• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Unveils Diverse Portfolio of Mice and Keyboards "Designed for Mac"

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Today, Logitech announced a new "Designed for Mac" collection of products, crafted to be seamlessly compatible and reliable with Mac setups across a variety of use cases. The new collection includes the MX Mechanical Mini for Mac keyboard, MX Master 3S for Mac mouse, Lift for Mac mouse and the K380 Bluetooth Keyboard for Mac in a new Blueberry color.

"We know that Apple users value a consistent design aesthetic for their entire setup—work or home—and that they need mice and keyboards that work across their ecosystems," said Delphine Donné, vice president and general manager of Creativity and Productivity at Logitech. "We've created a suite of stylish tools that elevates how you work by adding more functionality, customization and comfort. And because we know that one size doesn't fit all, this collection was designed, developed and engineered to meet the diverse needs of Apple users."

MX Mechanical Mini for Mac Keyboard
Logitech's first mechanical keyboard optimized for Mac, available in Space Gray and Pale Gray, features a keyboard layout for Mac with the ability to customize shortcuts and accelerate creativity with Logi Options+. MX Mechanical Mini for Mac features Tactile Quiet low-profile switches and Smart Backlighting, to stay in the flow in any light conditions. Connect up to three different Apple devices for macOS, iPadOS or iOS with Easy-Switch and charge the keyboard with a USB-C cable while working.

MX Master 3S for Mac Mouse
An icon remastered for advanced Mac users, the MX Master 3S for Mac mouse, available in Space Gray and Pale Gray, combines what you love already with new features for ultimate comfort, performance and work flow. With the MagSpeed Electromagnetic wheel, zip through 1,000 lines per second, and set the DPI between 1,000 and 8,000 for precise work on either one or multiple high resolution monitors. MX Master 3S for Mac features Quiet Clicks, tracks on glass, quickly recharges with the USB-C cable while in use and can connect up to three different Apple devices on macOS and iPadOS with Easy-Switch.

Lift for Mac Mouse
Crafted for day-long comfort, Lift for Mac is a vertical ergonomic mouse ideal for people with small to medium-sized hands. Developed and tested in the Logitech Ergo Lab, the 57° angle of Lift for Mac places your hand in a natural handshake position. This puts less pressure on the wrist throughout the day and places your arm and upper body in a more natural posture.

K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard for Mac (Blueberry)
A modern keyboard with laptop-like typing in a minimalist layout, the K380 Multi-Device keyboard beautifully integrates with your Apple setup and works seamlessly across your Apple devices. Available in the new Blueberry color, this lightweight, space-saving keyboard allows for the comfort and convenience of desktop-style typing wherever you are, at home or on the road. The scooped keys provide smooth and ultra-quiet typing and connect via Easy-Switch with a touch of a button to your MacBook, iPad or iPhone.

Logitech's Sustainability Approach
Logitech products, including "Designed for Mac" products, are designed to not only deliver exceptional user experiences but do so with an understanding of environmental and social impact. The plastic parts in MX for Mac and Lift for Mac products include certified post-consumer recycled plastic to give a second life to end-of-life plastic from old consumer electronics.
  • 47% for MX Mechanical Mini for Mac Space Gray
  • 36% for MX Mechanical Mini for Mac Pale Gray
  • 27% for MX Master 3S for Mac Space Gray
  • 22% for MX Master 3S for Mac Pale Gray
  • 54% for Lift for Mac

All Logitech products are certified carbon neutral. We reduce the net carbon impact of Logitech products by designing for sustainability and using renewable energy where possible. We also compensate our residual impact by purchasing high-quality, certified offsets from forestry, renewables, and climate-impacted communities.

Pricing and Availability
Available in September 2022 on logitech.com and at other global retailers, the suggested retail prices are:
  • MX Mechanical Mini for Mac: $149.99
  • MX Master 3S for Mac: $99.99
  • Lift for Mac: $69.99
  • K380 for Mac: $39.99

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock through Kryosheet
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 40
Does it also charge from the bottom?

If not it is against policy.

Apple tax on top of Logitax.
Nope not for these but still stupid. Everyone gets the magic mouse anyways. For keyboards they go with the apple (which is stupid, at 200 bucks) or a code or one with the keys for whatever creativity software.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
These look nice, and the prices aren't bad considering what is normal these days. That light grey mech keyboard has something going for it.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
I rather take a MAC Donalds...

Food Drink Hamburger GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I've bought several Logitech keyboards for work in the last couple of years and they've all been horrible. I've had nicer-quality QCHUNXPIE or similarly-named Amazon mystery-brand stuff at a quarter the price on many occasion.

What happened to Logitech keyboards? They were good and cheap, then they became good and expensive, and now they're nasty and expensive. It's at odds with the rest of their portfolio....

I've bought several Logitech keyboards for work in the last couple of years and they've all been horrible. I've had nicer-quality QCHUNXPIE or similarly-named Amazon mystery-brand stuff at a quarter the price on many occasion.

What happened to Logitech keyboards? They were good and cheap, then they became good and expensive, and now they're nasty and expensive. It's at odds with the rest of their portfolio....

Any particular fault? I'm thinking of grabbing an Mx mechanical on black friday sales (if they are on sale lol, but they usually have some good discounts), is the problem connection, switches (mx mech uses off the shelf Kailh Choc low profile switches so should be fine), other?

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Any particular fault? I'm thinking of grabbing an Mx mechanical on black friday sales (if they are on sale lol, but they usually have some good discounts), is the problem connection, switches (mx mech uses off the shelf Kailh Choc low profile switches so should be fine), other?

Of my recent experiences (K360, K380, K410, MX keys) they've all been quite expensive and felt like shit. Nasty wobbly key action, cheap plastics, creak and flex etc. The build quality of those models is optimistically described as adequate. The MX Keys I have is okay but it's a $40 keyboard with a $100 price tag. I bought it because it looked like (and was priced like) machined aluminium, only to discover the whole thing is just cheap plastic and the membrane key actuation feels pretty mushy and inconsistent between keys.

Their higher-end stuff, and presumably the MX mechanical, likely feel better - but Logitech aren't my go-to company for mechanical boards so I can't comment on them.

Edit:
I've just watched a review of the MX mechanical and it's more of what I expected. 100% plastic build quality at a price others are offering alloy-plate or full-alloy. Keycaps are cheap ABS with printed legends so they'll shine and wear away. Switches are soldered in so no way to repair/replace individual switches unlike you can in the competition from Keychron or NuPhy.

It's basically an okay wireless mechanical but absolutely not worth full price, and probably only appealing if it's discounted by 40% or more. There are plenty of channels dedicated to mechanical keyboards so don't take my word for it - have a look at what better alternatives are out there and make your own mind up :)

Last edited: