• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Throwing the Gauntlet at Intel for releasing biased & unreliable benches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Instead of bitching everytime something didn't go theit way amd should just take a leaf out of Intels book and lie.

Processor FX6350@4.2ghz-i54670k@4ghz
Video Card(s) HD7850-R9290
Interesting.. while I do agree with AMD we all know there is still games and programs people use that could show around 50% performance difference.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
the ghist of that story that i get is
AMD gripe that they cannot Beat Intel
Some Tests show intel wipes the floor with AMD and some show they only lose by a smaller margin
( They STILL GET BEAT )
Simple answer ""SELL A PRODUCT that Beats Intel

System Name Chachamaru-IV | Retro Battlestation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Intel Pentium II 450MHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | MSI MS-6116 (Intel 440BX chipset)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Memory 32GB Corsair DDR4-3000 (16-20-20-38) | 512MB PC133 SDRAM
Video Card(s) nVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 FE | 3dfx Voodoo3 3000
Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 NVME SSD (OS), Toshiba 3TB (Storage), Toshiba 3TB (Steam)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 27" @ 1440p144 & Dell P2312H @ 1080p60
Case SilverStone Seta A1 | Beige box
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Speakers), Creative Zen Hybrid headset | Sound Blaster AWE64
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2 | 250W ASETEC
Mouse Roccat Kone Air| Microsoft Serial Mouse v2.0A
Keyboard Vortex Race3 | Dell AT102W
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | Microsoft Windows 98SE
Even without the benches being stacked in Intel's favour, AMD still loses. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

System Name Perf/price king /w focus on low noise and TDP
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Cooling Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A (BW)
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 & 256GB Samsung 830 Series
Display(s) Home: LG 29UB65-P & Work: LG 34UB88-B
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX /w Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply be quiet! Straight Power CM E9 80+ Gold 480W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD optical
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M500
Software Win10
A quote from the article:
which brings us to an important point: PCMark8 measures the overall performance of a particular system, while SYSmark measures raw CPU performance. If one were to compare two processors directly, which software would be more suitable? Food for thought.
Edit: Actions speak louder than words. If Zen doesn't prove to be a worthy alternative to Intel's offerings, AMD's future surely looks gloomy.

Last edited:
System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)
problem about AMD is that they're desperate for a comeback after their rather disappointing sales after the data has been tallied for Q4 2015... and they're not happy with it. So, the only way for them to "throw" their anger is lamenting & pointing fingers at Intel for unrealistic benches claims when they (AMD) are the ones that exaggerate their claims on their rather old, refurbished chips are faster than Intel & Nvidia by a huge, unrealistic margin. With Zen & Polaris coming out, I have a feeling no one wants to help AMD after this brouhaha...

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
the ghist of that story that i get is
AMD gripe that they cannot Beat Intel
Some Tests show intel wipes the floor with AMD and some show they only lose by a smaller margin
( They STILL GET BEAT )

And let me deal a hand of poker to you with a marked & stacked deck and see how things go.

Intel has for years been stacking the deck against all competitors period, not just AMD and since the compiler used for well..... Just about everything out there was either made or at least influenced by Intel, the stacking of the deck is there. Any test(s) period will never run as well as it does on an Intel because of it hence the stacking of the deck.

Not saying this is the complete cause since I'm sure AMDs are slower IF things are on an even keel.
AMD has been guilty of shooting themselves in the foot several times over the years and can't seem to get the boat to even run straight, much less on course and that isn't helping either.
Any blame to be had cannot be placed on the proper shoulders since those responsible have already left the building with the suitcases of cash in hand, leaving the mess to those following to cleanup. Maybe something good will come of the next releases they have BUT it's no good if they don't get them out the door into the market AND if they don't do as expected or even close like BD.

All I can say is these test results don't exactly tell the complete story, if you want to rely on these as the "End all that ends all" to it that's OK because it's up to you, but I don't.

