• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Hard West (Review)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

Introduction

Hard West is the first great slam down of a Western Turn-Based Strategy title in basically forever. What's more it's not just about the harsh wastelands of the Frontier, but also features smatterings of the occult, and some crazy science in some instances. It's a title that follows two main storylines, each broken down into four or five scenarios. In each scenario you'll play a progression of that story, but perhaps in the viewpoint of a different, sometimes an entirely new character. It swings some rather interesting possibilities just within reach, all for a rather tantalising price too. For the first time you could say that Hard West has genuinely brought in some fresh looking mechanics for you to play about with too. Is it all too good to be true?

To read the full review, go to: http://www.nextpowerup.com/articles/hard-west-review/
To read the performance analysis, go to: http://www.nextpowerup.com/articles/hard-west-performance-analysis/

See below for the video review summary

System Name Workstation
Processor Intel Core-i9 9960x
Motherboard Asus WS X299 SAGE
Cooling Custom
Memory Crucial Ballistix 128 GB (8 x BL2K16G36C16U4B)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Storage Intel Optane 905P (SSDPED1D015TAX1), Sabrent Rocket 2 TB, 4 x HGST DC HC530
Display(s) NEC PA272W-BK-SV, Eizo CG2700S-BK
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX II, Sony WH-1000XM
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Platinum 1200 W
Mouse Logicool G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard Logicool G810
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, several Adobe software
Thank you very much for doing the review and analysis. I had quite fun playing the game and I did not realize it actually uses Unity engine. The limited graphics options kinds of give it away, but I had to check to make sure.

And the Western theme is very refreshing too. I like it, and I will play it again once I have time this weekend.

Once again, thank you very much for the review and performance analysis.
Cheers for the hard work!