• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li DK-02X

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
Well if you really like it then, I would think better legs could be made/found. Like everything, where there is a need..................

phlegm

I am extremely close to buying one of these, but I just noticed one fatal flaw, at least for me.

Have a look at this photo provided by Lian Li:
https://picasaweb.google.com/106531253135633425031/DK02?feat=embedwebsite#6007916168386345682

In particular, note the bundled up usb cable for the keyboard. For a $1000+ desk/case, I simply would not be pleased with that. Even worse, at this point I'd only be using the mini-ITX side (on the left), so my mouse would have to plug in on the left USB bank, and its cable would have to run across the length of the keyboard tray to my right hand.

While a wireless keyboard and mouse fixes this, I'm a heavy gamer and much, much prefer the wired versions.

I was looking at the assembly of the keyboard tray, and there doesn't seem to be any space at all to run a cable through. Ideally, all Lian Li would have to do is create 3 clean holes at the seam of the keyboard tray (left, center, right) - where it meets the desk, and this problem goes away. (I would run the cables cleanly underneath the desk.)

Yes, I realize that when pulling out the system drawer you'd have to ensure enough cable slack, or disconnect the mouse & keyboard, but I don't think I'd be opening things up too much after assembly.

Anyway, just about bought this today, but this held me back. If anyone has any ideas/workarounds, I'm all ears.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
The other issue that I seen @phlegm , is the size of the keyboard/mouse tray. I don't know about you but I would be banging the mouse into the cabinet part of that desk all the time. It seems very very small to me. A good sized mouse pad would be hanging over the edge of that tray. :shadedshu:

phlegm

The other issue that I seen @phlegm , is the size of the keyboard/mouse tray. I don't know about you but I would be banging the mouse into the cabinet part of that desk all the time. It seems very very small to me. A good sized mouse pad would be hanging over the edge of that tray. :shadedshu:

Great point. Just measured my Corsair pad and it is longer than the tray.