• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
Technically yes if it an OEM copy on your current PC. And you build a new PC you will have to buy a new copy of Windows 10.
But Ive done many board changes with an OEM copy and worse case I called MS and did the automated activation.
So that should work.
The OEM license does cover board changes as long as its the same board. You just have to call.

If your thinking about upgrading to Windows 10.
There have been some glitches that need to get worked out.
Have a back up or your original copy of windows, image, recovery partition in case it fails.
If your not prepared for a clean install then don't do the upgrade.

Dunno about this anymore jet, Windows 10 keys look awfully generic to me. The one in About Computer is basically a string of zeros and the other one from Jelly Bean Keyfinder doesn't look too unique either.

I don't even remember seeing an activate by phone option in Win 10. Maybe the system works its magic and still works via that method, maybe it doesn't. With Windows 10 I didn't think that there were that many glitches, just that the OS is kind of bare because MS intends to add stuff to it as we go along. Very sparse.

System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Motherboard Msi z270 titanium
Cooling Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16gb (2x8gb) corsair LPX vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte gtx 1080ti
Storage 1tb Samsung SSD, 4tb Seagate HDD, 8tb Seagate HDD
Display(s) Dell 23" ST 2310 60hz 1080p monitor
Case Cooler Master H500M
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 headphone
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 850. 850W
Mouse Regular mouse
Keyboard Regular keyboard
Software Windows 10 64 bit

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
I think Windows 10 it is worth the upgrade.

The first Win 10 drivers for both my onboard Realtek Lan and Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty pci sound card released today, 8-18-15. So yes, it is NOW worth the upgrade. :clap:

Last edited:
System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
The serial is generic but the license is linked to your HWID

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Just finished a clean install of 10 Pro. Thanks to R-T-B. First did a fresh install of Vanilla Win7(My old 7 always stuck using the upgrade). Then I used the disk to upgrade it to Win10 Pro. After it is activated, I sanitized the SSD and did a fresh install using the disk again. Once it connected to internet Win10 reactivated without any problem. Clean install is definitely good.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Dark Hero
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 32 GB Trident Z Neo 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Palit 3090 Gaming Pro
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500gb Nvme, Samsung: 860 2tb SSD x2, 870 1tb, sandisk 4tb
Display(s) Asus PG32uq
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Rog Chakram Core
Keyboard Tuf Gaming
Software Win 11 64bit

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Retro gamers, no; current and future games, yes. Microsoft killing DRM for the sake of security is a massive nail in physical DRM's coffin.

Retro gamers, no; current and future games, yes. Microsoft killing DRM for the sake of security is a massive nail in physical DRM's coffin.

Hate to burst your bubble here, but be realistic.
1) DRM is not being killed by MS.
2) Securom only from a few games is causing the compatibility issues, and what has been in the news.
3) Securom has been poison for years. Newer DRM schemes are just as bad, only they still work on Windows.

What MS has done for gamers, with respect to Windows 10, is either poison old gaming or make promises it has no way to yet keep. While I applaud the admission that Securom is so bad as to be a security flaw, its hardly is the death of DRM. I'll still take Windows 7 and customer education (or just not buying anything from EA) above the lofty promises and assumptions people are making about Windows 10.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Hate to burst your bubble here, but be realistic.
1) DRM is not being killed by MS.
2) Securom only from a few games is causing the compatibility issues, and what has been in the news.
3) Securom has been poison for years. Newer DRM schemes are just as bad, only they still work on Windows.
1 & 2) Disc-based DRM is from what I gather. SecuROM is capable of disc and online checks so those titles that rely solely on disc activation aren't working. PC gamers have been pleading for the end of disc activation for a long time and this move by Microsoft makes removal of disc DRM mandatory.
3) The new model relies on store DRM like Steam and Origin. This model of DRM is constantly getting updates and, as long as the platform itself isn't abandoned, I don't see those updates stopping. They're not great and DRM-free (see GOG) is much better but the enforcement of a one game per logged in user policy is acceptable to most.

EA is a hero here to some extent because many games that had SecuROM are redeemable on Origin (may require contacting Customer Service).

1 & 2) Disc-based DRM is from what I gather. SecuROM is capable of disc and online checks so those titles that rely solely on disc activation aren't working. PC gamers have been pleading for the end of disc activation for a long time and this move by Microsoft makes removal of disc DRM mandatory.
3) The new model relies on store DRM like Steam and Origin. This model of DRM is constantly getting updates and, as long as the platform itself isn't abandoned, I don't see those updates stopping. They're not great and DRM-free (see GOG) is much better but the enforcement of a one game per logged in user policy is acceptable to most.

EA is a hero here to some extent because many games that had SecuROM are redeemable on Origin (may require contacting Customer Service).

I'll acquiesce to improvements from MS. At the same time, who sells physical discs?

