• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Do you have DTS and Dolby in the list under Advanced in the Realtek Optical playback device (not the Realtek Audio Manager)?

System Name Project Gray Scale
Processor i7 6900k
Motherboard ASUS x99 Deluxe
Cooling Custom Water Cooled using EKWB components
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 (4 x 8GB)
Video Card(s) MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe, 2-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0), WD Red Pro 2 TB, & Barracuda Pro 4TB
Display(s) Acer XF270HU
Case InWin 303 Black
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster SB-Zx
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Keyboard Novel Keys NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ 62.5g Everglide Aqua Kings (lubed 205g0 & TX Films)
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro
I can say don't up to build 11099 or 11102 if you have the option, wifi adapter issues (Broadcom ac not compatible for some odd reason) haven't noticed any other issues with audio yet

Did you have them before? If you don't after correctly applying it, then something else is wrong. What that would be, I couldn't say.

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
i fixed it guys!atlast afte so many days!!!

Why don't you tell us how do you got your trouble fixed? I guess it would be useful for many other users.

Audiolicious

Hi guys,

I'm dual-booting Windows 10 and 7. I have this notebook: HP Envy15 ah151sa:

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/l...32705&jumpid=reg_r1002_uken_c-001_title_r0001

It has Bang and Olufsen speakers (2) plus subwoofer. I think the audio is very good in general and the surround sound, but bass is miserable - despite the subwoofer. My previous notebook with Dolby audio sounded magnificent, without fancy Bang & Olufsen or subwoofer. I've tried disabling the audio compression through the software, but that doesn't help a lot.

I've tried Realtek drivers 2.79 with M1 and the results:

1) I think there's some extra bass, but not much.
2) In the audio properties tab, now a Dolby tab appears, with only box that can be ticked for virtual surround sound. It seems to have no effect, or I can't detect it.
3) When changing sample and bit depth in the audio properties box, with the modified driver installed, the only combination that sounds OK is 24-bit at 44k. Noramlly, I can switch between them up to 24-bit at 192k and that improves the sound.
4) Without this driver, plugging in headphones seems to disable audio compression and bass improves considerably. With this driver, there is a tremendous (but noisy) addition to bass.
5) There is no Realtek HD icon in the tray (if there's supposed to be) or in the Control Panel. The Bang & Olufsen icon is still there though.

This doesn't seem like how it's supposed to work out. What could be wrong?

Last edited:

ozzyneil

Same issue as Audiolicious above, I can choose dolby digital live which is great but it doesnt sound like 5.1, just stereo.when i do a test in sound properties it only does 2 chimes, one left one right. no surround or subwoofer.

i'm running windows 8.1

Again, the test sound will be stereo. As long as it plays and doesn't error, you can ignore that it's stereo.

DDL is for upscaling stereo to surround speakers. Some sources it functions, some it does not.

You need to go to your Realtek Optical output device in its properties, advanced tab, and look for Dolby and DTS. (Not the Realtek Audio Manager) But again, the test tone will be stereo.

Test it out in a movie or game that has a surround sound option. (Avoid Ubisoft, Witcher, and maybe Bethesda games to test until you also apply the further fix I mentioned before because they probably still won't work without the additional fix.)

Irenicus

Again, the test sound will be stereo. As long as it plays and doesn't error, you can ignore that it's stereo.

DDL is for upscaling stereo to surround speakers. Some sources it functions, some it does not.

You need to go to your Realtek Optical output device in its properties, advanced tab, and look for Dolby and DTS. (Not the Realtek Audio Manager) But again, the test tone will be stereo.

Test it out in a movie or game that has a surround sound option. (Avoid Ubisoft, Witcher, and maybe Bethesda games to test until you also apply the further fix I mentioned before because they probably still won't work without the additional fix.)

DDL works not only on stereo sources but also games with 5.1 that work natively with analog

Installed my X-Fi Titanium HD and it's so straight forward for DTS.
Shame that Realtek doesn't just enable the option by default, you'd think a large company would easily purchase the rights... acting like a mom and pop company by not doing it.

Irenicus

Installed my X-Fi Titanium HD and it's so straight forward for DTS.
Shame that Realtek doesn't just enable the option by default, you'd think a large company would easily purchase the rights... acting like a mom and pop company by not doing it.
They have the rights, it simply means the motherboard or sound card you have doesn't.

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
They have the rights, it simply means the motherboard or sound card you have doesn't.

