• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
It was an experiment on an old MSI 770-C45 (has a single 16x), it was to prove that any motherboard could SLI, regardless of the pci-e bandwith, chipset maker, or nvidia certification.
Too bad I sold one of the 7600GTs, now I could test them well.

System Name Cooler Master Elite (case name)
Processor Amd 1090T X6 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
Cooling oversize fans
Memory 16 gigs ddr3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 - nvidia gtx 560's sli 2 gigs each video memory
Storage 6 - terabytes sata
Display(s) samsung syncmaster 2330 hd monitor
Case coolermaster elite
Audio Device(s) realtek on-board
Power Supply coolermaster 1000 watts
Software windows 7 64- bit enterprise
Benchmark Scores not available at this time.
Here's the download link for 358.50 patched driver for windows 7, 8, 8.1 64bit:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25263535/nvlddmkm-35850-win7-8-81-64bit.rar

---------------------------

And for windows 10 64 bit:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25263536/nvlddmkm-35850-win10-64bit.rar

------------

Alternate download links:

358.50 windows 7 8 & 81 64bit:

http://turbobit.net/1sox922f3qd1.html

-----------

358.50 windows 10 64bit:

http://turbobit.net/9cdi8piqp8m2.html

Be sure and read the readme file if you have install issues, (mainly for windows 8.1).

Venus2en1

Hello Dear Jbailey8,

I'm new here and i want to say thanks to you because you saved me from buying another SLI motherboard because i have an Asus B85-Pro Gamer and it is only Crossfire compatible..

I tested your trick on Windows 10 x64 professional, and it work very well, with test mode enabled and driver signature, my 2x MSI GTX 780 Lightning uses 70 - 85 of their power on many games, and i can run them even in 4k resolution with the DSR technology but on windows 7 x64 ultimate it seems to be like different, so everything is working fine in Full HD (1080P) until i go 2k or 4k or between the 2 i got a black screen in every games...to fix that issue i have to disable the SLI mode in the Nvidia Panel, so i was thinking that there is something going wrong with your patch, do you have a solution to fix that please ? Thanx :)

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Sorry for the trouble, but I just played painkiller black with ordeal mod v2 with dsr mode on in 4K, (3820x2160 I think), the game ran perfectly fine for me (my monitor is 1080p), and full sli mode is active, I'm running the same windows 7 64 bit driver you are so I know it's not the driver itself. Go to the nvidia control panel and make sure you have all the dsr modes on you want enabled (I have them all checked). You can also check your bios for any settings that are off for crossfire/sli.
The fact that any resolution over 1080p seems to be a issue seems to suggest the game itself is having a problem, did you try a game that you know works at 4K on windows 10 and try that same game on windows 7? Also check that the refresh rate isn't being changed, that would really cause your monitor to go dark. I think your motherboard has a integrated gpu, be sure
to turn that off in the bios and set you dedicated gpu's as the primary video display.

Quote: "I'm new here and i want to say thanks to you because you saved me from buying another SLI motherboard because i have an Asus B85-Pro Gamer and it is only Crossfire compatible.."

I appreciate the thanks for what part I'm playing here, but a lot of thanks should also go
to ember, without him, this would be much more difficult.

Last edited:

ITGuy1024

Okay, the patching is working fine, both with manually expanded nvlddmkm.sys and the one copied from the win32 drivers folder, the differentsliauto.exe reports success. It's the driver signing that is failing (as seen in the messages from certutil and signtool). Device Manager reports the following with the patched drivers:
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)".
Which is why the Nvidia control panel crashes with the patched driver.
This is normal Win 8.1 Pro X64. And this used to work with... what was it... I think I had 352.86 or 353.06 running.
I have "Test mode" on the background of the desktop, so I assume it really is in test mode. I could take it out of test mode and put it back in test mode as another thing to check.
I will see if I can get more documentation on certutil and signtool. I think you can get them in some Windows SDK...

