• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VISTA nVIDIA nForce Driver support nForce, nForce2, nForce3, nForce4.

thedivinehairband

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE
Motherboard AsRock M3A785GMH/128M
Memory Corsair 4GB DDR3 DHX 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 4870 1024Mb
Storage 2 x Western Digital Caviar 250Gb 16Mb Cache (RAID 0)
Display(s) 30" Dell 3007WFP
Case Antec P180B
Audio Device(s) Soudblaster Audigy 2 Platimun eX
Power Supply OCZ SilentXtream 600W
Software Windows 7 RC 64 bit (soon to be Home Premium)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Nvidia_nForce_Audio_Driver_Vista_d5773.html

I found by chance this link posted on the Majorgeeks website containing what appears to be drivers for SATA Raid, Ethernet, Audio and SMBus Devices for Windows Vista (32-bit I assume) supporting the older chipsets mentioned in the title.
It's been well known that nVIDIA have been dragging their heels over support for older shipsets under Windows Vista so these may be just what we're looking for. If anyone would like to test them as I'm at work and can't until I go home in 3 hours.
Don't be put off by the page stating that they are audio drivers only. Using WinRAR to extract the files I found there to be directories for network, RAID and chipset drivers along with the mentioned audio drivers.
Could this be our saviour? I know I shall be trying these the second I get in on my Epox 9NDA3+ and shall report back.
Peace out!!:toast:

thedivinehairband

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE
Motherboard AsRock M3A785GMH/128M
Memory Corsair 4GB DDR3 DHX 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 4870 1024Mb
Storage 2 x Western Digital Caviar 250Gb 16Mb Cache (RAID 0)
Display(s) 30" Dell 3007WFP
Case Antec P180B
Audio Device(s) Soudblaster Audigy 2 Platimun eX
Power Supply OCZ SilentXtream 600W
Software Windows 7 RC 64 bit (soon to be Home Premium)
It don't work. This isn't the super driver I had hoped for. RAID doesn't work and enabling 2 cores still causes driver issues with ATI graphics cards. Ah well. Perhaps one day they'll get their thumb outa their arse and give us some drivers that work properly.
They at least enable the chipset properly. Though I couldn't get my sound to work after. Bloomin Vista.