me for PC components. And also, just because their policy is not to my liking, I'll never buy a Palit ever again. It's the only thing I can do, and if someone asks me if they should get Palit, I'll answer that in my opinion there are better choices out there, from the support point of view.
Gigabyte support said that the coil whine in my 980 is "acceptable". I don't think it is, but not much I can do, except perhaps not getting Gigabyte from now on.
As far as I know, EVGA are pretty good at customer support, if not the best. So, most likely, I'll get EVGA from now on and be done with it. Even if it's a bit more expensive, I'm willing to pay to have support after the purchase.

IMO - thats why I primarily avoid ebay if im on the market for new components. Unless the businesses are well established such as actually having a brick and mortar store outside of ebay then I dont mind purchasing from them. there are companies such as Dabs, Novatech, SCAN, CCL & a handful of other stores that only use ebay as nothing more than an outlet to reach other parts of the market and most of them ship internationally too. Its better to buy from a major retailer who sells on ebay then just some random ebay only retailer that can disappear at any moment.

I only use ebay if i need to source cheap secondhand parts as I know whatever im looking for probably wont have any warranty left anyway.

I hate to say it but you kind of walked into it yourself with this one. Internet ordering is OK, because if anything happens you can use Paypal or contact your bank to claim the money back if you paid for it with a credit card - some banks also cover debit cards in the same fashion.

I agree with ebays verdict/stance on the matter.

Ebay can be a great asset/tool if it is used correctly but you live and you learn.

(sorry to be an asshole if i came across that way - but life is a learning experience and in one way or another we all get burned time to time)

Hung

Can you give me the parameters for overclocking with app MSi afterburn like review ? i have gtx980ti super jetstream too