• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbachgambo

Good day sir. I wud really appreciate ur help with my dell latitude E5400 bios password reset. The service tag is below;
JXC974J-2A7B
Thank you in anticipation

duraturk

Can you please help me with this.

Dell M4500
BIOS Version: A14
Service Tag: 3WD1VM1
System Number: 3WD1VM1-1F5A

Thank you....

spooda

Can you help me please? I have a dell D830 . Bought from goodwill and cannot use. Service tag is cs4qwd1. Thank you very much

yop

Hi could you give me bios code for dell m4400 a16 bios BLFC1L1-2a7b
many thanks

solen

My M4600 has bios lockeD up.

System number F0NJQ1-1D3B

ANYONE CAN HELP?

/MIKE

VladimirShvets

Can you help me please? I have a dell 1735 . It has bios lockeD up. Service tag is HZ1YW3J-595B. Thank you very much.

fariz1310

Please help,

need my dell latitude d430 HARDISK password ;
#GJ16QA11470-595B

no prob with the system password.

thanks

Tesh

Hi,

Could you help me please i have a dell latitude d430 and its now asking for a system primary HDD password for #**9751WDVJW-595B?

Thank you!!!

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I'll help you all out.

I use this at the shop.

https://bios-pw.org/

you can download the executables via the sources link

SpoiledRotties

This laptop has been a thorn in my side for a LONG time. I got codes from another member here, and from a code generator (same codes) but neither will work.
If the original user set up a password, will Dell's backdoor still work?
Here is my info on the system:
Dell "Studio" 1735
7JZMDH1-595B

This is the original code I received -
4ez1csnt
Yes, I used external keyboard,, & also tried
the ctrl + enter x2 combo.
This is the screen after 3rd attempt:

erin

I'm a new member locked dell latitude E6400 in bios I got passed the 1st password now my hard disk drive is locked help

I'm a new member locked dell latitude E6400 in bios I got passed the 1st password now my hard disk drive is locked help

If the hard drive has a password set, throw it out and install a new one. Consider all data on it lost. There is no (easy) way to break HDD passwords. If the drive contained irreplaceable data and you need it back, prepare to spend about $1000-$1500 (or more) on a professional data recovery service - and even then there are no guarantees.

This laptop has been a thorn in my side for a LONG time. I got codes from another member here, and from a code generator (same codes) but neither will work.
If the original user set up a password, will Dell's backdoor still work?
Here is my info on the system:
Dell "Studio" 1735
7JZMDH1-595B

This is the original code I received -
4ez1csnt
Yes, I used external keyboard,, & also tried
the ctrl + enter x2 combo.
This is the screen after 3rd attempt:

The code you used is the one that comes up in the standard Dell generator. If that doesn't work then your best bet is to open it up and find the BIOS chip(s). They will be 8 pin surface mount chips with a number like ST24C02. Usually near the coin battery. You have to find the chip and short the SCL pin to ground (Vss) while powering it on (you have to look up the chip's datasheet by its actual number to find out what pin does what). This resets the BIOS to default, removing the setup and boot passwords. Be aware though, this will NOT remove a HDD password. See my previous response to Erin regarding that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpoiledRotties

cant you just clear CMOS ???
-- Boy that would be great if you could, but unfortunately with the laptop models that is not an option for us. (The CMOS is powered separately & can't be cleared like the desktop models by taking out the battery or changing jumper settings :( ) And it is VERY frustrating when the generated codes fail to let you slip through.

The code you used is the one that comes up in the standard Dell generator. If that doesn't work then your best bet is to open it up and find the BIOS chip(s). They will be 8 pin surface mount chips with a number like ST24C02. Usually near the coin battery. You have to find the chip and short the SCL pin to ground (Vss) while powering it on (you have to look up the chip's datasheet by its actual number to find out what pin does what). This resets the BIOS to default, removing the setup and boot passwords. Be aware though, this will NOT remove a HDD password. See my previous response to Erin regarding that.

Interesting! Most of my work on laptops (before this one) had been either simple repair/replace jobs - desktops were more my area, and when I hit this brick wall I asked a colleague with more laptop experience if tweaking the chip would be an option & they pretty much told me not to waste my time going this route.
Guess they didn't know as much as I thought they did, LOL - THANK YOU!!
In regards to the HDD, I already have the replacement drive ready- I knew the HDD p/w's were an exercise in futility.
This poor guy has his heart set on having this monstrosity of a laptop running again- even after all this time. So, thanks to you, I guess maybe I can finally make his day!

Last edited by a moderator:
-- Boy that would be great if you could, but unfortunately with the laptop models that is not an option for us. (The CMOS is powered separately & can't be cleared like the desktop models by taking out the battery or changing jumper settings :( ) And it is VERY frustrating when the generated codes fail to let you slip through.
For all intents and purposes, shorting the BIOS clock pin to ground is exactly what the CLR_CMOS jumper does.. ;)

Many laptops actually DO have a "jumper" of sorts.. basically an unlabeled (or non-descriptly labeled, such as Toshiba's B500) pair of adjacent pads that you short with a screwdriver or paperclip while powering on. And again, it's just shorting the clock pin to ground. However on most brands it's easier to just find the BIOS chip than to hunt down what the pad identifier is.

Last edited:
How do I throw it out and create a New one

Uhhh you remove the hard drive from the laptop and insert it into the nearest garbage can.. Then you buy a new hard drive and insert it into the laptop where the old one previously was...

Ionescu Ioan

Hey, i bought a used Dell M4500 and it has a passworded bios. Tried to call Dell tech support but they said they can't help me without a proof of purchase. And now I can't reinstall windows... Please help me...
Service tag: 8NC34Q1
System number: 8NC34Q1-2A7B

Hey, i bought a used Dell M4500 and it has a passworded bios. Tried to call Dell tech support but they said they can't help me without a proof of purchase. And now I can't reinstall windows... Please help me...
Service tag: 8NC34Q1
System number: 8NC34Q1-2A7B

Try BvC0LSIvNZj26x06
It is case sensitive, and they are both zeros, not O's.

The 7th digit is an uppercase I (EYE), make sure thats what you're putting in.. As I said this is case sensitive so make sure your caps lock is off as well since you won't be able to see as your typing. Also try with an external USB keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.