I also had to do this. Along with going in to MMC, certifications snap-in and removing 4 other old certs from DifferentSLIAuto. After that SLI is working great on 358.50

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
There are newer cert tools included with the latest patched driver downloads, use them if the original cert tools don't work (this mainly applies to windows 8.1 at the moment), sorry you had so much trouble, but you
got things going eventually!

ITGuy1024

I did try the tools that came with the latest patch and I don't think they worked. But to be fair it could have been removing all the other certs and then running the patch again. I think I tried the patch with the latest tools before removing the certs and it didn't work.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Thanks for the notice, removing the other certs really shouldn't be required, but if that's what working for now, then I'll update the readme to indicate this.

ITGuy1024

It said I had 4 certs and I could use /a to let the patch auto pick the best one. I tried that but it didn't work so I just wiped them all. It listed all the certs at the top of the install script with an error but finished with a success.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Thanks for the info, would you mind listing what operating system your running and the command/program you used to get the Install.cmd to work for you? Thanks!

ITGuy1024

Oh sorry, I quoted the wrong post before. Here is what I did.

Hi,

I got it working!

I downloaded the Win 8.1 SDK, I then replaced the signtool.exe and makecert.exe with the 64bit versions from the SDK (from Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x64). These files are newer (datestamp is 24.10.2014 vs. 19.03.2010 as supplied in the differentsliauto1.3 "tools" directory.)

To remove the certs:
- Start > Run > Cmd > MMC
- File > Add / Remove Snap-in
- Add certificates
- Then there should be a DifferentSLI folder, delete the certs from there.
- Then remove the one from Trusted Root Certification Authorities > DifferentSli

My System:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'm going to include this info in the readme to help any others that might need this information, I'm a little surprised that your having to do this on windows 7, I'm running windows 7 myself and I've never had any of these
issues, so I don't know what to say there, thanks for the help!

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Your welcome!

Zufixx

Your welcome!
Hello! I just bought a second graphics card, but my motherboard only supports Crossfire, so I was going to use HyperSLI to enable it, but all of the download links are down, do you have any updated links? Or are the servers just down temporarily?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
This is correct, just follow the instructions for differentsliauto and you should be good to go.

Zufixx

This is correct, just follow the instructions for differentsliauto and you should be good to go.
You seem to have some great answers;
I just installed DifferentSLI, and did all the steps in the readme file. But I still cant enable SLI, do you know of any simple fix or something that could be wrong?
I am using:
2 GTX 760, same VRAM.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel I7-3770k

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Did you read the readme from the differentsliauto you can download from this link? https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases (1.3 zip).

If you mean the readme from the patched driver download, that only has new info you would try if you have problems getting the driver installed, this mainly applies to windows 8.1 & windows 10.

Do you get any kind of a error message from the Install.cmd? If so, what is the exact error message?

If your getting errors regarding signing certificates, try this:

To remove the certs:
- Add certificates
- Then remove the one from Trusted Root Certification Authorities > DifferentSli

and run the Install.cmd again.

As a recap, here's the steps you would follow:

1. Go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers and download the latest drivers (358.50) for your version of windows. (Windows 10 64-bit).
2. Go here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/25263536/nvlddmkm-35850-win10-64bit.rar and download the patched driver.
3. Go here: https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases and download the 1.3 version of this package.
4. If you don't already have winrar installed, go here: http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm and download the version of winrar for your system that is current and run the installer.
5. Unpack differentsliauto 1.3 to a folder of your choice (c:\diffsli13 for example).
6. Unpack the patched driver into the same folder you unpacked differentsliauto 1.3.
7. Run the official video driver installer you downloaded from nvidias' site and let it install the official drivers.
8. Once the official drivers are installed and the installer has finished, go back to where you unpacked differentsliauto 1.3 and you also have the patched nvlddmkm.sys.
9. Open a administrator level command prompt (hold down left-shift & right-click anywhere in the window (don't have any files high-lighted) and select 'open command window here'.
10. Run the 'Install.cmd' file, it should say 'success!' in green text at the bottom of the window if there were no errors.
11. Reboot your computer.
12. Go to your nvidia control panel and activate sli.

Please note that on windows 10 you might need to go to the folder 'Windows/system32/drivers' and manually rename the nvlddmkm.sys that is already there
to something like 'nvlddmkm.old' for example before the Install.cmd will install the
patched driver properly. When you run the Install.cmd again, pay close attention to the
output for any errors.

Last edited:

Zufixx

Did you read the readme from the differentsliauto you can download from this link? https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases (1.3 zip).

If you mean the readme from the patched driver download, that only has new info you would try if you have problems getting the driver installed, this mainly applies to windows 8.1 & windows 10.

Do you get any kind of a error message from the Install.cmd? If so, what is the exact error message?

If your getting errors regarding signing certificates, try this:

To remove the certs:
- Add certificates

and run the Install.cmd again.

As a recap, here's the steps you would follow:

1. Go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers and download the latest drivers (358.50) for your version of windows. (Windows 10 64-bit).
2. Go here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/25263536/nvlddmkm-35850-win10-64bit.rar and download the patched driver.
3. Go here: https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases and download the 1.3 version of this package.
4. If you don't already have winrar installed, go here: http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm and download the version of winrar for your system that is current and run the installer.
5. Unpack differentsliauto 1.3 to a folder of your choice (c:\diffsli13 for example).
6. Unpack the patched driver into the same folder you unpacked differentsliauto 1.3.
7. Run the official video driver installer you downloaded from nvidias' site and let it install the official drivers.
8. Once the official drivers are installed and the installer has finished, go back to where you unpacked differentsliauto 1.3 and you also have the patched nvlddmkm.sys.
9. Open a administrator level command prompt (hold down left-shift & right-click anywhere in the window (don't have any files high-lighted) and select 'open command window here'.
10. Run the 'Install.cmd' file, it should say 'success!' in green text at the bottom of the window if there were no errors.
11. Reboot your computer.
12. Go to your nvidia control panel and activate sli.

Please note that on windows 10 you might need to go to the folder 'Windows/system32/drivers' and manually rename the nvlddmkm.sys that is already there
to something like 'nvlddmkm.old' for example before the Install.cmd will install the
patched driver properly. When you run the Install.cmd again, pay close attention to the
output for any errors.

Hey, this worked! Thanks a bunch!

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Glad it worked!

atomdude

is there a difference in performance between using the software posted as compared to SLI ready motherboards?

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
In theory no, I've never actually ran tests to see, but I'm willing to bet that nearly any motherboard made in the last 6-8 years can be made to handle sli mode whether it's officially rated for that or not.
The only minimum requirement is 2 pci slots - with a speed rating of at least 8x to get good performance but another poster on here was able to get sli mode running with this patched driver
using a 1x and a 16x pci slots, his performance was probably a little slow, but the point was sli mode was still working. Overall performance mainly depends on how fast the pci slots you have your
video boards plugged into are rated for, the faster the better. Of course this only applies to
nvidia boards, ati boards are crossfire only, I very seriously doubt you'll get them to do sli
mode, (haven't tried this though).

Last edited:

alponen

First of all, thanks for the great work and giving new life for my second 560gtx. :) Got sli working no prob. just wanted to know if anyone has got surround working? I used to run three monitor setup with my previous mobo which had nvidia chipset, now when i open nvidia prefs, surround option just is not there. Am I missing something, or is it just that surround can't be unlocked with this driver. Running 2x560gtx, win 10 pro with Asus F2A55, A8-5600K, integrated graphics disabled.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'm running 2 -560's with 1 monitor, I have no way to test the surround function, this drivers' main job was to activate sli mode.
You can go here:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

To check your system and see if it's your motherboard, chipset, or the driver that's preventing you from activating surround mode.
Go to the bottom of this page and enter your information and then click on the right-most button.
For what it's worth, I have the option in my control panel to setup multiple displays even though I'm only running 1 monitor.

Last edited: