• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Petr

Good day!
Will work together these video?

MSI GTX 780 Gaming OC GK110-300-A1 3072 MB (N780-TF-3GD5/OC)
and

ASUS GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC GK110-425-B1 3072 MB (GTX780Ti-DC2OC-3GD5)
MB Asus z87-A

Thanks!

Last edited:

alexman

Just signed up to say that I'm now running two (supposedly not SLI compatible) MSI GTX 750 Ti in SLI on a crossfire only mobo :D Thank you very much!

Good day!
Will work together these video?

MSI GTX 780 Gaming OC GK110-300-A1 3072 MB (N780-TF-3GD5/OC)
and

ASUS GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC GK110-425-B1 3072 MB (GTX780Ti-DC2OC-3GD5)
MB Asus z87-A

Thanks!

Well according to the list they should work. Try

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Morris

first of all, thanks so much for your effort on this,it works a treat. I have 2 GTX560 Ti running on a Crossfire only MB :).

Just a quick question im currently running the 358.50 Nvidia drivers, but would like to update to 358.91 for Fallout 4. am i right in thinking i just need to install these new drivers and run through the patch process again ?

or is there some uninstall routine i need to go through

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Drivers and certificates must be removed first. This method has been working for windows 10.

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
8. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
9. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
10. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
11. Reboot In Safe Mode.
12. Right click .install, edit. delete
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."
13. Run Install.cmd
14. REBOOT
15. ENABLE graphics cards
16. REBOOT
17. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel.
18. Enable UAC/ Virus Software, Reboot

Unique

Hope you can get it working for 358.91 as well. Currently the tool crashes:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: differentsliauto.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.3.1.0
Problem Signature 03: 55b17468
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba1da6f
Problem Signature 07: 3dab
Problem Signature 08: 23b
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.IOException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1043
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

/Edit: Lol old drivers didnt work either anymore, seemed I had to remove the nvlddmkm.sys.bak manually or it will crash. Going to test latest driver now :)

Last edited:

Tony Morris

Hope you can get it working for 358.91 as well. Currently the tool crashes:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: differentsliauto.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.3.1.0
Problem Signature 03: 55b17468
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba1da6f
Problem Signature 07: 3dab
Problem Signature 08: 23b
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.IOException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1043
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

/Edit: Lol old drivers didnt work either anymore, seemed I had to remove the nvlddmkm.sys.bak manually or it will crash. Going to test latest driver now :)

Hey Unique - did it work with 358.91 ?

Thanks
Tony

the_beast

Help!

I've managed to confuse myself and I've no idea if I'm expecting the wrong thing from this tool. A while back I became aware of the HyperSLI project but never needed to use it. However I now have inherited a 2009 Mac Pro (with the necessary multiple PCIe x16 slots) to try my pair of GTS 450 cards in (don't laugh - I know it's old but it's what I have, alongside a GT 430 and a GT 240). I went to try out HyperSLI, but the links are all broken and the general consensus seems to be that DifferentSLIAuto is the way to go now.

So I tried it out, with the intent to use the pair of 450s in SLI with the 430 for PhysX, in order to finally get around to trying out a copy of Batman I won ages ago. Everything seemed to go to plan, I enabled SLI, but to my (slight) surprise I couldn't choose to not SLI all 3 cards. With all the cards together everything crashed whenever I tried to do anything 3D-based. I discovered you can't not SLI compatible cards, so figured this must be an unintended side effect of DifferentSLI for me, so I swapped the 430 for my 240, thinking that would''t be compatible. However again all three cards SLI'ed, now with warnings about a missing bridge and again the crashes.

So I figured I'd try the 2 450s on their own, and live with them handling the PhysX. But with just the 2 cards the SLI option isn't present in any drivers I try.

I've tried all the cards in all permutations I can think of, with multiple driver versions, with/without bridge etc. But I can't get anything working in any useful way. The patching all works, the installs go OK, but nothing useful comes of it.

So - any suggestions? Or should I be trying HyperSlI for what I want, and if so does anyone have a (reliable) source for the files?

Elaura

Just in case someone missed this; I registered specifically to draw attention to it due to my own disappointment.

NVIDIA cards have two separate (and incompatible) classes/model versions. Although they may have worked together in previous versions of windows, they will not work in Windows 10. Fermi class cards, which means all 500 and below and some 600 series cards cannot be used in Windows 10 with Maxwell class cards - some 600 and all 700 series cards and up. Windows 10 will not load Fermi and Maxwell drivers at the same time.

Please see this page for details: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...dia-display-driver-for-my-older-graphics-card

This is not an issue with Different SLI. This is not necessarily an issue with NVIDIA drivers. This is an issue with Windows 10 not being able to load WDDM 1.3 mode drivers and WDDM 2.0 mode drivers simultaneously. It won't even work with Microsoft's native drivers. I was really disappointed when I followed all instructions and everything seemed to be working until I looked at device manager and saw the driver for my second card wouldn't load. Sadly, I'll have to forgo using different sli until my husband upgrades his GPU again. Good luck to all.

samuel2689

Hi guys, newbie here. Do I need to install beta drivers for this tool to work or I can just leave the latest certified drivers installed to make it work.

Also another thing, is this tool compatible with the GeForce 900 series that I can enable SLI on a GTX 970 with a GTX 950?

Tony Morris

Hi guys, newbie here. Do I need to install beta drivers for this tool to work or I can just leave the latest certified drivers installed to make it work.

Also another thing, is this tool compatible with the GeForce 900 series that I can enable SLI on a GTX 970 with a GTX 950?

Hi Samuel,

I've followed these steps a few times on Windows 7 now :

1. Download the latest Nvidia drivers (358.91 at time of writing)and extract them to the default location (C:\Nvidia for me)
2. Place your graphics cards in SLI and reboot into safe mode
3. Install the latest drivers from the default location as administrator and reboot
4. Download and extract differentSLIAuto 1.3.1
5. Copy nvlddmkm.dll from windows\system32\drivers into the location you extracted differentsliauto
6. Disable any antivirus software
7. run the differentsliauto.exe and click patch
8. run install.cmd as administrator
9. reboot
10. open nvidia control panel and enable SLI
11. profit

good luck
Tony

sky joe

Hi , I just registed to share with you my results :) , and say thanks to the develop team ( anatolymik ) and those who share information in this forum , thanks .

First of all , I am using differentsliauto to activate my non-SLI mother board , my system as below :
Mother board : Asrock B85 killer ( support crossfire only , not SLI )
System : Win 7 X64 sp1
GPU : NV GTS450 x2 ( 359.00 driver )

Here is my steps to make it work :

1. Place the graphics cards in SLI and install the latest drivers 359.00 and reboot
2. Copy nvlddmkm.sys from windows\system32\drivers into the location of differentsliauto
3. run the differentsliauto.exe and patch

4. Right click on "install.cmd" , edit with notepad , delete these 2 lines and save
net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin

5. run install.cmd as administrator
6. reboot
7. open nvidia control panel and enable SLI

Everything work great for me , my first card run in PCI express 2.0 x8 and second card run in PCI express 2.0 x4 ,
the performance in 3D mark 11 Basic is : 28xx with one GTS450 and 4969 with two GTS450 SLI , very good result for me :)

PS. the reason why I have to do the step 4 to delete 2 line in install.cmd is : if not , when I run the install.cmd , it keep tell me " please run as a administrator " and notthing happened ( even I am administrator already ) , the install.cmd only do it's job after I delete the 2 line .

That's the only problem happened in this case .

Last edited:

neo32

hello guys, can i connect sli at gtx 970 & gtx 470?
i know about WDM 2.0(970) and WDDM 1.3(470) mode on win 10 x64... but driver version 358.50 works good on this 2 cards(screenshot here). other drivers are not works
i tryed connect sli by instruction with 358.50... and after i get blue screen... "trouble nvlddmkm.sys"
can any one help me??

Attachments

• c2p2gasBCh4.jpg
    c2p2gasBCh4.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 553

Balazs Szekeres

Hello all :)

I was naive and thought that all EVGA GTX 970-s work together in SLI, now I know that this is not the case. So now I have an SC and an FTW+ version working together with this fine program. I still keep wondering, how much performance do I loose? Should I change one of the cards to have proper SLI?

spamiser

the difference is round about 50 Hz on the shader clock between them. not the mention worth. you will nothing loose. try it! but you are self responsible for your actions

Wakka

Just taken the Latest Windows 10 Build, and now I can't get different SLI to work, just have ! on the GPU's

Tried the latest NVIDIA drivers and Previous ones, 3 hours no SLI :(

Balazs Szekeres

Just taken the Latest Windows 10 Build, and now I can't get different SLI to work, just have ! on the GPU's

Tried the latest NVIDIA drivers and Previous ones, 3 hours no SLI :(

I also have the latest versions of everything, but works with the previously mentioned method:

Here is my steps to make it work :

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
8. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
9. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
10. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
11. Reboot In Safe Mode.
12. Right click .install, edit. delete
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."
13. Run Install.cmd
14. REBOOT
15. ENABLE graphics cards
16. REBOOT
17. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel.
18. Enable UAC/ Virus Software, Reboot

spamiser

patching worked for me in win 10 pro with this method:

1. installed the newest nvidia driver
2. copied nvlddmkm.dll in different sli 1.3.1 folder and patched with the patcher
3. booted into safe mod (run->msconfig chosen safe mode with networkdriver)
4. !!!disabled!!! in safemod the nvidia devices in device manager
5. installed with the install.bat (from different sli folder) the patched nvlddmkm.dll and
rebooted into normal mode (see point 3.)
6. activated the grafic devices in devicemanager
7. rebooted
8. activated sli in nvidia systemsettings
you may reboot again for save purpose

worked like charme!

Wakka

patching worked for me in win 10 pro with this method:

1. installed the newest nvidia driver
2. copied nvlddmkm.dll in different sli 1.3.1 folder and patched with the patcher
3. booted into safe mod (run->msconfig chosen safe mode with networkdriver)
4. !!!disabled!!! in safemod the nvidia devices in device manager
5. installed with the install.bat (from different sli folder) the patched nvlddmkm.dll and
rebooted into normal mode (see point 3.)
6. activated the grafic devices in devicemanager
7. rebooted
8. activated sli in nvidia systemsettings
you may reboot again for save purpose

worked like charme!

Cheers its step 4 that you stressed it only seems to work if you do the disable in safemode, go figure!