• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why you should not buy an EVGA SuperNova B3

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
wait, wait, wait... these are bronze? who The F buys Bronze series PSU's anymore?

At the very least go silver, if not gold. They're like 3-5$ more expensive.

Sub par efficiency and sub par quality are nearly the same thing lol.

Me, and many with me? Personally I would never spend more than about €50-60 on a PSU no matter what it powered.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
sorry for the attitude, but I hate posts with the "I am a rich person" attitude

Personally, I am a poor person... and that's in no small part because of my expensive PC. :laugh:

Personally I would never spend more than about €50-60 on a PSU no matter what it powered.

I can think of a few instances in which I bet you would... granted they are mostly medical though. o_O

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Me, and many with me? Personally I would never spend more than about €50-60 on a PSU no matter what it powered.
yes yes all of us who spend more are total morons:rolleyes:

@ the rest of you

Also I get it you all seem to loves you some lowend PSU's but not word definitions such as what the word "nearly" means lol

are "nearly" and "equal" synonyms?

because most if not all of your responses would indicate they are.

Yes there's the old argument about higher wattage plus or bronze vs slightly lower wattage gold or platinum but you have to understand what you're doing there. Plus and Bronze are not the best the company can build. In fact they are rated so because they failed to pass at the silver, gold, or platinum levels. If that doesn't bother you that's fine. But at some point "you get what you pay for" has to kick in.

If everything highend was barely better there'd be no reason for the higher quality, efficient, or performance parts.

And the power supply is going to be there for rig after rig after rig. If you're willing to trust 3-10 thousand dollars of parts to a 50$ PSU that's fine for you. Excuse me if I want a bit more insurance than that.

My last PSU lasted 9 years and went through 6 major rig changes and 12K worth of parts. I paid 200$ for it to ensure it would have enough power and longevity. (80 plus back then was also a much higher premium than it is now)

this time around a single benjamin would do as parts were getting more efficient and I wouldn't need as much wattage and gold was quite a bit cheaper these days. Platinum would have been nice but I chose not to pay the premium for it.

Bronze would have saved me a whopping 15$ . Yes 3-5$ may have been exaggerated, so sue me:roll: "how dare he slightly exaggerate on a tech forum, BAN HIM!, make sure everyone quotes him for the next 2 pages to make sure he knows we don't tolerate slight exaggerations here!" 15$ vs the efficiency gains over a 9-10 year period = I will actually gain that back several times over in energy savings by the time this thing retires.

but yes go buy your plus's and bronzes. Sorry you all took such offence to the my slight against them lol.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

I didn't say that, but now I'm thinking it. I just don't think the increased effeciency is worth it. If I got a deal on a decent PSU with a ten year warranty I might go for it, but otherwise I just don't see the point.

System Name Zabanya
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard Asus X570 Strix-E
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 2x 16 GB G Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Seagate Firecuda 520 2 TB, , 2x 18 TB, 3x 20 TB = total 88,71 TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850, LG C1 55 OLED
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX NR-646, RHA L1 DACAMP, Sennheiser HD-599
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Mouse Roccat Kone XP
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Higher efficiency levels does not make a PSU better and the best example of that is SilverStone Strider Titanium with its very poor ripple suppression
A higher 80 plus rating does not make something better nor does a lower 80 plus rating make something worse

Ripple suppression and voltage regulation matters more then efficiency does
Efficiency has nothing to do with the problems the B3 has and the two are not related

Last edited:
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
I didn't say that, but now I'm thinking it. I just don't think the increased effeciency is worth it. If I got a deal on a decent PSU with a ten year warranty I might go for it, but otherwise I just don't see the point.
right saving money on energy makes me a moron:rolleyes:

gold vs bronze = 5% more efficient which means bronze costs you 5% MORE to run.

If you run your rig so little that the energy costs don't factor that's one thing.

If you run it more than that over a 5+ year period well then you are the one overspending. Not me.