If you really want to pay out the ass both ways for your next celeron CPU let Intel become the only game in town period: You Intel fanboys will love giving up your first, second and even third born for the basic CPU package..... Don't even ask about any of the higher models when that times comes.... So just hope that time never does come.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
And let me deal a hand of poker to you with a marked & stacked deck and see how things go.

Intel has for years been stacking the deck against all competitors period, not just AMD and since the compiler used for well..... Just about everything out there was either made or at least influenced by Intel, the stacking of the deck is there. Any test(s) period will never run as well as it does on an Intel because of it hence the stacking of the deck.

Not saying this is the complete cause since I'm sure AMDs are slower IF things are on an even keel.
AMD has been guilty of shooting themselves in the foot several times over the years and can't seem to get the boat to even run straight, much less on course and that isn't helping either.
Any blame to be had cannot be placed on the proper shoulders since those responsible have already left the building with the suitcases of cash in hand, leaving the mess to those following to cleanup. Maybe something good will come of the next releases they have BUT it's no good if they don't get them out the door into the market AND if they don't do as expected or even close like BD.

All I can say is these test results don't exactly tell the complete story, if you want to rely on these as the "End all that ends all" to it that's OK because it's up to you, but I don't.

If you really want to pay out the ass both ways for your next celeron CPU let Intel become the only game in town period: You Intel fanboys will love giving up your first, second and even third born for the basic CPU package..... Don't even ask about any of the higher models when that times comes.... So just hope that time never does come.

""DID YOU NOT EVEN CONSIDER" That i may not be an INTEL fan boy i might Be an AMD Fan Boy pleading for AMD to

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Not an fanboy of either... I happen to own both and never accused anyone of being such so please, chill out. :rolleyes:

I was making a point of my own here and I do stand by it. Fanboy or not or whatever I don't care because in the end that won't make any difference between the two or three or however many companies would be a part of it, each one would gladly take your money - It's a matter of you or whoever deciding who gets it.

What I hate more is how Intel compiler treats AMD CPU's even if they support all the required extensions. If AMD CPU runs Intel compiled binaries, it'll automatically be gimped.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
What I hate more is how Intel compiler treats AMD CPU's even if they support all the required extensions. If AMD CPU runs Intel compiled binaries, it'll automatically be gimped.

Which happens to be most compilers if not all out there, certainly the industry itself is loaded with them and you can certainly bet the software used for testing was compiled with them.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
This is not Intel lying. It is just AMD whining (though with justified reason).

And Intel is not staking the deck either (not any more than ANY marketing weenie does for the product they are barking). It is just good marketing.

And this is not about one being a AMD fanboy or a Intel fanboy either.

Pick any Internet browser and you can find a benchmark or review that puts it on top. Pick a anti-malware program and you can find a test that puts it on top. Pick any pickup truck and you can find a review or award that puts it on top.

All benchmarking programs are synthetic! Even those marketed as representing "real-world" are not really real-world tests - in part because every single one of the estimated 1.5 billion Windows computers in use today becomes unique within the first couple minutes of its first use! Right off the bat, users setup their unique networking, security, backgrounds and Desktop colors, favorite browsers, printers (and other attached hardware), and install their favorite apps. They use the CPUs with their motherboards, their RAM, drives, and their graphics solutions - all of which can affect overall performance.

This is the same marketing propaganda war that happened years ago in the home entertainment industry over amplifier power ratings, distortion levels, frequency responses, and power handling capability of speaker systems. Klipsch claimed their horn based speakers were best because they were the most efficient. Bose claimed their backwards firing speakers were best because they had better "dispersion". AR claimed they were the best because they had the deepest distortion-free bass.

And all were right!

But no one speaker system had the best efficiency, deepest bass, highest highs, widest dispersion, tightest localization, and least distortion too. Plus, everyone's ears are different, as are their tastes in music (a critical criterial when selecting a speaker) - just as every Windows based computer is different and every computer user's needs are different too.

The problem here is AMD and Intel CPUs should not be compared directly in terms of "performance". This is especially pertinent since AMD announced several years ago it will stop competing head-to-head with Intel.

