• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Black Box

Processor dual G34 6128he
Motherboard h8dg6
Cooling OEM
Memory 48gb DDR3 ECC REG
Video Card(s) onboard
Storage 12x 3tb 4x 15k sas
Display(s) crappy lcd
Case chenbro rackmouunt
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply seasonic 3x redundant
Software ProxMox
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD64 1.8g @ 2.4g.
MODDED abit at8 32x board
radeon x1900xtx at 702/882.
sound blaster audigy 2
2 hitachi HD' one ide one sata
dvd rom
modded purple led fan controller
abit uguru panel
custom case leds and led feet
black light neons
custom cable sleeved EVERYTHING
internal psu mods for more power, PCP&C psu
various fan and heatsink mods, see next section.

Mods:
where to even begin, some peeple spend HOURS modding cases to make them look outrageous. i spent HOURS modding this case to look as basic and clean as possible. everything is wire sleeves. i meen everything. the internal case cables the cables to the led feet the psu cables, wires for fan headers. also i modded the case to hold 2 80mm fans in the back, blu UV of course. the chipset fan that u can barely see in the pic is a copper chipset sink that i machined out and tapped 3 holes into then used a blue led video card fan modded to 3 wire for rpm senseing and of course sleeved the wires. the copper xp-90c has a 92mm bluled 3500rpm fan on it atached to the fan controller for power but also has split wire that goes to mainboard for fan speed sensing. fan controller is wired to molexes and numbered and fixed to the bottom of the psu. u can sort of see them in the pick. lots of cables hav been hidden. HD cables and stuff like that all route through the back side of the case. this board came with a heatpipe system for the chipset, i ripped it out and put the chipset cooler i built on, mine works lots better. the led feet are custom wired to pull power from a hidden source and turn on and off with the computer, no extra buttons for them or anything. dvd rom and intake fan mesh are custom painted metalic black to match case. also theres to more led fans hidden behind the fan front fan grill that cast a very slight glow thru the front. also severely modded thermaltake video card cooler. 92mm fan installed instead of the squirrel cage. also the window is black plex, so when computers off u cant see in. blends into the case very good.

pictures seriously do not do it justice.
and the title, well i run debian linux, but i dont use gnome or kde, i run Black box for my gui. so yes, Black box on a black box.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbmaster

Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III Formula
Cooling Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler, 120 mm and 200 mm exhaust, 3 x 120 mm intake
Memory 4 GB OCZ DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 4890
Storage Western Digital 500 GB Blacks in RAID 0/ Wesdtern Digital SE16 250 GB
Display(s) Acer 19" widescreen
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Supreme X-Fi
Power Supply Seasonic M12 SS-700HM
Software Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3dMark 03-~62k 3dMark 05-~22k 3dMark 06-18268
Overall not bad, but you need to work on that wiring.

Motherboard h8dg6
Cooling OEM
Memory 48gb DDR3 ECC REG
Video Card(s) onboard
Display(s) crappy lcd
Case chenbro rackmouunt
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software ProxMox
updated, that better?

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
its ok nothing special 5/10

pbmaster

Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III Formula
Cooling Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler, 120 mm and 200 mm exhaust, 3 x 120 mm intake
Memory 4 GB OCZ DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 4890
Storage Western Digital 500 GB Blacks in RAID 0/ Wesdtern Digital SE16 250 GB
Display(s) Acer 19" widescreen
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Supreme X-Fi
Power Supply Seasonic M12 SS-700HM
Software Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3dMark 03-~62k 3dMark 05-~22k 3dMark 06-18268
Why yes, that is better.

Wiring is still just hanging around the case, you should try routing them around the CPU cooler or try to make the ones that have to go across the board all run along each other in one place. If you're going to spend that much time sleeving the wires you might as well make them only go in one place to make the entire case look cleaner.

Motherboard h8dg6
Cooling OEM
Memory 48gb DDR3 ECC REG
Video Card(s) onboard
Display(s) crappy lcd
Case chenbro rackmouunt
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software ProxMox
none of the plugs on the board r even remotly close to each other. and with over 20 groups of cables plugged into just the mb theres going to be a lot of wire. then there 2 fan controllers. the one on the front and a hidden one. wireing for all the lights, all the wiring for the uguru panel, 8 fans, 2 seperate sets of front usb, internal fire wire, 90% of the stuff is ran through the back of the mainboard tray so it cant be seen. thers just flat A LOT of wires and cables in this.

if sumones volunteering to help me think of some routing ideas im all ears

Processor Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz
Motherboard Intel G965 Express ATX LGA 775
Cooling Zerotherm 92mm cpu cooler,120mm,2x80mm fans
Memory Patriot SL DDR2 1GB PC2-5300 667MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Geforce 7100GS 512mb
Storage WD Cavair SE 250GB 7200rpm
Display(s) Acer 19" DVI Widescreen
Case Cooler Master Centurion
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Audigy
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 500W
Software XP PRO/Ubuntu(wubi)
6/10

Nice update, cabling looks good with all the wires that are there and you gotta tell me how you did the chipset fan, luv it :)

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
Way too messy, 5/10. However, I do like the case! :)

All I can say about your wires is that you actually have to think about what your going to do with them. Use zip ties where needed, some drimmeling may also be in order. However, number one thing you need to do is plan the wiring out.

Last edited:
System Name Sniper
Processor AMD 1044T 6x @ 3.5ghz
Motherboard MSI 890FXA-GD70
Cooling Corsair H50 (push/pull) = 30c idle / 38c load
Memory 2x 4gb G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3
Video Card(s) 2x BFG GTX 275 OC in SLI
Storage 2x Seagate Momentus XT in RAID0
Display(s) Hanns 28"
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XFX XXX 650w
Software Win7 64bit w/ xDev SLI mod
Way to messy, 5/10. However, I do like the case! :)

All I can say about your wires is that you actually have to think about what your going to do with them. Use zip ties where needed, some drimmeling may also be in order. However, number one thing you need to do is plan the wiring out.

I agree with that statement; you must plan ahead. Before I drilled a single hole in my Antec900, I planned, measured, adjusted, replanned, etc... I not only planned for my current mobo, but I'm planning to upgrade soon, so I put my cable routing holes where they could be used with my current & future mobo. If you look closely at my Gallery Entry you will probably notice an unused hole in the upper right: it's not there by accident. I like your case too, and I love all the work you did sleeving the cables. I've had mixed results with my cable sleeving, you've done a much better job than I did. I'll probably go back and work on ths some more. Good work!

Glendor...

Motherboard h8dg6
Cooling OEM
Memory 48gb DDR3 ECC REG
Video Card(s) onboard
Display(s) crappy lcd
Case chenbro rackmouunt
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software ProxMox
yikes, i dont think i would hav bothered to sleeve my cableing if i wasnt going to have any of it show. like the stuff in the top left of mine. the molexes hav leds in them so they glow blue. the sheeth is all uv reactive.

ive actually been planning a completly stealth cabled case but on this one i kinda want some of the cableing visable. sort of an almost industrial look.

i like that one too, very cleen look to it.

mine has detail work like the fans i ordered had 3 pin headres so instead of using an adapter i actually rewired them all with the correct ends that i needed. same with the fan controllers, all the cables for it had 3 adapters so even though u cant even see the cables i still made my own that hav correct ends on both sides with no adapters. and even my psu. i had no reason to hav floppy power plugs so i took them out of the power supply.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
yikes, i dont think i would hav bothered to sleeve my cableing if i wasnt going to have any of it show. like the stuff in the top left of mine. the molexes hav leds in them so they glow blue. the sheeth is all uv reactive.

ive actually been planning a completly stealth cabled case but on this one i kinda want some of the cableing visable. sort of an almost industrial look.

i like that one too, very cleen look to it.

mine has detail work like the fans i ordered had 3 pin headres so instead of using an adapter i actually rewired them all with the correct ends that i needed. same with the fan controllers, all the cables for it had 3 adapters so even though u cant even see the cables i still made my own that hav correct ends on both sides with no adapters. and even my psu. i had no reason to hav floppy power plugs so i took them out of the power supply.

Your case doesn't look industrial, it looks messy. Not only that, but I'm 99% sure your airflow is suffering b/c of your wire management. Furthmore, some of the wire placement even looks a little dangerous (You have a wire sitting on a heat sink, as well as other various wires).

Motherboard h8dg6
Cooling OEM
Memory 48gb DDR3 ECC REG
Video Card(s) onboard
Display(s) crappy lcd
Case chenbro rackmouunt
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software ProxMox
Your case doesn't look industrial, it looks messy. Not only that, but I'm 99% sure your airflow is suffering b/c of your wire management. Furthmore, some of the wire placement even looks a little dangerous (You have a wire sitting on a heat sink, as well as other various wires).

its not sitting on the heatsink. i slotted the heatsink so the cable runs through it. its also heat shielded. by the way that cable plugs into the bottom left of the mainboard. and no. theres no other way to get it there. short of putting a hole in the mainboard i guess

you know what im going to just take a bunch of closeups of everything. maybe seing how stuffed full it is and the reasonse why i routed things where they are is whats in order.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
My vote won't change untill a new verison. I'm not trying to offend you, I'm trying to give you advice.