• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] My Simple Rig

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
I voted 4/10 because:

please dont take offense but that is the ugliest htpc setup i have ever seen. first off you need a different case. something small that is unobtrusive, not something that takes up an entire desk. also get rid of all the lights, it is distracting when trying to watch the television youve set it up near. the goal of an htpc is to have something that blends in with your current AV setup and that DOESNT look like a computer. just my two cents.

jcmarfilph

I voted 4/10 because:

please dont take offense but that is the ugliest htpc setup i have ever seen. first off you need a different case. something small that is unobtrusive, not something that takes up an entire desk. also get rid of all the lights, it is distracting when trying to watch the television youve set it up near. the goal of an htpc is to have something that blends in with your current AV setup and that DOESNT look like a computer. just my two cents.

Hehe thanks dude..

at least you voted my rig as "Fair" enough... ^_^

By the way, ive setup it two ways (look at the picture)

on the right side it is intended as normal case, I love lights but it is not distracting my view on the LCD. I can control the luminosity or brightness via Sunbeam panel, I just want my Scythe Ninja's lower part (heatpipes) to be shiny in red. A little light so I can have a clear view of the inside. QuadLED Fan doesnt distract too.

On the left side, no lights distracts my view on the TV. As long as I can Dual-View or extend my desktop on the TV, watch movies, karaoke.

Cheers! ^_^

jcmarfilph

P.S.: Just one tiny question: how much space is there between the outermost part of the Ninja (without the fan) and the 5.25'' trays? If you only had to bend the trays because of the 2.5cm depth fan, I might just get by with a 14-inch case (1 inch is around 2.5cm, but usually the fan ends up higher than the cooler... Just wondering...)

Yup 2.5cm enough I guess if youre planning to put long optical drive. I bent about 10cm of the 5.25bay's right side...

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
ahh cool i do like how you can change it up depending on how you using it. i didnt mean to be hateful or anything cause having an HTPC rig is nice, especially one as powerful as yours.