It is us, computer enthusiasts and the IT press (and smart IT marketing/PR weenies at Intel) who keep perpetrating the problem by constantly comparing the two in performance - forcing AMD to defend itself against unfair press reports and consumer perceptions.

I can't find a good analogy. Maybe it is like comparing an office desk chair to a recliner. They are both chairs. Both need to be comfortable. Both are for sitting and need to be reliable and long lasting. But can one claim to be better than the other? Yes! Depending on the test criteria (benchmark program) you use. But is one best for ALL your sitting needs? Of course not. It is hard to fall out of a recliner if you doze off! ;)

AMD makes great CPUs! They are efficient, powerful, generally very competitively priced, and extremely reliable products you can expect to perform for years and years flawlessly. While I just happen to prefer Intel CPUs for my personal builds, I've used AMDs on many builds with no problems, and still have happy clients.

And just another side note - while AMD CPUs tend to be more affordable, when you factor in the price of the motherboard, RAM, graphics solution, case, PSU, drives, keyboard & mouse, speakers, and monitor, the cost difference becomes much less significant, and basically a wash once you spread that cost over the expected 3 - 5 (or longer) years of service you can expect from that computer.

It will REALLY be interesting to see what happens when/if Samsung buys AMD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
Problem here is that people tend to believe Intel is much more powerful in much bigger price which is a steal of their money as with 60% the Intel's price you can have a 90% cpu from AMD compared to it. VFM results are greatly distorted because of biased benchmarks. And because of the majority of people who buy on a badget go for the best value for their money, it hurts AMD very much. Simple eh?

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Good points Bill.

I will say Intel back in the day did a brilliant job of advertising - Remember the aliens saying "Peeennntiuuuuummm"?
Intel was the only chipmaker back then doing such, never saw any ads from AMD, Cyrix, IBM, or anyone else involved with chipmaking at the time.

They used this to establish the brand name and product line in the same way you'd think of many common products by the same name - And it worked.

Did anyone read the article? I ask because the argument seems to be that no matter what Intel will win. The article itself draws no conclusion as such, it only states relative performance varies by test type and assumptions.

What we're seeing instead is that Intel vs. AMD, in a laptop, is relatively close in some synthetic benchmarks and different in other synthetics. The test that supposedly is more relevant to CPUs demonstrates a bigger difference than those tests which test multiple aspects of the system.

What has been proven is that in every day tasks your CPU is less of a factor than other things in your system. Maybe the processor is 10% (figures here are round numbers, not real representations) slower, but as it only accounts for 10% of the total time required to do a task (call data, import it, manipulate it, write new data, repeat) so your actual difference in performance is 6%.

Isn't this an obvious conclusion? Intel tests with a CPU tester so that their superior processing is shown. AMD wants to test with a whole system test because even if their CPU is slower the time loss is sponged up by less expedient procedures.

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Did anyone read the article? I ask because the argument seems to be that no matter what Intel will win. The article itself draws no conclusion as such, it only states relative performance varies by test type and assumptions.

What we're seeing instead is that Intel vs. AMD, in a laptop, is relatively close in some synthetic benchmarks and different in other synthetics. The test that supposedly is more relevant to CPUs demonstrates a bigger difference than those tests which test multiple aspects of the system.

What has been proven is that in every day tasks your CPU is less of a factor than other things in your system. Maybe the processor is 10% (figures here are round numbers, not real representations) slower, but as it only accounts for 10% of the total time required to do a task (call data, import it, manipulate it, write new data, repeat) so your actual difference in performance is 6%.

Isn't this an obvious conclusion? Intel tests with a CPU tester so that their superior processing is shown. AMD wants to test with a whole system test because even if their CPU is slower the time loss is sponged up by less expedient procedures.

The whole point is as you put it in the last part of your post.
You can sum it up in several ways with each one giving a different picture of how things are or if you'd like, a "Spin" on things.

Intel wants to "Prove" it's the best with CPU alone testing.
AMD wants to prove it's a good product by letting tests involving all aspects of the system tell the tale.

