• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Fallout 4 (Discussion)

Possible locations of all power armor!

I don't believe the person that ran this particular map is shooting at 100%.

The locations are correct, but the armor seems to spawn dependent upon your level rather than anything else. IE, the armor that spawned for me at the National Guard outpost was X-01 and X-01 MkIII respectively. I didn't enter that area until I'd reached level 39 though, Conversely, I passed near the two armors around Finch Farm, and received a T-51 set and an empty frame respectively (passed near them at around level 30, but didn't find them until on my way back from raiding the National Guard post).

Additionally, there are a few extra things to note.

The armor at the National Guard depot generally has a raider pop into it immediately, so the pieces respawn every 30 days. It's easy to kill them, and get 2-4 pieces of level dependent armor regularly.
Said raiders seem to be about 2 levels below your spawn. IE, my first encounter with them was raider armor, then T-45, and most recently T51 (when I was finding X-01).
If you manage to get the armor before they get in (as I managed at the Interstate Crossing) you don't have it respawn.
For a better description, check this out: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Power_armor_frame

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Almost reach level 30 and I am handling baddies quite well now. I pretty much went all INT + LUCK so I have advanced weapons with tons of ammo. Armor is kinda weak but don't really need it when one shot killing people.

Processor I5 4690K @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
Cooling Swiftech H140X
Memory 16GB Crucial BallistiX 1866Mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Storage 850 PRO 1TB SSD, 840 EVO 500GB SSD, 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Nixeus EDG 27-Inch IPS 1440P, 144HZ 16:9
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse G600
Keyboard G710+
Software Win 10 64B
Almost reach level 30 and I am handling baddies quite well now. I pretty much went all INT + LUCK so I have advanced weapons with tons of ammo. Armor is kinda weak but don't really need it when one shot killing people.
I grinded it out to level 41 so I now have Gun Nut Rank 4, along with Blacksmith/ Science/ Armorer...

Got a full set of X-01 Power armor, even installed a custom skin mod for it. Got it colored full Matte Dark red with Black flames. Pretty badass looking. Also equipped with a jetpack ;D

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
I grinded it out to level 41 so I now have Gun Nut Rank 4, along with Blacksmith/ Science/ Armorer...

Got a full set of X-01 Power armor, even installed a custom skin mod for it. Got it colored full Matte Dark red with Black flames. Pretty badass looking. Also equipped with a jetpack ;D

Sounds awesome. Too bad the game is getting a bit stagnant now though. The missions are all the same. Go here, shoot this person, come back, repeat. I think I am going to focus on charisma so that I can setup settlement trading, etc.

Cooling Swiftech H140X
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Mouse G600
Keyboard G710+
Software Win 10 64B
Sounds awesome. Too bad the game is getting a bit stagnant now though. The missions are all the same. Go here, shoot this person, come back, repeat. I think I am going to focus on charisma so that I can setup settlement trading, etc.

Agreed. I kind of realized this at first and kind of just made the settlement development / defending part of my story line gameplay. Once I got bored of the standard gameplay, I go back to my 4-story high-rise mansion and RP a small bit ;)

I am not really far into the story at all, still need to travel to the glowing Sea. I have 95 hours of gameplay.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
When in VATS, I cannot select the body part I want to hit consistently. It's often unavailable or nothing happens when I move the directional key.
At first I thought this was by design, because your character has to get better at it, though I cannot find it mentioned any where online.

Anyone? Couldn't be the controller..it's official 360. Really stumps me.

Agreed. I kind of realized this at first and kind of just made the settlement development / defending part of my story line gameplay. Once I got bored of the standard gameplay, I go back to my 4-story high-rise mansion and RP a small bit ;)

I am not really far into the story at all, still need to travel to the glowing Sea. I have 95 hours of gameplay.

I don't think the main story line is nearly as important as the side quests. I almost forgot which one was the main quest, until go towards Diamond city and enemies are suddenly much easier than anywhere else. I've finished up the introduction to the Minutemen, and that's as far as I've gotten in the main story. Just took back the castle, because I'm looking forward to calling a mortar strike on the mental hospital. I think the main quest is going to be the last thing I do, given that most of the factions are grade A a**holes in my book.

For everything else screwy with the game, it seems like there's finally a decent amount of questing designed to introduce you to the locations. One settler tells you about another settlement, and when you clear it our you can build another base. From there, you get local items that introduce other places on the map (notices, fliers, etc...). Heck, I had Hallucinogen Inc. and Jamaica Planes introduced on my map before I met Paladin Danse for the first time. It's a huge step up in the story, compared to the previous games where exploration was just "run in some direction until you hit something."

I've managed about 15 power armor frames, 80 full fusion cores, and have yet to feel like it's anything but a crutch. Even when a ton of enemies have the skull, it's hard to feel like I'm being punished when a sniper build can accidentally one shot a legendary. I'd almost say that if you added the Ninja, Rifleman, and Sniper perks (along with either instigating or 2 shot special weapons) together that the game would be broken. They "fixed" this by locking perks to minimum levels, but I'd say about 80% of the perks aren't useful (10% everyone needs, and 10% are needed based upon your weapon choice).

Another screwy tip. If you hit building limits, there's a workaround. Pull a bunch of your junk out, and drop it. Go into crafting, and scrap the items into their components. The game doesn't count the dropped items as built items for your limit, but the scrapping actually decreases the count of built items. I've managed to do this at both the Starlight Drive-in and Sanctuary Hills accidentally, and it makes a gigantic 5 story palace possible where the bottom is food and water, the first and second levels are power and shops (due to generator/shop heights eating into the floors above them), the third level is sleeping quarters, the fourth and fifth levels are personal spaces, and 20 heavy laser turrets can obliterate a Deathclaw in less than 3 seconds.

I've also been blessed with some of the screwiest drops ever. There was a super mutant butcher than dropped a Junkie's Deathclaw gauntlet (making a boozed and drugged out melee character 100% playable and surprisingly lethal). The Instigating sniper rifle is amazing, and a two-shot 10mm pistol provides a surprising amount of stopping power at close range (while being cheap on the ammo costs). The only weapon I'm still looking forward to is the double shot Fatman. That+MIRV = utter devastation (16 projectiles per one consumed). I'd like to test it on a Mirelurk Queen and see if even it can survive that devastation.

Cooling Swiftech H140X
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Mouse G600
Keyboard G710+
Software Win 10 64B
I don't think the main story line is nearly as important as the side quests. I almost forgot which one was the main quest, until go towards Diamond city and enemies are suddenly much easier than anywhere else. I've finished up the introduction to the Minutemen, and that's as far as I've gotten in the main story. Just took back the castle, because I'm looking forward to calling a mortar strike on the mental hospital. I think the main quest is going to be the last thing I do, given that most of the factions are grade A a**holes in my book.

For everything else screwy with the game, it seems like there's finally a decent amount of questing designed to introduce you to the locations. One settler tells you about another settlement, and when you clear it our you can build another base. From there, you get local items that introduce other places on the map (notices, fliers, etc...). Heck, I had Hallucinogen Inc. and Jamaica Planes introduced on my map before I met Paladin Danse for the first time. It's a huge step up in the story, compared to the previous games where exploration was just "run in some direction until you hit something."

I've managed about 15 power armor frames, 80 full fusion cores, and have yet to feel like it's anything but a crutch. Even when a ton of enemies have the skull, it's hard to feel like I'm being punished when a sniper build can accidentally one shot a legendary. I'd almost say that if you added the Ninja, Rifleman, and Sniper perks (along with either instigating or 2 shot special weapons) together that the game would be broken. They "fixed" this by locking perks to minimum levels, but I'd say about 80% of the perks aren't useful (10% everyone needs, and 10% are needed based upon your weapon choice).

Another screwy tip. If you hit building limits, there's a workaround. Pull a bunch of your junk out, and drop it. Go into crafting, and scrap the items into their components. The game doesn't count the dropped items as built items for your limit, but the scrapping actually decreases the count of built items. I've managed to do this at both the Starlight Drive-in and Sanctuary Hills accidentally, and it makes a gigantic 5 story palace possible where the bottom is food and water, the first and second levels are power and shops (due to generator/shop heights eating into the floors above them), the third level is sleeping quarters, the fourth and fifth levels are personal spaces, and 20 heavy laser turrets can obliterate a Deathclaw in less than 3 seconds.

I've also been blessed with some of the screwiest drops ever. There was a super mutant butcher than dropped a Junkie's Deathclaw gauntlet (making a boozed and drugged out melee character 100% playable and surprisingly lethal). The Instigating sniper rifle is amazing, and a two-shot 10mm pistol provides a surprising amount of stopping power at close range (while being cheap on the ammo costs). The only weapon I'm still looking forward to is the double shot Fatman. That+MIRV = utter devastation (16 projectiles per one consumed). I'd like to test it on a Mirelurk Queen and see if even it can survive that devastation.

I didn't get into Fo3 much, I only played a little. Played new vegas a good amount, But I don't think I ever fully completed that one either.