DRM employed by Steam and Origin can be just as terrible. I'm thinking Anno 2070 (still having activation limits in the last couple of years, WTF?). I'm thinking Spore (still sold on Steam BTW). Disc requiring DRM is finally dead, but it's like getting a participation ribbon in a marathon. You did finally manage to complete the race, but only significantly after the race has functionally been over for quite some time. Steam and Origin, combined with the inability to resell games because of DRM, has made computer gaming functionally independent of discs for years. I think the last game I got on disc was Skyrim, and that game decided to download via Steam rather than use the disc (yeah, you can force it in settings, but it really highlights just how useless discs are).

As far as EA offering digital downloads for older customers, I think it's a wash. Yes, you get your old games on a new service, but at the same time the service is Origin. I may be the only person stubborn enough to still be this way, but EA hasn't earned enough trust to get me to install their platform on anything I own. Between terrible business decisions, atrocious assumptions about the customers, treating us like money filled pinatas, and destroying studio after studio I can't see anything they do as purely good, because the other shoe drops too soon. The cynic in me says EA is inflating their Origin user base by "giving" people access to games they've purchased.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'll acquiesce to improvements from MS. At the same time, who sells physical discs?

DRM employed by Steam and Origin can be just as terrible. I'm thinking Anno 2070 (still having activation limits in the last couple of years, WTF?). I'm thinking Spore (still sold on Steam BTW). Disc requiring DRM is finally dead, but it's like getting a participation ribbon in a marathon. You did finally manage to complete the race, but only significantly after the race has functionally been over for quite some time. Steam and Origin, combined with the inability to resell games because of DRM, has made computer gaming functionally independent of discs for years. I think the last game I got on disc was Skyrim, and that game decided to download via Steam rather than use the disc (yeah, you can force it in settings, but it really highlights just how useless discs are).

As far as EA offering digital downloads for older customers, I think it's a wash. Yes, you get your old games on a new service, but at the same time the service is Origin. I may be the only person stubborn enough to still be this way, but EA hasn't earned enough trust to get me to install their platform on anything I own. Between terrible business decisions, atrocious assumptions about the customers, treating us like money filled pinatas, and destroying studio after studio I can't see anything they do as purely good, because the other shoe drops too soon. The cynic in me says EA is inflating their Origin user base by "giving" people access to games they've purchased.

EA is doing whatever they can to inflate their Origin user base. How about the free giveaways of old games? It fits in perfectly. And the whole SecuRom deal is nice, but you're basically trading horse poo for cow shit because you get Origin in return. And the cherry on the cake is EA's response to the data mining within Origin not too long ago.

I'm with you bro. Origin: not in a million years.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

You obviously did not read my link in the other thread about DRM on PC Gaming Wikihttp://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam. You tout Steam and Origin as the only DRM for games on those platforms. Not true, and that was the point of those articles. There are games you download from both those platforms that have Securom and Stardock as well as others. Pretty nifty, huh? Steam and Origin aren't real quick to tell yu that, are they?

Some of those games with Securom you can redeem on Origin? Well, get ready....the digital versions of Crysis and Crysis Warhead have not had Securom removed. It still installs on your computer.That's just an example.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I'm thinking Anno 2070 (still having activation limits in the last couple of years, WTF?).
uPlay

I'm thinking Spore (still sold on Steam BTW).
SecuROM 7

Steam and Origin, combined with the inability to resell games because of DRM, has made computer gaming functionally independent of discs for years.
Both of those are a subscription service. You're not buying software (something that is resalable), you're buying rights to use someone else's software. It's effectively what they were trying to achieve with disk activation in the first place.

Some of those games with Securom you can redeem on Origin? Well, get ready....the digital versions of Crysis and Crysis Warhead have not had Securom removed. It still installs on your computer.That's just an example.
Now that Microsoft acted, we'll have to see how EA (and others) respond, if at all. Microsoft has effectively thrown a gauntlet down and it will flood technical support with complaints about the game not working on Windows 10. It's going to translate to a lot of refunds and, failing that, a lot of BBB complaints. EA (and others) will be forced to make a decision between pulling the product from their store or removing the underlying DRM. Time will tell...

If it looks like I'm defending DRM, I apologize. I hate DRM as much as the next guy. I'm just optimistic...

Last edited:
uPlay

SecuROM 7

Both of those are a subscription service. You're not buying software (something that is resalable), you're buying rights to use someone else's software. It's effectively what they were trying to achieve with disk activation in the first place.

Now that Microsoft acted, we'll have to see how EA (and others) respond, if at all. Microsoft has effectively thrown a gauntlet down and it will flood technical support with complaints about the game not working on Windows 10. It's going to translate to a lot of refunds and, failing that, a lot of BBB complaints. EA (and others) will be forced to make a decision between pulling the product from their store or removing the underlying DRM. Time will tell...

If it looks like I'm defending DRM, I apologize. I hate DRM as much as the next guy. I'm just optimistic...

Perhaps I've missed the comparison here. When have we bought computer games in the last decade? I can't remember a single one that allowed any online connectivity, and was actually resellable. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but every single EULA I've read through in the last decade has always said that you don't own the software, only the rights to use it. I'm pretty clear on the original Starcraft and Warcraft having that, in the late nineties.

MS is killing physical DRM, but nothing else. They're killing off old Securom based games, because it's a security risk. These things are...not exactly harming DRM.

My point is that MS didn't move to kill physical DRM in any form. What they did was make programs that call home, without any regards for the user, something that their new OS wouldn't natively support due to the security risk. You can still play these games with a no CD crack (assuming you can find a download source). What they've done is finally agree that digital distribution, wherein you actively decide to call home, is the future of DRM. Anything that can fit within these borders (looking at you WB Studios, and your craptastic DRM choices) is still allowed, and realistically with most software being download only what did MS accomplish? They completed the DRM race years after Steam and Origin made physical copies a functional relic.

Those that support DRM still have the ability to put whatever they want into games. Those against DRM still have GoG. The only people MS influenced with this either don't have a decent internet connection (no downloading), or stopped buying games in the early 2000's but still keep up to date on operating systems. I can't really say that either of these demographics exist, because games are a luxury purchase. MS offering the free upgrade to Windows 10, that comes with the price of older games being shut out, isn't exactly a step forward for games. This is why I took issue for you saying Windows 10 is an improvement for gamers.

Our DRM policy seems to be similar. Assuming your customer is a thief, before even selling them anything, is backwards. CD Projekt Red prove that point every day with the Witcher, yet that's not what MS is pushing for. MS is pushing for closing their platform a little bit more, under the auspices of increased security. While I don't want DRM, it isn't a genuinely good thing for gamers to lose history, or a reason to upgrade to Windows 10. I'll agree with your optimism about this being an initial action in ongoing changes to DRM, but I've been around too long to believe that companies like EA and Valve would ever overlook profits to treat customers with respect when they've got a near monopoly.

Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Cant figure out how. For the life of me

I have Heaven benchmark Icon on my desktop. How can I add it to my start menu/metro
Its not located under the programs list

Ive noticed this with some older programs. I need more control over my start/programs lists

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
You can always install ClassicShell start menu and likely it'll be there. Works great with Win10 if you want a more Win7-style Start Menu. Also you can go to the Start Menu file structure and add things:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

That should get you there. So if that program is missing, you should be able to add it, and it should pop up on the Win10 menu if you need it there. Otherwise, just pin it to start and use it as a tile, I've grown to like the start menu tiles for commonly used items, otherwise I usually stash shortcuts in folders on my desktop. We all do things a little differently.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I've also been checking out Start 10 by Stardock. It gives you a number of options on the start menu, including going back to W7 style, as well as other control measures and changes to the whole desktop.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX 1.1
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Memory 2x 32GB Fury DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) 2x Dell U2412M
Case Phanteks P400A
Audio Device(s) Hifimediy Sabre 9018 USB DAC
Power Supply Corsair AX850 (from 2012)
Software Windows 10?
well i went from 10fps (DX11) to 19fps (DX12) by upgrading to windows 10 and running Ashes Benchmark in High/1080p (FX-8350, HD 7970, 32GB DDR3, 512GB SSD)
people that say windows 10 suck for games should wash their mouth

Cant figure out how. For the life of me

I have Heaven benchmark Icon on my desktop. How can I add it to my start menu/metro
Its not located under the programs list

Ive noticed this with some older programs. I need more control over my start/programs lists
Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

well i went from 10fps (DX11) to 19fps (DX12) by upgrading to windows 10 and running Ashes Benchmark in High/1080p (FX-8350, HD 7970, 32GB DDR3, 512GB SSD)
people that say windows 10 suck for games should wash their mouth
When did AMD release DX12 drivers?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Windows 10 drivers are WDDM 2.0/DirectX12...so beginning of August.

Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

I see no such option?

And Im running DX12. But I don't think the 7970 is. I'm really not even sure the 780 is

So the Heaven shortcut has no "Pin to start" option

And another issues I'm having is Firefox web print is all jacked up. The scaling is off. Ether too big or too small

EDIT: I figured out the Heaven issue. Its not an application its a batch file

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
"Direct3D feature level: 11_0"

You're running DirectX 12 (that's all Windows 10 has after all) but the card is effectively running at Direct3D 11.0 spec. To run Direct3D 12 spec, it has to support feature level 12.0 or greater.

Windows 10 drivers are WDDM 2.0/DirectX12...so beginning of August.
Hmmm OK. I killed my 7950 the other day after spilling a coffee cup on on top my case...my own fault, Using an old FireGL 3100 so yeah not gaming much atm. :p

I switched back to 7 just before RTM...last straw was when disabling UAC prevented Metro apps from running. Imho MS turned a decent OS into something which is now worse than Vista.......