• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Fallout 4 (Discussion)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Don't know if this has been posted before but here's some game exploits which will be patched next week. So they're available for a limited time only.

Fun for the console crowds that play at 20 fps and have no access to the Great Almighty Console.

Otherwise, completely useless to seek out exploits on PC when there is a console command for everything including a change of underpants and spawning 6000 brahmins.

See but the odd thing is, when Skyrim came out, I played the game on console (PS3) and I honestly remember playing through with no game breaking difficulties...

Granted, I was not ON THE HUNT for bugs, like some people seem to be, but on PS3 the game worked fine for the most part. Yeah I do remember dragons flying around backwards and going crazy and what not.

I guess it all comes down to your tolerance, some people hate bugs like that, some people don't really mind and move on. Either way Bethesda does need to make it more of a practice to provide continuous updates to their games.

I honestly have yet to run into many weird things in FO4. Overall I think the game is more bug-free than any previous Bethesda vanilla open world release ever was. As far as I am concerned, there is progress there. Another great point of progress is the amount of options they have in the base game. Literally all of the most interesting modded stuff from Vegas is now in the vanilla FO4, such as an all-encompassing item mod system and buildable settlements. Graphics wise, same deal: they polished the engine up with exactly those things that made it into popular mods; god rays and all that other good stuff.

Last edited:
System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
Fun for the console crowds that play at 20 fps and have no access to the Great Almighty Console.

Otherwise, completely useless to seek out exploits on PC when there is a console command for everything including a change of underpants and spawning 6000 brahmins.

True, however console commands feel like cheating and tend to break the game especially in a newly released game of this size. Whereas exploits and glitches... they're part of the game and when one does them it doesn't feel like cheating ;)

That said, I've been trying the one where you tell Dogmeat to pick up the SPECIAL book, but cannot make it work! :(

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
Whoa the southwestern portion of the map seems hard ;_;

First found legendary Deathclaw - first time encountering them again after concord too.
and then Alpha Deathclaw(!). Luckily I found power armor between those encounter (Usually never bring power armor).

Look at my hp :D

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Why are some mobs called legendary? Legendary raider... sounds pretty stupid.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Oh, that's a nice rifle.....

So after a few hours, I've got some questions.

1) Who in Hades decided to map the keys at Bethesda? I keep hitting V for VATS, and the screen jerks out. It's like they didn't play the previous two games before mapping keys. Maybe cramming 3/NV in before this was a bad idea.

2) I've got a gigantic pile of junk, is there any easy way to convert it all into components? The only solution I've seen is dropping it all, going into construction, then scrapping the items. There's got to be an easier way, but it definitely isn't in a tutorial.

3) Whomever programmed the companion AI must be a sadist. Is there any way to get dog meat out of a door? He decided to turn while inside it, and apparently got stuck.

4) Anyone else getting weird spawns? The Legendary Black Bloatfly spawned right next to the Boomer Raider, and I had my butt handed to me. Seems kind unfair whenever the prize for another legendary was a sniper pipe rifle. Jebus, it's worse than the hunting rifles from Fallout 3, but still somehow a legendary drop.

As a note, don't download the game off the Blu-Ray is you buy it. I thought I'd do the disc, then install a minor patch, but the game downloaded the update as a 24 GB file. Also, I'm a whore who justified this as a birthday present. I'd be ashamed, if I didn't just get to use power armor, that finally feels powerful, to make a dozen Raiders disappear into a fine red mist. God the game has problems, but it's a lot of fun jammed in between all of those issues.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I chose Red Rocket as my weapons workshop and I 'transfer' all my junk there. It allows me to craft weapons better as the shop rather than my character amasses the junk. I have four Power Armour suits in there now including a T-51 set.

All junk is automatically turned into its component form for crafting, no scrapping required.

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Where can I find that???

kill Legendary creatures. you can increase your chances of running into them by changing the difficulty under gameplay settings.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
kill Legendary creatures. you can increase your chances of running into them by changing the difficulty under gameplay settings.

It is funny, I find it's necessary to increase difficulty as you progress. Started on hard, got a kicking, dropped to medium, did some quests, back to hard. If I had it on medium still it'd be too easy. Even on hard it's not too bad with the right weapons and a tonne of mines.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Mouse Rival 700
1) Who in Hades decided to map the keys at Bethesda? I keep hitting V for VATS, and the screen jerks out. It's like they didn't play the previous two games before mapping keys. Maybe cramming 3/NV in before this was a bad idea.
Almost every single Bethesda games have few different keymapping.

2) I've got a gigantic pile of junk, is there any easy way to convert it all into components? The only solution I've seen is dropping it all, going into construction, then scrapping the items. There's got to be an easier way, but it definitely isn't in a tutorial.
Just put it in workshop storage (press R and then T to put get rid all of junks quickly), it'll available directly as components to settlements construction and weapon/armor/powerarmor/cooking/chemistry stations. No need to scrap.

3) Whomever programmed the companion AI must be a sadist. Is there any way to get dog meat out of a door? He decided to turn while inside it, and apparently got stuck.
type 'tcl' if you okay with console.

4) Anyone else getting weird spawns? The Legendary Black Bloatfly spawned right next to the Boomer Raider, and I had my butt handed to me. Seems kind unfair whenever the prize for another legendary was a sniper pipe rifle. Jebus, it's worse than the hunting rifles from Fallout 3, but still somehow a legendary drop.
Legendary drop means standard weapon but with unique perk. As the weapon/armor itself it seems pretty random.

As a note, don't download the game off the Blu-Ray is you buy it. I thought I'd do the disc, then install a minor patch, but the game downloaded the update as a 24 GB file. Also, I'm a whore who justified this as a birthday present. I'd be ashamed, if I didn't just get to use power armor, that finally feels powerful, to make a dozen Raiders disappear into a fine red mist. God the game has problems, but it's a lot of fun jammed in between all of those issues.
lol yeah it's on news weeks ago to deter pirate spreading the games before launch date. Anyway happy birthday and have fun!

It is funny, I find it's necessary to increase difficulty as you progress. Started on hard, got a kicking, dropped to medium, did some quests, back to hard. If I had it on medium still it'd be too easy. Even on hard it's not too bad with the right weapons and a tonne of mines.
I'm still not sure about that.
I'm on normal. Started with much difficulty since my character isn't built for combat. A while later I could kill a super mutant with one or two headshot from mere 10mm pistol (modded for damage and silencer) at close range.
Went up about 2 levels and now they need like 3-5 headshots. My sniper/hunting rifle couldn't one-shot even raider now.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Software Windows 10 x64
Decent review...

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
So after a few hours, I've got some questions.

All of the junk you gather make sure you put in your workshop so you can use it to craft later on. I have been filling dogmeat up with all the junk I see around on my adventures. Also make sure you pickup folding chairs, hotplates, and desk fans because these items contain screws which are used in crafting mods for weapons. I decked out a combat rifle to almost 70 damage with long barrel and dot scope and it is pretty much all I use. I have yet to find a .50 cal rifle which is sad but later on I can convert one of my good bolt actions to .50 cal when I activate level 3 gun nut.

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Also make sure you pickup folding chairs, hotplates, and desk fans because these items contain screws
Ha I never tried to pick up a folding chair. Thanks for the advice
I decked out a combat rifle to almost 70 damage with long barrel and dot scope and it is pretty much all I use.
I decked out a combat shotgun think it changed it's name to a tactical combat shotgun and has a damage of 78. Other than that I mainly use a calibrated hunting rifle with 55 damage and a snobnosed 44 magnum with 67 damage.

All of the junk you gather make sure you put in your workshop so you can use it to craft later on. I have been filling dogmeat up with all the junk I see around on my adventures. Also make sure you pickup folding chairs, hotplates, and desk fans because these items contain screws which are used in crafting mods for weapons. I decked out a combat rifle to almost 70 damage with long barrel and dot scope and it is pretty much all I use. I have yet to find a .50 cal rifle which is sad but later on I can convert one of my good bolt actions to .50 cal when I activate level 3 gun nut.

I don't think I asked the question correctly.

In past Bethesda games the more crap you stored in any one location the higher the likelihood that it broke the game. Items would start despawning from crates and the like. The easiest way to fix that was to minimize the amount of items stored. What I'm looking at now is screws, antique globes, and fans all existing at once. If you don't want to trust the game to break things down in order (I find that pre-war money is often chosen to be broken down into cloth ahead of straw pillows for instance), you've got to drop it and manually scrap for the parts. This seems, frankly, convoluted. I was hoping I had just somehow missed the obvious way to make that system not moronic.

