• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI and CrossFire Support "Not Practical" - Batman Arkham Knight Developer

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Please show me evidence that there are dual graphics in the PS4. From my research and such stuff, neither the PS4 nor the XBox One uses dual graphics.

Ah you would be correct I was going off of the ancient prerelease specs. Further research shows one each 7870 stuffed onto a SoC my bad carry on lol

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Hold on a second why can't they add multi-GPU support? The PS4 version uses multi-GPU...Fucking shit ass console port bullshit.

PS4 has 2 GPUs? Thats news to me.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Glad I didn't directly pay for this (bundled in with my GTX 970 card when it was offered). Those who did buy it and got refunded, bravo. Pretty much sounds like WB has put the proverbial fork in the game. :eek:

I see a large amount of hate here, but perhaps we should step back for a moment, and make sure our pitchforks are aimed at the right place.

1) Rocksteady Studios developed all of the Batman games. Those games that redefined brawling.

2) WB published the games.

3) Rocksteady didn't have the resources to port Arkham Knight, so WB utilized Iron Galaxy to port the title to PC.

4) Console versions of the game run remarkably well. Not buttery smooth, but not bad either.

5) Iron Galaxy's history is mobile gaming. Absolutely no ports.

The conclusion should therefore be that WB is a company that will publish anything without regards to quality, Iron Galaxy is responsible for the atrocious port, and all this hate is unwarranted. Don't spew vitriol on a forum, go and get a refund. Money is the only thing WB understands, and if possible you should make them aware of this business practice being unacceptable.

System Name Darkside
Processor R7 3700X
Motherboard Aorus Elite X570
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx l240
Memory Thermaltake Toughram DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage ADATA & WD 500GB NVME PCIe 3.0, many WD Black 1-3TB HD
Display(s) Samsung C27JG5x
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XL
Audio Device(s) iFi xDSD / micro iTube2 / micro iCAN SE
Power Supply EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Benchmark Scores Not sure, don't care
Guess I am the lucky one that can play Arkham Knight max settings 60fps @ 1200P with my 2x HD7950 in CFX with no issues. Both GPUs sit at around 70%. Occasionally I get a hiccup (micro stutter), mostly occurring during cut-scenes.

:toast:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
and after initial release and scandal Rocksteady helped Iron Galaxy to fix the game. THEY FAILED! So - both to blame for incompetence.

I wonder if they actually helped, or the Iron Galaxy head got called into the office and "told" to fix it.

One has to wonder though, why Rocksteady didn't go back to the console version recently, start from scratch and port it correctly. We know they didn't work on the port before because they didn't have the resources before, but they SHOULD have those resources now.

and after initial release and scandal Rocksteady helped Iron Galaxy to fix the game. THEY FAILED! So - both to blame for incompetence.

Prove it.

Rocksteady made the original game. They delivered everything to Iron Galaxy, so they could do the port. Calling Rocksteady in to fix the port is moronic, as they have no working knowledge of the port. WB would have called in Iron Galaxy, and said that their port was crap and that if they ever wanted to do business again they'd fix it. The developers for the port were Iron Galaxy, even if Rocksteady delivered them all the source code. Code means nothing if the instructions aren't developed into something your software can read.

You've made the false jump from a post on Steam (that claims to be a developer), to the illogical conclusion that the developer must be Rocksteady. All the while, Rocksteady is pimping out all the new content for Arkham Knight on consoles as if they had succeeded. It stands to reason that if Rocksteady was in deep, they wouldn't be shilling the latest DLC skins.

Iron Galaxy on the other hand is utterly silent. No mobile games have been pumped out, and they've been incommunicado since Arkham Knight reared its ugly head. I'd say that better matches the actions of a company working to fix a gigantic PR flop.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Prove it.

Rocksteady made the original game. They delivered everything to Iron Galaxy, so they could do the port. Calling Rocksteady in to fix the port is moronic, as they have no working knowledge of the port. WB would have called in Iron Galaxy, and said that their port was crap and that if they ever wanted to do business again they'd fix it. The developers for the port were Iron Galaxy, even if Rocksteady delivered them all the source code. Code means nothing if the instructions aren't developed into something your software can read.

You've made the false jump from a post on Steam (that claims to be a developer), to the illogical conclusion that the developer must be Rocksteady. All the while, Rocksteady is pimping out all the new content for Arkham Knight on consoles as if they had succeeded. It stands to reason that if Rocksteady was in deep, they wouldn't be shilling the latest DLC skins.

Iron Galaxy on the other hand is utterly silent. No mobile games have been pumped out, and they've been incommunicado since Arkham Knight reared its ugly head. I'd say that better matches the actions of a company working to fix a gigantic PR flop.

Dude I'm pretty sure there was a news post a while back that said Rock Steady was fixing the port. And then when they re released the game, claimed they will try and do more fixes, but some of them fixing is just not possible.

I dont know who youre calling a moron but...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/28/8858541/batman-arkham-knight-pc-fix

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Game is shit people pre-ordered it. Some stuck with it. Most will learn nothing from it. A few however will be a bit smarter about purchasing their games in the future.

Although I will admit its pretty hilarious that can't get multi GPU working in game where in the past renameing the exe to UT3 or w.e would make multi GPU work on pretty much any Unreal Engine 3 game.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
They should have just re-ported the game properly instead of trying to fix the horrible mess of the first port. It probably would have been done quicker and come out better.

Dude I'm pretty sure there was a news post a while back that said Rock Steady was fixing the port. And then when they re released the game, claimed they will try and do more fixes, but some of them fixing is just not possible.

I dont know who youre calling a moron but...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/28/8858541/batman-arkham-knight-pc-fix

First off, read. I never called you a moron. I said it'd be moronic if WB called Rocksteady in to fix the port by Iron Galaxy. If you take offense to that, it wasn't because I said you should..

Please read past the PR, and note all the discrepancies that have been missed between your statements and the words on paper.

From Polygon:
"The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight, developed by Iron Galaxy Studios, released with a slew of major issues. The problems were so bad, they sandbagged the game's player reviews on Steam and eventually led the publisher to suspend the sale of that version of the game."

From the Forum:
"Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering."

I highlighted the parts from the original forum post that matter. These words mean that the people fixing the game aren't Rocksteady, Rocksteady is taking up the lead on Iron Galaxy's attempts to fix this mess. Polygon, in their usual fashion, managed to miss the words in front of them and provide their own unique brand of half truths. I'm not surprised by Polygon screwing up here, but I am surprised that you didn't seem to read anything past the title of the article. Again, this is why I asked people to temper their hate. If you just start spewing anger, without a clear objective, it's difficult to be seen as anything more than a petulant child. I'd hope we'd aspire to being more.

They should have just re-ported the game properly instead of trying to fix the horrible mess of the first port. It probably would have been done quicker and come out better.
Agreed!

Processor P D920 model 6 step 2 rev b1 @ 3730
Motherboard asus p5wd2-e premium rev 1.xx i975x rev c0
Cooling zalman 9500cu-led thermalright hr-05
Memory kingston Hyperx pc6400 cl5 512 x2
Video Card(s) asus en8800gts 640mb stock
Storage 3x 250gb 1 sata / 2 sata2 raid 5 (466gb volume)
Display(s) lacie electron blue 22"
Case termaltake matrix vx
Audio Device(s) onboard alc 88x
Power Supply raidmax 650w
Software win2000 pro sp4 (untill vista x64 works)
maybe a cache ramdac will be the next shot. but for now, that u have a bigger resolutions will need more palette, go to a river and look the reflecting sunrays at day from various angles, in diferent zones whit diferent water profundity, go to a ocean, look the placton luminescense under the moon, withwow moon, luminescense not act as courtain or wall that blocks the profundity, color is a thing to work too, specially how its aplied on the surfaces, a black brillant ball reflecting a focus of light shows the ball and shows the light, not a light blocking the ball.. but the true is ure getting a lot of a flat paper painted that is each frame.. this need time, patience and a lot of creativity... sli bridge.. take it here, multicore.. gimme a pack, gigs of ram... lots of them.. if not today will be not enought tommorow, for a simple reason walk in not erase, if one step make us lead to a next room, and the rooms are identicall, the information grow again, now are 2 roms, 2 of each elemts that u see in the frist room and someone is still himself.. still need more cuality example is curvered monitors. and incredible error of a quake fan, when im looking a photo of a loved person i dont want to see it fov'ed i want to see him/her as best is possible, not a foved caricature, and if im practicing in a car sim or flight sim i need to look for all the details, not focusing on the center and using the contours for incrase speed sensation or decrase it, the problem isn't the sli bridge, the probles is the bridge isn't finished

philosofy of the binary dot: i'm not a square

att Krull

pd: sry i'm not naturally english

look the placton luminescense under the moon, withwow moon, luminescense not act as courtain or wall that blocks the profundity, color is a thing to work too, specially how its aplied on the surfaces, a black brillant ball reflecting a focus of light shows the ball and shows the light, not a light blocking the ball
can you share some of that stuff with us? i wanna see the pretty colors too :)

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
I want to know who is transporting elephants with monkeys. It's deeply unethical.

In fairness he didn't say an attempt would be made to put the elephant in as well as the monkeys, that would make the situation of only having a 2-monkey-sized van even more untenable. ;-)

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
The whole crux of the PC gaming problem is shitty ports from games primarily designed for consoles, Maybe if they designed for PC first then ported to console we wouldn't be facing the crap we are getting now and now the hardware in consoles is more PC like than ever we should not be seeing the nasty ass junk we are... Either that or they need to go back to having their own in house beta testers like they used to do and games came out with bugger all bugs and were quickly patched

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
The whole crux of the PC gaming problem is shitty ports from games primarily designed for consoles, Maybe if they designed for PC first then ported to console we wouldn't be facing the crap we are getting now and now the hardware in consoles is more PC like than ever we should not be seeing the nasty ass junk we are... Either that or they need to go back to having their own in house beta testers like they used to do and games came out with bugger all bugs and were quickly patched

What I find funny, since you mentioned it, is the games are created on PC! I'm not a coder, but you would think, with the original code being on PC, that a "port" from console is not necessary.

The other thing is, remember when this new gen of consoles was released? The word was that ports would be better, and easier for developers to do, because the new consoles are pc's? Yeah, that's not happening.

Last edited:
System Name Old but gold
Processor 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus Gene V
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 16Gb 1600 DDR3@2400 Cl11
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 FE
Storage SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD (os) , SanDisk 480Gb (Games), WD Caviar Black 4 TB (Games and storage)
Display(s) 32" Samsung HDTV 1080P
Case Some old Dell
Audio Device(s) Onboard HDMI
Power Supply EVGA G2 550w
Software Windows 10 Pro 1903
Just as I decide on a SLI setup....:banghead::laugh:

System Name Simon
Processor Core i7 5820K @ 4.4GHz @1.25v core, 1.9v input, 1.12v system agent, 0.9v cache - 24/7 & P95 stable
Motherboard ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1, BIOS 3101
Cooling Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Corsair ML140 Pro Red LED, exhaust @ top panel
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x 8GB 2666 MHz 16, 18, 18, 35, 2T (Stock)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X (OC BIOS), +60 MHz GPU, +450 MHz Memory
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500 Gb, WD Green + White Label, total 17 TB
Display(s) 3x Samsung CFG73 (24" 1920x1080, 144Hz) in 2D Surround, LG C7 OLED TV (55", 4K, 60Hz)
Case Corsair 760T + Corsair SP120 Perf.Ed. + 3x ML 140 Pro Red + DEMCI Dust Filter Kit + DeepCool RGB LED
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Z, Topping E30 + SMSL SP200, Hifiman 4XX, beyerdynamic 770 250Ω, Audeze iSine 10, HD6xx
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i + APC BackUPS RS1500 (modded w/ 130 AH Kung Long Batteries) + APC Smart UPS SUA1500i
Mouse Razer Naga Chroma + Reflex Lab Extended Mouse Pad + Xbox One S Controller + 3 x Xbox 360 Controllers
Keyboard Corsiar K70 RGB (2016 Edition) Cherry Mx Red w/ custom Arabic-legend shine-through keycaps
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - ver. 20H2
Benchmark Scores Onkyo TX-NR626 AV Receiver, speakers: 4x Yamaha NS-M325 + Yamaha NS-C3290 + Proson Libre Sub 8.1
My guess is that many games will continue to be poor console ports in the future, but our PCs will greatly out-spec the consoles in the next couple of years, alleviating most performance issues. Lazy developers will always be lazy.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
System Name Old but gold
Processor 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Storage SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD (os) , SanDisk 480Gb (Games), WD Caviar Black 4 TB (Games and storage)
Case Some old Dell
Just to kick a man when their down, Fallout 4 doesn't support SLI either.:D
:D:laugh: It's cool, it ran smooth with the 1 card anyway so I'm not too worried:pimp:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Iron Galaxy is supposed to bring Killer Instinct to PC soon.

I wonder how that will turn out. :(

System Name Old but gold
Processor 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Case Some old Dell
Wish I could say the same...:mad:

Yeh that's Bethesda for you, if it makes you feel any better, it took me two weeks of non stop tweaking to get Skyrim to behave on my older system. By the time I was done I couldn't be bothered to actually play it as I was sick of seeing the same run I had been tweaking it from :shadedshu: