• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Processor i5 4690K
Motherboard Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10
Video Card(s) HIS R9 270X
Display(s) TC-L37X1
Case NZXT S-340
Audio Device(s) Z-5500 Optical / Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-650TX
Software Windows 8.1 Pro x64

I hope they release it soon...
At least they accept it is a System bug and not a driver one.

Quote from http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2a-95ae-7abe7b62a655?page=11&tm=1438305264896

The NVIDIA HDMI audio problem is, if I recall correctly, getting fixed in a new NVIDIA driver due out soon.
As to the DTS Interactive issue, that's on us (Microsoft), not Realtek. The fix is checked in but we need to go through the process of putting it into the update package.
ASAFP, I promise! :)
John W [MSFT]

And btw, driver updates can be disabled.

Hi,

For that problem i think this is the solution in windows 10:

- Search in the Start menu to "Change device installation settings"
- Select "No , let me choose what to do"
- Place a check mark for "Never install driver software from Windows Update
- Press "Save changes"

This is for the hardware drivers settings in your pc.

Is anyone actually working on a solution for Windows 10? I depend on the DTS Interactive dll hack for all my games, TV, and Movies. I'm certainly not going to give that core functionality I use every day. Im still not sure why an option like this isn't legitimately as a paid license from Realtek/Dolby.

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Is anyone actually working on a solution for Windows 10? I depend on the DTS Interactive dll hack for all my games, TV, and Movies. I'm certainly not going to give that core functionality I use every day. Im still not sure why an option like this isn't legitimately as a paid license from Realtek/Dolby.
Many of us feel the same.

"I would really like this feature and I'm willing to pay money for it."

"No, we don't want your money. You don't really want that anyway."

The next best alternative (although not ideal) is to spend $87 (plus tax and shipping) on an USB Asus Xonar U7 Sound Card; then, plug and play. The sound fidelity and features should be at least as good as what the realtek chipset has.

Rover1

got the solution for windows 10 download and install the realtek 32 or 64 bits R2.79 2015/6/25
and use the unlock dll for version R2.75 replace the file in system32
then use "vlc player" to play the movies and set audio to "speakers (realtek high definition audio)"and surround sound is back

Does anyone knows this:
On my windows 7 machine i have only dolby digital live enabled with my realtek. (the stock driver when i bought it) works great with 5.1 movies and games true Spdif passtrough.
This machine is also my main movie and game pc. Does this mean that when i watch a movie on it with DTS/HD as example i actually dont hear the real DTS HD sound?
As example does the movie player downgrade my sound from DTS HD to dolby digital live ? Or does this means a total different thing ?

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Does anyone knows this:
On my windows 7 machine i have only dolby digital live enabled with my realtek. (the stock driver when i bought it) works great with 5.1 movies and games true Spdif passtrough.
This machine is also my main movie and game pc. Does this mean that when i watch a movie on it with DTS/HD as example i actually dont hear the real DTS HD sound?
As example does the movie player downgrade my sound from DTS HD to dolby digital live ? Or does this means a total different thing ?

DTS HD can be up to 8 channel and is a lossless codec requiring HDMI, so if you are using a TOSLINK cable and have Dolby Digital Live enabled then it is converting the DTS HD track to compressed Dolby Digital. If you have a receiver that has HDMI input then using an HDMI cable is definitely the way to go.

Also with the HDMI your games can/will use multichannel LinearPCM so there is no need for anything like DTS:I or Dolby Digital Live.

darkspireULTIMA

got the solution for windows 10 download and install the realtek 32 or 64 bits R2.79 2015/6/25
and use the unlock dll for version R2.75 replace the file in system32
then use "vlc player" to play the movies and set audio to "speakers (realtek high definition audio)"and surround sound is back

hey i just did this on my windows 10 and all i get i silence when playing 5.1 stuff. failed to play test tone and no sound in games either. i thought this was the one like... but ill have to keep waiting. someone make a file!!!

arsalanpro

hey i just did this on my windows 10 and all i get i silence when playing 5.1 stuff. failed to play test tone and no sound in games either. i thought this was the one like... but ill have to keep waiting. someone make a file!!!
Yeah.. I tried that aswell.. Not working :(

darkspireULTIMA

its doing my head in tbh, but after a little reading, theres gonna be a service pack released next wek i think. that might fix it. apparently both microsoft and realtek are aware of the issue.

im actually really enjoying winodws 10. its seems quick... and clean, mostly.
i do love aero though.. :(

DTS HD can be up to 8 channel and is a lossless codec requiring HDMI, so if you are using a TOSLINK cable and have Dolby Digital Live enabled then it is converting the DTS HD track to compressed Dolby Digital. If you have a receiver that has HDMI input then using an HDMI cable is definitely the way to go.

Also with the HDMI your games can/will use multichannel LinearPCM so there is no need for anything like DTS:I or Dolby Digital Live.

1: so my way with Toslink is capable in true dolby digital live and normal DTS with no problem ?

2: Ok my computer is cabled with DVI-to HDMI directly to my tv and not to my receiver. So if i put the hdmi directly to my receiver then its ok ? not a problem that it is a DVI (computer) to HDMI (tv) cable?

3: Why don't i need this unlocked codecs on my pc this way ? is it because the games/movies detects it now from my 5.1 receiver instead? so he dont looks at all if i have it on stereo or dolby live or dts in my realtek settings on pc ?

Last edited:
Ugh.... This Windows 10 bug has been driving me crazy, but it just got worse... (for some of us.) I realize the optical bug in Windows 10 still isn't fixed, but we know it at least recognizes the unlocked drivers. But has anybody gotten it show the unlocked drivers without Test Mode enabled? Because the DisableProtectedAudioDG regedit hasn't worked for me in Windows 10. What sucks about this is that a recent BattleEye update for Arma games won't let you play with Test Mode enabled... :banghead: Did anybody get it to work on Windows 10 without Test Mode? (minus the bug we're waiting for them to fix...).

I tried ReadyDriver Plus to try to automatically disable driver signature enforcement on boot, but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 10 (as far as I can figure out).

Anybody have any luck (without Test Mode)?

SpiderOne

Ugh.... This Windows 10 bug has been driving me crazy, but it just got worse... (for some of us.) I realize the optical bug in Windows 10 still isn't fixed, but we know it at least recognizes the unlocked drivers. But has anybody gotten it show the unlocked drivers without Test Mode enabled? Because the DisableProtectedAudioDG regedit hasn't worked for me in Windows 10. What sucks about this is that a recent BattleEye update for Arma games won't let you play with Test Mode enabled... :banghead: Did anybody get it to work on Windows 10 without Test Mode? (minus the bug we're waiting for them to fix...).

I tried ReadyDriver Plus to try to automatically disable driver signature enforcement on boot, but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 10 (as far as I can figure out).

Anybody have any luck (without Test Mode)?
Here's what I did

Open CMD.exe making sure to run as administrator
This starts you in C:\Windows\system32 so that's good
Type "rename RLTKAPO64.dll to RLTKAPO64.dll.old"
You then should be able to drag the unlocked RLTKAPO64.dll file into system32 through File Explorer or use the copy command in CMD.exe to copy it to system32
Reboot
Done

This gives me the option for DDL and DTS but of course the test tone fails due to the current W10 bug.

But... That's not an issue I'm having. I don't have a problem with getting the file copied. You still need Test Mode on for this method, don't you?

arsalanpro

Here's what I did

Open CMD.exe making sure to run as administrator
This starts you in C:\Windows\system32 so that's good
Type "rename RLTKAPO64.dll to RLTKAPO64.dll.old"
You then should be able to drag the unlocked RLTKAPO64.dll file into system32 through File Explorer or use the copy command in CMD.exe to copy it to system32
Reboot
Done

This gives me the option for DDL and DTS but of course the test tone fails due to the current W10 bug.
did all that.. waiting for the fix now :)

SpiderOne

But... That's not an issue I'm having. I don't have a problem with getting the file copied. You still need Test Mode on for this method, don't you?
Strange the registry entry works for me. My trouble was getting the DLL into the installer to work. Didn't need test mode or anything like that.

I don't get it... No matter what I do, I cannot get it to recognize the DLL.

I can use the main method of replacing the .sys in the drivers folder (other than the current bug with dolby/dts), but that requires Test Mode.

I think I've tried everything at this point. It's just not showing up when I try the DLL method. (and yes, I fixed the name).

Last edited:

GeneralOctopusNL

Do you know what is strange? I just upgraded to W10 Pro N, installed the drivers (2.79 + the 2.
75 dll, first install 2.79 then copy the 2.75 dll) and the Dolby Digital Live! is selectable in the Realtek control panel, but playing audio doesn't work.

HOWEVER,,,,,

When I play a test tone, all the test tones sound (except for the WMA, but that's how it was on W8.1) in their respective codec.

No 5.1 trough vlc though.

SPECS:
OS = W10 Pro N
CODEC = ALC 1200
REALTEK BASE VERSION = 2.79
UNLOCK DLL = 2.75
TESTMODE = ON

Yes, it's been like that since January.

Where is the 2.75 dll anyways? or are you talking about the .sys?

or is it the same one as the 2.71 dll?

Nobody knows. They've been telling us for months that they're going to fix it. Sure would have been nice if they had fixed it in the updates the other day...