• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Announces the GeForce 388.10 Hotfix Drivers for Wolfenstein II

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
NVIDIA today released the latest version of their GeForce driver suite which brings with it critical support fixes for machine Games' Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. This hotfix is of particular interest for Kepler-based GPUs - and the users that deploy these for eye-candy and 3D acceleration purposes. NVIDIA is counting on launching a new Game Ready driver package in the beginning of next week, bringing the best, optimal experience to the title.

If not for its impressive graphics and the fact that it's a Wolfenstein game, this one should probably capture your attention due to the developers cutting off multiplayer entirely, so that nothing interfered with the development of the games' single-player experience. In a world of canned single-player games due to these not being easy to develop microtransactions and DLC packs for, Machine Games' approach is one that should elicit an approving nod - at least for story pundits (disclaimer: this editor is one of those). You can download this driver below.

DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA GeForce 388.10 Hotfix Drivers for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Loved Wolf The New Order, but I still need to finish The Old Blood before I even consider grabbing this. Talks of crashes and the like on Steam reviews suggest as always it's no bad thing to wait.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Interesting how a news post about a driver release turned into an editorial about single player vs multi player. Not that I disagree with the statements.

In before the people complaining about the last drivers being beta even though they were labeled WHQL because they don't realize what WHQL is and that WHQL drivers don't have to be perfect, they just shouldn't crash the system and that drivers are always under constant development.

It's a respectful move. I hate it when developers shove in multiplayer just for the sake of saying "It has multiplayer". I rather see them polishing the single player with time they'd otherwise spend on doing multiplayer which dies after few years. Where single player stays forever.
I really liked both last new Wolfensteins. Only annoyance I had with them was popping in of textures as you moved or rotated. That really annoyed me. But it looked nice otherwise.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Interesting how a news post about a driver release turned into an editorial about single player vs multi player. Not that I disagree with the statements.

In before the people complaining about the last drivers being beta even though they were labeled WHQL because they don't realize what WHQL is and that WHQL drivers don't have to be perfect, they just shouldn't crash the system and that drivers are always under constant development.

Yeah, it did; it was the first time I talked about this game, and wanted to give credit where credit is due. If I can call out developers/publishers when they do something wrong, I feel it's only fair I also give my opinion when they do something that is (arguably, still) right.

There will likely be an editorial on this regard in the future, though.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
beat the game in just over 10h
didn't crash once
ran at a consistent 75 to 100fps on MAXIMUM settings