• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overwatch 2 Season 4 Previewed in Trailer, Blizzard Publishes Official S4 Roadmap

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Overwatch 2 Season 4 launches April 11! Blossom onto the battlefield with our newest Support Hero Lifeweaver, progress through the Battle Pass to earn rewards including Mythic Galactic Emperor Sigma, and fight for your faction when The Watchers and The Infinite Empire clash in the Starwatch event! Explore Talantis, the first-ever map made in collaboration with the community. Enjoy major quality-of-life updates with a revamped Competitive experience.

Watch the trailer to see what to expect with this upcoming season, which brings the new Support Hero Lifeweaver, a new Battle Pass, the community-made map called Talantis, and more. Progress through the Battle Pass to earn rewards including Mythic Galactic Emperor Sigma, and fight for your faction when The Watchers and The Infinite Empire clash in the Starwatch event.

New Support Hero, Lifeweaver
✨ Space Opera Battle Pass
Mythic Galactic Emperor Sigma
New Game Modes & Events

Free-to-play on console & PC.
Overwatch 2 Season 4 is going live on all platforms on April 11, 2023, and is expected to arrive at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET.

Follow #Overwatch2 for the latest news:
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/playoverwatch
TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@overwatch
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/playoverwatch
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/playoverwatch

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name The Cum Blaster
Processor R9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer LT360
Memory 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3800C16
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Nitro+
Storage Lots
Display(s) 4k60hz, 4k144hz
Case Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W
no blizzard i won't play your game

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Does anyone care? The buzz died out SO fast and people are so worried about getting banned for being mean that nobody does anything entertaining with it anymore.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Does anyone care? The buzz died out SO fast and people are so worried about getting banned for being mean that nobody does anything entertaining with it anymore.
Tbf, it isn't just Blizz just about every dev who takes their game F2P, and are beholden to the 'E for Everyone' rating. My question is when is the F2P/MTx fad going to end? Nowadays servers and lobbies are just populated by bots rather than actual players so revenue can't be anywhere near what it was at its peak.

Tbf, it isn't just Blizz just about every dev who takes their game F2P, and are beholden to the 'E for Everyone' rating. My question is when is the F2P/MTx fad going to end? Nowadays servers and lobbies are just populated by bots rather than actual players so revenue can't be anywhere near what it was at its peak.
F2P is so incredibly profitable that selling a game up front with no microtransactions would not just be leaving money on the table, it's downright stupid. I really like Overwatch 2, but that's probably almost entirely because I have a group of friends I play with. If I didn't have that, I probably would've dropped it soon after it launched. Yes, the moderation is dogshit, as it is in practically every single online game and every single online community that isn't 4chan. No, I'm not joking about that. Hypersensitive, politically-driven, and (worst of all) unfunny losers are in charge of determining what is and isn't "acceptable speech."

As for the revenue - you're wrong on that. Overwatch 1 sold for, what, $40 initially? Overwatch 2 skins cost $10-$15 each, and I know LOTS of people who buy multiple skins every season, in addition to the battlepass. That's anywhere from $10-$50 a month, per person, for as long as you can get them to keep playing. That's far, far more profitable than the pay upfront model. That's why every single company out there is going to the software-as-a-service model; repeat revenue is the holy grail.

And yes, I absolutely despise SaaS garbage. I will pirate any software that requires it. I will not, ever, pay for continued use of a product that doesn't need to be updated (MS Office, video editing software, and so on). Especially since updates for a huge fraction of software remove features, because the company decided you don't need it anymore. Absolutely infuriating, I will not comply.

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Thanks for the Overwatch update as I'm looking forward to the next season. Kirko's Mythic gear is pretty cool, I hope they keep up the good work. I don't know what changed in Blizzard the last couple years, but they are doing damn good with WoW's Dragonflight, Overwatch 2, and maybe even Diablo 4 (I missed the beta, so looking forward to it going live in June).

Processor Intel Core i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H Gaming DDR5 ATX Motherboard
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin II 360mm
Memory Team Group Delta RGB DDR5 32GB 7800
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24GB
Display(s) LG CX 55" OLED 120Hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX
Mouse Xtrfy M4 Retro
Keyboard Logitech G810 w/ Romer-G Tactile Switches
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 11
OW2 was a bit of a pointless release without the PvE. D4 is right around so I'm more interested in that at this point.