• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

JLab Launches the Go Wireless Keyboard

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
JLab is turning up the volume on the overlooked work-from-home category by expanding its signature innovation to its new Work Collection of keyboards, mice, webcams and microphones in the UK. They are currently available on Amazon UK with high street retailers also expected to stock very soon.

Studies have cited that the shift to remote work during the pandemic has brought a heightened level of productivity among office workers, and a recent Gallup State of the Workforce study found with 70% of workers would prefer a hybrid office arrangement in the future. To satisfy the diverse and evolving needs of the work-from-home contingent to a neglected category, JLab's new computer peripherals include mice and keyboards that seamlessly switch between three devices further evolving to today's evolving work-life blending. The new Work Collection is available in three product categories, GO, JBuds, and Epic. Further launches in these categories are expected throughout the year in the UK.

"The work-from-home category has had very little innovation in the last 10 years, which is very surprising in light of how people prefer hybrid office environments and the number of businesses accommodating this shift. JLab is injecting new life into the productivity category with our new Work Collection, providing a range of innovative options that include our signature level of innovation and surprising value across a range of price tiers. This category needed a challenger and I'm thrilled with the real innovation consumers will enjoy," said JLab CEO Win Cramer.

According to a survey by Global Workplace Analytics, remote employees are the most successful when they have the tools they need on hand at their home to do their job. Still, employers are often not required to provide support or reimbursement for equipment to create first-class and productive remote-work environments. JLab's new Work Collection follows the same direction as its previous introductions by providing leading-edge features at tiered-price points with specific user groups in mind. As with its other product categories, JLab's new Work Collection is divided into three tiers, each offering a mix of surprising value and innovation.

GO: Deliberately crafted to be ultra-compact and minimalist, great for on-the-go work life and use with tablet devices. This includes:

JLab Go Wireless Keyboard - Slim and portable Bluetooth Keyboard with USB Dongle and Multi Device Connectivity, Compatible with Apple/Windows/Tablet/iPad/PC/Laptop/Android/Mac - £29.99 on Amazon UK (Currently on offer at just £19.99)

The GO Wireless Keyboard can be used with three simultaneous devices when connected via Bluetooth 5.0 or the USB Wireless Dongle (2.4 GHz). It can be easily switched between saved devices such as a computer, tablet, phone, using the switch on the keyboard.

Designed to be ultra-compact and lightweight, the GO Wireless keyboard feels just as comfortable as a laptop in a work-from-home setup as it is travelling to the office, coffee shops or coworking spaces. With its low profile and soft touch keys, it is quiet and provides a laptop-like feel.

Additionally, the Go Wireless Keyboard includes a media knob for volume control and the play/ pause functions of whichever device it is connected to. This includes your laptop, iPhone, Android, and even your tablet, meaning everything can be changed on just one keyboard.

As with all of JLab's products, items in the new Work Collection are backed with an industry-leading 2-year warranty vs. the standard 1 year that most manufacturers offer.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
I need a keyboard with numpad.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Yet ANUTHA kiddie-sized, kiddie-colored bottom of the barrel elcheapo keeb to further pollute the ever-expanding sea of them already out there....

p/A/s/S....

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
I don't see the point of wireless keyboards without touch pads frankly
Using one within a wired keyboard or mouse for that matter reach is just a waste of batteries and a cable phobia :fear:

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
Might be perfect for the home theater PC. I'm personally a JLab fan. They seem to offer decent performance and low-end prices.

This is literally just one of those "ultra-slim/Apple-styled" generic OEM keyboards just with some brand and a knob slapped on it...
images.jpeg-85.jpg

So yeah, big nope.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Hard no, the CTRL key and Fn keys are the wrong way around.
Lenovo do this on Thinkpads (for historical IBM reasons) but that's fine because you can adjust it in their BIOSes. Outside of Thinkpads, that's not an option I've seen.

EVERYONE uses the CTRL key. Cut/copy/paste are muscle-memory for just about anyone who can use a keyboard. CTRL shortcuts are used extensively for browser tab management and zooming, CTRL+ALT+DEL to unlock or logon?

CTRL is not some rarely used key that doesn't matter, and it's absolutely critical it's in the right place. How would you feel if Esc and F1 were swapped around on one of your keyboards? Reviewers rightly go ape-shit about laptops that put a power button where backspace or delete is on laptop layouts, often calling it a dealbreaker for the whole laptop.

Yet ANUTHA kiddie-sized, kiddie-colored bottom of the barrel elcheapo keeb to further pollute the ever-expanding sea of them already out there....

p/A/s/S....
You're not wrong about the market oversaturation of cheap, plastic, wireless keyboards.
Amazon UK search for "slim wireless keyboard" has 323 pages of matches. Not every single page is 100% wireless keyboards, but even page 300 of the results has mostly wireless keyboards still.

I need a keyboard with numpad.
You mean like these two also 'made' by JLAB?
Holy shit, don't look at the layout of that second one, it almost gave me an aneurism.

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
No vital information in the article. How long does it work on a single charge?
Charge? It uses replaceable batteries as per the last picture.

Charge? It uses replaceable batteries as per the last picture.
I do believe that people who are buying appliances powered by AA/AAA batteries do use eneloops (surely thats my assumption based on no public data available :) ). But even if they didn't, it's still sort of a "charge" meaning how long can it last with average AA batteries.
Logitech has no problem stating the time period their products run for off a single use batteries. My mouse is rated at 18 months (single use AA), and actual time is about 10-12 months with AA eneloop.
I also have an ancient A4Tech keyboard (3xAA eneloops in it) and it lasts about 2 years before recharging.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
I do believe that people who are buying appliances powered by AA/AAA batteries do use eneloops (surely thats my assumption based on no public data available :) ). But even if they didn't, it's still sort of a "charge" meaning how long can it last with average AA batteries.
Logitech has no problem stating the time period their products run for off a single use batteries. My mouse is rated at 18 months (single use AA), and actual time is about 10-12 months with AA eneloop.
I also have an ancient A4Tech keyboard (3xAA eneloops in it) and it lasts about 2 years before recharging.
You mean rechargable batteries? eneloop is a trade mark of Panasonic and it's not a word most people use to refer to rechargable batteries, regardless of type.
As the usage time varies depending on the type of batteries used, it's kind of tricky to provide an avarage battery life time, but I guess some kind of an indicator is better than nothing.
Maybe take it up with the manufacturer?

You mean rechargable batteries? eneloop is a trade mark of Panasonic and it's not a word most people use to refer to rechargable batteries, regardless of type.
As the usage time varies depending on the type of batteries used, it's kind of tricky to provide an avarage battery life time, but I guess some kind of an indicator is better than nothing.
Maybe take it up with the manufacturer?
oh i do mean eneloops. I have 15 years of experience with eneloops and i would never buy any other brand (i did have other brands years ago, just to find how terrible they were compared to eneloops)

again, my assumption with no data to back it up: I believe, that people who do use rechargables, will most likely use eneloops (or IKEA LADDAs) as their choice (well in some special cases, Ni-Zn batteries are used).