• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AudioQuest Announces NightHawk Headphones

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
AudioQuest NightHawk headphones are now available from authorized AudioQuest dealers worldwide. In the increasingly crowded high-performance headphone market, NightHawk redefines luxury, beauty, comfort, sustainability, construction quality, sound quality, and overall value. Accompanying NightHawk's release, a comprehensive website details its development, innovative technologies, and bold design goals.

Said NightHawk designer, Skylar Gray: "We reevaluated and reimagined every aspect of headphone design to create a product that might serve to advance the state of headphone art-one that we hope inspires music lovers, headphone enthusiasts, thinkers, engineers, and creators of all kinds."

Designed for low distortion and maximum performance, NightHawk features a number of alternatives to typical headphone design.
  • Unlike the overwhelming majority of headphones that use driver diaphragms made of Mylar, NightHawk's cone drivers are constructed from bio-cellulose, an all-natural material largely incapable of creating the harshness and ringing that so often plagues Mylar.
  • NightHawk's bio-cellulose driver is equipped with a compliant rubber surround. This enables pistonic motion of the cone and provides a proper energy-killing termination to preserve the coherence of timing information.
  • Unlike most headphone driver baskets, NightHawk's basket is designed for perfectly even distribution of its air vents, thus avoiding distortion-causing rocking of the voice-coil, enabling improved low-frequency control and extension.
  • NightHawk's patented split-gap motor precisely focuses the magnetic field toward the extremes of the voice-coil's travel, resulting in lower intermodulation distortion and a cleaner, more balanced overall presentation.
  • NightHawk comes equipped with two headphone cables: one designed for minimum distortion and maximum sound quality, and a second cable designed for outstanding durability.
Early critical response has been very positive. In the September 2015 issue of HiFi News, Ken Kessler decided, "The NightHawk isn't merely a superb 'first effort,' it is a superlative headphone, period."

DigitalTrends' Ryan Waniata noted "a gorgeous balance of warmth below and precision above." PC World's Elias Plastiras added, "The headphones gave us a glimpse of every single note being played, from the softest strum to the harshest thrash, and the bass was neither left behind nor overdone." Stereophile's Herbert Reichert reported, "The NightHawks had me choking back tears of musical appreciation."

AudioQuest's NightHawk headphones are available now at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $599 US/$699 CAD/€599/£499/$895 AUD (EU and UK, VAT included).

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ARiA
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz C16 DDR4 (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2070 Super FE
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (1TB), 850 EVO SATA (500GB), WD Ultrastar (6TB)
Display(s) Asus VG279 144 Hz IPS
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Chord Hugo 2 to lots of headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime+ 850W Gold
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600
Software Windows 10 Pro
Wasn't that announced quite a few months ago? I heard it in May-ish already. :confused:

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
wonder how much sound is leaked from these (considering the open back)

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
in case your interested in spending 75% of the cost of a decent custom PC, on a headset....here ya go.

System Name ARiA
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Software Windows 10 Pro
in case your interested in spending 75% of the cost of a decent custom PC, on a headset....here ya go.
These are one of the cheaper headphones in the market already. ;)

Aimed at different markets.

evulmunk33

BitFenix Rep
Design wise they dont look very premium imo...
Not sure what theyre focusing on, listening to music at home?

Im pretty sceptical about headphones above 150E since my 399 euro parrot zik 2.0 started falling apart only weeks after i got it, and support refusing to RMA it pointing me to the shop I got them from instead... -_-
I got a feeling if youre really into audio and ready to spend big, its better to go for an established brand...

Looking forward to discussions on head-fi tho, maybe these new leather(?) drivers are really a nice improvement :)

Rojan

A bit too late for PR... and its reception is pretty much mixed at best.

This type comment is just too stupid. Every time $300+ headphones is a topic, there's always one guy saying "why spend $500 on headphones when you can buy a 980?", etc.

System Name ARiA
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Software Windows 10 Pro
Design wise they dont look very premium imo...
Not sure what theyre focusing on, listening to music at home?

Im pretty sceptical about headphones above 150E since my 399 euro parrot zik 2.0 started falling apart only weeks after i got it, and support refusing to RMA it pointing me to the shop I got them from instead... -_-
I got a feeling if youre really into audio and ready to spend big, its better to go for an established brand...

Looking forward to discussions on head-fi tho, maybe these new leather(?) drivers are really a nice improvement :)

Bio-cellulose drivers are not leather. They are used in a few of the headphones for quite some time already, Fostex TH900, Denon D1001 for example.

I am not personally fond of the sound, don't think that many heard it are either.

System Name It does stuff
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B550 Gaming X V2
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) RX 6700XT
Storage Too much
Display(s) 27" & 21.5"
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DGX / Sony MDR-XB500s
Power Supply Corsair 750W
Software Win10 64
Aren't audioquest those clowns who release ridiculously priced "audiophile" ethernet cables? With directional arrows to boot?

Why should anyone trust them?