• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Atari Doubles Down on PC Versatility with the Launch of Google Workspace Apps on the Atari VCS

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Atari announced today another step into establishing the all-new Atari VCS Videogame Computer System as a capable and fully-featured small form-factor PC for the living room. Paired with a robust modern indie and retro video game selection and streaming applications, the Atari VCS now provides users with the ultimate productivity powerhouse: Google Workspace.

Atari VCS owners can take advantage of the system's desk-to-living room versatility with easy access to Gmail, Calendar, Slides, Sheets, Docs, and Drive—all accessible right from the Atari VCS dashboard—and controllable with the Atari VCS Companion app or a traditional mouse and keyboard.

As the only video gaming system that features Chrome built-in, the Atari VCS delivers a unique experience for gamers, tinkerers, casual users, and PC enthusiasts alike. With the ability to work or play right from the couch, the Atari VCS videogame computer system is a true two-in-one device, offering some of the latest and greatest indie gaming options in the Atari Store, libraries of classic favorites via the Atari Vault, retro games, and Antstream Arcade, plus simple access to the most popular streaming services for television, movies, music, and cloud gaming.

The system's compact chassis makes it an ideal choice as a powerful set-top mini PC and gaming device for the office, living room, bedroom, or anywhere else in the home. Without taking up prime media center real estate as a traditional desktop PC or laptop, the Atari VCS' unassuming profile and sleek appearance compliment its constantly expanding range of utility. With new games and services releasing regularly—and now with the ability to check emails, catch up on social media, school, work, shopping, or your favorite content—the Atari VCS is a functional and fun addition to the home that can be utilized by everyone in the family.

The Atari VCS lineup of Videogame Computer Systems, bundles, and peripherals are available for purchase online and in-store from Best Buy, GameStop, Micro Center, and the Official Atari VCS web store in the United States and Canada. The system's unique design allows for RAM upgrades and storage expansion and connects to most Bluetooth and Wifi-enabled accessories.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I might actually get one of these. Check email, play pong, donkey kong, read TPU, all while in couch potato mode.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
DtG...

When they were first announced, I had an opportunity to pick up the base model at Wal-Mart for 249.99. I literally went out to the kitchen to eat dinner, came back and they were gone.

Atari VCS 400 Onyx Base.jpg

The last time I looked I only saw the Atari VCS 800 series that comes with the paddles/joysticks. Those, if I recall...are 399.99 Have you(or anyone else) seen the base device on sale anywhere?

I'd like one. If anyone runs into the base model, please comment on this thread or shoot me a private message.

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
The last time I looked I only saw the Atari VCS 800 series that comes with the paddles/joysticks. Those, if I recall...are 399.99 Have you(or anyone else) seen the base device on sale anywhere?

I'd like one. If anyone runs into the base model, please comment on this thread or shoot me a private message.

You can always create a WTB thread:

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
Thanks P4-630.

If I can't find a new one, I'll definitely be going into the aftermarket. I'd really like one of these.

Best,

Liquid Cool