Put simply, I've stood atop the Corvega plant and watched my game chug. I've had an NPC get stuck in a doorway. I've watched some characters despawn after looting almost instantly while others stick around for in game months. If there was any doubt this was a Bethesda game, they did their darndest to make it clear. I'd prefer not to have to confirm that long items lists are another problem that would have not been solved with 4.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Save me the pain of reading 30+ pages if you could with a few answers please.

When I am in workshop mode, I would like to know:

1. Do I have to assign someone to every single corn stalk, razor bush or melon patch? Or does it count them all as the same?
2. Any further explanation on how the mechanics work for calculating things like total food? Is it only after each food source has been assigned does it include in the total?
3. Why is it that if I send someone to spot or to guard at one of the output defense positions, do they not go there? Do you have to be within a certain range when commdaning/assining them?
4. To confirm, using switches is merely for aesthetics and cleverness. You do not actually need to conserve energy (probably a dead give away since your generator can run without needing fueling.
5. The traps, such as flame thrower trap - you cannot move it once it's placed down. Interacting with it in the workshop results in trying to repair it. Additionally, how does it function? Does it automatically attack hostile only?

Thanks

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Mouse Rival 700
Finally found this

I thought it's unlimited ammo but then it's unlimited ammo capacity (never need to reload). What a party pooper.

1. Do I have to assign someone to every single corn stalk, razor bush or melon patch? Or does it count them all as the same?
2. Any further explanation on how the mechanics work for calculating things like total food? Is it only after each food source has been assigned does it include in the total?
IIRC Every settler you assign could handle 6 foods (some food count as 0.5).
Which food they handle seems random.
So if you have 12 unit of foods, just assign 2 settlers to random plant and they manage themselves.

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Guys just a head up. These 2 missions are repeatable or some would say never ending. I had to figure it out the hard way and played for the past 5 hours. It keeps sending me to sometimes random sometimes the same places I've been before.
The quest are: Cleansing the Commonwealth and the Quartermaster Quest.

Don't waste your time like I did. Unless you want to level up and discover new places.

BTW avoid vault 95 if you don't want to get your ass handed to you by the 2 assaultrons guarding it.

Last edited:
Save me the pain of reading 30+ pages if you could with a few answers please.

When I am in workshop mode, I would like to know:

3. Why is it that if I send someone to spot or to guard at one of the output defense positions, do they not go there? Do you have to be within a certain range when commdaning/assining them?
4. To confirm, using switches is merely for aesthetics and cleverness. You do not actually need to conserve energy (probably a dead give away since your generator can run without needing fueling.
5. The traps, such as flame thrower trap - you cannot move it once it's placed down. Interacting with it in the workshop results in trying to repair it. Additionally, how does it function? Does it automatically attack hostile only?

Thanks

1) No, assign them to an area, and they'll tend to up to 12 plants. As everything but mutfruit produces 0.5 food, this means each farmer will produce between 6 and 12 food, once assigned.
2) Pretty much everything but mutfruit is 0.5 food. Mutfruit actually counts as 1.0.
3) Settlers assigned to guard duty can cover up to 3 spots. They tend to wander between multiple spots once assigned to guard duty.
4) Haven't even been able to repair, let alone refuel generators. I've got 6 currently running over 3 bases. I'd hazard to guess that despite the smoke a "generator" is supposed to be an atomic pile. The switches are aesthetic for lights, but necessary for the recruitment beacon (total settlers = 10+Charisma, if you've got a lot of charisma but not a lot of resources flipping that thing off is a good idea).
5) Can you "tab" it, and put it back in inventory? I'm sorry, but I've got heavy turrets so I can't answer the question.

In response,
1) Anyone know what to do with all these armor bits? In the older games you'd burn through them keeping repaired, but now I've got about 50 raider armor sets that "sell" for nothing. Between that, and the 8-10 different categories of Raider Chest Pieces there's a huge amount of armor that is just taking up space in a container.
2) Anyone seen any real results from their scavenging stations? After setting up 3 they just don't seem to be adding many resources, even after accounting for the whole once a day thing.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Software Windows 10 x64
dafuq?
This is possibly one of the most hillarious things I have seen a game character say.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
IIRC Every settler you assign could handle 6 foods (some food count as 0.5).
Which food they handle seems random.
So if you have 12 unit of foods, just assign 2 settlers to random plant and they manage themselves.

1) No, assign them to an area, and they'll tend to up to 12 plants. As everything but mutfruit produces 0.5 food, this means each farmer will produce between 6 and 12 food, once assigned.
2) Pretty much everything but mutfruit is 0.5 food. Mutfruit actually counts as 1.0.
3) Settlers assigned to guard duty can cover up to 3 spots. They tend to wander between multiple spots once assigned to guard duty.
4) Haven't even been able to repair, let alone refuel generators. I've got 6 currently running over 3 bases. I'd hazard to guess that despite the smoke a "generator" is supposed to be an atomic pile. The switches are aesthetic for lights, but necessary for the recruitment beacon (total settlers = 10+Charisma, if you've got a lot of charisma but not a lot of resources flipping that thing off is a good idea).
5) Can you "tab" it, and put it back in inventory? I'm sorry, but I've got heavy turrets so I can't answer the question.

I have eight settlers and thirty food score in workshop mode. I planted a lot of food as I am under the impression you grow it, harvest it to inventory, then replant it with workshop. I have a ton of melon plants, lots of razor, corn, some mutfruit, tato and gourds.
When you hover over a plant, it will have a red person icon if it's not assigned. I then assign someone, it gives the message resource is now assigned then it turns the red icon to a green.

What you're stating is that if I have twelve patches of razor and I send someone to harvest one, they then manage another five (is this proximity based or on type of plant - meaning do they go harvest razor on other side of town?) on their own, totalling six plants.
I would need a second person to gather the remaining six patches.

Of my eight settlers, one is Preston whom is always on patrol. I have a caravan guy whom is supposed to be going to Red Rocket, though he wanders around Sanctuary instead. Mama just sits in her custom chair. That leaves me five actually doing any work x 6 food patches each = thirty food, which makes sense.

Still, their lack of promptness when assigning a command, isn't very helpful. I wouldn't mind them taking their time if I could trust they would do what I say. Yet not only do they take forever but they head off in a different direction that I send them. It probably doesn't help that I've built the Jerusalem wall around my place - I suspect if they ever get outside somehow, they end up stuck.

Is assigning to a station or a stand different than say food patches? Can I not simply click, run over to other side of settlement, click assign and be done with it?

In short, I need more settlers and in the meantime, we be eating it up like a Golden Corral Buffet.

What can I do to increase settlers at this stage? I have a radio tower, I have a 60 positive rating and I have a food/drink bar.
My guess is more shops/trader stands - which cost money, and that's not something I am coming across a lot of consistently.

In response,
1) Anyone know what to do with all these armor bits? In the older games you'd burn through them keeping repaired, but now I've got about 50 raider armor sets that "sell" for nothing. Between that, and the 8-10 different categories of Raider Chest Pieces there's a huge amount of armor that is just taking up space in a container.
2) Anyone seen any real results from their scavenging stations? After setting up 3 they just don't seem to be adding many resources, even after accounting for the whole once a day thing.

1. Armor bits? You mean all the armor you can pick up? I scavenge it for materials/keep it in workshop.
2. I have one scavenging station - cannot say I've seen the benefit, though I read it's not a game breaker either way.[/QUOTE]

Can you unlock more things to build via the workshop later on? I ask because the default components such as prefabs, walls, roofs, floors, etc. are a bit lacking. A) There's a lot of similarities, too many that look the same or offer no benefit over the other. B) There's a lot of overlap, floors can be roofs, roofs can be floors. C) Other settlements in the game have concrete.. I noticed you can salvage and collect concrete...

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
BTW avoid vault 95 if you don't want to get your ass handed to you by the 2 assaultrons guarding it.

From the Wiki there is really nothing there of interest unless you are crafting with aluminum.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Mouse Rival 700
Can you unlock more things to build via the workshop later on? I ask because the default components such as prefabs, walls, roofs, floors, etc. are a bit lacking. A) There's a lot of similarities, too many that look the same or offer no benefit over the other. B) There's a lot of overlap, floors can be roofs, roofs can be floors. C) Other settlements in the game have concrete.. I noticed you can salvage and collect concrete...
Find Picket Fence magazines and it'll unlock few more things for workshop.

Lol, I hate Assaultron more than anything in the game. It's the only time I'll ever use buff (jet) other than stimpacks. *Actually too lazy to apply and manage buff*

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Software Windows 10 x64