• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Not super pleased with Asus

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Code:
Dear XXXX,
I have further endorsed your case to our Headquarter and I was advised that we can process a new RMA for the motherboard to be replaced. We can process an advanced replacement for your device which means that we will be sending you a replacement motherboard which is not a brand new one but our refurbished units are new and made for warranty replacement purposes.

I have already confirmed from our Repair Facility that there is a stock that we can send as soon as you have filled out the APS Forms needed for us to proceed with the Replacement. You will need to fill out the APS Forms and submit it online and it will take 24 to 48 hours for us to have it processed, then a replacement unit will be shipped out. You will have 14 days to return the defective unit back to ASUS for you not to be charged. As soon as we have received the original motherboard, it will take 10 business days to further evaluate that it’s free from any physical damage and the amount that we have put on hold on your credit card will be released. It would depend on your bank when it will show that it has been credited.

You do have a second option if you do not want to put an amount on hold on your Credit Card, that would be to send the motherboard back to our Repair Facility and as soon as we have received the motherboard, it will be replaced and I would assure you that the replacement board will perform to its full functionality. I will also be providing an expedited shipping label to minimize the travel time of your device.

Please let me know the option that would suit you best for us to have your concern resolved.Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care

Well that was a faster response than I had anticipated. I dont know how I feel yet about
replacement motherboard which is not a brand new one but our refurbished units are new and made for warranty replacement purposes.
it almost sounds like they just fix up boards like mine test them and toss them in a pile meanwhile giving users parts with different SNs to make requests for new parts like mine 'fulfilled'. Does anyone have experience with this? Im going to opt for option 2 because there is no fucking way im giving them my CC number the last thing i want is $140 or w/e being held on my card for upto atleast 10+ days.

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk D4
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 5x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Keyboard Deathstalker Pro
Sounds like a standard practice me. People have this belief that when they RMA something be it a motherboard, video card, PSU, or hell even a part for your car, the manufacturer will replace it with brand new components or parts. That is not the case at all. Having worked in a service center and being one of those who actually reads the fine print of warranty agreements, they generally follow the wording of...... repairs/replacements may include refurbished/repaired components or otherwise stated to bring products to a like-new and working condition.

After the first RMA on a product they generally will disregard the S/N as you generally do not get the original item back unless you are talking a laptop or complete system unit.

The hold for an advanced RMA is standard too, as long as you send the defective or otherwise faulty product back within 30 days, they do not charge you.

I have never had a hold put on my bank account or CC for RMA until after 30 days.

Manufacturer has to fix or replace product to other which is without any issues. It doesn't have to be new one. However in case of more expensive components, manufacturers are usually fixing them.
In my MVG, ASUS replaced CPU socket even though there was 1 burned pin , 2 bent and 1 or 2 missing. I guess that in case of ROG products they care some more about customers.
My last ASUS RMA took 5 weeks. No info what they fixed. At first ( after 3 weeks waiting ) they said that board is working perfectly fine. When I sent them really detailed description ( board simply didn't want to start ) then suddenly they found issues and fixed them in 1 day. After that I still had to wait 2 weeks till I got the board back.

System Name Rainbow
Processor Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC
Cooling Corsair H115i, 2x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Memory G. Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity
Storage 2x Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | 2xHGST Deskstar 4TB 7.2K
Display(s) Samsung C27HG70
Case Xigmatek Aquila
Power Supply Seasonic 760W SS-760XP
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 4 trillion points in GmailMark, over 144 FPS 2K Facebook Scrolling (Extreme Quality preset)
I got what appeared to be a brand new Corsair keyboard back from my RMA. I think it may have helped that I had the original box, original bags, and even original twisty ties saved in case this happened.
Kept the RMA process simple. "Three LEDs have died, two more are dying, attached is my invoice from Amazon and a photo of the dead/dying keys." It was pretty painless.

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
I got what appeared to be a brand new Corsair keyboard back from my RMA. I think it may have helped that I had the original box, original bags, and even original twisty ties saved in case this happened.
Kept the RMA process simple. "Three LEDs have died, two more are dying, attached is my invoice from Amazon and a photo of the dead/dying keys." It was pretty painless.

Consumable items like this are rarely if ever replaced with a refurb, since the refurbs basically don't exist or aren't worth the cost of refurbishing.

Reactions: xvi
General rule-of-thumb on computer part RMAs: expect a fixed/refurb part back. If you do happen to get a new item back, consider yourself lucky. Smaller stuff usually gets a new item back, but bigger stuff, generally no. I sent a literally 40 day old hard drive (as in I had it for 40 days, not 40 days from the DOM) back on a 5-year warranty and got a refurb back.

Reactions: xvi

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
WEll arent we beating a dead horse? The thread is about the situation not my preconceived notion on how an RMA should go, so no thank you. meanwhile its been a few days since I responded, I asked how much would be put on my card as a hold. I'm sure they must be looking into it since I have yet to receive a response. but it was the weekend so hopefully i hear back soon.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Code:
Dear XXXX,
I have further endorsed your case to our Headquarter and I was advised that we can process a new RMA for the motherboard to be replaced. We can process an advanced replacement for your device which means that we will be sending you a replacement motherboard which is not a brand new one but our refurbished units are new and made for warranty replacement purposes.

I have already confirmed from our Repair Facility that there is a stock that we can send as soon as you have filled out the APS Forms needed for us to proceed with the Replacement. You will need to fill out the APS Forms and submit it online and it will take 24 to 48 hours for us to have it processed, then a replacement unit will be shipped out. You will have 14 days to return the defective unit back to ASUS for you not to be charged. As soon as we have received the original motherboard, it will take 10 business days to further evaluate that it’s free from any physical damage and the amount that we have put on hold on your credit card will be released. It would depend on your bank when it will show that it has been credited.

You do have a second option if you do not want to put an amount on hold on your Credit Card, that would be to send the motherboard back to our Repair Facility and as soon as we have received the motherboard, it will be replaced and I would assure you that the replacement board will perform to its full functionality. I will also be providing an expedited shipping label to minimize the travel time of your device.

Please let me know the option that would suit you best for us to have your concern resolved.Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care

Well that was a faster response than I had anticipated. I dont know how I feel yet about it almost sounds like they just fix up boards like mine test them and toss them in a pile meanwhile giving users parts with different SNs to make requests for new parts like mine 'fulfilled'. Does anyone have experience with this? Im going to opt for option 2 because there is no fucking way im giving them my CC number the last thing i want is $140 or w/e being held on my card for upto atleast 10+ days.

I actually don't mind Refurbed items, and many times even seek them out for sale. The reason is most refurbs have greater quality control due to smaller numbers, whereas mass-produced items only 1 out of every "X" gets checked. I've had great luck with refurb quality. My current motherboard is a refurb RMA, in fact, and has lasted twice as long as the initial purchase at least.

Processor Intel Core i5 i5-4690K
Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula Intel Z97
Cooling Corsair h100i
Memory 16 gig corsair vengeance pro
Video Card(s) Msi gtx 980 oc 5g
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Case Corsair air 540
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1
Asus customer support stinks big time I recently bought the maximus formula vii watch dog edition, when it arrived the game code had expired and the Bluetooth and wireless attachment the wires had broken off. When I called them to see where I stood they foobed me off to the supplier and the supplier did exactly the same and told me to call asus.. Overall poor customer support and quite a expensive motherboard

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
Threatening the manufacturer with legal action for the ludicrous things they do only works if they are based around the country you live in. If they're halfway across the world in Taiwan, they simply don't care for your threats and probably don't (or pretend not to) speak proper English.

I've bought only MSI (H81I), GB (Z97MX G5 / H81M-S2PV) and ASRock (Z77 E3) and all of these boards are chugging along just fine. If I have to RMA, I have faith in all of them to do it properly (albeit a bit less for ASRock). I've heard way too many RMA horror stories with Asus motherboards, and specifically AM3+ to bother to buy their boards.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Had trouble with ASUS products in the past, most notably their laptops (2 of them), while a much older Toshiba el-cheapo laptop is still going strong after over 8 years of frequent use.

I have never really understood why people favor ASUS as a brand when they go shopping, Asus has been easily and constantly surpassed (price/quality wise) by MSI and Gigabyte, heck even Biostar is making strides these days and that's saying alot. Just recently my parents bought an Asus convertible, let's see how long that one holds up.

But then again, there are lots of companies that have really dropped the ball these days, but at least they scaled down their pricing along with that. Not so with Asus.

About after sales and support, the best Asus has done for my laptop was referring me to a help yourself-youtube video to replace a part, the only thing they didn't literally tell me was to go fuck myself.

Scratch one Asus customer here :)

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Well it has all finally come to an end. I received the board back from Asus on Monday. I have put it through multiple tests and it has been running fine. The full unedited email correspondence is below. The day they received my mobo the first time was 06/19/2015 I received my board back after reflow on 06/29/2015 I opened a ticket for a faulty fix on 06/30/2015 my refurbished replacement that tested fine arrived on 08/03/2015 I responded back after stress testing on 08/05/2015.

Total time without a working board was 46 days.

Code:
Hello Jhamaica,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have tested the board and everything is working great. I can now move forward with the machine assembly and prepare it for 24/7 operation.

I appreciate the time and patience you have had with me, I would also like to convey that you have been a fantastic contact to deal with at Asus.

Though I am not happy the situation took place I am happy you did your best to resolve the issue. Thank YOU for a job well done Jhamaica please have a ncie day!

-XXXXXXXXX

---------- Original Message ----------
To:XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-08-04 21:20:01

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

It shows here that the replacement device has already been delivered last 8/3/2015 with a FedEx tracking number of XXXXXXXXX.

The device has been tested and passed all the benchtest before it has been sent out, please don't hesitate to contact us back if you will have any other issue.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care

Sent : 7/29/2015 12:27:46 PM
To : "techsupport@asus.com"
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:<TSD> Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]

[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]

Hello Jhamaica,

My address is

XXXXXXXXX

Thank you
-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-29 04:43:09

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

It has been noted, your device has been delivered to our Repair Facility. A 
replacement unit has been located to be tested before it will be sent out.

Can you please verify your shipping address for us to make sure that it will be 
delivered without delay.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/28/2015 4:01:47 AM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: 
Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I never received a mounting bracket from my original RMA the first time. I had to 
purchase one. 

I did not leave it on the board when I sent it back this time for PCI-E issue. I do not 
have an original one to provide as the board did not have one on it when I received it 
the first time.

Even if I were to have included the one I purchased it was not the original that had 
come with the board and may have caused issue.

Regards,

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-28 02:50:59

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

I apologized for the previous email however can you please verify if the mounting 
bracket that you are referring to is the original mounting bracket or the one that you 
have purchased?

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/25/2015 6:00:22 AM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA
(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I have not included anything with the motherboard. I did remove the CPU mounting 
bracket however, Since it can be returned. I hope this is not a problem. I should have 
asked first. Otherwise I have not included any accessorizes.

Have a nice night
-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-25 03:34:23

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

No worries, I have made all the necessary changes on the RMA so there will be no 
issue by the time that it will be keyed-in.

Just a question, have you included any accessories with the motherboard since the 
motherboard that you should have sent.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/24/2015 11:03:19 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : 
Did not Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX
Dear Jhamaica,

I have shipped the motherboard back with the label provided which includes RMA# 
XXXXXXXXX on it and the RMA checklist which needs to be included in the 
packaging according to the RMA instructions also has RMA#XXXXXXXXX on it. This 
will not be a problem will it? 
I appreciate the note to test the board before shipment. Thank you and have a nice 
day.

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-24 22:08:48

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

I have deleted the RMA#XXXXXXXXX and created a new RMA for us to replace the 
motherboard as soon as we received it in our Repair Facility.

The new RMA# is XXXXXXXXX, your original board is scheduled to be delivered on 
7/28/2015, I have requested for the replacement board to be tested before it will be 
returned.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/22/2015 4:48:43 AM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not 
Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I would not like a hold put on my card I will send the board back and wait for another 
one. Thank you for your time.

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-22 03:21:11

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

The estimated Cross ship hold amount is $100.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed with the Advanced RMA or would you 
like to settle with the other option.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/18/2015 10:20:31 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive 
cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

would you happen to know the amount that would be put on my card for hold?
Date:2015-07-17 01:28:15

Dear XXXXXXXXX,
I have further endorsed your case to our Headquarter and I was advised that we can 
process a new RMA for the motherboard to be replaced. We can process an 
advanced replacement for your device which means that we will be sending you a 
replacement motherboard which is not a brand new one but our refurbished units 
are new and made for warranty replacement purposes.

I have already confirmed from our Repair Facility that there is a stock that we can 
send as soon as you have filled out the APS Forms needed for us to proceed with the 
Replacement. You will need to fill out the APS Forms and submit it online and it will 
take 24 to 48 hours for us to have it processed, then a replacement unit will be 
shipped out. You will have 14 days to return the defective unit back to ASUS for you 
not to be charged. As soon as we have received the original motherboard, it will take 
10 business days to further evaluate that it’s free from any physical damage and the 
amount that we have put on hold on your credit card will be released. It would 
depend on your bank when it will show that it has been credited.

You do have a second option if you do not want to put an amount on hold on your 
Credit Card, that would be to send the motherboard back to our Repair Facility and 
as soon as we have received the motherboard, it will be replaced and I would assure 
you that the replacement board will perform to its full functionality. I will also be 
providing an expedited shipping label to minimize the travel time of your device.

Please let me know the option that would suit you best for us to have your concern 
resolved.Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care

Sent : 7/15/2015 7:59:56 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler 
mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

Please do I look forward to your decision.

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-15 05:26:27

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

I will need to check on all the videos that you have provided for me to reevaluate your 
concern.

My apologies for all the difficulties that you are experiencing with the product and rest 
assured that we will be providing the best resolution on your concern.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/11/2015 9:04:32 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I hope you are doing well this evening. Let me answer your questions in a 
straightforward way.

I have tested the motherboard outside of the chassis. In Fact I have NOT put the 
motherboard in a chassis since I received it from RMA and I have ONLY tested the 
machine on a test bed. More on this later.

I have tried 3 different graphics cards. 2x Asus 8500GT cards and a brand new MSI 
GTX750. None of these cards could display video in PCI-E x16 slot number 1. 

For clarification I have taken the motherboard to my shop and recorded 2 different 
videos to help visualize the problem I am having as well as dispelling any doubts you 
may have to the authenticity of the complaint.

These 2 videos are located here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94JC3kTt6UU

The second is located here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBthcMgn1-Y

If you cannot see them clearly or at all please allow time for youtube to proccess 
them. They were recorded in HD. Please also notice the stock AMD mount bracket I 
had to purchase to test the machine.

For even further history and clarity of this motherboard issues here is a link to the 
original RMA PDF I provided to the RMA center.

https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T041GE50S-F07B8206M/download/rma_checklist.pdf

Since testing the motherboard after its return I can confirm the instability is gone. 
However as previously mentioned the mounting bracket which was stock was not on 
the board upon its return. Further more the PCI-E slot now does not function.

Here are some still pictures taken of the unit in daylight one in particular is the 
memory test passing.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_005.jpg

The others are of the motherboard itself for authenticity and of the stock replacement 
bracket I had to purchase.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_003004.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_010.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_011.jpg

This is a close up of the PCI-E slot that does not function this one is x16 electrically

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_009.jpg

Additionally the machine also passes prime95 CPU stress test and showed no sign 
of instability after 30min.

Here are some screen shots of the machine itself doing a small gpu render test with 
both GPU-Z and CPU-Z confirming that the second pci-e slot will only run in x4 mode.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/Untitled504.png

and the GTX750 here

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/Untitled2.png

This is further backed up by the specifications page to the motherboard itself located 
here.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/specifications/

As you can also see in the above videos the card will only work in the black slot.

I have also flashed the bios as you have asked. twice in fact. Since I have received 
the board. In the video at this time you can see the revision number 2601. Which is 
the newest bios available for the board. As per the download located on the product 
specification page here.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/HelpDesk_Download/

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/2601.png

I appreciate your time in helping with my situation. I understand you may not work in 
the RMA dept, I do however appreciate your attempt in rectifying this issue. I would 
like to be forward with you. I have many PCs and many years of experience building 
them. This system will be running 24/7 when it is complete. However had ?I been a 
regular consumer and this was my only system I would be worried and seriously 
inconvenienced at this situation. I appreciate your attention to detail and 
thoroughness but I would like to state that while I am happy with your help thus far 
personally Jhamaica I am not very pleased with the RMA department. If at all 
possible given the fact that this machine must run for prolonged periods of time in 
the future I would like to request a NEW replacement board if at all possible. If I 
absolutely must have this one reconditioned AGAIN I would like to have expedited 
shipping if possible. Have a nice night.
Regards,
XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-11 04:48:25

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

Have you tried to take the board out of the chassis just to check if there is any 
grounding issue on your chassis? Have you tried to put in another graphics card or 
any other device on that particular PCI-E slot? Have you tried updating your BIOS just 
to make sure that this is not the one that is causing the problem?

The mounting bracket that you have purchased, is it working?

Please send me back an email ASAP for me to make all the necessary arrangement.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/8/2015 1:07:47 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

No I am referring to the stock one that came mounted to the board. This has taken a 
long time and I have bought a second stock mount bracket to test the motherboard 
with until I can get this resolved. 

Unfortunately in doing so I have come to realize the board will not detect GPUs in the 
first PCI-E slot. HOWEVER It will post using the second PCI-E slot or the PCI slot. 
This is completely unacceptable. I did not send the board in the first time for a PCI-E 
problem and now the board has come back with that not functioning. Here is a link to 
the pictures.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150708/WP_20150629_006.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150708/WP_20150629_005.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150708/WP_20150629_003.jpg

I have also taken the liberty of sending them directly to techsupport@asus.com 
through my mail client. 
Date:2015-07-08 02:12:37

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

Can you please provide me a picture of the board showing the BIOS that is not 
seated properly as well as the cooler mount bracket that is missing from the board?

Are you referrring to your own cooler mount bracket?

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/1/2015 5:32:20 PM
Subject : Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello,

I appreciate the assistance and await your findings. 
Date:2015-06-30 23:06:38

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

We appreciate your time in reaching Escalations and I would like to personally 
express my deepest apology for all the inconveniences that you have had with ASUS.

I will go ahead and check on all the contacts that you have had with ASUS and I will 
get back to you as soon as it would be available.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 6/30/2015 12:28:49 AM
Subject :  Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount      
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX
Apply date : 2015/06/30 00:28:49(UTC Time)
[Contact Information]
Name : XXXXXXXXX
Email Address : XXXXXXXXX
Phone Number : XXXXXXXXX

[Product Information]
Product Type : Motherboard
Product Model : M5A97 R2.0
Product S/N : XXXXXXXXX

[Comment]
Subject : Did not Receive cooler mount
Topic : 2. Service Quality
Description : 
I just had my motherboard sent back to me from RMA. The board now does NOT 
HAVE the cooler mount bracket or screws. my RMA#: XXXXXXXXX Please advise on 
what to do! The BIOS chip was also NOT SEATED correctly!

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Well it has all finally come to an end. I received the board back from Asus on Monday. I have put it through multiple tests and it has been running fine. The full unedited email correspondence is below. The day they received my mobo the first time was 06/19/2015 I received my board back after reflow on 06/29/2015 I opened a ticket for a faulty fix on 06/30/2015 my refurbished replacement that tested fine arrived on 08/03/2015 I responded back after stress testing on 08/05/2015.

Total time without a working board was 46 days.

Code:
Hello Jhamaica,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have tested the board and everything is working great. I can now move forward with the machine assembly and prepare it for 24/7 operation.

I appreciate the time and patience you have had with me, I would also like to convey that you have been a fantastic contact to deal with at Asus.

Though I am not happy the situation took place I am happy you did your best to resolve the issue. Thank YOU for a job well done Jhamaica please have a ncie day!

-XXXXXXXXX

Date:2015-08-04 21:20:01

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

It shows here that the replacement device has already been delivered last 8/3/2015 with a FedEx tracking number of XXXXXXXXX.

The device has been tested and passed all the benchtest before it has been sent out, please don't hesitate to contact us back if you will have any other issue.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care

Sent : 7/29/2015 12:27:46 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:<TSD> Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]

[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]

Hello Jhamaica,

My address is

XXXXXXXXX

Thank you
-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-29 04:43:09

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

It has been noted, your device has been delivered to our Repair Facility. A
replacement unit has been located to be tested before it will be sent out.

Can you please verify your shipping address for us to make sure that it will be
delivered without delay.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/28/2015 4:01:47 AM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:
Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount 
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I never received a mounting bracket from my original RMA the first time. I had to
purchase one.

I did not leave it on the board when I sent it back this time for PCI-E issue. I do not
have an original one to provide as the board did not have one on it when I received it
the first time.

Even if I were to have included the one I purchased it was not the original that had
come with the board and may have caused issue.

Regards,

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-28 02:50:59

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

I apologized for the previous email however can you please verify if the mounting
bracket that you are referring to is the original mounting bracket or the one that you
have purchased?

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/25/2015 6:00:22 AM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA
(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I have not included anything with the motherboard. I did remove the CPU mounting
bracket however, Since it can be returned. I hope this is not a problem. I should have
asked first. Otherwise I have not included any accessorizes.

Have a nice night
-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-25 03:34:23

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

No worries, I have made all the necessary changes on the RMA so there will be no
issue by the time that it will be keyed-in.

Just a question, have you included any accessories with the motherboard since the
motherboard that you should have sent.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/24/2015 11:03:19 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) :
Did not Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX
Dear Jhamaica,

I have shipped the motherboard back with the label provided which includes RMA#
XXXXXXXXX on it and the RMA checklist which needs to be included in the
packaging according to the RMA instructions also has RMA#XXXXXXXXX on it. This
will not be a problem will it?
I appreciate the note to test the board before shipment. Thank you and have a nice
day.

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-24 22:08:48

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

I have deleted the RMA#XXXXXXXXX and created a new RMA for us to replace the
motherboard as soon as we received it in our Repair Facility.

The new RMA# is XXXXXXXXX, your original board is scheduled to be delivered on
7/28/2015, I have requested for the replacement board to be tested before it will be
returned.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/22/2015 4:48:43 AM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not
Receive cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I would not like a hold put on my card I will send the board back and wait for another
one. Thank you for your time.

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-22 03:21:11

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

The estimated Cross ship hold amount is $100.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed with the Advanced RMA or would you
like to settle with the other option.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/18/2015 10:20:31 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive
cooler mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

would you happen to know the amount that would be put on my card for hold?
Date:2015-07-17 01:28:15

Dear XXXXXXXXX,
I have further endorsed your case to our Headquarter and I was advised that we can
process a new RMA for the motherboard to be replaced. We can process an
advanced replacement for your device which means that we will be sending you a
replacement motherboard which is not a brand new one but our refurbished units
are new and made for warranty replacement purposes.

I have already confirmed from our Repair Facility that there is a stock that we can
send as soon as you have filled out the APS Forms needed for us to proceed with the
Replacement. You will need to fill out the APS Forms and submit it online and it will
take 24 to 48 hours for us to have it processed, then a replacement unit will be
shipped out. You will have 14 days to return the defective unit back to ASUS for you
not to be charged. As soon as we have received the original motherboard, it will take
10 business days to further evaluate that it’s free from any physical damage and the
amount that we have put on hold on your credit card will be released. It would
depend on your bank when it will show that it has been credited.

You do have a second option if you do not want to put an amount on hold on your
Credit Card, that would be to send the motherboard back to our Repair Facility and
as soon as we have received the motherboard, it will be replaced and I would assure
you that the replacement board will perform to its full functionality. I will also be
providing an expedited shipping label to minimize the travel time of your device.

Please let me know the option that would suit you best for us to have your concern
resolved.Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care

Sent : 7/15/2015 7:59:56 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler
mount  [ID=XXXXXXXXX]     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

Please do I look forward to your decision.

-XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-15 05:26:27

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

I will need to check on all the videos that you have provided for me to reevaluate your
concern.

My apologies for all the difficulties that you are experiencing with the product and rest
assured that we will be providing the best resolution on your concern.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/11/2015 9:04:32 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount 
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

I hope you are doing well this evening. Let me answer your questions in a
straightforward way.

I have tested the motherboard outside of the chassis. In Fact I have NOT put the
motherboard in a chassis since I received it from RMA and I have ONLY tested the
machine on a test bed. More on this later.

I have tried 3 different graphics cards. 2x Asus 8500GT cards and a brand new MSI
GTX750. None of these cards could display video in PCI-E x16 slot number 1.

For clarification I have taken the motherboard to my shop and recorded 2 different
videos to help visualize the problem I am having as well as dispelling any doubts you
may have to the authenticity of the complaint.

These 2 videos are located here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94JC3kTt6UU

The second is located here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBthcMgn1-Y

If you cannot see them clearly or at all please allow time for youtube to proccess
them. They were recorded in HD. Please also notice the stock AMD mount bracket I
had to purchase to test the machine.

For even further history and clarity of this motherboard issues here is a link to the
original RMA PDF I provided to the RMA center.

https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T041GE50S-F07B8206M/download/rma_checklist.pdf

Since testing the motherboard after its return I can confirm the instability is gone.
However as previously mentioned the mounting bracket which was stock was not on
the board upon its return. Further more the PCI-E slot now does not function.

Here are some still pictures taken of the unit in daylight one in particular is the
memory test passing.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_005.jpg

The others are of the motherboard itself for authenticity and of the stock replacement
bracket I had to purchase.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_003004.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_010.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_011.jpg

This is a close up of the PCI-E slot that does not function this one is x16 electrically

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/WP_20150711_009.jpg

Additionally the machine also passes prime95 CPU stress test and showed no sign
of instability after 30min.

Here are some screen shots of the machine itself doing a small gpu render test with
both GPU-Z and CPU-Z confirming that the second pci-e slot will only run in x4 mode.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/Untitled504.png

and the GTX750 here

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/Untitled2.png

This is further backed up by the specifications page to the motherboard itself located
here.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/specifications/

As you can also see in the above videos the card will only work in the black slot.

I have also flashed the bios as you have asked. twice in fact. Since I have received
the board. In the video at this time you can see the revision number 2601. Which is
the newest bios available for the board. As per the download located on the product
specification page here.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/HelpDesk_Download/

http://img.techpowerup.org/150711/2601.png

I appreciate your time in helping with my situation. I understand you may not work in
the RMA dept, I do however appreciate your attempt in rectifying this issue. I would
like to be forward with you. I have many PCs and many years of experience building
them. This system will be running 24/7 when it is complete. However had ?I been a
regular consumer and this was my only system I would be worried and seriously
inconvenienced at this situation. I appreciate your attention to detail and
thoroughness but I would like to state that while I am happy with your help thus far
personally Jhamaica I am not very pleased with the RMA department. If at all
possible given the fact that this machine must run for prolonged periods of time in
the future I would like to request a NEW replacement board if at all possible. If I
absolutely must have this one reconditioned AGAIN I would like to have expedited
shipping if possible. Have a nice night.
Regards,
XXXXXXXXX
Date:2015-07-11 04:48:25

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

Have you tried to take the board out of the chassis just to check if there is any
grounding issue on your chassis? Have you tried to put in another graphics card or
any other device on that particular PCI-E slot? Have you tried updating your BIOS just
to make sure that this is not the one that is causing the problem?

The mounting bracket that you have purchased, is it working?

Please send me back an email ASAP for me to make all the necessary arrangement.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/8/2015 1:07:47 PM
Subject : Re:Re:Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount 
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello Jhamaica,

No I am referring to the stock one that came mounted to the board. This has taken a
long time and I have bought a second stock mount bracket to test the motherboard
with until I can get this resolved.

Unfortunately in doing so I have come to realize the board will not detect GPUs in the
first PCI-E slot. HOWEVER It will post using the second PCI-E slot or the PCI slot.
This is completely unacceptable. I did not send the board in the first time for a PCI-E
problem and now the board has come back with that not functioning. Here is a link to
the pictures.

http://img.techpowerup.org/150708/WP_20150629_006.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150708/WP_20150629_005.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/150708/WP_20150629_003.jpg

I have also taken the liberty of sending them directly to techsupport@asus.com
through my mail client.
Date:2015-07-08 02:12:37

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

Can you please provide me a picture of the board showing the BIOS that is not
seated properly as well as the cooler mount bracket that is missing from the board?

Are you referrring to your own cooler mount bracket?

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 7/1/2015 5:32:20 PM
Subject : Re:Re: Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount 
[ID=XXXXXXXXX]     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX]
Hello,

I appreciate the assistance and await your findings.
Date:2015-06-30 23:06:38

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

We appreciate your time in reaching Escalations and I would like to personally
express my deepest apology for all the inconveniences that you have had with ASUS.

I will go ahead and check on all the contacts that you have had with ASUS and I will
get back to you as soon as it would be available.

Thank you.

Jhamaica P
ASUS Customer Care
Sent : 6/30/2015 12:28:49 AM
Subject :  Satisfaction-USA(EN) : Did not Receive cooler mount     
[CASEID=XXXXXXXXX
Apply date : 2015/06/30 00:28:49(UTC Time)
[Contact Information]
Name : XXXXXXXXX
Email Address : XXXXXXXXX
Phone Number : XXXXXXXXX

[Product Information]
Product Type : Motherboard
Product Model : M5A97 R2.0
Product S/N : XXXXXXXXX

[Comment]
Subject : Did not Receive cooler mount
Topic : 2. Service Quality
Description :
I just had my motherboard sent back to me from RMA. The board now does NOT
HAVE the cooler mount bracket or screws. my RMA#: XXXXXXXXX Please advise on
what to do! The BIOS chip was also NOT SEATED correctly!

WOW what a load of bollocks, i be thinking twice before having any thing from them.

Thanks for the update

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
46 days. Shit.

Consider the total price of that service request for Asus, all those e-mails sent and the time spent. Ridiculous! They could have sent you another motherboard for that money.

I also work in customer service, be it on the phone, but a single phone call from a customer with a service requests costs, on average, about 8-10 euro. Do the math :O

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
46 days. Shit.

Consider the total price of that service request for Asus, all those e-mails sent and the time spent. Ridiculous! They could have sent you another motherboard for that money.

I also work in customer service, be it on the phone, but a single phone call from a customer with a service requests costs, on average, about 8-10 euro. Do the math :O

Keep in mind it's all out sourced, so it's more like $1.50 USD. They also screw you by making you pay shipping.

System Name Ick
Processor i7 4790k
Motherboard MSI Gaming 5
Cooling BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) (2x GTX 970 SLI) ditched due to NVidias lack of support/major stuttering
Storage 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T
Case Lain-Li X2000F real glass window
Power Supply Antec Signature SG-850
Software Win 10pro 64bit
I've been avoiding Asus for a while now due to similar issues. I had an Asus i55 Sabertooth that is labelled on the box, motherboard, website etc as being a Tuf series board with the logo etc. so according to their own info it has a 5 yr warranty. It stopped working with a PCIe lane issue after just 4 yrs, so spent months literally trying to get it fixed just to have them say, yes its defective, but only has a 3 yr warranty! I showed them their own website, documents etc etc saying otherwise but it was like talking to a wall, so never got it fixed.
Of all the computer items in the past 10 yrs I've had fail, most by far have been Asus. I avoid them now for myself, family and customer builds with service like that...

System Name Modest Box
Processor i5-4690K @ 4.7 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z97-C
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Ares DDR3-2400 16GB
Video Card(s) Colorful GTX 950
Storage OCZ Vertex 460A 480GB
Display(s) HP w2558hc
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Gigabyte 750W Gold
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
Oh great. I have a dead LAN on my Z97-A and am going to send it in. Hopefully they won't try to deny it over the broken PCI-E retention clip. Or take until Christmas to send it back.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Oh great. I have a dead LAN on my Z97-A and am going to send it in. Hopefully they won't try to deny it over the broken PCI-E retention clip. Or take until Christmas to send it back.

gods speed

System Name Modest Box
Processor i5-4690K @ 4.7 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z97-C
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Ares DDR3-2400 16GB
Video Card(s) Colorful GTX 950
Storage OCZ Vertex 460A 480GB
Display(s) HP w2558hc
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Gigabyte 750W Gold
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
Just bought a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H to replace it. When/if the ASUS gets fixed and returned I'll sell it.