• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Germany Wants to Sneak Spyware on Terror Suspects' Computers

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
In the fight against terror, Germany is trying to gain the upper hand by spying on potential terrorists. They can already tap phone lines and use most forms of electronic surveillance. However, the German government wants to go even further by watching all internet activity on a suspect's computer. While a direct installation was recently prohibited by German courts, a "sneak attack" has not yet been forbidden. German officials are proposing a bill that would allow police agencies to send E-mails loaded with trojan horses, in an attempt to bug a suspect's computer. If a terror suspect was foolish enough to download attachments from the "Finance Ministry" or "Youth Services Office", a government official could read the contents of his hard drive or spy on his internet activities at any time. However, this idea is under much scrutiny. The likeliness that such a practice would become legal is very unlikely. And even if it did become legal, most terror suspects are smart enough not to install simple virus protection, and are probably running Mac OS X/Linux anyways to avoid such a problem.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel I7 2600k@ 4.5
Motherboard Gigabyte p67 ud4 b3
Cooling AC Cuplex kryos Hf
Memory 8096 Exceleram 1600@ 1333 Cl9 1.35v
Video Card(s) Palit Gtx570@950/1900@1.063v
Storage Ocz Vertex 3 120gb, 2tb Seagate 7200rpm s-ata3
Display(s) Asus 24inch Lcd
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-fi with Teufel Magnum Power Edition
Power Supply Coolermaster 700W Silent Pro Gold
Software Linux?^^ ;P Windows 7 64bit
The dialer is desinged for Linux/mac aswell.

We are quite in discussing this thing here in germany. But as far as it looks having adminsitrator tools for searching security holes in your lan will be illegall in future.

o_k_13

the terrorists are probably running windows 98, as they are retards.
and those running unusual linux distros will have to compile the spyware to run on their machine, then richard stallman will demand that the german government opens the program's source.
and probably apple will include the program "out of the box" in the german online store.

Last edited:

Glump Bliermp

This would never fly in America. Everyone has the right to privacy - especially if you're planning an attack which would cause mass innocent civilian casualties. God Bless America!!!

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
My opinion on spying:

If you've been convicted of doing something bad before, or there's reason to believe you're going to do something bad (again), spying is acceptable. In no other circumstances should it be allowed. Law-abiding citizens should be allowed to go about their daily lives without five government agencies knowing when they're going grocery shopping.

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
My opinion on spying:

If you've been convicted of doing something bad before, or there's reason to believe you're going to do something bad (again), spying is acceptable. In no other circumstances should it be allowed. Law-abiding citizens should be allowed to go about their daily lives without five government agencies knowing when they're going grocery shopping.

My thoughts exactly zek.

You break the law (to the extent of endangering other people) you shouldn't have the same privacy rights as everyone else.

HAL7000

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling stock
Memory Mushkin eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Video Card(s) X1900GT
Storage SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2004C 200GB
Display(s) Acer AL2051W 20" 8ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor
Case IN WIN IW-F430.RL Red
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy gamers edition
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad - Copper
Software XP Pro w/SP3
My opinion on spying:

I would agree with this statement on the whole and would also include known terrorist without convictions. I think we allow the terrorist to many freedoms and rights. I had friends killed in the twin towers, over Iraq, and other places I rather not speak about. Attacking/ going after the terrorist in every way possible should be granted with the proper supervision and guidelines. It is a Military campaign.
Keep it out of public/political/ media scrutiny.

IMHO...A war is won by military might and strategies, not by polls and media coverage. Causalities are a part of war....we need not back pedal but accept the fruits of war and press harder and not allow the hands of the military to be tied up. So whatever works in winning this war....grant it.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Seems like a nice plan, just sucks they have to download the virus <G>

kakazza

Oh please, Wolfgang Schaeuble is a known madman in a wheelchair. You can buy T-Shirts with "Even if you're in a wheelchair, you can still kick the human right" on them.

He's more or less for total observation of ANYONE.

HAL7000

Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling stock
Video Card(s) X1900GT
Software XP Pro w/SP3
Quote from Wikpedia:

Schäuble is criticized by some for his strong conservative views and his pursuit of law and order politics; his remarks about the 2006 FIFA World Cup's security (demanding to put tanks in front of the stadiums if necessary) and his decision to opt out of the Schengen agreement during the World Cup were frowned upon by many. He is - together with Otto Schily and Günther Beckstein - seen by some civil rights activists as one of the most rigid, authoritarian politicians in Germany. His declared attendance of LinuxTag 2007 drew a boycott from parts of the OSS community. [2] The latest decisions of his ministry have led to a campaign dubbed Stasi 2.0 by its initiators, claiming intentional resemblance to the Ministerium für Staatssicherheit of the German Democratic Republic.

So why criticize him for wanting to kick some serious terrorist/ bad guy’s ass..... I am tired of people calling others lame but have no other resolve for terrorism. Terrorist need to be killed before they kill....plain and simple....trying to find them is essential. So doing whatever can be done is necessary.
Lets see what you think when it is your family that is harmed or killed. I hope he does more in Germany that will positively affect the terrorist there and abroad. Leaving them alone and thinking they will go away doesn’t work. This guy has balls....

I apologize for this rant…but yes we need to do what we can to win this war.
Dam it pisses me off….dam here comes the wife…with a fry pan to settle me down

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
I don't critise him Hal, I agree it must be done, but you can't throw away EVERYONE's right to privacy. If there is a credible link between the person and terrorism then yes, but to allow the government to look through everyone's private things is wrong.

