• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

darkspireULTIMA

@sebin If your MB have compatible Realtek chipset.

From HERE we can read thath Windows 10 have already built in Dolby Digital Plus, Maybe someone can try to use it instead of Dolby Digital?

iv been looking at that, and ater searching it iv came to some webtes that are going on about audio drivers like beta drives from realtek.. gonna have a go at these and ill let you know

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
@sebin If your MB have compatible Realtek chipset.

From HERE we can read thath Windows 10 have already built in Dolby Digital Plus, Maybe someone can try to use it instead of Dolby Digital?
Dolby Digital Plus is not Dolby Digital Live.

Assassin_Moder

@spoonhandle I tested my device with Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Live, Dolby True Sound (DTS) and all works fine so all we need to wait for is DDP and check it out.

DDP should work in new MS Edge. Here is a DEMO (works only in Edge) But I get only some audio and decoding error message.

EDIT:
I found something about DDP coding HERE

EDIT 2:
Here is shown that Realtek have DDP on/off option but still DDL/DD won't work
LINK

Last edited:
System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
@spoonhandle I tested my device with Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Live, Dolby True Sound (DTS) and all works fine so all we need to wait for is DDP and check it out.

DDP should work in new MS Edge. Here is a DEMO (works only in Edge) But I get only some audio and decoding error message.

EDIT:
I found something about DDP coding HERE

EDIT 2:
Here is shown that Realtek have DDP on/off option but still DDL/DD won't work
LINK

DTS is not "Dolby True Sound" it is Digital Theater Systems so has nothing to do with Dolby; DTS is a competitor of Dolby.

DDP works on the Edge Browser just as a DVD/BluRay encoded with Dolby Digital works. It is pre encoded and doesn't need anything special to work but a decoding device such as a surround sound receiver.

Dolby Digital Live on the other hand takes ALL computer audio being produced and live encodes it to Dolby compressed audio which a decoder then processes. It is typically intended to be used while playing games so that the game's multichannel audio can be output on a TOSLINK cable in Dolby Digital (via Dolby Digital Live)

This entire thread is about Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive being unlocked on Realtek onboard sound cards. Dolby Digital Plus is not anything that needs to be unlocked because it is independent from the sound card capabilities as the audio is already encoded in Dolby Digital; there is nothing to wait for with Dolby Digital Plus. The Windows 8.1 Netflix App also supports Dolby Digital Plus.

Hopefully this helps clarify what you are dealing with.

EDIT: you'll notice in the link you provided in the audio settings it says "which of the following formats is your DIGITAL RECEIVER able to decode?" That test works because Dolby Digital is pre-encoded in the test audio and transmitted. The process of Dolby Digital Live encoding all audio to Dolby Digital on the fly is what's broken at the moment in Win 10.

Last edited:

Michael Nyary

I had installed windows 10 with a fresh hd about a week ago and wanted to workaround for the Dolby Digital Live. I performed all the steps (again) thanks to Spoon handle's video (who also posted right above me here, thanks for the awesome video man!). No output from DDL because of the windows 10 issue. Didn't notice the Windows 10 disclaimer in the youtube video even though its the first thing and is in caps until after i did the whole thing, haha. Patiently waiting for the latest and greatest regarding the Windows patches. Thanks for all the great work guys!

i've installed
"A1 - RLTKAPO64.dll - R279 - Dolby Digital Live + DTS Interactive + Dolby Home Theater + DTS Neo"
on win 7 ultimate x64.
everything works as it should except dts neo pc.
"film mode" or "music mode" nothing has any effect on sound.
normally mono must switch from fr/fl to the center speaker but it still comes out of fl/fr.

please fix and please make good xp hacks with enabled dts neo pc

Last edited:

ufoludekcrezy

Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 - 32/64 bit - R2.79 A1/M1:
Code:
http://rghost.net/6RfCvqBY9
Instructions inside README.txt
Thanks to 2bad for original modified drivers. Made using R2.79 original files.

For Windows 10 DTS/DDL bug, wait for official patch for by Microsoft.
Is not work for me :(
help :>

zeeshan nasir

I had the same problem with windows 10. Try 2.93 that worked for me in windows 8 and I presume it should work for windows 7 as well.

windows 10 dont have:
dolby digital live
dolby home theater with prologic iix
dts connect
dts neo pc

maybe a dolby digital plus decoder but that can be done with nearly all other modern decodera too.

p.s.: anybody here has 100% working dts neo pc with any of the drivers?
i tried nearly all hacked versions and none gave me working dts neo pc. :(
its there you can move the slider u can enable/disable it on the analog outputs settigs pane but doesnt affect sound.

sad that dolby and dts are doing so much $$$ crap with theese kindergarten audio techniques.
every multi channel audio output on this planet should do multichannel upmix from stereo 4 free. :)

Last edited:

Screemer

acutually i am only interested in using sb mb2/3 to get cmss-3d for my headphones. is it really working with the realtek chips on win7/10. how is the quality compared to a real creative card? haven't found an answer to that question. searched this thread and the web.

darkspireULTIMA

acutually i am only interested in using sb mb2/3 to get cmss-3d for my headphones. is it really working with the realtek chips on win7/10. how is the quality compared to a real creative card? haven't found an answer to that question. searched this thread and the web.

wrong forum bro, were after the dolby live through optical.. thats it mate

darkspireULTIMA

ddl and dts, is pretty much sorted for windows 7, i used it myself using the methods on this forum to get it to work, however it will not work on windows 10. i have tried the lot and now im gonna wait.. patiently... as should we all

1st, stay away from Win10 until some things are sorted (been testing it since January)

2nd, good job on the DTS drivers (not quite as good as XFi-Titanium HD DTS that actually maps 5.1 properly)

Thanks for sharing such awesome work, I was just about to buy a dedicated sound card for my PC so I can enjoy my games with surround sound.
I just signed up here to say thank you, unfortunately though I am one of the Windows 10 users who can't do anything but wait for a bug fix from Microsoft.
Anyway, I still have a question as I am not familiar with that.
Will I be able to get surround sound via HDMI (which I already have in use) or will I definitely need the optical output? If the latter, I need a new sound card anyway because I don't have an optical out on my mainboard right now, which would make the whole thing here obsolete for me.

That's how I have everything connected:
PC -> HDMI -> TV
TV -> Optical -> surround system

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
I haz a realtec on-board sound card and also has a EXTREMA setting for volume.

Will this hacked version get me louder sound over this?

SpiderOne

I picked up an Asus Xonar DX and it works fine for DDL output. Fairly sure the Creative's work as well.

darkspireULTIMA

That's how I have everything connected:
PC -> HDMI -> TV
TV -> Optical -> surround system[/QUOTE]

but wouldnt you just get 2.0 stereo from the tv using the optical?