• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Confessions of a Dumpster Diver

System Name Home Rig+part time cruncher/ Cruncher 1 / Cruncher 2
Processor Xeon E3 1231 v3 / Xeon X5670 / Xeon X5670
Motherboard Asus H97 Pro / Asus X58 Sabertooth / Asus P6T
Cooling NZXT Kraken X61 / Corsair H75 / Corsair H75
Memory 2 x 8GB Avexir DDR3 1600 /
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury /
Storage Crucial BX100 250gb - WD Blue 1tb /
Display(s) AOC FreeSYNC 24" 35-75hz /
Case NZXT Noctis 450 /
Audio Device(s) Onboard SupremeFX /
Power Supply Evga 750 G2 Super Nova /
Mouse Squeek
Keyboard Steelseries Cherry Blue
Software Win7 x64
Well today its raining and cold and no work.

That usually finds me tucked away playing around with the hardware I find at my local rubbish depot.

I have been conducting this sordid activity for around 18 months now, and man, has it been good for me and

others who have been in need of an upgrade.

Let me explain my modus operandi, its sneaky stuff, produces a little free adrenalin, and it has turned into one

of the strangest `hobbies` that I have ever had - although a little nefarious.

Here in Australia, at least the area where I live, E-waste (any electrical waste) must be disposed of under the

guidlines of the Environmental Protection Agency. Basically it can`t be used as land fill as of the heavy metals

and other nasty stuff it contains, so it is all collected, stripped, shredded / crushed and then I`m not sure what

goes on after that.

So yeah, I head down to my local rubbish depot, park my ute strategically between the office and the E-waste

pile, toss out some crap (earlier gutted PC case with probably only a PSU and old IDE HDD left in it) and quick

as a flash toss in a couple of `fresh` PC cases, always black ones, the older white generic cases never contain

much of interest usually being Windows 2000 or earlier.

Why not ask the office guy if I can have the trashed PC`s ? Hey, I`ve tried, believe me. I keep getting told

I would only electrucute myself playing with that `junk` or its illegal to have it...pffff

Apart from the Evga PSU all this stuff below came from the rubbish pile

DSCN0836.JPG

I`ve pulled some great hardware at times including Core Quad cpu`s, a GTX-260 SC, lots of higher end

Core 2 duos, interesting Mobo`s with great OC abilities, network cards, monitors, some nice cases, fans, good

condition 7200rpm HDD`s, spare dvi and vga cables, usb modems, DDR2and DDR3 Ram.

An interesting Foxconn mobo below with a plethora of OC options in Bios from around 2007 - might have a lot of fun with this one today if I can find a better HSU for it

DSCN0835.JPG

So what the hell do I do with all this `junk` ?

Apart from a great learning experience for me (and can OC stuff without worrying about damaging anything)

2 kids in my neighbour now have reasonably spec`d Windows 7 desktop machines that their parents would

never have been able to afford, and other family members and friends have some nice little upgrades done to

their desktops, such as cpu and ram upgrades for free.

But best of all my system specs on the left....thats about $1800 including 1080p monitor and modem was

60% funded from selling mobo and cpu / gpu combo`s on ebay. Simply mixed and matched parts, tested

them and bam....anywhere between $50-80...all happy customers...call it recycling with benefits :p

The cpu`s below on the two dark blue lids are super ancient - started collecting them for fun

DSCN0834.JPG

I must admit, at least 70% of the PC`s I drag home end up back on the rubbish pile, the hardware is to old

to be of use, but its a small thrill to open a case and see a nice but old school GPU or some decent spec`d

Ram to put towards the current machine I`m playing around with.

Oddly enough 90% of the PC`s I grab still work. Just a matter of clearing the CMOS or swap out the

PSU or GPU, then a fresh install of Win7 and then I start adding better components that |I have lying around.

It`s a lot of fun, and nobody gets hurt. :toast:

Processor i5 750 4.2ghz 1.4V
Motherboard Gigabyte P55-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 2X2G Gskill @2140 8-11-8-28-1T
Video Card(s) 2xGainward Phantom3 570@860/4200
Storage 2xWD 500G AAKS Raid0 + 2XWD 1T Green in Raid0
Display(s) 24" HP w2408h+23" HP w2338h
Case SilverStone Raven2E-B
Audio Device(s) onboard for now
Power Supply Antec 1000W Truepower quattro
Software Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Good stuff, good work, I may give it a try myself too.