Absolutely correct , I was researching this mater a lot and yes its DTS who is charging a hell lot for the licences Dolby is much more friendly in this regard so the majority of manufactures of sound cards and equipment like mobos with integrated sound chip on it are licensing Dolby . The story with Realtek however is , they producing the sound chip with capabilities , so they do not license Dolby or DTS they just do capable hardware and is up to the manufacturer who is using the chip on board to either license Dolby , DTS or both. This is why we are doing this workaround here to cheat and get DTS working. And it may not last for long . so far I found out only PREMIUM models of sound cards , motherboards are rewarded with licenses for both DTS and Dolby and it works straight away.

so far I found out only PREMIUM models of sound cards , motherboards are rewarded with licenses for both DTS and Dolby and it works straight away.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it's going lately.... A little surprised that Dolby is charging less than DTS, though, if that's true.

Irenicus

Yeah, that's pretty much how it's going lately.... A little surprised that Dolby is charging less than DTS, though, if that's true.
How much less? DTS is better so it makes sense that it's more expensive.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure Dolby has been the more dominant format for a long time.

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
yeah I agree Dolby is more dominant and good part of it goes to the handy licensing policy they have toward retailers , looks like cheep advertising to me but this is how it is . I find DTS much better more dynamic , more precise when it comes to sound distribution throughout channels . Also Dolby for some reason use only 16 bit audio while DTS 24bit at least what we have mostly on our pc/laptop systems , Dolby Ture HD is able to do 24bit/96Khz however I dont know in this moment if there is any sound card , or sound chip who is able to do it even the most powerful Creative card Blaster ZXR still is Dolby Digital Live which is 16 bit . It may be that Dolby hands out DDL for free and actually charge TRUE HD like DTS , but this is only my suspicion.

Sesshomaru99

I just wanted to say thanks to 2bad and all the recent posters in this thread. I was able to get this working on a Gigabyte UD3P X-99 with the Realtek 1150 HD codec. It took me a bit to get it to work, until I came across this post by PGGamerDR:

Press Win key+R and type winver, this unlock will only work on OS builds above 10586.11 as Microsoft fixed some surround audio issues with win10 with said build.

I was trying to get this working using Windows 10240, once I updated to the lastest version of 10586 it worked correctly right away. I personally followed the instructions in the readme in the download for the a1 method that came with the hacked .dll and .sys files. Thanks again for all who have contributed to this great project!

Irenicus

I agree, but I'm pretty sure Dolby has been the more dominant format for a long time.
That may be, however if you're an audiophile you know DTS is much better when it's available but this may only apply to movies/DVDs/Blu-Rays, not necessarily DDL vs DTS Interactive. Still, I stick with DTS :)

yeah I agree Dolby is more dominant and good part of it goes to the handy licensing policy they have toward retailers , looks like cheep advertising to me but this is how it is . I find DTS much better more dynamic , more precise when it comes to sound distribution throughout channels . Also Dolby for some reason use only 16 bit audio while DTS 24bit at least what we have mostly on our pc/laptop systems , Dolby Ture HD is able to do 24bit/96Khz however I dont know in this moment if there is any sound card , or sound chip who is able to do it even the most powerful Creative card Blaster ZXR still is Dolby Digital Live which is 16 bit . It may be that Dolby hands out DDL for free and actually charge TRUE HD like DTS , but this is only my suspicion.
Any realtek is capable of 24bit/96khz. But on the fly with DDL or DTS not sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
yes as soon it does DTS Interactive which automatically is 24bit/96 khz

Hello everyone

I have Realtek ALC892 and with this driver "GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8 R2.71 x64" i have SRS ,DTS,DDL etc but all I need is SRS and with Unlocked R 2.79 driver i have all that DD things that i dont need but i dont have SRS.
Is there any newer version of driver apart 2.71 that have unlocked SRS?

EDIT:I have only speakers connected analog so i dont need all that Dolby modern stuff :D

yes as soon it does DTS Interactive which automatically is 24bit/96 khz

Well, technically, DTS Interactive 5.1 is only 48kHz 24 bit. I think you can only get more khz out of it if it's stereo. You'd need HDMI, or something else better than optical, to get higher quality audio with surround. But of course, it's probably coming from your CPU or GPU at that point anyways.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Well on my old Logitech Z5500 the LCD reads DTS 24/96 when DTS Interactive is engaged while DDL shows 48/16 .The pod is set in diagnostics mode so it reads the stream . It was connected via TOS .

I have DTS 24/96 test files that play just fine.

Surround? And but do they actually play through your receiver (or whatever) in 96... Could still be compressed or downgraded unless you have proof. But whatever, I'm not a full expert anyways.