• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Readies A10-7890K, A8-7690K and Athlon X4 880K Socket FM2+ Chips

I was expecting to read that it wouldn't be a problem to OC those CPUs over 4.2GHz and go at 4.5GHz with minimum effort
I suppose we don't know either way for the 880K, I'm sure we'll hear more on that later. I've had the 460K and 4.2Ghz with the stock cooler (a fairly low grade alum extrusion lubb) in a good air flow abate slight more fan noise. Another I did the Zalman CNPS5X 92mm Cooler ($15 -AR) and went to 4.4Ghz no problem.

Would love to see them really make it known this 880K came with some head-room, and give it cooler more akin to the Phenom II x4 960T Black Edition stock cooler which had heat-pipes. While such a cooler wouldn't unlock OC'n potential of the 960T, it would probably be a super nice stock cooler for the 880K.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Who cares what's in his system? He's not wrong, there's nothing actually exciting about this. It's a refreshed and slightly clock bumped product launch.

It'll be exciting when their Zen APUs and CPUs are launched. Stop being so obsessed over a corporation that couldn't care less about you - the individual - that you get upset when people don't say something nice about your company. It's not healthy.

Well, but then neither are 5% performance bumps from Intel, whatever stands behind them.