Aussies are too 'prudent' and 'lazy' over unnecessary precautions as the population is spoiled with too much care.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
A technical note: if it's illegal, should wröe discuss it here?

Anyway I want to do this so bad, but there's always employees milling around. Some stuff looks pretty fresh.

EDIT: Some companies/instances are pretty dumb. At the local uneployment office they had i5 2400 based HP machines as guest computers. The computers locked down to only work on certain homepages and nothing else. Later they were upgraded to high end AIO's. Many companies donate their old stuff to other places though, or sell it to companies refurbishing them. But many of them scrap the old machines, even if the machines are just three years old and even if they don't have any security reasons to scrap them. It's ... shameful. :shadedshu:

Last edited:

Ebo

System Name the little fart
Processor AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard MSI x470 gaming plus
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S
Memory 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 2400Mhz DDR 4
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX Vega 56 Pulse
Storage 1 Crucial MX100 512GB SSD,1 Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, 1 1,5TB WD Black Caviar, 1 4TB WD RED HD
Display(s) IIyama XUB2792QSU IPS 2560x1440
Case White Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar SE pci-e card
Power Supply Thermaltake DPS G 1050 watt Digital PSU
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software windows 10 64 pro bit
Where I live in Europe, we also recycle all our electrical stuff to stop harming the enviroment.

Ive live just about 2 miles from a collection station, and also see how many computerparts is just been thrown away which is a shame. At our station they have a small shop where people can buy working recycled stuff for a very cheap money.
They just couldnt do anything with their computer parts since the employees simply didnt have the knowledge to do so.

I asked them out there, that I would use my time for free to help finding parts and make some of the stuff work, as long as they could sell the machines for a very cheap price and also help our kindergardens, and daycare to get working machines for free.

Its quite fullfilling. I come out there once a week or if they call me, and spend a day searching tru stuff and make it work and give it away to someone that really needs it. Most of the time its midend machines, but they are perfect to use just for the internet.
I have a former employee that know his way around how to fix motherboards and laptops, so ive been trying to get him involved also and I hope he will come around and help out too:).

Processor i5 750 4.2ghz 1.4V
Motherboard Gigabyte P55-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 2X2G Gskill @2140 8-11-8-28-1T
Video Card(s) 2xGainward Phantom3 570@860/4200
Storage 2xWD 500G AAKS Raid0 + 2XWD 1T Green in Raid0
Display(s) 24" HP w2408h+23" HP w2338h
Case SilverStone Raven2E-B
Audio Device(s) onboard for now
Power Supply Antec 1000W Truepower quattro
Software Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Assemble systems and give them away for a good cause, to charity organizations or to children where parents can't afford them.
I don't see why only charity is good cause. What OP is doing improves efficiency of the said local rubbish depot, reducing waste etc. and I think he should be rewarded.

I'd like the fact that you made PCs for those kids... That justifies it in my book.
And I was expecting pictures of seriously damped up and dirty like you've lifted those out of sewers, but the look surprisingly clean.

It's not like he's going to make a fortune of ancient Pentium 4's... Maybe selling them at basic price like 10-20 bucks...

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Aussies are too 'prudent' and 'lazy' over unnecessary precautions as the population is spoiled with too much care.
I think you mean intelligent, at least most are.
Most tips have recycle centres where goods are sold and people are employed, by stealing goods you are depriving them of profits needed to keep these people in jobs.
It is also illegal to remove rubbish from refuse centres.

Case NZXT Noctis 450 /
Mouse Squeek
Software Win7 x64
No e-waste is sold / refurbished due to possible litigation if someone electrocutes themselves etc.

In fact, the last 3 companies that have trucked the e-waste to Sydney have gone out of business, the government

subsidy (EPA) is not enough to cover costs.

Other stuff is recycled on though ie chairs tables golf clubs etc

Caring1, please do some research before commenting, I take offence at be called a thief in sly way.

Technically it probably is illegal, but as I see it I`m not hurting anyone or anything and if I`ve

made a few kids happy out of trash I`ll be doing it again.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Caring1, please do some research before commenting, I take offence at be called a thief in sly way.
It seems it is you who already knows what they are doing is wrong, slyly tossing stuff into your vehicle when no one is watching, isn't that what opportunist thieves do!
The refuse recycling centres I have been to do sell untested electrical goods, perhaps the one you frequent doesn't due to the lower IQ of patrons.

Case NZXT Noctis 450 /
Mouse Squeek
Software Win7 x64
recycling centres I have been to do sell untested electrical goods

As they have to be tested and tagged by an electrician ( yes I have asked) its not worth the return or time apparently.

And seriously, calling me a thief and of low intelligence is not helpful to have an interesting discussion on the wrongs and rights

of this topic.

1) No body loses profit wise - this stuff is destroyed at a cost to our government
2) I`ve recycled some hardware - though not enough to make a difference
3) some kids have now got computers they might never had
4) call it stealing, call it what you want, it hurts no-body

Last edited:

Ebo

System Name the little fart
Processor AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard MSI x470 gaming plus
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S
Memory 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 2400Mhz DDR 4
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX Vega 56 Pulse
Storage 1 Crucial MX100 512GB SSD,1 Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, 1 1,5TB WD Black Caviar, 1 4TB WD RED HD
Display(s) IIyama XUB2792QSU IPS 2560x1440
Case White Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar SE pci-e card
Power Supply Thermaltake DPS G 1050 watt Digital PSU
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software windows 10 64 pro bit
Where I live, we take recycling seriously.

Every household have 5 dumpsters:

1 for paper
1for metal
1 for glass
1 for plastic
1 for organic( foodvaste, coffeefilters etc.)

All elektronic vaste you have to deliver at the recycle station including computerparts, batteries, tv's etc. This is the law, so everyone has to follow the line.

1 example is, trow in a battery for a handlight into a dumpster market for glass, and you will get quite a huge fine, of aprox. 100 US dollars pr. battery. If you dont pay your fine, in time the local mayors office will either setup your taxes or take the money from your salary until the fine is paid.

Here we have retail compagnies that sell refurbished IT machines for other industries which I think is great :), because you get just about 80% of the preformance of the latest for 50% of the price. That means a lot if youre in the market for 4-500 pc's for your new factory.

Our goverment has a huge goal, that 80% of all waste will be recycled in year 2025, that means industries, households, small businesses etc.

The jobs lost in the industry/retail will be created in the recycling industry for us all to benefit from. Our farmers can use some of their waste from the animals to either fertilizing or sell it to produce biogas for heating up houses, for me thats a win-win situation for all.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Greetings, fellow dumpster divers!

I've been collecting and repairing some old and not-so-old laptops, office equipment and LCD monitors for the past couple of years (mostly for fun and beer money).

There are no recycling centers where I'm from, so the only way to get free parts is to do lots of leg work, ask friends and friends-of-friends if they have any broken electronics in the garage etc.

My pile of shit hardware is considerably smaller now, than it was a week ago, but on the first picture you can still see a perfectly functional LG R500 laptop I initially bought for parts($30). After some tinkering with motherboard, cooling, and a successful transplantation of G84 chip from one video card to another I got a bad-ass office lappy with GeForce 8600M GT on board, TPM module, fingerprint reader an excellent 1680x1050 display!

... and did I also mention that you can play Portal on it?...

My "hi-end" desktop is mostly made of used components, including a bad-ass Logitech G5 mouse (picked it up with weights and cartridge in exchange for a box of chocolate candy). The mouse was broken and in bad shape internally. Some cleaning with isopropyl, USB cable replacement and few tactile switch replacements made it look and feel like new (except some wear on LMB)!

IMAG0279.jpg IMAG0280.jpg

It seems it is you who already knows what they are doing is wrong, slyly tossing stuff into your vehicle when no one is watching, isn't that what opportunist thieves do!
The refuse recycling centres I have been to do sell untested electrical goods, perhaps the one you frequent doesn't due to the lower IQ of patrons.
My brainzz hurtzz... Gimme some Ibuprofen, plz...

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
wow nice stuff, interesting since you just guess whats inside like roll the dice

maybe you could build a windows 2000 pc era and running old school apps

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Get off your high horse please. Thanks.

Processor Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard ASRock H370 Pro4
Cooling Cryorig M9i
Memory 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 3GB
Storage Crucial MX500 512GB SSD
Display(s) Dell S2316M LCD
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech M500
Keyboard Lenovo KB1021 USB
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
It's a shame to throw away hardware that's still useful. And if it's considered to be rubbish, then it isn't theft to take it, IMO. I applaud Silvertigo for reusing the equipment instead of letting it go to recycle. If more people did this, there would be a lot less e-waste to deal with.

after seeing those pictures, i'm must say i'm jalous ! I subscribe to the thrill of opening an unknown PC case and grab the valuable parts for further use (ie. build upgrade)

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I also got a collection of pc finds. ;)

System Name Half-fucked overclockedd
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k 3.40Ghz @ 4.20Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte P67 UD7 B3
Cooling Antec Kuhler H2O 920
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8GB X2 1866Mhz (Model F3-2133C9D-16GXH)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti Extreme Edition
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB / Western Digital Black Cavier 2TB X2
Display(s) Dell U2715H 2560X1440
Case NZXT Phantom
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W
Mouse Logitech G510
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur Spectrum
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
You, sir, is a living example of people who deeply appreciates hardware components, saves the environment and share it with people who need them. Your hobby generates LOL (lots of love) from people around you.

I wish to give you a hug.:toast:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Nostalgic anecdote time!

When I was about fifteen, I took a year off before going to high school. I visited a friend from the old school in "the city" (which meant it had about 10k people in it), we played Starcraft most of the time as I recall. We also visited a guy who attended that high school as well. Now this guy had a two room apartment with a nice kitchen. The latter was filled with dirt dishes, and in a cupboard he had some bread in a plastic bag. The bread was moldy, as it's want to be, so this guy sprayed some water on it, stuffed it in the bag and threw it at the back on the cupboard "to see what would happen". He was that sort of guy.

The living room was stacked with computer components, it looked like my room but ... more So much more. In the corner stood a Chieftec tower (Chieftec in europe, other names in other places, iconic case any way) blasting some what I then thought was exciting metal. You know early 2K random crap metal. Pure crap. Anyway, these stacks were actually stacks. I remember one stack of motherboards was about as tall as me (a bit less than 6 feet at the time). My friend needed a fan, he was given one that had clipped of the finger tip of the guy with what I now know was HIM symbols on his trousers (yes). Then some friends to this dude arrived, it was saturday night and time for some fun. Which meant they fired up some computers and set up a cluster in Linux. Why? Because. Then the sent lots and lots of voltage across electronic components just for fun.

Then we went in a car, I don't remember what car it was (I have a vague memory of brown), and took of to the local recycling center, climbed over a fence and started digging through dumpsters. Some watchers came, we hid. At this point it might be worth knowing I was raised on a farm deep in the woods far away from anything and had never done ... anything. I was (is) shy, I was often considered weird, I just didn't (don't) know what to do around people. A follower even if my intellect is technically very high. And there I was, hiding from guardsmen (not the cops obviously, but in my head it was very serious). They went away, we climbed over the fence and went home to the guy - who was currently dragging quite a few yards of CAT5 cable - down a very steep hill in the dark.

And such is my only experience in dumpster diving. At home we just burned everything. Tires makes good fire once they burn.

@Ebo Same here in Sweden about recycling, generally speaking. Good idea about going there and asking them about doing some work there! Unfortunatly there is a sort of "recycling center" which is owned by the city, but they have nothing to do with the actual recycling centre. It's more like goodwill, and you used to get all kinds of things there, but the interesting things are getting few and far between. I seriously considered purchasing a rack-worth of DEC hubs and old, old switches at one point, but didn't. :( They used to have decent Core 2 based systems but they asked too much for them IMO.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Can I move in with you and join you on these adventures? Think of all of the ancient WCG rigs we can make!

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling U12A + T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex

Hey, you should put those CPUs in a nice box, lined with a towel as I do. You can show 'em to people "look at my CPU collection!" :)

Seriously, I thought I was the only one breathing new life into LGA775 motherboards and CPUs :D Kudos to you man, I never recycle electronics parts either because many recycling centers are irresponsible and will send my parts off to some poverty-stricken city in my motherland to poison the kids who disassemble them (old computers), or because I have space to safely store them without their batteries (phones). The old computers are split between my friends to tinker around with, and the office as spare, perfectly usable and refurbished towers. The most powerful one armed with the Q8200 made the cut as my home server.

Goddamnit I never had the opportunity to look for old CPUs to supplement my collection; all the dumpsters here are filled with decaying meat products whose stench can be detected for miles, and that's why my CPU collection is only 14 strong

Last edited:
System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
You aren't a relative of junkbear by any chance are you? I could have sworn this was going to be one of his threads.