• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Surround? And but do they actually play through your receiver (or whatever) in 96... Could still be compressed or downgraded unless you have proof. But whatever, I'm not a full expert anyways.
When I play the file, the receiver shows 96/24 DTS on the display. It is a Pioneer VSX-815. My Audio Codec is ALC-888S.

Irenicus

Well, technically, DTS Interactive 5.1 is only 48kHz 24 bit. I think you can only get more khz out of it if it's stereo. You'd need HDMI, or something else better than optical, to get higher quality audio with surround. But of course, it's probably coming from your CPU or GPU at that point anyways.
That's correct. My receiver is 96khz capable but that only works in stereo.

I have DTS 24/96 test files that play just fine.
they get resampled to 48khz. 96khz is stereo only

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone

I have Realtek ALC892 and with this driver "GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8 R2.71 x64" i have SRS ,DTS,DDL etc but all I need is SRS and with Unlocked R 2.79 driver i have all that DD things that i dont need but i dont have SRS.
Is there any newer version of driver apart 2.71 that have unlocked SRS?

EDIT:I have only speakers connected analog so i dont need all that Dolby modern stuff :D
Anyone,please?

Hello iam trying days to fix my computer sound but i cant!!i read almost all 49 pages here i have try many possible ways and still not good. i will explain what i have and what i want to do:
i have win 10 10586.63 vers
motherboard gigabyte z170x gaming 3 with Realtek® ALC1150 codec
pioneer amplifier vsx 416 .Suports windows and optical spdif
i did the method M1 from the video here:
and here is the results :
on audio divices i have the setting : DTS interactive 5.1 surround
on realtek hd audio manager i have not only 2 stereo choices
and at Dolby/dts settings it says DTS NEO : Pc works under quadraphonic 5.1, 7.1 etc.
What i can do to fix this couse my main use of this pc is gaming!!!!
and at games only stereo over spdif not 5.1 surround.
i only have 5.1 over analog cables pcm..
please help me with your experience and you knowledge!
-----------------------------------------------------
Man Many THX Video Post! Work 100% 5.1 DDL Digital OutputWith HTB, on W10 x64 , Asrock 990FX Killer - ALC1150

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 2,374
Last edited:

RockLoi

Hey guys, I used to use this fix a lot with my Gigabyte P67 motherboard but then Windows 10 started supporting DDLive natively all of a sudden so haven't needed to for a couple years.

Unfortunately I've just upgraded my machine and I have a MSI Z170A Gaming M5 motherboard - and the default audio drivers have absolutely zero settings for Optical output. I used Pihto's patch (thanks buddy) with the A1 dll file and the lastest drivers from Realtek. Had a bit of trouble replacing the dll in System32 but restarted in safe mode and was able to, and woop the option for Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive (what is this) and DD Connect (what is this) are in the MSI skinned Realtek sound utility. Unfortunately the setting doesn't work. Games produce no sound, YouTube videos will fail to load with it enabled and occasionally Windows will ask me to disable enhancements on the Optical output device since it's causing problems.

Have I done something wrong or does this mean that my motherboard simply isn't physically capable of DDL? What are my options? Do I have to use more cables for analog and keep switching back and forth on my receiver? I can't find any sound cards online that seem to support it that aren't hundreds of pounds. I almost feel like exchanging my motherboard but that's no small thing.

It feels like sound on PCs is going backwards, surely loads of people want Digital surround on their PCs like we can so easily on consoles???

I've got an MSI from a few years ago. What Windows 10 build are you on? And you shouldn't really be using the Realtek Audio Manager, or the one that MSI skinned. You should be using the playback device properties to change settings instead of that application.

Also, instead of the drivers from the MSI website, try the R2.79 drivers from the Realtek website along with the modified dll (from 2.75 or newer probably). And things might get renamed around a bit from what you were used to on the Gigabyte. Use the playback device settings instead of the Realtek/MSI application. Make sure you're choosing optical and go to advanced. If it worked, you'll have Dolby and DTS in that dropdown. Also, to the left the advanced tab should probably be a Dolby tab. You can try checking that as well.