Say you only run your rig 2 hours a day on the weekends and it draws 500 watts from the Wall on the Gold. It would draw 525 watts on a Bronze unit. Times that by your 4 hours of usage a week and we're only at .1kwh more not too bad. Times 52 weeks times 5 years? 3.12$ US on .12 cents a Kwh rate. (times your rate by 26 Kwh to get yours)

so in that scenario sure get the Plus, its' not even worth it for the Bronze

But what about avid gamers and enthusiasts like ourselves? 4 hours a week is all the machine is on? I think not.

my rig usage between gaming, encoding, compressing, editing, and etc is in the 20 hours a week range. That's 10 Kwh a week in Gold and 10.5 Kwh in Bronze times 52 weeks times 5 years? 15.6$ in energy savings at .12 cents per Kwh granted that rate is much higher in summer on peak billing. For the 10 years I keep the PSU the savings over double as my power company will only raise rates, not lower them.

And I use more than 500 watts from the wall when gaming and encoding. So these figures are quite a bit under what the total usage is.

Like I said buy your bronze, even if it lasts 10 years I still saved more than you.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

@ the rest of you

Also I get it you all seem to loves you some lowend PSU's but not word definitions such as what the word "nearly" means lol

are "nearly" and "equal" synonyms?

because most if not all of your responses would indicate they are.

Yes there's the old argument about higher wattage plus or bronze vs slightly lower wattage gold or platinum but you have to understand what you're doing there. Plus and Bronze are not the best the company can build. In fact they are rated so because they failed to pass at the silver, gold, or platinum levels. If that doesn't bother you that's fine. But at some point "you get what you pay for" has to kick in.

If everything highend was barely better there'd be no reason for the higher quality, efficient, or performance parts.

And the power supply is going to be there for rig after rig after rig. If you're willing to trust 3-10 thousand dollars of parts to a 50$ PSU that's fine for you. Excuse me if I want a bit more insurance than that.

My last PSU lasted 9 years and went through 6 major rig changes and 12K worth of parts. I paid 200$ for it to ensure it would have enough power and longevity. (80 plus back then was also a much higher premium than it is now)

this time around a single benjamin would do as parts were getting more efficient and I wouldn't need as much wattage and gold was quite a bit cheaper these days. Platinum would have been nice but I chose not to pay the premium for it.

Bronze would have saved me a whopping 15$ . Yes 3-5$ may have been exaggerated, so sue me:roll: "how dare he slightly exaggerate on a tech forum, BAN HIM!, make sure everyone quotes him for the next 2 pages to make sure he knows we don't tolerate slight exaggerations here!" 15$ vs the efficiency gains over a 9-10 year period = I will actually gain that back several times over in energy savings by the time this thing retires.

but yes go buy your plus's and bronzes. Sorry you all took such offence to the my slight against them lol.

The reason you're feeling forced to explain yourself now, and the reason people are responding to your initial statement, is that regardless of the semantics (whether it be 5 or 50 bucks difference really is irrelevant here) you were generalizing and drawing a line where there isn't one.

I'll repeat that: there simply isn't a measurable quality gap between all bronze and all silver or better PSUs. Keep re-reading that little statement until you get it. Because even in your responses you apply the same blanket statement you applied earlier. So yes, we could go for another four pages trying to convince you otherwise :) What you're thinking, simply isn't true, its a reality you've told yourself because you grossly overpaid on a PSU at some point. And there is nothing wrong with that, but there is only a very, very tiny niche that really requires to go for Gold or Platinum, and that is precisely your use case of 24/7, high load situations for extended periods of time. Only then will a higher rating pay off.

Also, components degrade anyway, regardless of quality - it all goes sooner or later, so there really isn't a black or white here. Similar things go for writing off an entire brand for PSUs; its this generalization that hurts many people when they buy a PSU, there are way more variables in play. Only looking at total wattage is another such generalization that has allowed budget brands to produce outright hazardous PSUs.

Now a blanket statement I DO support with PSUs is that it generally isn't worth saving every last dime to get the cheapest one, and another one is that you always need to look past the brand on the box and into the company that actually did the manufacturing and design - and even THEN you can't bluntly say 'CWT sucks' or 'SuperFlower is always great'.

Last edited:
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
The reason you're feeling forced to explain yourself now, and the reason people are responding to your initial statement, is that regardless of the semantics (whether it be 5 or 50 bucks difference really is irrelevant here) you were generalizing and drawing a line where there isn't one.

I'll repeat that: there simply isn't a measurable quality gap between all bronze and all silver or better PSUs. Keep re-reading that little statement until you get it. Because even in your responses you apply the same blanket statement you applied earlier. So yes, we could go for another four pages trying to convince you otherwise :) What you're thinking, simply isn't true, its a reality you've told yourself because you grossly overpaid on a PSU at some point. And there is nothing wrong with that, but there is only a very, very tiny niche that really requires to go for Gold or Platinum, and that is precisely your use case of 24/7, high load situations for extended periods of time. Only then will a higher rating pay off.

Also, components degrade anyway, regardless of quality - it all goes sooner or later, so there really isn't a black or white here. Similar things go for writing off an entire brand for PSUs; its this generalization that hurts many people when they buy a PSU, there are way more variables in play. Only looking at total wattage is another such generalization that has allowed budget brands to produce outright hazardous PSUs.

Now a blanket statement I DO support with PSUs is that it generally isn't worth saving every last dime to get the cheapest one, and another one is that you always need to look past the brand on the box and into the company that actually did the manufacturing and design - and even THEN you can't bluntly say 'CWT sucks' or 'SuperFlower is always great'.

The reason I'm explaining myself is based on how poorly you all reacted to a sarcastic statement made on a tech forum.

in case the sound didn't make you get it, here's another clue.

the statement had some merit but was never meant to be a blurb in an educational course on the effectiveness of 80+ power supplies.

the math in my prior post explains that 24/7 usage is not anywhere near required for a user to actually save money by getting a more efficient power supply. My usage is 20 hours a week and I saved more by going GOLD. At 24/7 usage you will save 8.4 times as much as I did. If you want to justify not spending more at the time of purchase that's your business. You WILL spend more over time whether failure happens or not. Hardware degradation only fuels the efficiency argument as higher efficiency parts will degrade at the same or possibly slower rates as lower efficiency parts.

Also none of you seem to be grasping that "nearly" is not synonomous with "equals" and spouting basics to a 12 year member of TPU on the merits of brand quality is idiotic at best. Search my post history you'll find things I've said about that from 10+ years ago. Ie I've been in this business a long time as have many here. Trying to grow your online bluster through me will get you nowhere. There is literally nothing new any of you can teach me on this.

Again sorry to rustle all your feathers to an apparently very sensitive budget community.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
A

The reason I'm explaining myself is based on how poorly you all reacted to a sarcastic statement made on a tech forum.

in case the sound didn't make you get it, here's another clue.

the statement had some merit but was never meant to be a blurb in an educational course on the effectiveness of 80+ power supplies.

the math in my prior post explains that 24/7 usage is not anywhere near required for a user to actually save money by getting a more efficient power supply. My usage is 20 hours a week and I saved more by going GOLD. At 24/7 usage you will save 8.4 times as much as I did. If you want to justify not spending more at the time of purchase that's your business. You WILL spend more over time whether failure happens or not. Hardware degradation only fuels the efficiency argument as higher efficiency parts will degrade at the same or possibly slower rates as lower efficiency parts.

Also none of you seem to be grasping that "nearly" is not synonomous with "equals" and spouting basics to a 12 year member of TPU on the merits of brand quality is idiotic at best. Search my post history you'll find things I've said about that from 10+ years ago. Ie I've been in this business a long time as have many here. Trying to grow your online bluster through me will get you nowhere. There is literally nothing new any of you can teach me on this.

Again sorry to rustle all your feathers to an apparently very sensitive budget community.

OK MAN. It was all sarcasm and you really didn't mean to say anything of substance. I get it... I guess.

Just didn't sound that way at all ;) When you're not being understood by a wider audience, its time to look in the mirror - just a piece of advice that even a 12 year vet could use.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
This thread appears to have moved from a topic about shortcomings with one particular manufacturer/model of PSU to a very general PSU discussion around PSU's, their efficiency/ratings, prices and economics, feel free to continue that discussion in another thread but not this one please.

Kanan

Tech Enthusiast & Gamer
System Name eazen corp | Xentronon 7.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X // PBO max.
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 w/ AM4 kit // 3x Corsair AF140L case fans (2 in, 1 out)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 @ 3800, CL16-19-19-39-58-1T, 1.4 V
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti modded to MATRIX // 2000-2100 MHz Core / 1938 MHz G6
Storage Silicon Power P34A80 1TB NVME/Samsung SSD 830 128GB&850 Evo 500GB&F3 1TB 7200RPM/Seagate 2TB 5900RPM
Display(s) Samsung 27" Curved FS2 HDR QLED 1440p/144Hz&27" iiyama TN LED 1080p/120Hz / Samsung 40" IPS 1080p TV
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Orbit S / Creative SB X AE-5 @ Logitech Z906 / Sony HD AVR @PC & TV @ Teufel Theater 80
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Mouse Logitech G700 @ Steelseries DeX // Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB /w Cherry MX Brown switches
VR HMD Still nope
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15 095 Time Spy | P29 079 Firestrike | P35 628 3DM11 | X67 508 3DM Vantage Extreme
Oh wow. He ran away saving himself from the explosion(s) :laugh:

Anyway, if we also consider EVGA's case with those GTX 1070's and GTX 1080's, maybe this company gets much more credit than what it deserves. I had suggested an EVGA PSU recently, but I think I am not going to do the same in the future.
EVGA and also every other great company has its failings. Asus too, MSI too, Gigabyte too, every brand out there. If you want to select brands by sheer perfectionsm you will soon buy nothing and recommend nothing anymore. EVGA is a decent brand still, but everything where humans are involved, there will always be mistakes too.

/sorry for offtopic if this isn't allowed, thought I make a last statement in defense of EVGA, I think this has gone way overboard.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
Oh wow. He ran away saving himself from the explosion(s) :laugh:

EVGA and also every other great company has its failings. Asus too, MSI too, Gigabyte too, every brand out there. If you want to select brands by sheer perfectionsm you will soon buy nothing and recommend nothing anymore. EVGA is a decent brand still, but everything where humans are involved, there will always be mistakes too.

/sorry for offtopic if this isn't allowed, thought I make a last statement in defense of EVGA, I think this has gone way overboard.

And everytime they are failing, consumers should turn their back on them, until they fix their mistakes. I turned my back to MSI when their AM3 motherboards where having major problems, with motherboards failing to support high TDP CPUs, even when those CPUs where in the supported list, even when running at default settings. MSI was the reason for starting undervolting my CPUs, because back then, I happened to have 3 MSI motherboards and one of them died when running at stock with a quad core Phenom. The funny detail here is that, the motherboard was an updated revision because in the first revision's VRMs where dying! Searching on the internet found that MSI had the most problems. Also ASRock is going to lose me for a few years, after failing to offer me support in a recent case. They get our money. They should be better than offering hardware with crucial features that do not work, or lack of support, especially when they have a strong brand in the market.

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Hey shilka

is SuperFlower Leadex II Gold affected by this ?

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
I dont think the bronze are SF units...

You can look it up by UL number and see. ;)

System Name Zabanya
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard Asus X570 Strix-E
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 2x 16 GB G Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Seagate Firecuda 520 2 TB, , 2x 18 TB, 3x 20 TB = total 88,71 TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850, LG C1 55 OLED
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX NR-646, RHA L1 DACAMP, Sennheiser HD-599
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Mouse Roccat Kone XP
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Hey shilka

is SuperFlower Leadex II Gold affected by this ?
As far as i am aware Super Flower still make their own units they sell under their own name

No idea how much Super Flower actually has outsourced but i dont think they would with their own branded units

I dont think the bronze are SF units...

You can look it up by UL number and see. ;)
Some of the EVGA Bronze rated units are HEC and others are Super Flower
Or in the case of the B3 some if not all are outsourced to RSY

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2293.htm
http://www.orionpsudb.com/evga

The old B1 was FSP made

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
Tom's doesnt test in spec .. its somewhere in the thread...

And they say
If you are confident that you'll never overload the 750 B3,

Im not saying there are not issues, however when run in spec, there doesnt seem to be a problem?

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
But we should warn you that an overload can be also caused by a short circuit.
And they say
Haven't seen other psus tested "out of spec" die

Oh and then they also say

But we should warn you that an overload can be also caused by a short circuit.

Again, not saying it shouldnt be adressed, but when run in spec, it seems to be fine. Its rare people run their psus out of spec. Have you seen the psu help threads and how many people suggest a 650w+ unit when they dont break 300w. :p

At least it shuts down gracefully in either case! :p