In reality both as said are right and wrong.
It's a matter of perception to who's looking at the results as presented with the hope your perception will agree with what they want you to see - Based on who's doing the hoping of course. :oops:

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
At the end of the day if you took the stickers off of both the FX-8800P and i5 5200u/6200u no one would be able to see the difference in normal system unit. I think that is all AMD is getting at. Sysmark shows something that should be literally half as fast...

System Name The Tesseract Cube
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI X570A-PRO
Cooling DeepCool Maelstrom 240mm, 2 X DeepCool TF120S (radiator fans), 4 X DeepCool RF120 (case fans)
Memory 2 x 16gb Kingston HyperX 3200mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 Nitro + 16GB
Storage Corsair MP400 G3 1TB, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) MSI MAG241C Full HD, 144hz FreeSync
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55
Audio Device(s) MB Integrated, Sound Blaster Play 3 (Headset)
Power Supply Corsair CX650M Modular 80+ Bronze
Mouse Corsair Dark Core Pro Wirless RGB
Keyboard MSI GK30 Mecha-Membrane
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores CPUZ: Single Thread - 510 Multi Thread - 4.050 Cinebench R20: CPU - 3 500 score
I on the other hand am fan of both.
Intel for CPUs and AMD for GPUs.
I look at this with another perspective.

I give Intel the award for being the best CPU building company now.
I give Nvidia the award for best GPU building company now.

BUT, i give the BEST OVERALL AWARD for AMD for making both quite well and most of all give BEST COMPETITOR AWARD to AMD for competiting in both CPU and GPU market and putting a hard time to Intel and Nvidia on the both markets.

Imagine if Intel made their own consumers GPUs and Nvidia making their own comsumers CPU.

If we play it like that, equaly, AMD will kick both asses to Intel and Nvidia, since deviding their power of building in 2 fronts is not something one company does with ease.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
So basically what AMD is saying is that we shouldn't really judge the performance of processors based on "raw performance" because that gives too much of a "bias" towards processors with more performance, instead we should just say all processor are good enough for everyday tasks and leave it at that.

Got it. It's completely stupid, but sure, whatever...

Oh, and lets not forget that AMD isn't guilt free of cherry picking benchmarks to show their products are "better" than their rivals. So this is really just the pot calling the kettle black.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Haha "throwing the gauntlet" I wouldn't be quite so dramatic :p and everyone saying "well then AMD should make a better performing chip than intel...." aren't getting the point, Intel is many more times bigger than AMD, they have the better performing chips there is no need for under handed techniques at all, anyone would think they don't any competition.... :rolleyes::laugh:

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
So basically what AMD is saying is that we shouldn't really judge the performance of processors based on "raw performance" because that gives too much of a "bias" towards processors with more performance, instead we should just say all processor are good enough for everyday tasks and leave it at that.

Got it. It's completely stupid, but sure, whatever...

Except that in raw CPU performance the 8800P isn't really behind the i5's. Depends on the programs and configured TDP of the CPU.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Except that in raw CPU performance the 8800P isn't really behind the i5's. Depends on the programs and configured TDP of the CPU.

Obviously it is since that is exactly what Sysmark measures. It measure raw cpu power, period. PCMark gives a better idea of real-world use, but if you are just comparing rare compute power, the i5 is way ahead.

But Intel shouldn't really be penalized because they created a more powerful processor with a lot more number crunching power just because that extra power isn't likely to show itself in basic computer tasks because those tasks don't use the extra CPU power.

If AMD wants to say Intel and Sysmark is biased then they have to show raw CPU compute based benchmarks that show Sysmark is way off on CPU power. Not use PCMark, which they admit doesn't really use the CPU that much. Do some CPU video encoding benchmarks, some compression benchmarks, some music encoding benchmarks. Those types of benchmarks rely on the CPU power, and will use every bit of CPU power available, and show the real difference in compute power between the two CPUs.

This "look Microsoft Office isn't any faster on Intel, so Sysmark is biased" shit isn't going to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.