• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I am now officially razer blade-bald. Wanted to do it for ages, finally drank enough wine to do it.

sinead o connor pics pls.

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
watch his next week in gaming vids on npu :p

Speaking of which, I'm working on this week's video tonight and getting all the recording done. Everyone can see the new do on Saturday morning.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
Would it be ok for me to drop by once in a while? Will be spending 90% of my time in Bristol for the next 3 years (@RCoon knows) and perhaps even longer after that, maybe I'll settle down, maybe the Tory gov will want me out. If so, don't add me to the list; I'm not a Brit and am not worthy.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Would it be ok for me to drop by once in a while? Will be spending 90% of my time in Bristol for the next 3 years (@RCoon knows) and perhaps even longer after that, maybe I'll settle down, maybe the Tory gov will want me out. If so, don't add me to the list; I'm not a Brit and am not worthy.

I'd say you're more than welcome, being a free and accepting country and all.

Plus that means you get an invite to TPU UK christmas parties. There's usually just two of us :D

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Plus that means you get an invite to TPU UK christmas parties. There's usually just two of us :D

But Nathan..... I thought it was more romantic with just the two of us. (nohomo) ;)

Anyway - I think i might of over did it at the gym on tuesday Having some serious lower back pain so had to call in sick!

Funny thing is i was absolutely fine after gym on tuesday evening, but wednesday was like being stabbed with a molten lava pick axe

Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Mouse roccat burst pro
Software windows 10

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Mr RCoon - have you been touring Turkey? Saw this in Bodrum and thought of you:

And yeah, saw the Syrians slumming it there. Probably even saw the young (dead) boy that's now all over the press. Mr Cameron - go fuck yourself, you deluded, detached degenerate.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
And yeah, saw the Syrians slumming it there. Probably even saw the young (dead) boy that's now all over the press. Mr Cameron - go fuck yourself, you deluded, detached degenerate.

Im not saying Im for or against taking in more refugee's

But you have to think of it this way..... Given the shambles that is our immigration system, How many more immigrants people can we take? We can always trade places with the Polish and Romanians here that do nothing but beg for money, sleep rough and steal from supermarkets to feed themselves. but how long will it take for immigration or UK border force to round them all up and deport them?

Public services are already under a lot of stress because of the massive influx of illegals entering the UK, though thats only one of the many problems that are plaguing the system but still never the less plays a part on how stretched the services are.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
RANT TIME :)
Roll on the Referendum on Eu Membership
the whole EU is falling to bits
what with the budget crises now immigration and Refuge's
Even Die hard Member States are thinking of reneging on parts of the EU Constitution
Some States are thinking of re instituting border controls ( Against schengen treaty Agreement ) because they cannot control their border
Member states saying we must admit refugee's and take a fixed quota of ( not going to happen)
governments turning a blind eye to asylum rules which state you must claim asylum at the 1st safe country you enter ( is not Greece Spain italy france Safe countrys )and allowing asylum seekers to travel to their prefered country to claim asylum usualy germany and UK.

To much to rant on about and not enough space JUST HAVE THAT REFERENDUM SOON

PS The contractor that built the Berlin wall are they still in buisness if so there is a big job available in SE Europe open for tender

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
PS The contractor that built the Berlin wall are they still in buisness if so there is a big job available in SE Europe open for tender

I think the Chinese will do a better job - they kept the mongolian's out!

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
What we generally fail to see is that these 'immigrants' are displaced casualties of conflict. A whole generation of conflict the democratic west has mistakenly started by trying to 'help' barbaric backwards Muslim countries become democratic.
Our culture is not fully compatible with certain other cultural belief systems and by helping 'impose' western style democracy on feudal and sectarian states has only accelerated a phenomenal state of civil decay and religious fervour.
We should have walked away a long time ago. I know its not black and white but what is better? A despot that kills thousands of his own people but keeps a country stable on fear or a country ripped apart by sectarian hatred and in doing so begins seeding domestic and foreign terror?
The current stats for Iraq's civilian death rate is horrific. How is this any better than a tyrant who kills his own? Is morality dictated by who does the killing?

Is freedom worth the human cost? Democracy is not a Muslim cultural norm. Nor is democracy at all fair. Pseudo communist China is no democracy but its civilians by and large support the government or at least accept the political process.

But back to immigration. Freedom, where is your lineage? My own has Italian blood. How many Britain's have foreign descendants? When do we close our doors to humanity? How many hospital beds or food packages can the annual bonus of one fucking London banker buy?

This is why I give away my 2nd hand gfx cards. I despise wealth and the selfish accumulation of it. Especially when we gouge out our own eyes to spare us the guilt of the human catastrophe our blatantly obscene foreign policy has caused.

Now THAT'S a rant. We're not British, we're human. Just like that dead boy used to be.

dorsetknob

My understanding of Islam that it is a compassionate Religion ( supposed to be a )
So why are these Refugee's coming to Europe ( Generaly a Christian Community ) and not to the Muslim OIL RICH GULF STATES where they share a common religion and world perception and can afford to look after these Refugee's

Picture says it all
This cartoon was published in Saudi Makkah newspaper

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
So why are these Refugee's coming to Europe ( Generaly a Christian Community ) and not to the Muslim OIL RICH GULF STATES where they share a common religion

Sunni versus Shia versus Salifism versus Kurd versus many other sectarian differences.

Why can't the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland just get on? Islam is not ONE wholesome family. The Sunni's (biggest state being Saudi) generally don't like the Shia (down to a difference in who was the rightful 'descendant' from Mohammed to preach Islam). Shia are seen as heretics. Iran is Shia. IS is Sunni (why Iran hates IS). Also, the Saudi's are massively racist and intolerant. But they have oil and that's why the US (and UK) supported them.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
A whole generation of conflict the democratic west has mistakenly started by trying to 'help' barbaric backwards Muslim countries become democratic...A despot that kills thousands of his own people but keeps a country stable on fear or a country ripped apart by sectarian hatred and in doing so begins seeding domestic and foreign terror?
The current stats for Iraq's civilian death rate is horrific. How is this any better than a tyrant who kills his own? Is morality dictated by who does the killing? Pseudo communist China is no democracy but its civilians by and large support the government or at least accept the political process.

But back to immigration. Freedom, where is your lineage? My own has Italian blood. How many Britain's have foreign descendants? When do we close our doors to humanity? How many hospital beds or food packages can the annual bonus of one fucking London banker buy?

I agree with your sentiments, but I would like to point out that the last 7 years have seen a more hands-off approach from Western countries than we had witnessed during the first decade of the 21st century. It's true that Iraq has been in shambles ever since the Coalition invaded and attempted to set up their own "legitimate" government, but there are examples of other countries that have taken their own initiative (perhaps not without a little encouragement on the side from the Western powers/former Eastern bloc, but still, on their own initiative) in trying to overthrow the systems of government that they have been so accustomed to.

Syria and Iraq are not the best candidates since both Assad and Hussein were members of the minority ruling elite that did not represent the demographics of their respective countries. On the other hand, Afghanistan is a perfect example. King Zahir Shah and the country's first PM, Mohammed Daoud, both led Afghanistan on the slow path of reform. From 1964 (the year that the Shah's constitution came into play) to 1978 (the year Daoud was overthrown by the communist coup), Afghanistan had been attempting to modernize, with the construction and operation of its first universities, with technologies brought in from abroad. Although you obviously couldn't vote the King or the "PM" out of office, there was very little Islamic influence in the laws of a traditionally Islamic country, and they had an albeit slow-moving Parliament too. Hafizullah Amin, on the other hand, basically the chief architect of the communist coup and the PDPA, was educated in the United States. The US did not provide support for him, since the Shah and Daoud regimes were favourable to the West. He educated himself on Marxist principles and infiltrated the Afghan army, where he instigated the coup of 1978.

This wasn't a popular revolution. Virtually everyone save for the people in the PDPA opposed this new communist movement, because they could have had everything under Daoud (who was killed by the PDPA during the coup). On the other hand, people saw hope in Daoud and they called King Shah (who self-exiled during Daoud's coup to give Afghanistan a few more years of peace) "Baba" right up until his death in '07. 37 years later, having fought the PDPA, the Soviets, and those who were formerly their "fellow" mujahideen but turned into Hekmatyar's militants and the Taliban, Afghans just don't want to fight anymore. When they have nothing left to put up a resistance, not even the world's most advanced armed forces can turn the country around. The moderates like Massoud and Haq have all been assassinated save for Karzai (who also had a few close calls) and all that's left is Karzai on one side and all the now-extremist mujahideen era warlords like Hekmatyar (was the one reason why Afghanistan couldn't achieve peace after 1979, now designated a terrorist) on the other.

So, true, Western powers ought to stop interfering where they shouldn't (Syria especially, let the SAA and their Russian equipment do the work), even though the plight of the Syrians is horrific. Islamic State isn't going to be the next Taliban; they're going to be far worse than anything we've ever seen. However, those Islamic countries aren't all so barbaric as they're made out to be. Saudi's super racist, Iran's still poor as hell and somewhat stuck in the "revolutionary" mindset, Iraq has Muslims killing Muslims everywhere, and Afghanistan is just a breeding ground for poverty and a recruiting center for the Afghan/Paki Taliban and ISIS, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them barbaric. They've demonstrated that an effective government can lead them to modernization and social reform, but they've yet to find one.

TLDR: the government systems that those Muslims come up with are really shitty and never last, but they're not too barbaric.

My understanding of Islam that it is a compassionate Religion ( supposed to be a )
So why are these Refugee's coming to Europe ( Generaly a Christian Community ) and not to the Muslim OIL RICH GULF STATES where they share a common religion and world perception and can afford to look after these Refugee's

Most of the general populace in Syria is Sunni, but Saudi Arabia couldn't give less of a damn about them. They're poor, desperate but Saudis are rich and confident. A little bit like white Christians persecuting black Christians in the United States.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
I agree with your sentiments, but I would like to point out that the last 7 years have seen a more hands-off approach from Western countries than we had witnessed during the first decade of the 21st century. It's true that Iraq has been in shambles ever since the Coalition invaded and attempted to set up their own "legitimate" government, but there are examples of other countries that have taken their own initiative (perhaps not without a little encouragement on the side from the Western powers/former Eastern bloc, but still, on their own initiative) in trying to overthrow the systems of government that they have been so accustomed to.

Syria and Iraq are not the best candidates since both Assad and Hussein were members of the minority ruling elite that did not represent the demographics of their respective countries. On the other hand, Afghanistan is a perfect example. King Zahir Shah and the country's first PM, Mohammed Daoud, both led Afghanistan on the slow path of reform. From 1964 (the year that the Shah's constitution came into play) to 1978 (the year Daoud was overthrown by the communist coup), Afghanistan had been attempting to modernize, with the construction and operation of its first universities, with technologies brought in from abroad. Although you obviously couldn't vote the King or the "PM" out of office, there was very little Islamic influence in the laws of a traditionally Islamic country, and they had an albeit slow-moving Parliament too. Hafizullah Amin, on the other hand, basically the chief architect of the communist coup and the PDPA, was educated in the United States. The US did not provide support for him, since the Shah and Daoud regimes were favourable to the West. He educated himself on Marxist principles and infiltrated the Afghan army, where he instigated the coup of 1978.

This wasn't a popular revolution. Virtually everyone save for the people in the PDPA opposed this new communist movement, because they could have had everything under Daoud (who was killed by the PDPA during the coup). On the other hand, people saw hope in Daoud and they called King Shah (who self-exiled during Daoud's coup to give Afghanistan a few more years of peace) "Baba" right up until his death in '07. 37 years later, having fought the PDPA, the Soviets, and those who were formerly their "fellow" mujahideen but turned into Hekmatyar's militants and the Taliban, Afghans just don't want to fight anymore. When they have nothing left to put up a resistance, not even the world's most advanced armed forces can turn the country around. The moderates like Massoud and Haq have all been assassinated save for Karzai (who also had a few close calls) and all that's left is Karzai on one side and all the now-extremist mujahideen era warlords like Hekmatyar (was the one reason why Afghanistan couldn't achieve peace after 1979, now designated a terrorist) on the other.

So, true, Western powers ought to stop interfering where they shouldn't (Syria especially, let the SAA and their Russian equipment do the work), even though the plight of the Syrians is horrific. Islamic State isn't going to be the next Taliban; they're going to be far worse than anything we've ever seen. However, those Islamic countries aren't all so barbaric as they're made out to be. Saudi's super racist, Iran's still poor as hell and somewhat stuck in the "revolutionary" mindset, Iraq has Muslims killing Muslims everywhere, and Afghanistan is just a breeding ground for poverty and a recruiting center for the Afghan/Paki Taliban and ISIS, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them barbaric. They've demonstrated that an effective government can lead them to modernization and social reform, but they've yet to find one.

TLDR: the government systems that those Muslims come up with are really shitty and never last, but they're not too barbaric.

Most of the general populace in Syria is Sunni, but Saudi Arabia couldn't give less of a damn about them. They're poor, desperate but Saudis are rich and confident. A little bit like white Christians persecuting black Christians in the United States.

Nice post.

I didn't actually mean I thought they were Barbaric - it's more the notion that the Western Governments (in a populist mindset) think of middle eastern or muslim run countries as 'barbaric'. It should have been framed in the context of the West spreading the 'peace and love' of democracy. In other words - capitalism at it's worst to enable better trade from a more favourable regime.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Carbon
Cooling Artic freezer 280mm
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE
What I dont understand atm is why everyone is calling for EU members to take the full responsibility for helping these refugees. They are refugees from UN nations, displaced by from what I can tell is military action approved by the UN security council.

It should be all the countries that agreed that military action was required in these countries to eliminate ISIS that should step up and help.

At this very moment and being selfish I would prefer our government along with the other UN nations to pay to support these refugees in another EU country, build camps etc with schools and everything. This sounds harsh but our benefit system is so broken that if just one member of a family gets here, after they have a national insurance number they can get all the rest of their family over hear as well. The benefit system cannot handle that.

Then in the future these refugees should be able to return to their home countries.

dorsetknob

At this very moment and being selfish I would prefer our government along with the other UN nations to pay to support these refugees in another EU country
France has a nice Empty Island group
current pop of about 45 to 110 people over an area of 7,215 km2
2,786 sq mi

Ideal place for a Supported Refuge Camp ( supplied and funded by the UN )

its here and its nice and Safe

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Iceland's response was hilarious.

"Yes, we'll take in refugees... umm... how about fifty? Yes, We'll take fifty."

Then their populations tells their own government to sod off and starts putting up signs in their house windows advertising that they're willing to house refugees in the tens of thousands.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Iceland's response was hilarious.

"Yes, we'll take in refugees... umm... how about fifty? Yes, We'll take fifty."

sounds as if they were ordering off some sort of takeaway menu

"Guys, how many do we want??? 30?? 50?? 50? - 50 of your finest refugees my good man!"

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
Don't start on the benefits thing. Our benefits bill is staggering because of lazy white or British trash not willing to work for minimum or working wage.
I firmly agree on a benefit cap, one thing I support the Conservatives on. But our system isn't broken by immigrants (I know you're not saying that @Finners).

Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Mouse roccat burst pro
Software windows 10
sounds as if they were ordering off some sort of takeaway menu

"Guys, how many do we want??? 30?? 50?? 50? - 50 of your finest refugees my good man!"
if it wasnt pity it would be funy....
high lvl politics should be stripped down from their vip status and privileges cause obviously thay forget quite fast where they are comming from as soon as they get in power. or they should be remained more often with wood stick on their heads.
it is curios how natural law can be quite well inmplemented to human sociaty too. everyone have seen how junk and dirt always afloats on the top of the water. fits quite well to sociaty too, ay?
if the things continue this way i cant see bright future for mankind

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Some people have a good point though. There is a certain disaster fund that the UK throws money into as part of being a member of the EU, I forgot what its called exactly but MILLIONS of taxpayers money goes into this. some people were saying why not use the money from that fund to help these refugees and while we're at it, we can help some of the British people too who are either homeless or live in poverty.

charity starts at home right? Im sure if they divert a little of that cash to help these refugees, aint nobody going to criticize the government for it. Im sure if Cameron did this, he'd be getting bashed a lot less.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
UK has already given more than £920million to the humanitarian effort - more than Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, Hungary, Austria and Poland combined.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
UK has already given more than £920million to the humanitarian effort - more than Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, Hungary, Austria and Poland combined.

In that case, Merkel needs to sit her ass down and people need to lay off Cameron a little. UK is being accused of not doing enough. Cameron is being accused of not doing anything at all or at least 'hesitating' to act and get in on whats going on with the refugees.

its not like Cameron is completely sitting on his hands. While Iceland are peeking around the corner and saying "Yeah - We'll take 50 of'em!!"

I can only imagine the heartbreak and utter despair that the father that lost both his kids and his wife is going through