If you've been convicted of a crime, you don't deserve the same rights as everyone else.

The problem is if we let it go to far, exactly how much of our lives are the politicians etc. going to want to know/control?

HAL7000

Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling stock
Video Card(s) X1900GT
Software XP Pro w/SP3
I don't critise him Hal, I agree it must be done, but you can't throw away EVERYONE's right to privacy. If there is a credible link between the person and terrorism then yes, but to allow the government to look through everyone's private things is wrong.

If you've been convicted of a crime, you don't deserve the same rights as everyone else.

The problem is if we let it go to far, exactly how much of our lives are the politicians etc. going to want to know/control?

Understand your concerns, but you and I have nothing to worry about, protecting the rights of an individual is honorable, but we need to draw the line between them and us,,,,,if you and I walked down the streets alone in Baghdad, believe me....rights mean shit there....this is their mentality....you and I are dead....most likely within one hour. You can cry human rights but when they send our bodies down the river and our heads to the local consulate, let’s hope we are still smiling.
We have had covert missions that are not privy to the media or the public which have produced some great results over the years.
This is where we need to be. A virus over the internet is a small part. That won’t affect you or I. Have you ever looked into the eyes of death? I have, my best friend was killed walking down a f**king safe zone in ********. My son now is in ******** and does what his old man has done before him….protect your right to protest….In the mog…we lost men because of f**king politics and the Sec of Def resigned two months after the incident. He should have been allowed to walk the street in the mog alone.
Wolfgang Schaeuble knows what I am talking about and wants to start to take back the ground lost over all the years. You deserve this; our kids deserve this and our kid’s kids.

Remember a virus is only detected if recognized as one….this is another way to have a covert mission with no KIA’s.

Last edited:

XooM

Processor Athlon 64 3800 x2 Windosr @ 2.65 (and rising)
Motherboard BIOSTAR TForce 550
Cooling Custom Liquid (WMD20RLZT, Swiftech STORM, 2-302 w/ custom shroud, 2x sanyo denki)
Memory Patriot PDC22G5300LLK
Video Card(s) Sapphire x1900GT
Storage 1x maxtor 40gb, 2x hitachi T7K250 160gb drives RAID 0, 1x 160gb Spinpoint
Display(s) 2x 17" CRT (dells; one from 1998, one from 2001) at 1600x1200 each
Case Aspire X-SuperAlien
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply Seasonic S12 600watt
Software WinXP SP2, Folding@Home, Battlefield2, etc
haha, apple is funded by terrorists.

kwchang007

Processor C2D T7200@2 ghz vcore: .9875
Motherboard generic laptop board
Cooling fan control and antec notebook cooler
Memory 2 GBs@ 533 mhz ddr2
Video Card(s) x1400 mobile, overclocked: 526mhz core/ 882mhz ddr
Storage 120 GB@ 5400 rpm fujitsu
Display(s) 15.4" 1440x900
Audio Device(s) integrated
Software vista 32 bit home premium
Oh boy....watch the anti-virus on the machine detect the virus and remove it. Anyways....I know if I was doing something I wanted to keep truly secret, it'd be on a computer that never ever touched the web. Then it would be on a lan with other computers that aren't on the web. I would use another computer to go on the web on a separate network save then copy anything I need, scan the copies with like 3 different av programs, then load it up. Don't be surprised people.....I bet our gov'ts are doing that kind of thing right now, terrorists catch on quick.

B

bassmasta

this is like when good old george W. tapped people phone lines. he caught one guy who turned out to be high at the time anyway.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
the terrorists are probably running windows 98, as they are retards.
and those running unusual linux distros will have to compile the spyware to run on their machine, then richard stallman will demand that the german government opens the program's source.
and probably apple will include the program "out of the box" in the german online store.

Just curious here.... Terrorists ... Retards? Windows 98.....

I'm sorry but to be honest here people at the top of Terrorist organizations are FAR from retards, in fact they are very intelligent... Just because the majority of people believe what they do is wrong, it takes a lot a intelligence to be able to pull the things off they do.

To go on this here.... Sounds like an interesting idea.

Processor Intel I7 2600k@ 4.5
Motherboard Gigabyte p67 ud4 b3
Cooling AC Cuplex kryos Hf
Memory 8096 Exceleram 1600@ 1333 Cl9 1.35v
Video Card(s) Palit Gtx570@950/1900@1.063v
Storage Ocz Vertex 3 120gb, 2tb Seagate 7200rpm s-ata3
Display(s) Asus 24inch Lcd
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-fi with Teufel Magnum Power Edition
Power Supply Coolermaster 700W Silent Pro Gold
Software Linux?^^ ;P Windows 7 64bit
The odd thing about is. That in Germany by law Antivirus programms and anty intruder programms and so on. So everything a hacker and a normal lan admin need to work with will be banished by law.
So no one can have a anti virus programm running while they installed the trojan horse.

The other really weird thing is that a policy called "Bka" shall be alloud to go into your house and install the trojan house just in cause of a rumor that you are a terrorist.

Get the Point?

HAL7000

Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling stock
Video Card(s) X1900GT
Software XP Pro w/SP3
The odd thing about is. That in Germany by law Antivirus programms and anty intruder programms and so on. So everything a hacker and a normal lan admin need to work with will be banished by law.
So no one can have a anti virus programm running while they installed the trojan horse.

The other really weird thing is that a policy called "Bka" shall be alloud to go into your house and install the trojan house just in cause of a rumor that you are a terrorist.

Get the Point?

where is the documentation to support this......thanks