If it didn't work at all (like you don't have those options at all), did you do the registry edit? Did you check to see if the modified dll was unblocked in its properties? (may or may not appear)

Here were my instructions and dll that still work for me. But some people have reported that things might have been broken again in newer builds from the Windows Insider Fast Ring.
But also, you have to re-apply this modification for every new build anyways, just fyi.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...d-dts-interactive.193148/page-37#post-3360667

har02052

So I have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a GA-F2A88XN-WIFI mobo with a Realtek ALC892 audio chipset. I just hooked up my surround sound speakers directly to the SPDIF/optical output on the mobo. When I go into the sound properties, I can test that the speakers can handle Dolby Digital and DTS. I hear sounds from each of the 5 channels and I know that it is working because the speaker has a display that lights up and shows that the source is either Dolby Digital or DTS. My problem is that when I watch a DVD or Blu-ray, this light does not show up and it is obvious that a true surround sound experience is not happening. Do I need to install these hacked drivers? Or is it something else in my setup that I need to fix?

Irenicus

Hi guys!

I installed modded realtek drivers in the guide video on youtube: X-FI REALTEK MOD- BEST SURROUND SOUND EVER!
My problem is that i only get DTS over optical cable when i play test sounds under:
Properties of realtek digital output / Supported formats / Test Sound
My logitech speaker display shown DTS is active then (under the sound test) but when I go under DTS tab all exept DTS symmetry is grayed out.
When i use analog audio output i cant get DTS either
Can anyone help?

DTS is a digital bistream requiring a compatible receiver and uniquely outputs via digital signal ie coax or optical

So I have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a GA-F2A88XN-WIFI mobo with a Realtek ALC892 audio chipset. I just hooked up my surround sound speakers directly to the SPDIF/optical output on the mobo. When I go into the sound properties, I can test that the speakers can handle Dolby Digital and DTS. I hear sounds from each of the 5 channels and I know that it is working because the speaker has a display that lights up and shows that the source is either Dolby Digital or DTS. My problem is that when I watch a DVD or Blu-ray, this light does not show up and it is obvious that a true surround sound experience is not happening. Do I need to install these hacked drivers? Or is it something else in my setup that I need to fix?

Try seeing if the DVD has an audio options menu. Also, if you're using VLC player, there's a chance that it could require some special configuration.

har02052

Try seeing if the DVD has an audio options menu. Also, if you're using VLC player, there's a chance that it could require some special configuration.
I was using PowerDVD12 for the bluray movie.

Irenicus

I was using PowerDVD12 for the bluray movie.
Use something better. Kodi works very well but I have been using MediaPlayerClassic Home cinema/K-Lite Codec pack for years, far better than VLC in my opinion and is easy to setup/use. You simply have to setup AC3 encoder to use passthrough and enable the formats your receiver is capable of. In any media program you have to ensure you are setting your options correctly ie SPDIF/Passthrough enabled etc (Kodi has these options in audio settings (advance/expert) ). But these drivers are not for DD/DTS in movies, but for encoding what's usually analog output to digital (mostly for games, personally anyway), so these drivers do not change anything in that regard.

har02052

Use something better. Kodi works very well but I have been using MediaPlayerClassic Home cinema/K-Lite Codec pack for years, far better than VLC in my opinion and is easy to setup/use. You simply have to setup AC3 encoder to use passthrough and enable the formats your receiver is capable of. In any media program you have to ensure you are setting your options correctly ie SPDIF/Passthrough enabled etc (Kodi has these options in audio settings (advance/expert) ). But these drivers are not for DD/DTS in movies, but for encoding what's usually analog output to digital, so these drivers do not change anything in that regard.
ok gotcha.

wex101

Hi everyone,

So firstly, thank you for awesome instructions. I've been running the hacked drivers on Windows 8 for some time now and have them working on my windows 10 machine. I have a weird issue going on that never was a problem when the pc was on Windows 8. My pc volume control now does not control my rear speakers, only my center ones. I can have my pc volume down to one, in which case the volume out of the rear speakers only will be plenty loud to whatever they are set to by the sound system remote. Anyone else experience this?

I think that may be a bug reported on Windows 10. Try checking the balance in the Levels tab of the output device properties. Maybe those will work, but idk.

Mine are always maxed anyways and I just use the dial on my receiver.

wex101

Wow so it most definitely is a bug. When looking at my balances, pressing volume up moves the 5 bar straight to 100 and I have no control of that bar while the others move as they should. Unfortunately I don't have the option of using my spear's volume control and need to use the pc control.

JunkyPonY

Hello,
I unlocked my driver on win10 64bit using this method. It worked fine, but now my volume is stuck at 100. I cant lower it, i only have the choice beetween 0 and 100, anything in beetween just does nothing. Any ideas as how to fix this ?

Edit: Issue fixed by changing sound to default quality then back to dolby 5.1

Last edited:

gndnrj

Hello, i am a new member, it is a very good job JGR9

I understand, you use power DVD for look movie in 5.1 and AIMP for music in 5.1 and for the game you use XAudio2

What do you use for surfing web and youtube in 5.1 ?

In the past i me rember i use SRS Audio Sandbox for convert stereo in 5.1 for all sound in windows, actually doesn't exist a new software for windows 10 ?

I use windows 10 x64 with your method A1

No news of windows or realtek for new update without methode A1 ??

I use VLC player for DVD stuff (not that I use DVDs much anymore...), but also my music sometimes.

Youtube does not support 5.1. Try the Dolby tab in your output device properties. That might work in some situations, but probably not all. I guess that would also be your replacement for SRS (in the cases that it works) unless your receiver also has the ability to upscale/speaker fill from stereo to surround.

If your official motherboard/computer drivers do not have the Dolby/DTS licenses, then you will never get Dolby/DTS capability without this modification. But if it does, it seems like Microsoft still has some bugs to work out.

gndnrj

If i buy a sound card
What is the best in first price for my 5.1in S/PDIF
Asus or creative ?
The different sound between Realtek HD audio is these card is important ?
these card convert stereo youtube, chrome, firefox.. in 5.1 ?(upmix)

Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe

Carte son Core3D - Fonctionne avec le processeur audio et vocal multi-cœur révolutionnaire Sound Core3D™ - Technologies THX® TruStudio Pro™ - Technologie d'optimisation de la qualité et de la clarté de la voix CrystalVoice™- Ampli casque de 600 ohms - Scout Mode™ - 5.1 canaux - Rapport signal/bruit 102dB

Asus XONAR DGX PCI Express 5.1

Carte son PCI Express 5.1 - Chipset C-Media CMI8786 High-Definition Sound Processor (Max. 96KHz/24bit) - Sorties audio 3x 3.5mm RCA jack (1x RCA / 1x S/PDIF / 1x Front-Panel) - Technologie GX2.5 Gaming Audio Engine, VocalFX, FlexBass, Xear 3D™ Virtual Speaker Shifter

Last edited:
Greets. I wonder if a dolby decoder like this: would work in order to get real 5.1 in games through my optical out (Asus P6x58D premium mobo with Realtek ALC889)

If this works I think I'll prefer it since this gadgect (If I'm correct) will decode and convert the signal from my optical output to an 5.1 analog set (5 rca outputs). In this way I'll be able to use a cheaper 5.1 speaker set with no optical input. Am I correct or just a dreamer?

Thanks in advance.

Greets. I wonder if a dolby decoder like this: would work in order to get real 5.1 in games through my optical out (Asus P6x58D premium mobo with Realtek ALC889)

If this works I think I'll prefer it since this gadgect (If I'm correct) will decode and convert the signal from my optical output to an 5.1 analog set (5 rca outputs). In this way I'll be able to use a cheaper 5.1 speaker set with no optical input. Am I correct or just a dreamer?

Thanks in advance.

If your source (your motherboard/sound card) is not outputting true surround (or is just doing speaker fill), then you won't get true 5.1 that you're looking for from the source.

oh, what a shame :-/
I don't know indeed if my mobo is outputting true 5.1 in games via optical. I guess no. But then, What is supposed to be the usefulness of this gadget?
Thanks