But yes, I really lost track of what the main quest was and I was kind of just focusing on the minutemen / BOS quests along with building up some of my settlements.

I try to pick and choose settlements because having all 30 settlements to build on is just to much work.

I'll probably stick to a maximum of 10 bases total and just deck them all out.

The power armor is definitely a crutch... At first I was not using it, but now being level 40+ I run around in it 24/7 just because I have a custom skin installed and It just looks to damn cool to take off.

And yes I agree with your analysis of the perks...

Also too, there's a good file on Fo4 Nexus... Its just a file you place into your Fo4 directory I believe, and you just open your console, select your workshop, and type "bat settlement" in the console and it will clear your building limit. This was much more convenient then scrapping your junk over and over inside your settlement.

I didn't get into Fo3 much, I only played a little. Played new vegas a good amount, But I don't think I ever fully completed that one either.

But yes, I really lost track of what the main quest was and I was kind of just focusing on the minutemen / BOS quests along with building up some of my settlements.

I try to pick and choose settlements because having all 30 settlements to build on is just to much work.

I'll probably stick to a maximum of 10 bases total and just deck them all out.

The power armor is definitely a crutch... At first I was not using it, but now being level 40+ I run around in it 24/7 just because I have a custom skin installed and It just looks to damn cool to take off.

And yes I agree with your analysis of the perks...

Also too, there's a good file on Fo4 Nexus... Its just a file you place into your Fo4 directory I believe, and you just open your console, select your workshop, and type "bat settlement" in the console and it will clear your building limit. This was much more convenient then scrapping your junk over and over inside your settlement.

I'm aware of the file. I have two large settlements (going to be 3 in the end), that feed off of resources from all the rest. The rate of fiber optic material is substantial enough to form a pair of 4 heavy laser turret batteries, which has never failed to defend any settlement. That, and the ability travel over encumbered means I can loot a shop and fast travel to any new shop to immediately setup infrastructure for 20 NPCs (before even one shows up). I've yet to be so pushed for resources that a new settlement couldn't be completed in about 10 minutes after it was cleared of hostiles. Come back in about 7 days, and there were enough NPCs to get things done. After that, just watch the three main settlements pump out huge amounts of resources.

The satellite settlements rarely hit their build limits. I don't exactly like having to run console (it does break achievements), and this does the same things while not having to deal with the game randomly deciding what to break down. It isn't ideal (I've probably wasted an hour just on breaking things down), but it means I'm still in the vanilla game without ever having to decide between building and style.

It does kind highlight the BS amount of items that can be in a settlement though. I'm looking forward to mods to fix that permanently, and some storage containers that NPCs cannot access.

It is fun to armor everyone in dresses and flight helmets though. Seeing an army of NPCs wielding miniguns in that clothing was...trippy.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix

Bow

System Name SLOW-MO-SHUN III
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 7950X 4.5ghz 16 Core
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon wifi
Cooling Quench 360 Liquid Cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR 5-5200
Video Card(s) NVidia GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 SSD 2TB 2.5 SanDisk SSD Plus
Display(s) Asus 28" VP28UQG 4K 3840x2160
Case Athena M1, 6 Chassis Fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000W
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer Ornata
Software Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Do to a promise that I made my wife and kids( I can only play when no one else is home, long story) I am just now starting to play. So instead of going back and reading the last 41 pages, any tips, tricks, hints?

Do to a promise that I made my wife and kids( I can only play when no one else is home, long story) I am just now starting to play. So instead of going back and reading the last 41 pages, any tips, tricks, hints?

1) Build settlements early. Invest at least 5 points into charisma (6 if you aren't going to use the skill book for +1 to Charisma). This will allow you to start automatically harvesting junk items, to convert into weapon/armor mods later. The 6 level of charisma can unlock supply lines, which allow settlements to share crafting resources. It makes having multiple settlements still acceptable for ease of crafting.
2) Spend some time in your settlements. Sometimes people will tell you about the location of other settlements, allowing you to unlock map locations.
3) Science, Armorer, and Gun Nut perks are necessary for the crafting minded. There's nothing like the Deep Pockets mod to allow you to carry more stuff in the early game.
4) Don't sell stuff. The caps system in this game is crazy different than in the past. Weapons sell for next to nothing, so scrapping them for materials is probably a better option.
5) Invest into intelligence. It seems like it has a direct bearing on experience earned for everything. A low intelligence character just doesn't level.

