• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is my mobo DOA?

System Name Carlie
Processor q9550
Motherboard P35 DS3R
Cooling artic cooling freezer 7 pro
Memory 4x1GB ddr2-800, crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) BFG 8800gt, evga pci 6200
Storage 500GB samsung spinpoint
Display(s) Acer 24', 2xDell 22'
Case Thermaltake Armor
Audio Device(s) audigy 2 zs
Power Supply Corsair HX 520
Software Vista Ultimate 64-bit
So I've built computers in the past, and I've gotten many dead parts overtime. So I was just completing a new build, and when I turn it on I get unlimited long beeps from my p35 gigabyte. Anyway, unlimited beeps means something is wrong with the graphics card, but I know this isn't the case. I've tested the other parts in other computers (ram is ok, two pci-e video cards both work in other computers and give same beep error, monitor, two PSUs get the same beeps, umm, two cpus. The point is, I've checked every single part in the computer, and they all work in other computers). The last thing left is the mobo, and I guess I've just never had one DOA. So any suggestions before I return it?

InSanE

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @1.86ghz
Motherboard asus buckeye
Cooling fans
Memory 2gbs
Video Card(s) on board (i dont play games)
Storage 250gb samsung 7200rpms
Display(s) gateway 19' widescreen HDdisplay
Case stock (not very pretty)
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply 300w (crap)
Software windows xp media center edition 2005
idk dude it sounds like it is to me but hell its 2am and i am pretty much asleep. but from wut i am assumming the graphics card has worked in another computer from wut u have said.

did u put the graphics card in the mobo and it gave u an error message then u put it into another computer that it worked in?

OR

did the graphics card work before u put it in the one that u r completing?

System Name Carlie
Processor q9550
Motherboard P35 DS3R
Cooling artic cooling freezer 7 pro
Memory 4x1GB ddr2-800, crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) BFG 8800gt, evga pci 6200
Storage 500GB samsung spinpoint
Display(s) Acer 24', 2xDell 22'
Case Thermaltake Armor
Audio Device(s) audigy 2 zs
Power Supply Corsair HX 520
Software Vista Ultimate 64-bit
I guess it really doesn't matter since I already sent it back. I'm pretty confident in my decision, but I was hoping for some more input. I tested two graphics cards in the p35 that I sent back, a 7900 and a 6800, both of which have worked, and are currently working in other computers, and the beep actually wasn't "continuous long beeps", it was actually three long beeps, then a pause, then 13 long beeps, no variation of the codes they gave me explained that, there wasn't even a code for three long beeps. You'd figure if they were going to make beep codes, the least they could do is make it line up with a key somewhere...

InSanE

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @1.86ghz
Motherboard asus buckeye
Cooling fans
Memory 2gbs
Video Card(s) on board (i dont play games)
Storage 250gb samsung 7200rpms
Display(s) gateway 19' widescreen HDdisplay
Case stock (not very pretty)
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply 300w (crap)
Software windows xp media center edition 2005
ya thats what i would have done. sounds like someone should "update" the codebook every once and awhile.:wtf: