• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel LGA 7529 Socket Photographed Again, Comparisons Show Gargantuan Physical Footprint

Leaked image of the cooling tubes:
With those "tubes", I guess that means they can use raw sewage runoff for the coolant.
We certainly won't be finding those monster chips used by any except those with very deep pockets like Google, etc.

With those "tubes", I guess that means they can use raw sewage runoff for the coolant.
We certainly won't be finding those monster chips used by any except those with very deep pockets like Google, etc.
Ofc. And the likes of Google have lots of bollocks to fill those pipes.

240V split phase is already common for clothes dryers etc. in US households, is it not? So you just need a thick extension cord from your bathroom to your PC?

The bigger issue (for the entire world) is 12V DC, it's slowly becoming insufficient even in desktops, let alone servers. I think some custom built server and HPC racks already have 48V DC power distribution inside.
The problem is the CPU and GPU use closer to 1v, and so you have a lot of heat loss on the VRM going from the 12v supply yo the CPU voltage. That heat loss will be far worse if we upgraded computer PSUs to be something like 24v or 48v to the CPU and GPU. The solutions isnt giving lower voltage either to save on power loss in the VRM, because that would mean amperage sky rockets and you have to have much bigger cables and more area of thicker motherboard traces. The only real solution is to bring parts back into less power and a much greater focus on efficiency, but that would mean 3-5 years of no performance progress which no one wants. Can you imagine the press conferences that go: "Our new generation, we offer the same performance as last generation, but use 10% less power!" Like 2 people outside of a datacenter would care to buy it.