6) Seek out a tutorial on building online. Bethesda did a crap job explaining it.
7) Keep the vault jumpsuit. It's one of a few items that you can wear under the armor bits, and it can be upgraded dramatically. At level 45 I'm still wearing mine.
8) Melee is immensely more amazing now. Bringing a knife to a gun fight is actually pretty amazing.
9) Power armor seems like a good idea in the early game, but it isn't. Too few fusion cores, and too expensive to keep repaired. You don't need it.
10) This is loaded. There are two types of "new" enemies. There are level bound brutes, who have a skull at the end of their name. This means they are higher level than you, and might be difficult to kill. Likewise, there are legendary enemies. These are enemies that when low on health mutate, completely regen health, and come right back at you harder than before (the exception is one shot kills, which prevent mutation). The legendaries drop special loot, with substantial bonuses. For example, an Instigating sniper rifle does +100% damage to an enemy if it hits them at full health. Legendaries pull random items and bonuses though, so I've seen things like a Junkie's Deathclaw gauntlet (suffering from withdrawl makes you hit harder),

11) Screw the story (after the founding of your first settlements), and explore. To that end, get the Aqua Boy/Girl perk soon, as there is quite a bit of water in the commonwealth. The initial weapon choices are terrible (pipe weapons, even fully upgraded, are just barely above garbage), so you'll have to get a few levels to get something awesome. After exploring for a few hours go back and build. I've gone from level 43-44 just building a trio of settlements, and at low levels the experience is even better.
12) If you run into the build limit on a settlement you can manually drop junk from your inventory, and scrap it. This can actually decrease the perceived items "built" down to zero, allowing an settlement to fill all of its space with items.
13) Craft. Craft. Craft some more. If you're farming quite a bit you'll never run out of adhesive. Between the crafting xp, and the building xp, you could theoretically just build a bunch of settlements to power level without ever needing a gun.

14) Have fun. It's a Bethesda game. There are a ton of bugs, some areas where performance absolutely blows, and "special" AI. Despite this, the game is fun. Enjoy it, but don't ever let the minor flaws detract from an otherwise great game.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
Hmm random tips

Perk
- Prioritize weapon mod perk such as Gun Nut for range or Blacksmith for melee. Armor mod isn't as great.
- Prioritize weapon damage booster perks such as Commando, Gunslinger, or Rifleman. Bigger damage make the game much easier
- If you're ranged, Scrounger perk is a must, at least one point. You can't craft your own ammo, so you need this.
- Locksmith and Hacker too.
- Scrapper perk is nice to have, especially if you want to build big settlements.
- Sneak perk and Cap collector sound good but they aren't really great IMHO. You'll do well without this perk.

SPECIAL
- Charm isn't really useful, except if you want its perks
- Intelligence is not that great either. The XP bonus is relatively low.

Gameplay
- Aim weapon yourself at lower level or low perception instead of using VATS. It's surprisingly accurate.
- Pick every single adhesive-esque objects such as wonderglue, vegetable starch, or duct tape. It's important for weapon/armor mods.
- Don't run when sneaking (except if you 4 star in Sneak perk). It's not as forgiving when running as other Bethesda titles.
- Ninja + Mister Sandman + silenced weapon make 525% sneak damage. Of course if you like challenge, don't use this and stick to your pipe revolver.
- Many quests from Preston (Minutemen) are radiant/repeatable quest. Don't waste your time stuck on that cycle if you don't want.
- Cap isn't as important like in previous Fallout. Don't waste your time maximizing trading profit.
- Settlements isn't important, only for your amusement. If you like it, pick every junk you could carry and transfer it to workshop as is (it'll be accessible to weapon/armor/chemistry/cooking crafter in the area without turning it into scrap first). You need to scrap weapon and armor manually for this.

A bit spoiler (it's at the start of the game if you don't mind), my friend find it the hard way :D
Change appearance only for character you want to play, either Nate or Nora - don't wasting your time changing both. The partner of your character will die shortly.

Reactions: Bow
Cooling Swiftech H140X
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Mouse G600
Keyboard G710+
Software Win 10 64B
Interesting..... I plugged a small 3rd monitor in and now when I try to run FO4 in borderless windowed mode the game is automatically locking the game to 30 FPS.

I even went in the Fallout4Pref.ini and changed the command that apparently limits the FPS to 30. Even though before I plugged in the 3rd monitor Windowed mode worked @ 60 FPS just fine.

Even more odd, after I changed the command in the .ini I launched the game and my FPS was reading 59FPS on afterburner, but the game was definitely playing at 30FPS.

If I play at fullscreen it plays fine at 60 fps... but its annoying going from monitor to monitor having to alt tab first.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
How the hell was this created? Nice the game didn't crash though. I guess the move to 64bit helped stability a lot.

The textures and models though, that's actually worse than Skyrim. How the hell could they release this in 2015?

