• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What you think about next Elder Scrolls game?

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
TL;DR at the bottom

A bit of background, I'm a big fan of The Elder Scrolls games, I started with Oblivion, then played morrowind, but ofcourse, I was playing it after Oblivion so I didn't get much 'epicness' compared to others who got to play TESIII first, I even learned how to make my own mods for Oblivion, I remember making a whole new castle-school complete with students and practice/trainings/lessons. I never got it released to the public though due to it being unpolished.

Then Fallout 3 came, and become a fan of it as well when they released it. Skyrim was awesome, so is Fallout 4.

This is just my opinion. but one of the biggest issues with bethesda games(for me) is the huge suspension of belief in the map/population size. sure it's pretty big and it's open world, but it is not very good scaled, I remember the battle of bruma in TESIV, where every city only sent one troop each for the very important task of saving the world, with the battle having only like 10 versus 10 at the great gate. It was epic, but at the same time silly. The imperial city was supposed to be the capital of the empire with hundreds of people in the streets during rush hours and lots of merchants and traders passing through with hundreds of structures, and we all know what we got in Oblivion. Dragon Age's battles (e.g. Ostagar) was pretty epic and contained thousands of soldiers, even though it's just cutscenes. The clever workaround they made is to somehow put the player's mission outside of the main battle. Maybe that's the price you get in a game(bethesda's) where there are no cutscenes or 'background' fights happening.

Skyrim kinda solved the NPC problem, but the map is still kinda squished despite what others are saying and everything seems pretty close together. Fallout 4 still suffers from the same issue, BUT, I they got the part right with the Glowing Sea, it was fuckin epic to wander around there. that's what I actually wanted, just roaming around the wilderness/wasteland, even if it's just the first time and you can fast travel the next time. Imagine climbing up the snowy mountains in Skyrim or roaming the woods in Oblivion. It was too squished together and I don't get the feeling of wandering around, they need to spread it out and put more dead spaces in between. Assassin's creed got it right in their cities.

Then multiplayer is the next best thing they can add. I KNOW TES IS A SINGLEPLAYER GAME, but it wouldn't hurt to add a multiplayer feature if it means a better game and socialization, and also better sales cause a lot of people buy legitimate games for the online feature. People have friends, and they often talk about games, and play with them. I know a lot of people who enjoy Bethesda games, but we kinda keep our adventures mostly to ourselves and all we can do is talk about it while not playing or sit behind the person and watch him play/vice versa. It would be super fun even just to roam the game world together.

I spent a lot of time building HUGE settlements in FO4, or modding Oblivion/Skyrim to my own tastes, for my own pleasure, building my own character and shit, I wanna share it with friends or the internet people or let them experience it, but it isn't really encouraging if you have to send the save file, or get them to your house just to show it, or just take screenshots to post online. Maybe a drop in/coop feature won't hurt, It would just function like a companion system, where your friend is the companion, maybe pay him for the service, trade with each other, have an optional feature where there is a shared instance for everyone, even just in the big cities. There are lots of ways to implement multiplayer in TES without destroying the 'TES' experience. Dead Island, FarCry 4, Dark Souls are examples of it.

Now about game setting and story, I really want a TIME TRAVEL using the Elder Scrolls to save the world to be the main thing of the story. It was pretty epic when you traveled back in time in Skyrim but it was too short and limited. WHAT IF, you can travel back in time, but it is still open world. so one map, but TWO versions of that initial map, with it's own sets of missions, characters, quests, and technologies, what you do in the past could affect the future timeline, kill someone's ancestor and he ends up vanishing, or with a different name/appearance/personality. Maybe back when the dwemer was still around. and no more DLCs, just expansion packs that unlock more areas of Tamriel, so we can finally explore the whole of tamriel in just one game. It would be pretty epic and would require a beast game engine. I wouldn't mind paying $60 for every expansion if it's like that.

that would be pretty epic.

TLDR; What I want for next TES game:
-A huge map, lots of dead places in between points of interests, like the Glowing Sea in FO4.
-Huge population density, even if it means more unnamed 'civilians' like in the Assassins Creed cities.
-Faster, or no loading screens. like Witcher 3
-The three points above might mean a NEW game engine.
-Coop/Online companion system, with trading, game world invites, or multiple player instances in big cities. like FarCry 4, Dark Souls.
-Expansion Packs instead of DLC/add-ons that unlock a part of Tamriel. ofcourse, with their own respective main quests, making it possible to explore the whole continent when all expansions are done.
-Story is about time travel using an elder scroll, you get two versions of the initial game map, both are equally open world and has their own sets of missions, characters, quests, and technologies. what you do in the past could affect the future timeline. dwemers and their technology is an interesting idea.
-More than 4 dialogue options. Fallout 4's dialogue system was a step-back. fully voiced or not, I won't care as long as I get more than 4 dialogue options.

Sorry for the long reply

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
where every city only sent one troop each for the very important task of saving the world, with the battle having only like 10 versus 10 at the great gate. It was epic, but at the same time silly.
It's obvious though.
Oblivion is demanding game at that time. Even that 10v10 would bring average systems to its knees. I think I had X1900XT at that time and it's laggy.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Is Skyrim part of Elder Scrolls? Confused..

Yes. It is part of The Elder Scrolls series. Officially it is known as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.