• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Games with benchmark/mods for automated stress testing GPUs

fenyasotetben

Hi!

I have to stress test vga cards, whether the freezes or not. Suddenly, I don't have the possibility, to play the games, so I need new games, what can run automated. These games must be very hardware demanding (it's not problem, if the card can run it with very low fps).
I found some games with built-in benchmarks (batman arkham city, total war), but these runs only 1-2 minutes. I'm looking for games, what can run automatically at least 20-30 minutes, or much longer. It's good, if it automatically replays the benchmark, or with user mods, they run.
Now I use FF14 Heawensward benchmark, Stalker benchmark, Unigine Valley, Furmark, but they are not perfect, because I saw cards runing these perfectly for hours, but some games crushed quickly (what may be other problem, or the card's problem).
Please suggest me some games!

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
wow
chill out and take it a little slower.
first fill in your sys specs http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/account/specs
then give some more info about those freezes you see. doest it happen with every game or it is with only one game. do you get any error messegas. when screen freezes do you hear sound or it also freez.
what is version of your vga drivers.

fenyasotetben

wow
chill out and take it a little slower.
first fill in your sys specs http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/account/specs
then give some more info about those freezes you see. doest it happen with every game or it is with only one game. do you get any error messegas. when screen freezes do you hear sound or it also freez.
what is version of your vga drivers.

It's not a certain card. I want to use it in my work, because I get gpu's (only the gpu's, not the whole configurations), and the users tells the problems. There's a lot of easy problems, like doesn't show anything, but some of them are like, freeze in some recent games. I have to try it, whether the gpu is faulty or the problem is something other (hardware incompatibility, software problem...) I can't play the games, so, I need to find an automated method for some new demanding dx11 games or benchmark to run and use the gpu's like, when somebody plays on it.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
OCCT ( not a game ) will push a GPU or\and CPU to it's max usage, although use at your own risk. I use it very rarely normally on a new system or if having a issue with games running.

3DMark typically pushes a system to about what the system is more likely to use, which is another program i use for that purpose.

fenyasotetben

Thanks, i will try it out. I used 3dmark in the past, nowdays usually Unigine Valley, Heavensward, Furmark, although, a new game would be better, because
(1) usually, clients plays on these cards, so, a game is closest to another game, to find out, whether the card has any problem or not
(2) a client more easily accepts, that not his gpu is bad, if a game run on it than a special program, what he wouldn't use
(3) I tried a gpu, where U. Valley and Furmark ran with the most powerful settings for 5-6 hours perfectly, and after I tried a not too hardware-demanding dx9 game (on a good test config, with the bad gpu) and it crashed after 10 min.

System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
metro game benchmarks you can set the number of repeats from 1 to 99 i think

I used to test my system in real world conditions by using UT2004 or UT3 with no-player mod, Excessive mod and just let the game to roll on its own, bots fighting with eachother and you just spectating the thing. Similar can be done using Flak arena mutator and mods that give you option to alter how flak canon shrapnel ricochet, giving them more than 1 bounce. This puts quite heavy stress on CPU since it has to calculate a lot of physics. The Excessive mod makes sure game is stressful graphics wise.

CS:GO works in a similar way. Setup a game with lots of bots, highest difficulty and graphics quality and it'll stress the system nicely in a real world kind of way. The synthetic torture tests seem to behave too artificial and they don't really reflect the real system stability. They are usually overdone. They are good if you want absolute unconditional reliability, but for most cases, gamers don't need that, they need highest clocks where system doesn't crash in real world usage. Which never involves CPU being utilized at 100% on all cores and threads cycling same data over and over. Same goes for GPU's.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
use metro 2033 or LL, it will push your GPU, you can customize the heck out of it, and it'll run for a VERY long time.

the benchmarks are in the game directory.