• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Launches Overwatch 2: Invasion Ultimate GeForce RTX 40 Series Bundle

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
Overwatch 2 is Blizzard's always-on and ever-evolving free-to-play, team-based action game that's set in an optimistic future, where every match is the ultimate 5v5 battlefield brawl. To unlock the ultimate graphics experience in each battle, upgrade to a GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics card, desktop PC, or laptop for class-leading performance, and unbeatable responsiveness courtesy of NVIDIA Reflex.

The invasion has begun in Overwatch 2's biggest season to date! Fight back in three co-op Player vs. Enemy Story Missions, play PvP as a new Support hero, and tier up the new Invasion Battle Pass to unlock new skins and cosmetics. And you can get the GeForce Overwatch 2 Invasion Ultimate Bundle with the purchase of select GeForce RTX 40 Series products at participating stores, starting today.

With your purchase in hand, you'll unlock:
  • OW2 Invasion Story Missions
  • Vigilante Sojourn Legendary Skin (*Earned)
  • Sojourn Hero Unlock (*Earned)
  • Premium Battle Pass
  • 20 Battle Pass Tier Skips
  • The C-455 Sharpshooter Cassidy Legendary Skin
  • The K-2000 Blademaster Kiriko Legendary Skin
  • 3,000 Overwatch Coins

To enhance your Overwatch 2 experience, purchase one of the following, eligible products at participating stores, and follow the supplied instructions to redeem your Invasion Ultimate Bundle code on Battle.net. Before purchase, please ensure the graphics card, PC or laptop is participating in the bundle promotion by checking the product page; redemption codes for non-participating products cannot be provided.

Using one of our participating GeForce RTX 40 Series products, your shots and movements will occur almost instantaneously in Overwatch 2 thanks to input latency that's as low as 9 milliseconds!

This blink and you'll miss it performance comes courtesy of NVIDIA Reflex, which reduces system latency by up to 60% in Overwatch 2, and the raw power of GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs, which can run at over 360 FPS at 1440p. You can also enjoy excellent performance and super low input latency on powerful, thin and light GeForce RTX 40 Series laptops.

Learn more about Reflex and high frame rate competitive gaming in previous Reflex articles, and get plenty of additional detail on the NVIDIA Reflex homepage.

You'll find GPUs, desktop PCs and laptops participating in the Invasion Ultimate Bundle at numerous system builders and retailers worldwide. Head to the Overwatch 2: Invasion Ultimate Bundle homepage to see the complete list of participating partners in your country.

Once you've bought any qualifying product, you'll receive email instructions on how to redeem your bundle, and just a few clicks later you'll add all of the Overwatch 2 goodies to your Battle.net account.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

ixi

Didn't see any difference with nvidia reflex. For what is it again?

Free 2 Play game with nvidia product, rofl, made my Friday.

Paladins is more fun and enjoyable than OW. Just my opinion.

Blizzard needs money. Asking for nvidia help, with this patch I guess OW is on steam as well? Those 10min queue for match to be found will be reduced I guess to 8min now. While competition (paladins) you get a match in ~5 sec.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
People still play Overwatch?
Sorry, but they ruined the game and this doesn't look like it fixes any of the issues.

System Name Black Knight | White Queen
Processor Intel Core i9-10940X (28 cores) | Intel Core i7-5775C (8 cores)
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore X299G | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S (White)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | Xigmatek Dark Knight SD-1283 Night Hawk (White)
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 | Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB DDR3L 1600MHz CL9 (White)
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC | KFA2/Galax GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hall of Fame Edition
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB, 850 Pro 256GB, 840 Pro 256GB, WD 10TB+ (incl. VelociRaptors)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW2721D 240Hz| ASUS PA246Q 60Hz, Samsung JU7500 48'' TV
Case Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW (Black) | NZXT ??? w/ ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 1250W 85+ | Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W (White)
Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate, Razer Naga Trinity | Razer Mamba 16000
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 (Orange switch) | Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I do, yes. The core game is super good/fun! Just ignore the store/microtransaction nonsense and you are fine.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
I do, yes. The core game is super good/fun! Just ignore the store/microtransaction nonsense and you are fine.

and ignore the fact that you are actively supporting a terrible inhumane company by even playing that crap I guess

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Sorry, but they ruined the game and this doesn't look like it fixes any of the issues.

I used to play it all the time, got pretty high ranked in competitive as well. They completely ruined the game when they started balancing it to be more FPS focused, lowering the TTK (time to kill), and reducing the focus on teamwork. The game is now a crappy TDM with the veneer of objectives, not remotely enjoyable to play.

Going free to play, the battlepass nonsense, and now having to pay for smaller story missions is just icing on the crap cake.

F2P game goodies bundled with a video card is not in the least bit enticing. I'd almost expect Nvidia to be getting paid to include them from a dying game.

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Since when is a RTX 4000 series card required to use Reflex, and even more so required to play OW2? The marketing here is as much bs as the bundle itself.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 6400 CL 32 @ 6000 CL32 (2x48GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4070ti OC
Storage 2x 1tb Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus, 1x SN850x 4tb, 1x 980 Pro 2tb
Display(s) 2x 34" 1440p Ultrawide

Free 2 Play game with nvidia product, rofl, made my Friday.

Paladins is more fun and enjoyable than OW. Just my opinion.

Blizzard needs money. Asking for nvidia help, with this patch I guess OW is on steam as well? Those 10min queue for match to be found will be reduced I guess to 8min now. While competition (paladins) you get a match in ~5 sec.
Purpose of nvidia reflex (low latency mode) is basically to just disable power savings. So basically, the GPU doesn't downclock when CPU bound. So if a scenario came along where more load is placed on the GPU, it doesn't have to upclock as it's already running full tilt. If you're GPU bound already this would make no difference and honestly the impact when CPU bound is probably something you can only detect in synthetic benchmarks.

Reflex as a whole is mainly meant to reduce the number of pre-rendered frames. Basically, trying to make sure that the frame being displayed has been rendered recently. At high refresh rates, this is probably also hard to really tell without a synthetic benchmark. YMMV though.

Well, Nvidia's desperate to seem like they're competing or doing anything. And Blizzard is desperate to seem... like Blizzard in any form, so tricking people into trying Overwatch 2 in any way possible is only logical. I'm really surprised they didn't just toss Diablo 4 in there as a freebie to boost that user count, too. Might as well. Going to be hard to explain away the year end user count...

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
and ignore the fact that you are actively supporting a terrible inhumane company by even playing that crap I guess
Unless you are amish, you are guilty of doing the exact same thing.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500

Really wondering what's riding Nvidia to team up with the publisher of the 2nd worst rated game on STEAM right now. Blizzard Coins, I guess. :D You won't come across a "Overwhelmingly Negative" game very often. Btw. had to disable "Infinite Scroll" on STEAM to get to the last page after sorting by "User Reviews". Steam250 is also rating the game as the 8th worst game.

Worst Games on STEAM.JPG

Also check out the Comments Section on their STEAM page, pure comedy gold. :laugh: Wouldn't be surprised if they pull the STEAM page and just create a new one, like Call of Duty®: Warzone™ did. But it didn't help in the end, there is no escape from reviewers on STEAM. No wonder Dev's who release trash don't have a comments section on their own launchers.

P.S.: the game shows as "owned" because I added it for collectors reasons. No intention here to play it, lol.

I think he's alluding to the fact that vast majority of companies whose product you use, like or not, are guilty of similar things.
For one, I'm pretty sure plenty of hardware elements are made by Foxconn, which also has terrible track record of treating their employees.

ah, the worst-selling game ever tag-teaming up w/ the worst-selling gpu generation ever
passt wie arsch auf eimer!

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
You are aware the game is free to play?

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
Blizzard knew exactly what they were doing. They ruined Overwatch 1, and pushed players involuntarily in to Overwatch 2, to drive monetization. Instead of having to work to gain a free to play audience, they forced a "I bought this for $60" audience in to their marketplace.

After 5+ years, at least people were to get a new game with new features, but they cancelled all that. All content cancelled. All of it. There is no Overwatch 2.

So yeah, ruined the first game, forced "not free to play" players in to a free to play game, and then didn't deliver any content except skins that you used to get for free now cost $30 CAD.

They deserve all the hate they get. Ruined my favorite game of the PS4 generation.

Bug off Blizzard. You got so much deserved hate over World of Warcraft, over Warcraft 3 remastered, over Diablo Immortal. You had one shining bright spot, the best game of the PS4 generation with the best new art and IP, and you ruined that too.

Should have had multiple Overwatch IP games in development, plus movies and all the other stuff. Instead management decided "how to we make money off our existing game instead of having to make more games" and they killed it.

Blizzard knew exactly what they were doing. They ruined Overwatch 1, and pushed players involuntarily in to Overwatch 2, to drive monetization. Instead of having to work to gain a free to play audience, they forced a "I bought this for $60" audience in to their marketplace.

After 5+ years, at least people were to get a new game with new features, but they cancelled all that. All content cancelled. All of it. There is no Overwatch 2.

So yeah, ruined the first game, forced "not free to play" players in to a free to play game, and then didn't deliver any content except skins that you used to get for free now cost $30 CAD.

They deserve all the hate they get. Ruined my favorite game of the PS4 generation.

Bug off Blizzard. You got so much deserved hate over World of Warcraft, over Warcraft 3 remastered, over Diablo Immortal. You had one shining bright spot, the best game of the PS4 generation with the best new art and IP, and you ruined that too.

Should have had multiple Overwatch IP games in development, plus movies and all the other stuff. Instead management decided "how to we make money off our existing game instead of having to make more games" and they killed it.

It's really amazing how they took a promising franchise and really Battleborned the bejeezus out of it.

Wye

Inhumane? Did they abused some animals?

Looks like you know everything about making games. I'm looking forward to your billion dollar grossing game!

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
It fixes DX12 forcing a 2 frame render ahead queue doubling latency in most systems.
Ironically, the ones with the least problems are those with slower CPUs since they cant keep ahead of the GPU as much

It's done that way to prevent/hide stutter, but 60Hz users go from 16.67ms to 49.9ms in the worst case situations (current frame + 2 on the queue, before a new UpToDate frame is even rendered let alone shown)
It's what adds that floaty feel where you're seeing and reacting to the past, like oldschool LCD TVs before game mode was a thing