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
The textures and models though, that's actually worse than Skyrim. How the hell could they release this in 2015?
Nice question but probably because of performance figure and hence userbase.
In my opinion, textures and models seem on par with Skyrim with HQ texture DLC. It's using 2K textures after all.
Or maybe because of its artstyle? people often appreciate lush jungle more than bleakness of post apocalypse.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Hmm you might be correct (I don't even understand how the game can run at higher than zero fps in such situation)
I saw some ultra quality footage and screenshots previously though, and the models looked just as awful. It's not even about the style. Closeup of a supermutant for example is just horrible. I can't tell whether it's extremely bad texture, bad meshes or both.

Hmm you might be correct (I don't even understand how the game can run at higher than zero fps in such situation)
I saw some ultra quality footage and screenshots previously though, and the models looked just as awful. It's not even about the style. Closeup of a supermutant for example is just horrible. I can't tell whether it's extremely bad texture, bad meshes or both.

Both.

I've had textures decide to load low resolution, textures not load, and the game absolutely chug in an area with multiple building.

On the detected settings, with a 7970 and 3930k, the game occasionally decides to flip me the bird. It's a Bethesda game through and through. If you look at those games though, there's no indication it wasn't shot at half speed or lower, then sped into real time to look buttery smooth. I'd hazard that's the only way more than 20 enemies could be on screen at once on anything but a super computer.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
After playing for another hour or so I'm actually angry. This game is so bad it's actually making me angry. I haven't felt things for games in ages, but now I am. I won't detail all the things that sucks about is, because it's EVERYTHING. It's not merely not a Fallout game (because by Marcus it isn't even pretending to be one), it's not even a good anything. And the worst part, the part that is behind the majority of the anger? People want it to suck, and they give Bethsoft and that motherloving son of an actual traffic accident Todd Howard all their money for making crappy games. Had EA published (published, not developed) anything with this level of quality there would have been actual riots in the streets.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard B550 Aorus PRO V2
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Trio X
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME/Supertalent Teranova 2x1TB
Display(s) Acer XV340CK
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G513 Tactile
Software Windows 10 Pro
Interesting..... I plugged a small 3rd monitor in and now when I try to run FO4 in borderless windowed mode the game is automatically locking the game to 30 FPS.

I even went in the Fallout4Pref.ini and changed the command that apparently limits the FPS to 30. Even though before I plugged in the 3rd monitor Windowed mode worked @ 60 FPS just fine.

Even more odd, after I changed the command in the .ini I launched the game and my FPS was reading 59FPS on afterburner, but the game was definitely playing at 30FPS.

If I play at fullscreen it plays fine at 60 fps... but its annoying going from monitor to monitor having to alt tab first.
Try turning on gpu scaling.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
How the hell was this created? Nice the game didn't crash though. I guess the move to 64bit helped stability a lot.

I thought someone said Fallout 4 comes with HD textures?

anyways, I finished Fallout 4. I think I had a FALLING OUT WITH FALLOUT SERIES.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
The contrast/brightness of interiors is starting to ruin the game for me to the point where I don't want to enter any buildings(zones, not just open world buildings).
I don't understand why everything is lit up like a tanning salon bed. Besides being painful to look at, it doesn't work with the surrounding environment nor does it mechanically make sense because there's no light source putting out these K.C. Jeep mounted mag lights everywhere.
Assuming no spot lights, the only lights to be seen around are often the halogen long tube shaped ones. They're everywhere, you first find them in Sanctuary which aren't actually active, they're just objects on a ceiling, looking dingy and worse for wear. They have no power running to them, of course they don't, the building(s) has no power itself.
Yet there they are, lit up making me wonder why I am even bothering to build generators and add lamps.

WHERE ARE ALL THESE LIGHT SOURCES COMING FROM!!!??!?!

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
This sounds like the sort of massive project for which a large mod will be done. There are people that go house by house, square meter by square meter outdoors and fix all that. Similar was done for FNV.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
This sounds like the sort of massive project for which a large mod will be done. There are people that go house by house, square meter by square meter outdoors and fix all that. Similar was done for FNV.
I was having this same thought on the toilet and in the shower. The problem is that it may actually have to be room by room, rather than a global adjustment, because these lights are sometimes static and not dynamic - as if it's just a hyper contrasted set of textures.
Then I go and play some Alien Isolation with the uber graphics mod and the removed Alien so I can explore. It's breath taking how good and detailed it is - the lighting is really a sight to behold.

It makes it difficult to go back to Fallout, even though it is nice looking in it's own right.

Last edited: